2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Hawaii GolfWRX'ers Hale Wala'au

pitbull808

Ok, I always wonder how those sandbaggers win the scrambles and today I have to admit to being one of them. In a tournament today my team shot a 58 at 14 under par at Kapolei. Add in a few strokes for handicap and it came to 55-point-something, the second place team was 57.5.

But in my defense it was 100% legit, if anything we should get more strokes, because I reported my handicap as 9 still, even though it should be a 10 after my last few 86+ scores I didn't report yet. It was total, perfect ham-n-egging. We made a LOT of putts including one eagle. All the par 5's were reachable and only one par-3 over 150. We even left some birdies out there, including not being able to get up and down from 60 yards for birdie 2 times on a short par 4s. So I guess it can be done. Who knew? Gotta love the white tees when everyone can drive it 260+.

It sounds like you found the formula for the scramble victory. :fool: I hope you got some really good prizes? I have won scrambles before where the first prize was a case of toilet paper, since we were supposedly full of....you get the idea. Personally, I didn't mind the TP, since that stuff is expensive now. It was better than getting concrete cleaner for finishing back in the pack, and I wouldn't play with the "Topflite II" balls that they were giving away anyway. Congrats on your induction into the Sandbagger's Club!

Good job Rick! Tony..TP?? :man_in_love: That's a good one. I've had my share of Topflites too.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I always wonder how those sandbaggers win the scrambles and today I have to admit to being one of them. In a tournament today my team shot a 58 at 14 under par at Kapolei. Add in a few strokes for handicap and it came to 55-point-something, the second place team was 57.5.

But in my defense it was 100% legit, if anything we should get more strokes, because I reported my handicap as 9 still, even though it should be a 10 after my last few 86+ scores I didn't report yet. It was total, perfect ham-n-egging. We made a LOT of putts including one eagle. All the par 5's were reachable and only one par-3 over 150. We even left some birdies out there, including not being able to get up and down from 60 yards for birdie 2 times on a short par 4s. So I guess it can be done. Who knew? Gotta love the white tees when everyone can drive it 260+.

It sounds like you found the formula for the scramble victory. :fool: I hope you got some really good prizes? I have won scrambles before where the first prize was a case of toilet paper, since we were supposedly full of....you get the idea. Personally, I didn't mind the TP, since that stuff is expensive now. It was better than getting concrete cleaner for finishing back in the pack, and I wouldn't play with the "Topflite II" balls that they were giving away anyway. Congrats on your induction into the Sandbagger's Club!

Good job Rick! Tony..TP?? :man_in_love: That's a good one. I've had my share of Topflites too.

Luckily it was better than TP. I got a Burner driver and a dozen NXT Tours. I returned the driver to Roger Dunns (where they got it from) and now have store credit. I think I will get a Clickgear push cart, since I walk when I play as a single. But I don't know, I could use a 3 wood, but none there caught my eye.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

Rick,

I've got a clicgear push cart that I don't use anymore that I would sell. Let me know if you're interested.

Chuck

Taylormade M2 9.5* Graphite Design GP 6s
Taylormade M2 15* Graphite Design DJ 7x
Taylormade M1 17* and 21* Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 85s
Miura PP-9003 5-PW Nippon Ns Pro Modus 3 120 stiff
Titleist forged Vokey 50, 54, 58 wedges Nippon Ns Pro Modus 120
Scotty Cameron 009 beached 350 gram

Rick,

I've got a clicgear push cart that I don't use anymore that I would sell. Let me know if you're interested.

Chuck

:partytime2: Then what would he use his RD credit on?? :fool: Rick, wait a few months, there's going to be a ton of new stuff on the shelves. I know I've got too much credit over at RD's and Roots that I don't know what to do with. :man_in_love:

He could use his credit to buy me stuff at RD's that's equal to the cash price I'm asking for my clicgear. :fool:

Hey Guys, it's kind of last minute but in the spirit of Halloween, I'm putting together a Ghost Tour. Here's the information:

What: Orbs of Oahu Night Driving Tour

When: Wednesday October 22nd

Time: 7:00-11:00 p.m.

Cost: $42.50 per person

Description:

"If chicken skin is what you're looking for, this is the tour for you! On this very intense and spooky tour, you'll be taken around the southern part of the island as we make dead stops at some of the island's most haunted locations. Many of these sites are modern day haunts, and many were made that way from terrible events of the past. This tour includes a visit to the infamous and very haunted site called Morgan's Corner made famous in countless books and tales."

Deadline for signup is Monday, October 20th.

For more information, visit: Oahu Ghost Tours

;) You guys can always come "ride along" on a graveyard shift with me. Half of our areas are haunted. You should see the abandoned building at the State Hospital where they did experiments, inside Diamond Head crater or the whole Waimano Home at night. Of course Iolani Palace and the glowing balls they've been seeing lately are always fun as well! Talk about chicken skin moments! ;)

I'll get back to you as it comes closer Joey. :D

Hey Reid,

Might have to take you up on that ride along. Would be interesting to see what you guys do.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, sorry it's kind of late notice. But anyone want to play this Wednesday. I just found out I have the day off. It's a miracle.

Sorry..but I have to "work" on Wednesday...but I'm off on Friday. ;)

How about Black Friday the 28th? I have a new swing thought that will be sure to mess me up good. Hopefully a new putter by then as well.

54*, 58* Nike VR Forged

Ok, sorry it's kind of late notice. But anyone want to play this Wednesday. I just found out I have the day off. It's a miracle.

Sorry..but I have to "work" on Wednesday...but I'm off on Friday. ;)

How about Black Friday the 28th? I have a new swing thought that will be sure to mess me up good. Hopefully a new putter by then as well.

Hahahaha..the one day I'll act like a chick and go shopping. I'm already getting my "plans" ready to hit some places at midnite. Hopefully I'll be able to start/finish my Christmas list. :D

Any of the Hawaii guys have AT&T and are still having trouble with their phones? I know I was with Carl and Troy this afternoon and their iphones were working fine. Joey and Chad texted me but I still can't do that. I'm also showing all incalls as "UNKNOWN" and still can't make outgoing calls at the moment. So all you who have texted me...I can't reply back. I'm currently logged into itunes and my phone is doing the 2.2 update. Hopefully that will help because AT&T customer service was of zero help. Stupid lady was telling me to remove my battery and sim card from the iphone!!??!! :fool:

• 2 weeks later...

Wassa matta hawaii boys. You guys still sleeping off the thanksgiving grindz??? The room is dead?? What the heck has everyone been up to lately?

Me...I've been attempting to stick to one swing and one grip during a round. Tough to do when I keep watching that damn golf channel. Thinking about actually videotaping myself but I don't want to puke watching my swing. Debating a driver purchase because I ran into Kevin and since then can't stop debating the new Titleist. Debating a 3 wood purchase because my cart partner bought a new Titleist..well two new Titleists. Also waiting on a few putters. Yeah..I know...no big surprise but there. Being a putterholic is a terrible curse. :pardon: Also debating getting a new set of irons and going back to my old +.5" D4 build. I know I could just reshaft one of the sets I have but that would be no fun. Thank goodness for the Chikara's. At least the only switching I do with them is v1 and v2. I finally made all of them the same paintfill so I won't have the confusion I had during that one round. :fool: I know..helps to look at the dots and not the paintfill color! :D

So whats up boys?? Along with you new guys??? I know there's a few more new Hawaii dudes hanging around!

ALOHA!

Reid :hi:

Wassa matta hawaii boys. You guys still sleeping off the thanksgiving grindz??? The room is dead?? What the heck has everyone been up to lately?

Me...I've been attempting to stick to one swing and one grip during a round. Tough to do when I keep watching that damn golf channel. Thinking about actually videotaping myself but I don't want to puke watching my swing. Debating a driver purchase because I ran into Kevin and since then can't stop debating the new Titleist. Debating a 3 wood purchase because my cart partner bought a new Titleist..well two new Titleists. Also waiting on a few putters. Yeah..I know...no big surprise but there. Being a putterholic is a terrible curse. :pardon: Also debating getting a new set of irons and going back to my old +.5" D4 build. I know I could just reshaft one of the sets I have but that would be no fun. Thank goodness for the Chikara's. At least the only switching I do with them is v1 and v2. I finally made all of them the same paintfill so I won't have the confusion I had during that one round. :fool: I know..helps to look at the dots and not the paintfill color! :D

So whats up boys?? Along with you new guys??? I know there's a few more new Hawaii dudes hanging around!

ALOHA!

Reid :hi:

Buy the Titleist Driver Buy buy buy. Help the economy. I think I Am going to pick up a Hybrid soon, its time to replace the Taylormade.

So I was supposed to get a new Sunset Beach putter on Tuesday, but instead I got an empty USPS box with a note that said the contents were empty when recieved in Honolulu. Somebody stole my new custom putter. Insert multiple F-bombs later and I'm only mildly pissed off still. I have to go down to the Post Office today to file the claim, I went yesterday but didn't have any proof of purchase amounts with me.

So if anyone sees someone with a chocolate-finished Sunset Beach Surfside centershafted putter, with "My Jenny" stamped on the bumpers and "ROK" stamped on the face, that's mine.

54*, 58* Nike VR Forged

:o Rick, That sucks dude! I have never had that happen to me, but I have been straight ripped off and also had a driver come in with the shaft snapped in half. Mine did not have insurance, so I was SOL. Good luck with your claim, I hope it gets resolved quickly.

Thanks for the luck, I need all the mojo I can get. They said it can take upwards of 60 days because it has to go to the claims office in St. Louis. I work in insurance and this ones a no brainer. I mean, they received the empty box so they have to know something's up, I provided my receipts, so hopefully it will be more like 2 weeks to get my claim check.

54*, 58* Nike VR Forged

:o Rick, That sucks dude! I have never had that happen to me, but I have been straight ripped off and also had a driver come in with the shaft snapped in half. Mine did not have insurance, so I was SOL. Good luck with your claim, I hope it gets resolved quickly.

Thanks for the luck, I need all the mojo I can get. They said it can take upwards of 60 days because it has to go to the claims office in St. Louis. I work in insurance and this ones a no brainer. I mean, they received the empty box so they have to know something's up, I provided my receipts, so hopefully it will be more like 2 weeks to get my claim check.

Holy cr@p Rick..that totally sucks!!!! I hope you can collect on it! Good luck!

:cheesy: Saw a handsome guy scratching his ear in this video! :cheesy:

Lingle Mail

Looked like a scratch then a sniff after maybe? :busted2:

:cheesy: Saw a handsome guy scratching his ear in this video! :cheesy:

Lingle Mail

Now I know what it is you actually do all day! I would have expected to see you sending a text message on your iPhone! :cheesy:

HAHAHA...Tony...I'd have sent you a text but I was too busy acting "busy". Something about being with FBI, HFD, HPD, USPSPO..and the rest of the alphabet crew had something to do with it. BUT..in the picture in todays Star Bulletin..one of my idjets looked like he wasn't too busy to be taking his own phone pics of us in "action".:cheesy: JK..he was checking the internet to see if the story had broke. We were getting smashed by the press trying to get the story before the place was cleared.