Hawaii GolfWRX'ers Hale Wala'au

pitbull808

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what they say is true...the camera does add a hundred pounds! :cheesy:

LOL..you would know since you're heavier then me. :pardon: :cheesy:

I've asked Santa for a liposuction procedure this Christmas. Either that or a lifetime supply of buffet dinners for you! :cheesy:

Hmmm.....Tsukiji for life??!! I'll take it! :D

Hope all you ho's get what you want for Christmas.

Taylormade M2 9.5* Graphite Design GP 6s
Taylormade M2 15* Graphite Design DJ 7x
Taylormade M1 17* and 21* Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 85s
Miura PP-9003 5-PW Nippon Ns Pro Modus 3 120 stiff
Titleist forged Vokey 50, 54, 58 wedges Nippon Ns Pro Modus 120
Scotty Cameron 009 beached 350 gram

• 1 month later...
BTW. Tadd came by today and i had to do a major local kind repair. if you seen what i did you would fall down laughing....

I did :o ....and I DID! :cheesy:

I better hear all about this local kine action Friday! ;)

And shoots..I better leave those darn Sony books over at the club house for Tadd to sign. Maybe I'll get him to sign that cover he gave me as well. :D

• 3 weeks later...

You every have one of those days where you should have stayed in bed?

I had a club play today at Makaha, so I made the cross island trek to make the early morning tee time. It was really, really, really, windy and I think the course super must have been having a bad day. The greens were very grainy, wind swept, super fast, and the holes were cut in wicked positions. It was very difficult to hit and hold greens except for uphill and into the wind. I actually putted and chipped pretty well given the conditions, but still shot my worst round of the year. :fool: You could hit a 10 footer that dies at the cup, takes the lip, picks up speed and now leaves you a 15 footer that is 90* from where you just putted.

As I was about to leave the course, somebody tells us that an Aloha Petroleum tanker broke it's driveshaft, and spilled more than 2,000 gallons of fuel on the H1 freeway. The entire freeway is closed in both directions for more than 5 hours and traffic is backed up for miles and is at a complete standstill. :huh: We are stuck... Then I hear that there is also a bad accident in Nanakuli, which is making things worse. Can't go anywhere, so it is suggested we play another 18 while we wait out the traffic. I proceed to shoot the exact same score as the morning round to tie my worst score of the year! :russian_roulette: Did I mention that there is now a fire just below the golf course too? I figure it has been about 10 hours since the spill, the accident in Nanakuli was cleared, and the fire appears to be under control, so I assume that by now, the freeway is wide open.

WRONG!

Traffic is bumper to bumper and people are driving the wrong way up on-ramps to back get off the highway. It took an hour to go from the Kapolei on-ramp eastbound to the perpetual "Future Site of UH West Oahu! :huh: Crazy! All east bound traffic is being routed into one lane. To make matters worse, an ambulance decides that he/she needs to split the traffic to get through rather than use the shoulder lanes...which were empty! :o Interestingly, not a single cop the whole way....I finally make it to the merge into one lane and find that crews are now replacing dirt on the shoulder area that was apparently dug up due to fuel contamination. Oh yeah, all the work vehicles are on the shoulder, but there are three cops standing around and talking story in the 2 coned off lanes of the freeway! Crews were taking down some of the cones, which left no clear traffic pattern, and nobody was directing traffic. Thanks! Thanks a lot, for that! Well, after 2 hours and numerous idiot drivers later... I finally make it home! :victory:

You every have one of those days ... ?

Hheheheeheh....I actually thought about you for a moment when I was heading to RK for a round! :cheesy: Looking at all the traffic in the opposite direction and having played a round with a guy who actually was to tee up at 10am but the traffic delayed his arrival till the 12:30pm tee time...I figured you'd either be stuck in traffic or playing another round. I guess I was right on both!

At least your round didn't end up like mine...heading to the best round of '09 needing only a par.....perfect drive, perfect layup, perfect shank in the water. :russian_roulette: At least I stuck the pin to 2' on the next shot. Still the best round but should have been better. :D

I am in pain. I just pulled my hamstring chasing down a fly ball from a 6 year old. I made the out, yipeee. I can't believe it. I really wanted to get to the range to hit my newly shafted 247s with KBS and now I can't even walk. I guess that is what I get for scolding my son so much earlier in the practice. Damn you karma.

I am in pain. I just pulled my hamstring chasing down a fly ball from a 6 year old. I made the out, yipeee. I can't believe it. I really wanted to get to the range to hit my newly shafted 247s with KBS and now I can't even walk. I guess that is what I get for scolding my son so much earlier in the practice. Damn you karma.

Geesh..and you call me OLD MAN! :tongue: BACHI!!!! :tongue: And here we (C, T, & Me) were thinking you went straight to the range after leaving the club house! :D

We were taking bets at the shop about whether you were at the range hitting balls! :tongue: I am glad we didn't actually bet...I would have lost! :cheesy:

maybe now it will help with your shorter swing.

I dunno...for a moment there like I told Carl...maybe he's hiding the fact that he hit himself in the back of his leg on his backswing?? After all...didn't his clubhead get stuck in his pocket once? :pardon:

I dunno...for a moment there like I told Carl...maybe he's hiding the fact that he hit himself in the back of his leg on his backswing?? After all...didn't his clubhead get stuck in his pocket once? :pardon:

I think he is hiding the fact that he probably did hit himself in the leg. At least his leg could be TBC'd.

I think he is hiding the fact that he probably did hit himself in the leg. At least his leg could be TBC'd.

Hey wait a minute. I have no problem having my clubs TBC'd, but I draw the line at letting Carl tune my body. Nooooooooooooo thanks. :cheesy:

Hey wait a minute. I have no problem having my clubs TBC'd, but I draw the line at letting Carl tune my body. Nooooooooooooo thanks. :cheesy:

LOL...Carl's back got the TBR today. :D

Well miracle of miracles, I think I will have Friday off from work :partytime2:. Now the only question is will I be able to play golf. It's 50/50 right now, but I may have to do some final tweaks/cleaning/spackling in the condo. I'm hoping for golf.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

• 5 weeks later...

Well...it's dead in here so I figured I'd post. Big apologies to the Coach and Asst Coach but a last minute call received made me change my plans for the afternoon. Then again..I didn't know where practice was supposed to be for the team anyways. If it was at Golftec..I cancel my apologies. :)

Got a call from Carl today after he was through with his "business" and I was just getting off from work. ..want to golf at HCC? Got to the course and saw Harold, Wade and yeah..that kid that hangs out over there a lot Tadd. :D Tadd was kind enough to join us for nine holes. It was pretty tough trying to golf when you're spending most of the time with your jaw dropped watching Tadd just rip balls into the 35mph winds like the air was still. I thought I caught a few drives only to be looking at Tadd about 20yards ahead. To make matters worse...he was hitting that Proto Adams driver off a little tuft of grass he'd dig up on the box. :shok: The other tough thing...having Tadd standing about two o'clock from me when I'm trying to hit a 75 yard wedge shot. Anyone who's played with me know's I'm pretty "dangerous" at that yardage. The only thing that kept popping up in my head...don't shank the f$%k out of it and kill Hawaii's best golfer! Hell..the headlines in the Advertiser and Star Bulletin were flashing through my head. "Pitbull Shanks One Into Tadd's Eye!" :black eye: Needless to say, I sent a skull shot over the green.:blush: Thank goodness he was only in that position once.:blush: Tadd was also testing out a new Chikara wedge. Some of you who frequent the shop may have seen this gorgeous wedge there. Carls been doing grinds at the shop to fit Tadd into it. YUP..lots of black snot coming out of him lately! Tadd was really liking the new grind Carl did for him. After we were done playing...Tadd was doing some amazing stuff with the wedge. The best draw dropper....Tadd went back about thirty yards from the practice green. He put a coconut tree about eight yards ahead of him in between himself and the flag. He then proceeded to do nice high flops that faded around the tree and stick by the flag. It left our whole group and all the people that had gathered around the practice green with a wide eyed jaw dropping look. I went back behind the flag and watched him. I couldn't even see him behind the tree, only the ball flopping out and curving towards the flag. Just awesome stuff. From tee to green, he was amazing us all. I think if there was anyone to put money on for the Mid Pac Open, there's no better pick then him. :yes:

As for us...we need a whole lot more practice to be giving Tadd a challenge instead of a laugh! :pardon:

• 3 weeks later...

CONGRATULATIONS CARL & CHIKARA DESIGNS FOR GETTING YOUR FIRST WIN HERE IN HAWAII AT THE MID PACIFIC OPEN!!!!!!!!!!! CARLS 60* BENT TO 59* WEDGE WAS USED BY THE WINNER!!!!!!

BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO TADD AS WELL! TWO IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: