APPLY: Titleist ProV1 Experience! Visit Titleist HQ with GolfWRX! Apply today!

​What is your home city/state? Cumberland, RI

What is your current USGA Handicap? 4

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Have played ProV1x for as long as it has been available. Have tried a few others but always right back to ProV1x.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I have been working very hard on my swing/wedge game and would love to get fitted for new Vokey wedges. Spending some time at the wedge fitting area would be beneficial as I'm currently looking to replace my wedges. My old Vokeys are ready to be replaced and this would be perfect timing. I would also be interested to see what shafts are suggested for the top of my bag as well.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

​What is your home city/state? Cleveland, Ohio

What is your current USGA Handicap? 10

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?

2017 pro v1. Previous played models of the pv1x but switched over to the new pv1 this season. I made this choice after putting both balls head to head out on the course to see which one was the best for me. I chose the pv1 based off the ball flight and consistency that I achieved and I also love the feel of this ball off all of the clubs in my bag. Off the driver it feels like it just explodes and off the putter and wedges it feels very soft. Couldn't ask for much more from a ball.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

I've played almost Titleist products exclusively for the last 6-7 years that I have played golf and everything has always been amazing. It would be a great experience to be able to get to see the inside works of the equipment that I have used for the years that I have played golf. Being able to participate in this event would be the the dream of seeing the equipment I have trusted and being apart of a trip in the community I have participated in since I started golfing. A great 2 for 1 experience.

​What is your home city/state? Strongsville, OH

What is your current USGA Handicap? 0

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? 2017 Prov x and Chrome Soft

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I'd like to know more about the evolution from the wound Balata to the ProV1 and why it even happened; was its purpose to go further, straighter, higher, etc.? I really want to know what Titleist is currently working on and where they see the future of the golf ball going. I remember the original ProV1 was the softer higher flying ball, and now that has flipped to the ProV1x; why? My first real clubs I purchased were DCI oversized plus and Starship woods. I shot par for the first time with 704 CB's, a 905T, and a ProV1. I've also had a Scotty Cameron and several Vokey wedges stolen from me :) A long history of Titleist with my family and lots of old Titleist hats. I am part of the Jr golf camp staff at The Washington Learning Center in Cleveland in conjunction with The First Tee. Most of these kids wear Titleist hats to the camp; it would be a nice experience to share.

• ​What is your home city/state? Grand Rapids, MI
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? +2
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I play the ProV1X. I like the feel of the X, it helps me control too much spin that I get with my mid-short irons.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? This would be another step in taking my golf game forward. I love to learn the details of the equipment that I use and to see what goes in to the #1 ball in golf would be phenomenal. Golf is a whole package game, you need to understand shots from 300+ yard drives to 3 foot putts. Why would you not want to better understand the only piece of equipment that you play on every shot of the round?

THE EVENT

From July 12-13, eight WRX members will gain exclusive access to Titleist and its world-class golf ball development facilities, all located within a 5-mile radius of each other in Greater New Bedford, Mass., where Titleist has been making golf balls since the 1930s.

This two-day experience will take you inside Titleist World Headquarters and Titleist Ball Plant 3, where you will meet the people and explore the technology that goes into making next generation Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls. You will spend an afternoon at Titleist’s Manchester Lane Test Facility, one of the game’s hidden gems, to see Titleist’s golf ball testing robots in action and conduct product testing of your own. And you'll get a behind-the-scenes tour of TItleist's custom ball operations (Plant C), where My Pro V1's come to life. (You can expect some on-course testing and friendly competition, as well. So pack your clubs!)

***NOTE: You must be willing/able to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA***

DATES

Wednesday, July 12th - Thursday, July 13th

GROUP INVITES

8 GolfWRX Community Members

TO APPLY YOU MUST

• Be a GolfWRX member in good standing
  • Willing to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA

TO ENTER

• In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:
    • ​What is your home city/state?
    • What is your current USGA Handicap?
    • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?
    • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

WHO

Titleist Golf Ball R&D, Manufacturing, Product Management, Golf Ball Fitting and Marketing associates, each of whom play key roles in the golf ball development process.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

Behind-the-scenes tours, one-on-one sessions with golf ball experts, plenty of product testing, giveaways and more...

You’ll be expected to contribute to a live Titleist visit thread and possibly on social media as well…

HOW PARTICIPANTS ARE SELECTED

GolfWRX will select members based on entries and inform them by PM. All Entrants will be picked by June 26.

APPLY BELOW TODAY!

• What is your home city/state? Wilmington, DE
    • What is your current USGA Handicap? 14.2
    • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Bridgestone Tour B330 RX. I think it gives me the best compromise of feel around the greens and response from my scoring clubs while being controllable off the tee and long irons.
    • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? This would trip would be the pinnacle of my summer. I'm a middle school teacher and I try to make the most of my summers by living modestly and golfing as much as possible. I have never had a lesson, and because of my budget, don't really have access to the fitting tools and expertise that I think could take my game to the next level. While I am new to WRX, I think that by sharing my experience with Titleist I could help give back to a community that has helped me and my game develop over the past year.

Hometown: Hattiesburg, MS

Handicap: 12

Current ball: Nike RZN Platinum - got a bunch of them at a discounted price.

Why would I like to attend this experience?: I have never had the opportunity to tour a golf ball production facility, and would love to chance to see the magic that goes into creating the standard of excellence in the golf ball industry. I have also never had a golf ball fitting, and generally just play whatever urethane ball I can get at a deal (see above). I have been trying to break into the single digits/consistently break 80 for some time, and I think a proper ball fitting could be an invaluable addition to my game.

• ​What is your home city/state? Reno, Nevada
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 5
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Chrome Soft , swing speed is down to 100mph
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Have played Titleist balls my entire life until last year when my swing speed dropped. I've played every tour ball that they have made, I remember playing the tour Balata and professional 90's & 100s , darn I'm getting old! I always felt the quality was the best. Would love to view the facility and see how these top quality products are engineered. The trip would bring me back to Titleist so to speak.

• What is your home city/state? Randolph, Vermont
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 13
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? It's Titleist! To see first hand the work that goes into the making a little white ball better and better every 2 years. As well as the the advancements in equipment technology and the amazing test facilities.

​What is your home city/state? Fairfax, VA

What is your current USGA Handicap? 10

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Various Bridgestone 330 (RX, RXS, etc). I feel like some aspects of my game, and some good days, warrant a premium ball, while there are also many off days where I lose a ton of balls. The Bridgestones were the best mix of performance and price.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I've always bounced between a premium "Tour" ball and more inexpensive options because my game can be anywhere near a mid single digit or straight high handicap. I think a ball fitting from a knowledgeable place would be very educational, and what better place to get this done. Additionally, like many on here, I'm a total golf gearhead and would love to have a behind the scenes visit with Titleist, a name that I've known for so long in golf since I started back in 1988. I'd really cherish and appreciate the opportunity with GolfWRX and Titleist.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

• What is your home city/state? Toronto, ON
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 0
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist Prov1x
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I've played Titleist ever since I started playing golf 5 years ago. I would really love the opportunity to get a chance to visit the place it all comes together and learn from the people who make the equipment that fuels my game.

What is your home city/state? Rochester, NY

What is your current USGA Handicap? 14.9

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? 2017 ProV1X. Flights higher, spins more, and carries more than the 2017 V1. While firmer than the V1, there was no difference in actual performance for me in short game or putting. The long game improvements were too good to pass up.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I have an all-Titleist bag, and am looking to get a blended set of 718 AP2s/TM-Bs for next season. Why not get a head start on them by getting fit in the best way possible?

12.0 @ 11.25 Titleist 915D2 | Diamana M+ 50
16.5 @ 17.25 Titleist TSI2 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60

23.0 @ 22.25 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60
7H 29.0 @ 28.0 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HYB
6-P Titleist T100 | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue AM2
50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, 62.08M Titleist Vokey SM8 | Nippon 850GH
Scotty Cameron SS Newport 1.5
Taylormade TP5

​What is your home city/state? Halifax, Ma

What is your current USGA Handicap? 14

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I play the Titleist Prov1. Until this new version I played the ProV1X. The reason I play Titleist is the consistency from ball to ball and I like the control around the greens. I had been fitted for previous versions of the X bout switched this year because the long game control has been improved greatly. I spent the first part of the season comparing the balls to one another and came to conclusion the the 1 is my new ball and I love it more than I like the older X.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would love to have this experience because I am like everyone here an equipment junkie, I love gear I love finding out how things work how they came to be why the way one company does things one way and another company does this a different way. I have played Titleist balls since I started and it has spread to my putters and my wedges and now my Irons I will be getting fitted for a new Titleist driver within the next month or so, so going to see the company in person that will be making ALL of my equipment I thing would be cool but more than that I watch all of the Titleist videos and love seeing the ball hitting machine especially the frame by frame vids that show the ball changing shapes in ways the naked eye couldn't see in a million years of trying. Also meeting the people that are as passionate about golf as me but from a different perspective would be really neat to talk to them and hear what they try to accomplish when they are testing or creating or just designing a piece of equipment what goes into it how much aesthetics play a part vs function vs costs etc...I could go on forever suffice it to say this would be a real once in a lifetime experience for me. Wether or not I get picked I can't wait to hear from the people that do if I'm not one of them. Thanks for the chance very much appreciated.

I live in Boston, MA

I'm currently a 3.8

For the last couple years I've played Vice Pro +, I like the low spinning version of all my equipment choices because I hit the ball so high. I switched to Vice from the Pro V1x mostly because of price a couple years ago and the fact that they do custom logos pretty cheaply and haven't found something worth paying more for since switching

First, I've always like Titleist as a brand and would love to see its legendary test facilities. Me and my dad tried to get a tour when I was in high school of the ball factory but it was on a Sunday, before the internet, and we didn't have much info on how to do that and were turned away when we got there. I have several thousand followers on Facebook and Instagram and would love the opportunity to chronicle my experience and the cool stuff that we would inevitably see. Thank you for the chance to enter this contest, I think whoever is chosen will be in for an unforgettable couple of days.

Tim

​What is your home city/state? Brewster, MA

What is your current USGA Handicap? 13

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1X (Previous Model) Like the lower spin off my driver and excellent stopping power into greens.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I have never really had a golf ball fitting. I would love to learn and really understand what equipment fits my needs and puts me in a position to play better golf.

• ​What is your home city/state? Dedham, MA (53 miles from the facility!)
    • What is your current USGA Handicap? No official handicap but play to a 10-12.
    • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Varies, always testing. Just bought a box of new ProV1 to try.
    • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? It would be cool/fun to attend something like this and see how the ProV1's are made. I've been playing them since they first came out. When I first got into the golf business (no longer in the golf business), the head pro gave me 6 dozen of these personalized with my name on it. I may stray from time to time and I always come back to them.

​What is your home city/state? Delavan, Wisconsin

What is your current USGA Handicap? 2.1

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro v1x and testing B330 so far it's interesting but durability seems worse than pro v1, that's an immediate turn off to me

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? It sounds fascinating to get an inside look at the ball development process at one of the most advanced facilities in the world

Driver - Who knows!?

Ping G430 3W  15@14 Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade TPMC 2011 3-4 X100

Titleist 716MB 5-PW X100

Ping Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 SS X100 50-55, S400 60

Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie 36" CB

• ​What is your home city/state? San Antonio, TX
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1x and Taylormade TP5
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I have been a long time Titleist Fan boy. I am an avid follower of them on social media. I can't imagine a more incredible experience that this. Bucket list item. Thank you for the opportunity.

• What is your home city/state? Orillia , Ont Canada
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? New PROV1X - simply it is the constituency of ball to ball, while being a delivering high end preference. It is a jack of all trades ball for me. Does every well.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? It would be a trip of a life time as a gear nerd to get to meet and experience the staff at Titleist. I think it would be great be able to represent the members here and provide all kinds of feedback

TS3 8.5 - evenflow white 6.5 
915F 15 - Rogue x
Titleist H2 21- tensi pro white 
712U 4i DG tour x100
718 ap2 5-PW DG tour x100
SM7 52F 56S 60M DG tour s400
Scotty Cameron special select 2 - 34 

• n a post below, include your answers to the following questions:

•  

-Hometown: Anchorage, Alaska

-USGA Handicap: 3.2

-Current ball: After playing the Pro V1x exclusively for the past few years, I'm currently a free agent. The story behind it is kind of funny. I was on the first tee of the first round of the Anchorage Open and i reached. I've played the Pro V1x, Bridgestone 330, Srixon Z Star, Kirkland Signature, and Callaway Chrome Soft this year. I've just been trying balls to see if I really like one in particular.

-Why?: I live in a state that has exactly 0 Trackmans operating in it. If we want a quality fitting for anything we have to travel out of state. This would be an amazing opportunity to not only optimize the ball I play also to satisfy a personal interest in biographies. I've always been curious in the backgrounds of successful people and companies. I like learning about the steps they have taken to the top. The opportunity to experience this with Titleist would be amazing.

• ​What is your home city/state? Edmonton AB
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? I don't have one, but I would guess around 18
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist ProV1 because I like the feel of it
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? This would be an experience unlike any other, a chance to play some golf, and opportunity to learn what makes my game tick.

• What is your home city/state? New York, NY
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? .05
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro v1 - Low spin for me off the tee which has helped my control as I tend to leave drives out to the right.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Being from NY I have always wanted to get fit at the Titleist performance center but never have had the time to make it out there, with work slowing down would love for this opportunity. Being a "GOLF NUT" I would love to see what goes into making the Balls and clubs so many of us just throw into our bags. Would love to really dig deep and see why the Pro v1 and V1x are the most played ball and see which is best for me. With that all being said - Who wouldn't want to be involved in this!! Feel horrible for that are too far from Mass to even enter but I know whoever is chosen will make sure to keep everyone up to date.

THE EVENT

From July 12-13, eight WRX members will gain exclusive access to Titleist and its world-class golf ball development facilities, all located within a 5-mile radius of each other in Greater New Bedford, Mass., where Titleist has been making golf balls since the 1930s.

This two-day experience will take you inside Titleist World Headquarters and Titleist Ball Plant 3, where you will meet the people and explore the technology that goes into making next generation Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls. You will spend an afternoon at Titleist’s Manchester Lane Test Facility, one of the game’s hidden gems, to see Titleist’s golf ball testing robots in action and conduct product testing of your own. And you'll get a behind-the-scenes tour of TItleist's custom ball operations (Plant C), where My Pro V1's come to life. (You can expect some on-course testing and friendly competition, as well. So pack your clubs!)

***NOTE: You must be willing/able to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA***

DATES

Wednesday, July 12th - Thursday, July 13th

GROUP INVITES

8 GolfWRX Community Members

TO APPLY YOU MUST

• Be a GolfWRX member in good standing
  • Willing to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA

TO ENTER

• In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:

WHO

Titleist Golf Ball R&D, Manufacturing, Product Management, Golf Ball Fitting and Marketing associates, each of whom play key roles in the golf ball development process.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

Behind-the-scenes tours, one-on-one sessions with golf ball experts, plenty of product testing, giveaways and more...

You’ll be expected to contribute to a live Titleist visit thread and possibly on social media as well…

HOW PARTICIPANTS ARE SELECTED

GolfWRX will select members based on entries and inform them by PM. All Entrants will be picked by June 26.

APPLY BELOW TODAY!

Winchester, MA

USGA Index 6.3

Titleist ProV1x (2016), Chrome Soft, Bridgestone B330-S

Because I keep putting different brand of balls in play during tournaments, and I'd like to settle on one brand/model. The changes confuse me sometimes, especially with the Titleist 2017 ProV balls whereby the launch/trajectory performance metrics have flipped from the prior version. Thank you.

​What is your home city/state?

Greenville, SC

What is your current USGA Handicap?

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?

Pro V1x - I have a naturally high ball flight and it helps keep the spin down while providing the greenside control I need. I have never played another ball regularly besides the Pro V1x since before college. It's simply the best.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

I absolutely love (and play) all Titleist products and have always been intrigued by modern manufacturing processes, especially as it relates to golf. I think it would be a great experience to see it first hand.

​What is your home city/state? Omaha, NE

What is your current USGA Handicap? 6

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Srixon Z-star XV

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Titleist has always been a brand that's been close to making it into my bag, but something just didn't work out. I would love to see their approach to R&D and how they've dealt with the changes in marketing by others and see what changes are being made in their equipment.

BAG UNDER CONSTRUCTION/TINKERING...Now and Forever.