APPLY: Titleist ProV1 Experience! Visit Titleist HQ with GolfWRX! Apply today!

• ​What is your home city/state? Houston, Tx
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? +1
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? 2017 Prov 1
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Because it would be really cool for a Titleist lifer. I've lived through changes from the Balata to the Prestige and from the professional to the Pro V1, and it would be a really cool experience.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• What is your home city/state?
  • Milwaukee Wisconsin
  • What is your current USGA Handicap?
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?
  • Taylormade tp5x, I play this because it goes a mile, still spins nicely, and cuts through the win easily.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?
  • Because I have not been able to find a golf fitting anywhere near me and would love to see the actual cold hard numbers to see how it will benefit me to use this specific ball.

• ​What is your home city/state? Franklin, North Carolina
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 2.7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Currently play the Bridgestone B330. I was a Bridgestone ball fitting technician for 3 years in 4 different territories (St. Louis / Phoenix / Atlanta / Orlando). I extensively tested golf balls during that time, and the B330 gave me the best long game control with an acceptable amount of greenside spin. Optimally, I would like a ball that spins a touch more on pitches and chips, but maintains the mid/low spin characteristics off the tee.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I've been working in Support for a Tax Software company for the last two years, and just kept playing Bridgestone B330 during that time. This spring a friend gave me a sleeve of the 2017 Titleist Pro V1 to play around with. Back when i worked with Bridgestone, the ProV1 always felt better, but off the tee / off irons / wedge shots it showed an extreme amount of spin (for me). The 2017 version has that classic, awesome Titleist feel off all clubs, but the spin profile is different than before. off driver and 3 wood the ball worked great, and on full shots into the green the ball checked without sucking back. I would really like the opportunity to professionally test the balls against each other again and see if what i saw and felt on the course is true, if so, I would happily jump back on the Titleist train.

Callaway Mavrick Sub Zero 9* / Aldila Rip'd NV 65X
Taylormade SLDR 15* / Aldila Copper XTorsion 70X
Yonix Ezone 18* / UST Mayiama V2 75 X
Adams Super 9031  20* & 23* Hybrid / Aldila NV 85X
Maltby TS2 5 & 6 / Project X 6.0
Maltby TS1 7-P  / Project X 6.0 
Callaway JAWS MD5 Raw 52* & 58* / Project X 6.0
Taylormade Tour Issue Manta Ray / 32.5"
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

• ​What is your home city/state? - Folsom, CA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? - 8
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? - 2016 ProV1x and Nike RZN Tour Black, mainly because I can control both balls and sometimes I like to be different. Titleist is the best all around ball, Nike ball in the winter, goes a little further off the tee.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I currently play AP2 716s, Vokey wedges, and a Scotty putter so I would love to be part of a Titleist event. My game has gotten better over the last year, so a Titleist HQ event would be a great learning experience to demo product and work on my weaknesses. Thanks for considering!

• What is your home city/state? Newnan, GA (Currently in Philly, PA)
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 10
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? B-stone B330S or B330RX-S; best feeling ball for me with the right amount of greenside spin and control
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I grew up playing Titleist balls and irons, and the ProV1--or X pending the course--since its inception until last year when I switched. I would love to see the craftsmanship put into this, along with the technology. And experience a ball fitting...all of which could easily sway me back to the V1 world.

Srixon Z565 10* 1* open Fubuki J S
Titleist 904F 13* Graffaloy Comp NT Blue Hybrid R tipped
PXG 317X 19* Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S
Srixon H45 Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S or 545 4i Steelfiber i95 S (depending on course)
Srixon 745 5-PW Steelfiber i95 S
SM6 Vokey 50* F grind, 56* S grind, 60* M grind--all with KBS 610's
Betti BB53C counterbalanced

THE EVENT

From July 12-13, eight WRX members will gain exclusive access to Titleist and its world-class golf ball development facilities, all located within a 5-mile radius of each other in Greater New Bedford, Mass., where Titleist has been making golf balls since the 1930s.

This two-day experience will take you inside Titleist World Headquarters and Titleist Ball Plant 3, where you will meet the people and explore the technology that goes into making next generation Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls. You will spend an afternoon at Titleist’s Manchester Lane Test Facility, one of the game’s hidden gems, to see Titleist’s golf ball testing robots in action and conduct product testing of your own. And you'll get a behind-the-scenes tour of TItleist's custom ball operations (Plant C), where My Pro V1's come to life. (You can expect some on-course testing and friendly competition, as well. So pack your clubs!)

***NOTE: You must be willing/able to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA***

DATES

Wednesday, July 12th - Thursday, July 13th

GROUP INVITES

8 GolfWRX Community Members

TO APPLY YOU MUST

• Be a GolfWRX member in good standing
  • Willing to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA

TO ENTER

• In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:
    • ​What is your home city/state?

WHO

Titleist Golf Ball R&D, Manufacturing, Product Management, Golf Ball Fitting and Marketing associates, each of whom play key roles in the golf ball development process.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

Behind-the-scenes tours, one-on-one sessions with golf ball experts, plenty of product testing, giveaways and more...

You’ll be expected to contribute to a live Titleist visit thread and possibly on social media as well…

HOW PARTICIPANTS ARE SELECTED

GolfWRX will select members based on entries and inform them by PM. All Entrants will be picked by June 26.

APPLY BELOW TODAY!

• ​What is your home city/state? Princeton, NJ
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 3.9
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1x/ Pro V1/ Callaway Chrome Soft. Haven't found anything better and their golf balls just work. Can't imagine playing anything different. I enjoy trying other balls but typically always end up going back to Titleist
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I always enter contests, but never win... Plus, I think it would be an awesome experience. Like what golfer wouldn't want to do this? Any WRXer would.

​What is your home city/state? Fort Mill, SC

What is your current USGA Handicap? .8

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1X and Snell MTB

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? As a former golf professional turned customer golf/ ringer player, I can think of nothing more fun and informative than to be in the hallowed halls of the famous white coats to totally immerse myself in all that I've loved about the brand for over 35 years. And, it'll make for some amazing stories with clients, on the course or in the boardrooms, family and the boys at the club!

​What is your home city/state? Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

What is your current USGA Handicap? 17

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Taylor made tour preffered as they are long of the tee, and great around the green.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? This would be a once in a life time experience where I believe that a first time fitting I could greatly benefit and ultimately reduce my current scores, and finally have the correct equipment fit to me. To take part in this experience would be truly amazing and game changing.

In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:

​What is your home city/state? Hartford, CT

What is your current USGA Handicap? 12

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why ? Taylor made TP5X

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

I have always been a Titliest guy for equipment, balls, and even FJ shoes. But I have actually started drifting away from the brand due to performance, feel, and looks. I would love to be re energized by the brand and the fitting expeirance. No one outside of PXG has really shown me that they can truly fit me with the right clubs for my game and skill leve. And no one has made me a better golfer through equipment outside of them. I didn't opt for this clubs but the fitting is second to none. Hopefully I get selected and this can change my mind.

• ​What is your home city/state? Grover, NC
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 13
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Callaway Super soft and Chrome Soft. Price for the SS plus they offer it in yellow. I like the Red truvis CS if I wish to play a premium ball.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Would be a great opportunity. I have never been professionally fitted for clubs or balls. I also am a golf equipment junkie. I would love to learn even more about the history, and see up close the culture of the Titleist brand. Plus I am self employed so getting off work to make the trip will not be an issue!

THE EVENT

From July 12-13, eight WRX members will gain exclusive access to Titleist and its world-class golf ball development facilities, all located within a 5-mile radius of each other in Greater New Bedford, Mass., where Titleist has been making golf balls since the 1930s.

This two-day experience will take you inside Titleist World Headquarters and Titleist Ball Plant 3, where you will meet the people and explore the technology that goes into making next generation Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls. You will spend an afternoon at Titleist’s Manchester Lane Test Facility, one of the game’s hidden gems, to see Titleist’s golf ball testing robots in action and conduct product testing of your own. And you'll get a behind-the-scenes tour of TItleist's custom ball operations (Plant C), where My Pro V1's come to life. (You can expect some on-course testing and friendly competition, as well. So pack your clubs!)

***NOTE: You must be willing/able to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA***

DATES

GROUP INVITES

TO APPLY YOU MUST

• Willing to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA

TO ENTER

WHO

Titleist Golf Ball R&D, Manufacturing, Product Management, Golf Ball Fitting and Marketing associates, each of whom play key roles in the golf ball development process.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

Behind-the-scenes tours, one-on-one sessions with golf ball experts, plenty of product testing, giveaways and more...

You’ll be expected to contribute to a live Titleist visit thread and possibly on social media as well…

GolfWRX will select members based on entries and inform them by PM. All Entrants will be picked by June 26.

APPLY BELOW TODAY!

​In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:

• ​What is your home city/state? - Saint Augustine, FL
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? - 9.6 index
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? - Taylor Made TP5. I like the balance of distance as well as feel and spin around the greens.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? - As an avid golfer and someone who works in the technology and engineering industry the science of golf has always intrigued me. I would love the opportunity to see this process and make new friends with similar interests.

What is your home city/state? Fairfield, CT

What is your current USGA Handicap? 13.1

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Callaway Chrome Soft; feel around the green is incredible especially off the putter, has never done me wrong off the tee box either

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? As a progressing golfer I would like to understand more about the effects of different types of balls and how they can be fitted properly to benefit my game. Honestly I don't know too much about different golf balls except what I can see and feel on the course, I would really like to understand more what kind of technology there is behind the balls I am buying.

THE EVENT

DATES

GROUP INVITES

TO APPLY YOU MUST

TO ENTER

WHO

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

APPLY BELOW TODAY!

OH I'M SO IN!!!!! I work in Boston!!!!!

*Plattsburgh NY (But work for an airline and I'm in Boston 5 days a week and fly for to Boston!!)

*2015 Pro V1/X

*I'd love to see the facilty, plus have a chance to find the correct ProV model for my game by Titleist professionals. Plus I just read that like 8 page article on the new ProV and the history, prototype testing, pro and am's input ect. Really a dream trip for a golf nerd, filled data and details.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

​What is your home city/state

Pittsburgh, PA

What is your current USGA Handicap?

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?

Titleist Pro V1x....I have always liked the soft feel of the Pro Vs

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? As a business teacher and lover of the game I think it would awesome to see how Titleist meshes their love for the game with the business/technology side of golf. Certainly there is a bit of a selfish component to my application, but what a cool opportunity!

Houston Texas

GHIN - 7.3

2017 Pro V1x because after testing it side by side the ProV1 it had better feel as well as gave me greater distance and numbers with my driver.

As a fan of all things titleist I would love to see the process as well as any fitting experience at the hand of titleist master fitters. Titleist makes a classic premium product in which I enjoy playing.

• What is your home city/state? Bellingham, MA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 8.3
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1x - After trying many different premium balls from Callaway and others I used the Pro V1 for a long time until I hit the Pro V1x. I really liked the trajectory I was getting with them, and I still had all the spin I needed around the green. With the Pro V1x I know what to expect on every shot.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would love to attend this experience because I have always been interested in learning more about the engineering and research that goes into creating the best golf equipment on the market. It would also be an out of this world experience to see exactly what goes into developing golf equipment, and meet some of the minds behind the design and execution of it. I feel that it would be incredible to get an inside look at one of the largest golf companies around, especially since they're really close by!

🏌️‍♂️ | Callaway Epic Max LS | Cobra Speedzone 5 Wood | Titleist TSI3 3H | Cobra Forged Tec | Cobra MIM Black | EVNROLL ER2B | Titleist Pro V1x | 🏌️‍♂️

• ​What is your home city/state? ORANGE COUNTY, CA
    • What is your current USGA Handicap? PLUS, BUT WHO WOULD EVER SAY THEY'RE A PLUS.... I'M A 0
    • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? 2017 PROV1, I'VE PLAYED THE PROV1X FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER. SWITCHED THIS YEAR!
    • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? AS STATED ABOVE, I'VE PLAYED THE PROV1X, FOR A LONG TIME! I SWITCHED TO GET MORE YARDS WITH MY IRONS. I'D LIKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HIT THE PRIOR GENERATION PROV1X VS THE NEW PROV1. I'D LIKE TO SEE SOLID DATA TO SUPPORT THE CHANGE THAT I FEEL HAS BEEN IN MY FAVOR. WOULD BE AN AWESOME TREAT AND MIGHT HELP OTHERS SWITCH AS WELL!! BRING BACK THE 2005 PROV1X...

​What is your home city/state? - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

What is your current USGA Handicap? 8

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? NXT Tour; love the fact the ball offers a low spin rate for added control and distance while maintaining shot-stopping ability. I find the durability is more reliable than most in its class.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Living in Canada we do not have the opportunity to get an up close look at where the greatest balls are designed, created and tested. Other than the commercials on the Golf Channel and the articles published in WRX, that's as close as it gets. To have an opportunity like this would change all that.

-Salt Lake City, Utah

-Pro-V1x

-Testing and numbers are my thing. I love that part of golf almost as much as anything. I love seeing if I can hit the Titleist Velocity as far or farther than the Pro-V1. Flat out, I love numbers and respect the quality and professional work Titleist puts into making their balls CONSISTENT. I WANT TO SEE THAT FIRST HAND! :) I can't wait to brag about it to my friends :)

• What is your home city/state? Torrance, CA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 9.2
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Callaway Chrome Soft, love the soft feel and distance.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I'm obsessed with the game and will take any advantage I can get to get better. Would love the opportunity to see how using a different ball can help improve my game.

Perryville, AR

Bridgestone B330s, when I first tried it performance and durability where both acceptable. I purchased a large quantity and haven't had a reason to change.

My location prohibits me from being able to get a quality fitting for all of my golf equipment. I'm able to get close the retailer in the area but I sometime wonder if their heart is really in the fitting. The ball is the only piece of equipment you use on every shot, so, it stands to reason that you would want that piece of equipment to be well suited for your game. What better place that the site of manufacture to answer that question?

Besides? Who wouldn't want to go see and do everything offer at Titleist?!

What is your home city/state? Minneapolis, MN

What is your current USGA Handicap? 4.5

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I'm actually kind of tinkering with different brands. I've been playing everything from the new Taylormades to Bridgestones to Vice(which were surprisingly great!) but when all else fails, I tend to fall back on Pro V's as I know what I'm getting. Which is pretty much as good as it gets!

Why would you like to attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Because Pro V1's are the benchmark. They're the ball that every other company wishes they had. They're the most used ball on tour week in and week out, and a chance to get to peek behind the curtain would be a once in a lifetime experience!

San Jose, California

Index 4.1

TaylorMade TP5X/Lethal because of the playability both off the tee and around the green.

I would truly like to experience such an event because I never have gotten to and would love to share in the increased knowledge to a Professional experiences first hand. I am a TaylorMade guy but have always been drawn to Titleist and their various offerings. I always told other players that if I had to make the switch to another golf company, it would be Titleist. With this experience, I would probably be convinced to make the switch to Team Titleist. Please oh please, Pick me. I love to share with others and also love to experience new things both through design advancements and technology. Thanks for the opportunity

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

​What is your home city/state? Columbus, MS

What is your current USGA Handicap? 15

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Nike RZN Tour Platinum. Soft feel and high spin.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? When Pro V1s first came out, I was all in. Playing on average six days a week with my handicap getting into the single digits. Then 9/11 happened. As a C17 pilot in the Air Force my life became very busy and had no time for golf as I was constantly flying in and out of war zones. Over the next decade I still found time to play when I could, always playing the Pro V1. When Nike joined the equipment scene, I started playing their clubs and balls. Currently playing the RZN Tour Plantinum. Although until recently only able to play a handfull of times a year.

I'm now retired from the Air Force and fly for Delta Air Lines. My life has stability again and my son has just been bitten by the golf bug. My desire and ability to play often has returned and I have a new fire in my belly. I have always loved Titleist. I play Vokey Wedges and have many SC putters. But now that my Nike balls are gone, it's time to return to my beginnings. Give me the opportunity to return to my roots. Thanks for this trip of a lifetime.

My answers to your questions:

​What is your home city/state? Kirkwood, MO

What is your current USGA Handicap? 12

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist ProV1X

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

Starting caddying at 10, you learn a lot about the game of golf, the character building it offers golfers and the hierarchy of products that compose the tools of the game. Titleist was always one of the respected and daughter after brands. (The hat I wore caddying was the only thing Titleist I owned at the time!)

Self taught and continually building to a consistent competitive level, the opportunity to visit the Titleist "proving grounds" R&D facility would be awe inspiring.

While currently entrusting my short game to titleist from SM6 to the lights out Scotty Cameron, I would be incredibly lucky to see how the Fit Titleist irons would stack up against Mizuno and how the latest Driver would give a Ping a run for it's spot in the bag.

Thanks for running such a great program and giving the people who love the game of golf such an opportunity.

Regards - TL

• What is your home city/state? Bangor, ME
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I'm not stuck to a particular ball I like to try all of the new balls each year.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would love to get a tour of the facilties and see some of what goes into making golf balls.

Ping G430 Max 10K UST Lin-Q Black 6f5
Ping G430 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping 3 iCrossover Tour 2.0 S 
Ping Blueprint S 5-W UST Dart V 120 F5
Ping S159 50S 54S UST Daet V 120 F5

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

• Fredericksburg Va 22408
    • Snell - quality, performance, and price point
    • I am always looking for ways to improve my game and am willing to use any brand that provides that improvement. I currently use all Titleist woods, wedges, and putter and would love the opportunity to compare the PROv1 and Prov1x to my current ball

Cheers, and thanks for the opportunity

Jeff

Driver Taylor Made Stealth 2 HD 10.5
Stealth 2 
Stealth 2 Hybrid 3, 4, 5 
Irons Mizuno JPX923 Hot metal
Wedges Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58
Putter Scotty Special Select Flowback 5
Ball Taylor Made Tour Response