APPLY: Titleist ProV1 Experience! Visit Titleist HQ with GolfWRX! Apply today!

• ​What is your home city/state? Conowingo, MD
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 1.1
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Really anything that's in the bag. Currently play Nike RZN Tour Platinum, but Taylormade and Titleist are always in the bag.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Just like it sounds, a one-of-a-kind experience. As an engineer it would be amazing to see the operations facilities where all this happens and to see what all goes into just making a little white ball that people hit all over the place.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO ENTER

• In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:
    • ​What is your home city/state? Selma, AL
    • What is your current USGA Handicap? 1.5
    • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Prov1X - feel and spin with some added distance.
    • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Easy, I love Titleist products and I love this game. Who wouldn't want to go and see how the #1 golf in ball is acheived.

Ottawa, Ontario but I will gladly drive down!

Cap - 4.4

Current ball 2016 ProV1

Titleist ball is the best ball I have ever played. Would love to see the changes from the 16 to 17 ball. Also curious if the V or V1X is the right ball for me.

Ping G Driver - 10.5 with Tour 65X
Ping G25 4 wood - 16.5 with AD-DI7S
TaylorMade RBZ 4 Tour Hybrid
Ping S55 4-PW with C-Taper Lite (silver dot)
Ping Gorge 52,56,60 with C-Taper Lite (silver dot)
Scotty Cameron Futura X 38"

• ​What is your home city/state? Denver, Colorado
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? +0.5
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1x but am actively testing balls right now. I began doing this on Monday this week. I play the ProV1x primarily because of consistency and short game control.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Who wouldn't?! I think it would be a great experience to see everything that goes into the balls produced by Titleist. Considering all of the recent competition in the market I would like to see first-hand why Titleist balls are the best. I've been questioning this myself very recently so there's no better way than to see it myself and be able to communicate why the ProV1 and ProV1x are the best balls in golf.

​What is your home city/state? Charlotte NC

What is your current USGA Handicap? 6.2

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1 2016 version due to the fact that it seems to be the perfect combination of spin around the greens and off of the driver. All of the courses in my state are switching to the new burmuda type grasses so approach shot trajectory, spin and control are becoming important again. These new greens are firm and actually require the golfer to use control to get the ball close to the hole. The ProV1 gives me this ability along with the confidence that it will perform the same on every shot.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would like to attend this experience for more reasons than I can count, but I will focus on a select few. First, I think you need a southerner on the trip to add some diversity as every group needs one person that says yes mam and yes sir. I have been a member here since 2007 and I can add a lot of feedback for how the ball needs to handle on the new burmuda greens. The PGA championship is in Charlotte this year and I think the game of golf is about to explode in my home state after this event. Lastly, I have a passion for golf and for technology in golf and would be honored to visit your facility. Thanks for the contest.

• ​What is your home city/state?

Cleveland, OH

• What is your current USGA Handicap?

• Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?

TM Tour Preferred X, I play these because I like the feel and that is really what I feel is most important

• Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

I'd love to be fitted to the correct ball for me and having a one of a kind trip would be something to tell my kids and grandkids about (I'm only 31 with a 3 year old and a 6 month old though). Having played ProV1x's in the past I would like to know why it is the number 1 ball in golf and I'd love to have my mind changed on the ball I play. And I'm sure the guys at my fire station would like some new balls so if I get this, I could pawn my TM balls off on them!

Dallas, TX

Titleist Pro V1

USGA Handicap: 8

The Titleist Pro V1 has been a staple in my bag since I began playing the game. I am an honest WRX'er and never have a problem testing new equipment, but no other ball has performed as well for me or made a long term appearance in my game. Being so loyal, a trip to see the facility that these are produced and meet the minds behind the product would be an amazing opportunity.

I have been a member of the WRX community for over ten years now and have gotten to witness the adventures of past trip goers. The comrodary and having the chance to meet fellow WRX'ers, potentially from across the country, sounds like a blast as well.

Thanks Titleist and WRX!

• ​What is your home city/state? Marietta, GA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 12.0
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1x 2017, Prov1 prior. Seems like the new 2017's I prefer the X's. Love the greenside control and spin.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Interested in the manufacturing process, and a ball fitting would be awesome.

WITB:
[indent=1][color=#000000]Driver: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9 - HZRDUS T110[/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#000000]3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Fubuki J 70[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif]° [/font]- Aldila Green X
Hybrid: Callaway Rogue[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif]° - [/font]
Irons: Titliest AP2 4-PW - KBS Tour C-Taper S
Wedges: Titliest SM6 50 Degree F Grind, Titliest SM6 54 Degree F Grind, Callaway 60 Degree PM Grind[/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#000000]Putter(s): Odyssey Exo Seven S 33 Inch
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft[/color][/indent]

​What is your home city/state? San Antonio, TX

What is your current USGA Handicap? 2.9

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Prov1x - same ball player for years. Like the way they perform.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? It would be a lot of fun to underhand more about the science of gold balls. I love Titleist equipment and world like to demo some of the best stuff.

• ​What is your home city/state? Syracuse, NY
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 8.8
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Chrome Soft under most conditions; feel, spin, solid distance. ZStarXV in the wind; wind performance, distance, decent spin. Pro V1 on occasion; good all around performance. I also put a number of different balls into play to see how they perform.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I love the technical aspects of golf; understanding how ball and club characteristics affect performance etc., so seeing this firsthand would be awesome. I have a scientific background so am pretty unbiased in my assessments, so actual results rule the day. I'd love to compare how different balls perform compared to what I use now. I also wouldn't mind being part of a GolfWRX team that gets bragging rights after beating the Titleist team on the course :)

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

​What is your home city/state?Allen Park,MI

What is your current USGA Handicap? 12

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Bridgestone B330S/Titleist ProV1. Used titleist then feel like something changed and I went to Bridgestone, it had to do with the feel around the green and the spin I was able to achieve.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would like to learn more about the titleist prov1 and what changed. I play a couple of titleist clubs and wedges and would find a behind the scenes look very interesting. Trying to find to find the end of the process of finding the right ball

Driver-Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Project X Evenflow White 65 X-Stiff
3W-Titleist TS3 15.75* w/Project X Evenflow white 65 X-Stiff
Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron w/KBS C-Taper 130X (bent to 17.5*)
4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MBw/KBS C-Taper 130X
Mizuno T7 52/09 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Mizuno T7 56/10 w/KBS C-Taper 130X soft stepped
Bridgestone Tour B X

• ​What is your home city/state? Wilmington, MA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 5.0
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?Snell MTB and Srixon Z Star for performance, price and quality.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I am interested in learning more about the brand, the products and the fitting process.

"Friendships born on the field of athletic strife are the real gold of competition.  Awards become corroded; friends gather no dust." -- Jesse Owens

WITB 2024 Edition

• Woods: :cobra-small: DarkSpeed X [10.5*, :kbs: TD LE 60; :cobra-small:  DarkSpeed LS [17.5*], TD Gloss 70; Iomic Evolution
  • Hybrid: :cobra-small: King Tec 2019 [19*], :kbs: PGH 85; Iomic Evolution
  • Irons & Wedges:  King Tour [4i & 5i], King CB [6i to Pw]; UST Mamiya Recoil 110; Iomic Evolution
  • Wedges: S23, 610; UST Mamiya Recoil 125 Prototype; Iomic Evolution
  • Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport-35 [24]; :garsen: Quad Tour NT TPE
  • Ball: :bridgestone-small: XS [22];
  • Notables: :cobra-small: -Vessel Tour stand bag; :ShotScope: Pro LX+ with H4; :Clicgear: 3.5+ w/Alphard Club Booster V2;

• What is your home city/state? Calgary, AB
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 7.x
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? 2016 Tour Preferred X because I got a smoking good deal on 15+ dozen of them for about $20CAD per box. I previously played the 2016 Pro V1X
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I'm crazy enough about golf that I would pay for a flight and car rental to come attend this amazing event. I've played quite a bit of Titleist gear(driver, 3W, 2h, wedges, Scotty, etc) and out of the 5 years I've been golfing, this is the only year I've played a non Titleist ball. I love to learn, and would leap at the chance to learn about golf balls from the company who sets the standard.

Titleist TSR3 8° Tensei Pro Orange 1K 60TX
Taylormade SIM Ti 5W 19° Tensei Pro White 70 TX
Taylormade SIM Tour Issue 19° 5W Diamana BF 80 TX
Mizuno JPX 921 Tours w/ Mitsubishi MMT TX125
Taylormade MG3 50.9/56.12 (TW)/60.11 (TW) w/ Mitsubishi MMT S125

Scotty Cameron Craftsman Squareback Proto 33.5"

• ​What is your home city/state? Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 8.5
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1x - The Pro V1 is too spinny for me and I like the flight of the X better.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I work with 2-shot and over molded injection molded parts everyday for an automobile company and it would be fascinating to see the technology used to make the #1 ball in golf!

• Glen Ridge, NJ

[*]What is your current USGA Handicap?

[*]Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?

• Kirkland Signature

[*]Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

• I've always wanted to get insight into the backbone of a golf equipment manufacturer, especially what goes into the testing and development of new products.

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

Thank you WRX and Titleist for this opportunity!

• ​What is your home city/state? Center Line, MI
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 18
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Callaway Chromesoft X - the combination of spin and feel currently works best with my setup.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I've always thought that Titleist golf balls are for premium players only. However, only recently have I begun to learn more about golf ball construction and technology. It'd be interesting to see what Titleist has to offer a mid-/high-handicapper like myself.

THE EVENT

From July 12-13, eight WRX members will gain exclusive access to Titleist and its world-class golf ball development facilities, all located within a 5-mile radius of each other in Greater New Bedford, Mass., where Titleist has been making golf balls since the 1930s.

This two-day experience will take you inside Titleist World Headquarters and Titleist Ball Plant 3, where you will meet the people and explore the technology that goes into making next generation Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls. You will spend an afternoon at Titleist’s Manchester Lane Test Facility, one of the game’s hidden gems, to see Titleist’s golf ball testing robots in action and conduct product testing of your own. And you'll get a behind-the-scenes tour of TItleist's custom ball operations (Plant C), where My Pro V1's come to life. (You can expect some on-course testing and friendly competition, as well. So pack your clubs!)

***NOTE: You must be willing/able to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA***

DATES

Wednesday, July 12th - Thursday, July 13th

GROUP INVITES

8 GolfWRX Community Members

TO APPLY YOU MUST

• Be a GolfWRX member in good standing
  • Willing to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA

TO ENTER

• In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:
    • What is your current USGA Handicap?
    • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?
    • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

WHO

Titleist Golf Ball R&D, Manufacturing, Product Management, Golf Ball Fitting and Marketing associates, each of whom play key roles in the golf ball development process.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

Behind-the-scenes tours, one-on-one sessions with golf ball experts, plenty of product testing, giveaways and more...

You’ll be expected to contribute to a live Titleist visit thread and possibly on social media as well…

HOW PARTICIPANTS ARE SELECTED

GolfWRX will select members based on entries and inform them by PM. All Entrants will be picked by June 26.

APPLY BELOW TODAY!

• What is your home city/state? Charlotte, NC
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 2
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist Pro V1 (converted this year from the X)
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Who wouldn't want to attend this experience? I am a Titleist guy through and through and woudl absolutely love to see such a site! Sounds like Christmas in July and GoflWRX i splaying the role of Santa. I just hope I can get some sleep :)

​What is your home city/state? Taunton, MA

What is your current USGA Handicap? 3.9

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1x & have recently begun mixing in some Srixon Z Star XV - played because of feel and performance

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I currently play Vokey wedges and Titleist woods/hybrids and for most of my life I have played ProV1x golf balls due to the unmatched feel and performance that the golf balls delivered. Though I have never been professionally fit for a golf ball, I have somewhat of an understanding of the technology behind why certain balls perform and feel the way that they do. In recent years, it seems as though other companies have begun to close the gap in the enormous market share that Titleist has built. I would love to see behind the scenes at technology that has historically made Titleist so successful in the ball market, and how they are continuing to evolve to stay ahead of the curve. Growing up and living my whole life just minutes from such an enormous facility, it has always seemed like a myth that the balls played by professionals across the country were made here. I've played many rounds at Acushnet River Valley, baseball games growing up at Pope Park, and you would never know that such an important facility is just hundreds of feet away on Manchester Lane. Being able to see the facility firsthand would be an amazing experience.

• ​What is your home city/state? Ulster, PA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 11.3
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Nike RZN Black/Platinum. Price point and leftovers.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? It would be a tremendous opportunity/honor to tour a facility like Titliest. When my limited supply of Nikes runs out i need to see which new PROV works for me with my AP'2's and Scotty putter.

• What is your home city/state? Mineola, NY
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 2.8
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I currently game Titleist ProV1x because I always thought that this was the best ball for me due to swing speed and loyalty to Titleist, but I have never actually gone through a ball fitting before.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would be interested to actually see which golf ball would be best for my game under a variety of conditions (full swing, short pitches, putting, etc.). I thtink that it could be really helpful for my game. Plus, I am a golf junkie and would love the chance to see how the sausage is made, so to speak for Titleist golf balls!

My answers are in bold below. Hope to see you there!

• ​What is your home city/state?Knoxville, TN
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 14
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist Pro V1.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would love to see how thing work at a place like Titleist and learn their thought process in designing their balls and equipment

• ​What is your home city/state? Leicester, MA (just over an hour away!)
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? don't have USGA index but rough estimate is 6
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro Vx- love the distance and feel, get the best spin and hold into the greens
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Being so close to the HQ of most prestigious brand in golf, I would love to visit the facility and dive into the R&D. We often have a short season in New England and I love that Titleist is still here and hasn't jumped to San Diego!

Fingers crossed. thanks

-Adam

• What is your home city/state? Marion, MA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 4.8
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Taylormade TP5X and Titleist ProV1X - helps me control my approach spin rates
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Having grown up caddying for Titleist leadership in the shadows of Manchester Lane and the Titleist ball plants but never having the means to explore it, this would be a once in a lifetime experience.

Titleist '23 T200 5-G / T350 4 Iron
Taylormade MG3 52 /56 & 60 TW

Taylormade SIM2 Ti 3 Wood Smoke Black

Taylormade Stealth+ 2 Driver Diamana ZF 60

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12.5

Titleist ProV1X Left Dash

Titleist Linkmaster

• What is your home city/state? New York, NY
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 7.7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Srixon Z-Star XV - gives me the best combination of distance and short game performance. Also excellent in the wind
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? - Titleist is the epitome of class and one of the best run companies in golf. This would be a tremendous opportunity to see R&D and their expertise first hand.

• Home State - Hoboken, NJ
  • USGA Handicap - I don't keep a handicap, but estimated to be between 10 and 12
  • Bridgestone B330S and ProV1X
  • Firstly, I think it is a great opportunity to meet some other WRX'ers as well as the good folks at Titleist. Being an engineer, I'd be keen to speak to the ball engineers to know what goes into making a ball and how minor changes affect ball performance. As well, I'd like to know what the future holds for golf ball design. Lastly, I know that the Titleist facility in MA must be absolutely amazing. I'd love to wander around there, taking in the history of the place and seeing all the clubs played by past pros. Plus, I wouldn't mind two days off work!

Thanks for the opportunity.

Dave

• What is your home city/state? White Plains, NY,
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 11
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Callaway Chrome Soft - Best flight off the tee & Control and consistent feeling strikes I've used. Previously used Titleist NXT tour, which I feel is similar, but did feel more "spinny".
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? It would be amazing to learn more about how balls are made and why they are the way they are (many types), and seeing it from Titleist would be incredible. I like to know how things work and has always helped me better understand what i'm doing, and do it better. I've been fitted twice and never left feeling like I learned anything technical about what I need and why. Who knows maybe i'm not using the right ball, how do you test for your preferred ball? Right now the ball is something that I have the least understanding in my game, closing that gap would be ideal.

In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:

• ​What is your home city/state? Charlotte, NC
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 10
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Callaway Chrome Soft
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I've been an avid Chrome Soft user since their inception, and would love to see how Titleist compared across the board with my game

• What is your home city/state? York, PA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 7.4
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1x - Great combination of feel and performance around the greens and with the driver.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist I am an R&D Engineer by trade so I would love to see what goes on in Titleist golf ball development!