APPLY: Titleist ProV1 Experience! Visit Titleist HQ with GolfWRX! Apply today!

In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:

• ​What is your home city/state?

College Point, NY

• What is your current USGA Handicap?

+1.5

• Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?

I have been going back and forth with the Prov-1 and TP5 Taylormade, trying to figure out which ball is best for me. I would love to know whats new about the Titleist balls besides the fact that they are just "new"

• Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

I would love to know what goes into making the ball, the how's and whys' certain things are done . Plus being able to experience a facility like this would be SICK!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montréal, QC (Canada)

11.6 - on Golf Canada.

Srixon Z star XV

Why ? Last year version are on sale for CAD29 a dozen. They perform relatively similar compared to other premiums balls. The feel is a little harsh compared to the ProV1 & ProV1x though, which will be an argument for a switch when I run out of supplies of last years dozens.

Since my Z star supplies are limited, I will be in the market for a new gamer relatively soon. Of course, starting the testing early would be beneficial for me.

For every aspect of my life, I have been fascinated by the behind the scenes : getting classes about the art of Lutherie to understand how guitars & violins were crafted. Learning how clubs are made from a club fitter.

As a result, seeing with my own eyes how the #1 golf ball is made is something I'd be thrilled to witness.

• ​What is your home city/state? Philadelphia, PA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? ~10
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Srixon Z Star XV. Good feel and durability for a premium ball. Also available cheaper that other premiums when deals available.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Formerly played Pro V and moved away. Would enjoy sampling the current offerings.

Taylormade M1 9.75* - Tensei White
Taylormade M4 Tour Issue HL 15.5* - Matrix Black Tie
Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 20* - Tensei Orange
Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-P - KBS Tour
Taylormade MG 50*, 55*, & 60 - KBS Tour
Odyssey 2Ball 10

Srixon Z-Star XV

• ​What is your home city/state? New York, NY
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 10.1
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist ProV1x (NXT Tour S, sometimes) Titleist makes the highest quality, highest performing, most reliable balls in golf. The number of tour players w/ alternate equipment contracts who still play Titleist balls speaks volumes about the product's superiority.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Have been a loyal Titleist player since I got rid of my junior set many years ago and could afford to buy a pair of used CBs off the trade-in rack at the local golf shop. While it would be personally fulfilling in many ways to visit the headquarters and learn from the staff, I think it'd be great to be able to share my experience / what I learned with the members at my home club (which is also a Titleist house). Personally I'm still not sure if I should be playing the V1 or V1x. I'd think many guys I play with don't know either, spreading that knowledge would be helpful.

Elgin, Illinois

USGA Hcp 6

ProV1 - However like most of us, I have been testing the Chrome X and the TM TP5 and 5x, last year I tested on my own the Snell ball and the Kirkland.

I would be most interested in seeing and understanding the quality assurance methods which are in place, as I have 20 plus year in custom injection molding background. I look forward to hearing from you soon

• ​What is your home city/state? Virginia Beach, VA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 10
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? MG C4, I use to play ProV1x's but found the MG seems to perform as well at half the price.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I'd like to know more about what Titleist does that other manufacturers don't do. What is the 50% discount I'm paying MG costing me? Is it costing me "cute" boxes and advertising, or is it costing me performance? I've asked myself this question but don't have the knowledge to answer it, so I would hope going would help me be better informed.

• ​What is your home city/state? Ithaca, NY
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 14
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? NXT Tours. It strikes a good balance of price and performance.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I've only just recently started getting into the custom fitting world of golf, and have not actually started experimenting with different balls. It would also be a great way for me to learn about how golf equipment is made, both from an engineering perspective as well as a business perspective. I've been using the ZM forged irons and use Titleist all the way till the Lob Wedge. Safe to say I love the company and its products!

• ​What is your home city/state? Hinesburg, VT
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 13.7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I play Snell My Tour Balls, Titleist NXT Tours, or ProV1s, depending on how well I'm hitting the ball that day. They both provide great feel and performance consistently, more consistent than my swing.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I've always been interested in golf product design, manufacturing, and testing, so seeing the facility at Titleist would be amazing to experience all at once!

• What is your home city/state? Atlanta, GA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 14
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?Srixon Z Star XV or ProV1. They are both great for the style of game I play. I love the short game.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I love Titleist, Every club in the bag is a Titleist club plus my favorite plaers are Spieth and Justin Thomas

• ​What is your home city/state? - Titusville, NJ
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 6.4
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Srixon and Callaway
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Titlest got me into golf and I remember playing the 975D drivers and the tour professional balls. I have tried the pro v1 balls but never knew which one was better for me. Having a peek behind the curtain and really seeing which ball fits me would be a dream come true.

• ​What is your home city/state? Everett, Massachusetts
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 19.6 index
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I currently play the Titleist Velocity for the added distance it provides.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would love to experience the Titleist facilities and would also like to get the details around their product development and strategy.

TSR3 Driver/Fairway/Hybrid

2023 T200 (4i - 48*) 

SM10 52F* & 56S*
Newport Select 1.5

-ProV1X

• What is your home city/state? Weston, CT
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist ProV1x. I have played this for many years, it had the mix of good distance, spin on shorter irons, and feel. Chrome soft is backup, which I do like a lot
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? As a passionate golfer who obsesses over the technical details, this is one of those dream come true, once in a lifetime opportunities. This is not something you can buy to experience. To see the scientific "method behind the madness" would be an amazing experience.

In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:

• ​What is your home city/state? Ashland, MA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 4.3
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1X (still have two dozen of last year's model)...slightly less spin than the ProV1
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I have played Titleist all my life and the ProV1x for the last decade or so. Given the major developments and changes with the most recent versions of the ProV1 & ProV1x, I am very intrigued about which is now the better fit for my game. There would be no better way to assess than to have the experts who created the ball help show me the way.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9* Tensei 1K White 70TX

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x; Diamana OG Whiteboard 73x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400 or SM10 60.04T

Putter: Toulon Garage San Diego/Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

• What is your home city/state? Chester Illinois
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 1
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Switch between the Pro v1x and Chrome soft x
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Because i love golf and who wouldn't want to have this much fun. I've been a golf Ho for 25 years and love the R and D side of the game and would love to see it first hand from the best in the industry.

• What is your home city/state? Fredericksburg, VA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 4.2
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? 2017 Pro V1 and Chrome Soft X
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I all reality the "fittings" offered in town are the ones that you swing a 7i and they set the rest of the clubs to that, I would love to learn the "right" way/science of a proper fitting from top of the bag to the ball...And definitely learn/experience the behind the scenes on what goes into building equipment...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

• ​What is your home city/state? - Morristown, NJ
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? - 6.7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? - Titleist ProV1x because the feel off the clubface and around the greens is fantastic.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? - I've always been a big fan of Titleist and their products. Everything they create is very straighforward, with no gimmicks or surprises. You know what you're getting and that is a high-quality product that meets your every standard. Everything they do works even at the highest levels of the game, and I would love the opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into creating some of the best products in golf.

• ​What is your home city/state? New York, NY
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 10.0
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1x, I have been a Titleist player since I started playing golf 5-years ago. I play this ball because I never have to second guess what the ball will do, and I believe Titleist equipment are the #1 performing products in the golf business.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I am very interested in the R&D process that goes into making the top golf ball on the PGA Tour. From a players prospective its dynamic to see how the use of technology can benefit a player, and how each line of product can be so different. I am a huge Titleist fan, work in Finance and play with only FootJoy & Titleist products. Would love the opportunity to join.

• What is your home city/state? Franklin TN
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 2.5
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Mostly Pro V1, but some Bridestone and Chrome Soft
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? In addition to being a golf addict, I am a real nerd/numbers geek - would love to see the science/stats behind the ProV1 and leave 100% convinced its the only ball for me.

THANKS!!

• ​What is your home city/state? Yakima, WA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 2.5
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1X. I love the way it checks up around the green and the sound it makes when putting. I know I don't have the swing speed for it, but it works for me.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Having grew up in NH, I've always wanted to visit the Titleist HQ. This would be an amazing experience to see how the balls I've been using for the past 10 years have been made.

Thanks!!

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b][i]Ping G400 - 9*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 17*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G400 - 19*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 22*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G30 - 25*[/i]
[i]TaylorMade P790 Custom Black Finish - 6-GW - Steel Fiber i95 shaft[/i]
[i]Cleveland RTX-4 - 54 and 58 [/i]
[i]Scotty Cameron "Joker" X5 34" with 20g Joker weights[/i][/b][/font]

• ​What is your home city/state? Seattle, WA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 5.4
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Prov1x - long, durable, and consistent
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? - to see how the golf ball is made, and the care that goes in to making the ball so consistent. Also would like to get fitted to see if there are ways to optimize my game

THE EVENT

From July 12-13, eight WRX members will gain exclusive access to Titleist and its world-class golf ball development facilities, all located within a 5-mile radius of each other in Greater New Bedford, Mass., where Titleist has been making golf balls since the 1930s.

This two-day experience will take you inside Titleist World Headquarters and Titleist Ball Plant 3, where you will meet the people and explore the technology that goes into making next generation Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls. You will spend an afternoon at Titleist’s Manchester Lane Test Facility, one of the game’s hidden gems, to see Titleist’s golf ball testing robots in action and conduct product testing of your own. And you'll get a behind-the-scenes tour of TItleist's custom ball operations (Plant C), where My Pro V1's come to life. (You can expect some on-course testing and friendly competition, as well. So pack your clubs!)

***NOTE: You must be willing/able to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA***

DATES

Wednesday, July 12th - Thursday, July 13th

GROUP INVITES

8 GolfWRX Community Members

TO APPLY YOU MUST

• Be a GolfWRX member in good standing
  • Willing to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA

TO ENTER

• In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:

WHO

Titleist Golf Ball R&D, Manufacturing, Product Management, Golf Ball Fitting and Marketing associates, each of whom play key roles in the golf ball development process.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

Behind-the-scenes tours, one-on-one sessions with golf ball experts, plenty of product testing, giveaways and more...

You’ll be expected to contribute to a live Titleist visit thread and possibly on social media as well…

HOW PARTICIPANTS ARE SELECTED

GolfWRX will select members based on entries and inform them by PM. All Entrants will be picked by June 26.

APPLY BELOW TODAY!

Live in New Jersey

Handicap is 13

Play ProV1 and sometimes ProV1X

Have been a Titleist player all my life and would like to see and write about the process behind creating America's single greatest sports brand

Thank you and hope to see you in Bedford.

What is your home city/state? Wausau, WI

What is your current USGA Handicap? 10.4

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1x, I like to play with one ball for consistency and ProV1x has provided the best distance with short game spin

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Seeing and learning about the inner workings of an operation with the magnitude and market share of Titleist would be amazing. There isn't much in the way of true fitting opportunities in central WI so most of what I do is through trial and error, gathering information off this forum and using as much of that information as possible to make better decisions/guesses. This would be a fantastic opportunity to gather more information and give back to this community that has helped me so much.

• ​Carmichael, CA
  • Don't have an official USGA handicap
  • Prov1x - played due to swing speed and natural high spin created by my swing. Volvik vidid XT - trying out because it's new and price point is ideal.
  • I am curious by nature and like seeing how things are made; touring the facility would satisfy my curiosity of how a golf ball is made. I also could use a nice little vacation and have airline miles/points I need to use before they expire. Also probably most importantly; I am a golf nut and this would be a bucket list item I never really thought about.

• What is your home city/state? Toronto, ON
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 7.6
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Srixon Z-star XV because they cut through wind and are pretty durable.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I've only ever done self fitting because there is no where to test. I would love to be professionally fit for Titleist golf ball because I've always enjoyed their feel!

• ​What is your home city/state?Apopka, Florida
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 8
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?I currently play the Taylormade TP5x because I gained more distance than my previous ball, Titleist Pro V1x.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would love to attend this experience because, first of all, I absolutely love going up to New England no matter what it is for, however, more importantly I would love this chance to improve my game and take it to the next level!

• ​What is your home city/state? Green Bay, WI
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 6.3
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?Srixon Z Star XV - Distance, feel, and control
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?The opportunity to see how the most played ball in the world is made, developed, and tested is a unique experience that very few people ever have the chance to see. The R&D behind each ball and how they differ fascinates me. Titleist and their products have stood the test of time - even in a rapidly changing industry - and to get a behind the scenes look at their operations and how they can help my game is incredibly exciting!

• What is your home city/state? Floral Park, NY
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 6.7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1x - The superior feel and quality of each ball. Never have to guess what it going to do, or how it is going to react.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I have heard great stories of the Titleist fitting center is Mass from some friends that are local PGA Pro's. To be lucky enough to get the chance to see "behind" the scenes and get a feel for a real ball fitting, it would be great.

• ​What is your home city/state? Sandy Springs, GA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 2.4
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Srixon Z-Star XV and Kirkland Signature. Have played Srixon because the ball provides a stronger outer layer than a ProV1 and doesn't scuff as easily. Along with the performance of the outer layer, the Srixon XV provides a good feel on wedge and driver shots.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I have never done any type of a proper ball fitting and would greatly enjoy looking at the Trackman statistics and finding the correct golf ball for my game based on real numbers and not 100% feel.

• Hoboken, NJ - I would 100% be able to provide my own transportation and make it to the event
  • I currently am playing the Taylormade tp5x. Historically, I have always played the prov1x. At the beginning of this year, my local golf pro gave me a couple dozen of the new taylormade tp5x and told me to try them out. I really liked the ball and seemed to pick up yardage so I've continued to play the ball. However, I have yet to try the new titliest balls and believe this would serve to be a great comparison.
  • I would like to attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist primarily because I am a total golf nut. In addition, I played D-I golf in college and can still play pretty respectably. I think I can really offer some great insight for this event as well due to my background as a fitter for PING over the summers during college. I have a strong understanding of the how the ball's characteristics effect the shot pattern and I would absolutely LOVE to learn more. This kind of stuff really excites me

Thank you for the opportunity GOLFwrx!!!