APPLY: Titleist ProV1 Experience! Visit Titleist HQ with GolfWRX! Apply today!

​What is your home city/state?

Colonia, NJ

What is your current USGA Handicap?

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?

Bridgestone b330 - I have mostly played provx but this year went with the b330 to save a bit of money. The balls are similar, but I could afford basically 5 extra sleeves per $100 spent.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

Have been a titleist loyalist most of my life. Have started to drift away -balls, driver, putter, bag. Maybe this would be the experience to make me go back to 100%. Also, as a major titleist fan, seeing the inner workings would be amazing. As a low handicap I think the reviews that I would write would well inform the members here and those seeking to read reviews.

Titleist Trip - New Bedford

Titleist TSi3 8* with Tensei AV Raw White 65X
Titleist 915 Fd 15 with diamana d+80X
Titleist 918H2 18* with Tensei CK White 90X
Titleist ap2 716 4-gw with Amt x100
Vokey sm9 54, 58 with Amt x100

Evnroll ER2

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

​What is your home city/state? Woburn, MA

What is your current USGA Handicap? 4

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist ProV1. I've tried other balls but the ProV1 gives me the best distance off the tee and spin around the green for my game.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I work in science based research and manufacturing. I would love the opportunity to see Titleist's manufacturing plant, Quality Control, and R&D labs.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Los Angeles, CA

2016 Pro-V1X, its the best distance/feel ball

I would love to see where and how the balls I play are made. I am curious of all the testing that goes into ball production and would love to see how Titleist makes the most consistent ball in golf. Ive heard so much about the NEW Pro-V1's and would love to try switch to them after I use up all the boxes of 2016 model I bought.

What is your home city/state?

Toronto, Canada

What is your current USGA Handicap?

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?

Trying to figure out between 2015 Pro V1, 2017 Pro V1 and 2017 Pro V1x but leaning toward 2017 Pro V1

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

Have been playing Titleists since I started with the DT and then to Tour Distance, Professional, NXT and Pro V series. I have tried other brands and models but always gravitate back to Titleist because they do what I want them to do. I am an "equipment junkie" and have always been fascinated by how things are conceived, developed and made, no matter what they are.

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

Titleist TS2 10.5*

Titleist 917F2 15*

Titleist 818H1 19*

Titleist 716 AP2 4-P

Vokey SM7’s: 50.12F, 56.14F, 60.08M

Odyssey Black Series 3

Round things with a bunch of dimples and scrapes

• ​What is your home city/state? Virginia
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 17
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist Velocity, used to be a big ProV1x fan but, as I've gotten older lost distance and gained a big fade.
  • The Velocity has helped with both problems and makes golf more enjoyable again.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Would love to see the facility and how everything is manufactured plus, it would just be an awesome experience.

So wish I could make that trip...Best of luck to those that can make the trip!

• What is your home city/state? Fate, TX
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 14
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist ProV1x because of the distance and feel. Nothing compares to Titleist Products!
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would love to attend because it's like a dream come true to visit the Titleist home of golf and see how everything's made!

• What is your home city/state? Ellicott City, MD
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 3.1
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Trying the TM TP5&TP5X. The feel of the ball is amazing and in wind the ball is great for me. It is giving my current gamer(Srixon Z-StarXV) a run for its money.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? This type of opportunity is something that the non tour player does not have access to. Being a member here gives us the chance at so many amazing chances. I have never tested premium golf balls on a monitor and would love to truly know what is best for me.

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Stealth+ 19* - Atmos Red 8X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

• What is your home city/state? North Kingstown RI
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 6.8
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titlesit Pro V1X - I have been using it for so long that I am so comfortable with it that I can't envision playing anything else.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I Would love to visit Manchester Lane. It has long been a bucket list item for me and to see the process of the balls being made would be outstanding!

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

Home town: Centerville, MN (Yeah, you'll probably have to google that)

USGA HCP: 6.4

Current golf ball: Pro V1 / TP5 / TP5x. I'm testing between these currently. I haven't found anything that gives the performance tee to green that these current balls do. I switch between them for the different action on the greens as some courses I play have hard and fast greens / fairways and the extra spin and control is fine, and other courses are softer and more receptive, and I don't want as much spin in those scenarios. I'd love the chance to see what ball is best, tee to green straight from the source itself!

Why do I want to go?? : I'm a golf junkie, and my biggest joy in life is understanding how and why things work. I guess that's part of ADD.. when something grabs your interest, there's no end to how much you want to learn and tinker, and with an engineering brain, there's pretty much no stopping it.. lol. On top of it all, it's the most popular, and the best golf ball in the game, and it'd be a privilege to be able to go behind the scenes to learn and know more about it all. I'm particularly interested in the testing methods, I think that looks awesome. Another huge reason I'd love to go: I don't think there's a job out there I'd love more than golf R&D, so at least let me see what these guys do, so I can live vicariously through them!

Finally, meeting other WRX'ers is always a joy. I golf with a few regularly, talk with several more offline, and would love the chance to spend time with some other guys who live and breathe all the same stuff I do. Thanks for the rare chance to do something this cool! A guy can dream!

• ​What is your home city/state? - Manti, UT
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 5.7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Prior Generation Pro V1x. I've tried many balls, but have never found one that works as well for me as this one. Great distance, good control around the greens, and not too much spin on full short irons.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I've never been to a research/development facility. What better one to go to than Titleist, the king of golf?! I'd love to see what goes into making the best ball in golf. And while I don't use Titleist clubs at this point, maybe it's worth another look after my experience with the Titleist balls.

Callaway Epic Max LS
Callaway Epic Speed Fairway
Callaway X Forged 21* UT
Callaway Apex 21, 5-AW
Callaway MD4, 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron, Squareback 2

​oh heck yes I'll get to MA for this!

What is your home city/state? Atlanta Georgia

What is your current USGA Handicap? Haven't renewed in a bit, 7.2ish last check

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? TP5X, best combination of distance, feel, and control I've ever played.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Why wouldn't I? It would be any golfers dream to have this kind of experience at titleist. I've seen golf clubs being made at ping, but I've never seen golf ball production.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

​What is your home city/state? Monroe, MI

What is your current USGA Handicap? 12

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist Prov1, usually refurbished:), Vice Pro. I have always felt most confident playing ProV1's. I love their feel and the ability to spin. I feel like I've always putt my best when using a ProV1. I feel like a piece of me dies every time I put one in the woods or in the drink. Unfortunately, I usually buy them slightly used, so I'm not playing with a completely stacked deck. I also play the Vice Pro golf ball. Although it's not as soft as the ProV1, I can personalize the golf balls and I enjoy the sight line on the golf ball.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Is the Pope Catholic? Heck yeah, it would be an unbelievable and once-in-a-lifetime experience!! It sets up perfectly for me...our son's tee-ball season ends the week before (I'm the coach), I'm on summer vacation (I'm a teacher), I have a lease and I need to use up some miles, and my wife could probably use a break from my snoring! Not to mention, Titleist is at the top of the mountain with all things golf-related. It would be a surreal experience!

Sounds like a really cool opportunity, I went to college and lived right near there in Dartmouth but never made it over.

• What is your home city/state? Wellington, Florida, but have friends/family in Boston to stay with (Burlington, MA).
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 4
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1 and TM Tour Preferred, I go back and fourth on these two as I find them very similar. I like the consistent penetrating ball flight and softness around the greens and off the putter. The X version seems a bit clicks to me, and I don't really care about extra distance or higher launch, more accuracy and consistent flight with irons and off the tee.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I think this would be an awesome opportunity I grew up not far and went to college right down the street and I think it would be really interesting to see the behind the scenes part of the industry. I'm also in the golf industry, connecting business owners and execs on the golf course so I think this would be a great opportunity to share my experience so when I'm asked to recommend a product I know what I'm talking about. Thanks for the consideration.

What an awesome opportunity. This is why GolfWRX is the best....

• ​What is your home city/state? - Brooklyn, New York
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 13
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I have been obsessed by the Titleist brand since I found my first Tour Balata in the trees at my local public track. It would be a dream come true to visit the World HQ and to get a behind the scenes look of where the "magic happens". To have the opportunity to be able to be a part of the testing process, the goes into developing the ball that tour and amateur players alike will play, would be a real privilege. To think, if the likes Speith, Stenson, Folwler or Scott go on to win a major with the ball I have tested, I could say I played a (tiny) part in their victory. More than anything though, this would be a great opportunity to meet seven other GolfWRX members.

WITB 2023

Titleist TSR3 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6x
Callaway Apex UT 17 Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7x
Sim 2 Rescue 19* Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 85X

TaylorMade P770 2017 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 120x
Titleist Vokey SM8 50*,54*,58*
Scoty Cameron Phantom X 9.5
Titleist Pro V 1 or TP5.

Titleist Linksmaster Club Bag

• ​What is your home city/state? Knoxville, TN
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 4.1
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1X - There is a lot of competition out there but I know where the X is going (usually).
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I am a life long Titleist fan and would love to go "behind the scenes". I am also really interested in the science behind golf ball research (nerd alert!).

• What is your home city/state? Basking Ridge, NJ
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 7.3
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1x, because it is better than anything else I've tried.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I am fascinated by all things engineering related, so to see the process up close would be a thrill. I am amazed at the science that goes into golf products these days and would be especially keen to learn not only what the future holds, but what has been tried that did NOT work as expected.

• ​What is your home city/state?...Hilton, New York
  • What is your current USGA Handicap?...6
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Srixon Xv...I have always like this ball in the wind and the new version has added more spin around the green. I also bought into the promotional pricing in the spring. This was a big change for me ( pricing), because I really don't concern myself with price, I just want the best equipment for my game. I still purchased 2 dozen of the new Prov 1 to test later this summer.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I have always found that you get want you pay for in life. You don't have to spend the most in order to play your best, just play what works best for you. I would like to experience what a true fitting can do for me. Can you show me why product X is better than Y...Thanks for the opportunity.

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

Oooooohhhh, Mass isn't a long drive from Montreal. I'm in!

What is your home city/state: Montreal , Canada

Current Index: 1.4

What ball you currently play: A mix, i don't have a current "ball". I have played Pro V's, Chrome Softs, TP5's, Zstars. In fact often in tournaments i don't know which ball i will use until i show up to the course and just pick one. I have every major brand in my box at home

Why would you like to attend this one of a kind experience: Because of the answer above to be honest. Even as a low index, i have never understood much about how ball selection will really benefit me on the course. I know they are different, but i just don't see this first hand in my day to day game and i don't have access to ball testing the same way i do to club testing. Why is a Pro V1 better for me than a Zstar for example? I have no idea. I shoot the same scores with both, or at least feel that i do. I would love to learn more about balls specifically.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Fairfax VA

8hc

Whatever is in the basement lol

This would be awesome to see the lifeline of a major company and where it all comes together and is pumped out. As a tinkerer myself it would be awesome to watch the pros go at it.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Thanks for this opportunity!!

• What is your home city/state? Wichita, KS
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 1.8
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Taylormade tour preferred X, really like the performance in the strong winds of Kansas
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Very curious to see what goes on behind the scenes for a top notch ball manufacture and learn more about your current ball offerings since i am playing Taylormade. Also would like to learn more about what ideas you guys have for the future.

Titliest 915D3 Diamana D+ White 70
Titliest 3W 915Fd 15*
Titliest Hybrid 915Hd 20.5*
Adams Pro hybrid 23* (2014)
Mizuno MP-69 irons 5-PW S300
Taylormade rac Wedges 52,56

• What is your home city/state? West Deptford, New Jersey
    • What is your current USGA Handicap? 16.6
    • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Srixon Q-star because I have tried Titleist balls in the past and have had mixed results. I would love the opportunity to try all their new offerings.
    • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? My game is very inconstant and I am sure a new ball would help with this issue. Also, as a true blue gear geek, getting a behind the scene look at Titleist would be a dream come true.

•  

Callaway BB B21 9*
Callaway XR 18* 
Titlesist 910h 21*
G10 28*
Ping G, 6 - U
Callaway PM Grind 56*
Scotty Golo 5
Cally Truvis / Srixon Z star

​What is your home city/state? Baltimore, md

What is your current USGA Handicap? 5.8

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? B330s, combination of distance and less spin off driver for me

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titliest? Just recently went away from Prov 1x as my preferred ball and would love to see science behind it and get fitted

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

​What is your home city/state? Marlborough MA

What is your current USGA Handicap? 8.5

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Bridgestone Tour B300 RXS - trying to stick with one model vs trying many others. Have also played Pro V1X in recent seasons

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Who wouldn't? Chance to see behind the scenes and talk with folks who are manufacturing the products that us golfers use is a great opportunity!

o What is your home city/state? Hoboken, NJ

o What is your current USGA Handicap? 5.1 GHIN

o Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist ProV1x; I play this ball for the superior performance, consistency, and feel from tee to green.

o Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would be very interested in seeing what all goes into the manufacturing process behind the #1 ball in golf. I have always been very interested in making the visit to the Manchester Lane Test Facility. I have always been a Titleist guy, and would make the most of this opportunity.

Amazing opportunity and dream trip for a Titleist fan like myself.

What is your home city/state? Calagry, Alberta Canada. More than willing to make the trip!

What is your current USGA Handicap? 5.6

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist 2017 Pro V1 from 2016 Pro V1x. Change was for lower ball flight. Always looking for lower spin off the driver as well.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? That's exactly it, a one-of-a-kind experience. Would be a total dream trip as a long time Titleist supporter.

• ​What is your home city/state? Minneapolis, MN

• What is your current USGA Handicap? .3

• Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist Pro V1x. Have played since TItleist came out with the Pro V1. Love the consistency, distance, ball flight, and durability of the Pro V1x. It produces a pure roll on the greens, can spin it as needed with pitches and approach shots, and can flight it as needed on long shorts, both high and low. Ball durability is big too given a higher swing speed and sometimes a hard wedge can rip the cover a bit.

• Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Have absolutely loved Pro V1 since it was released and would love to see how they are produced and get the full Titleist experience. First encounter with a Pro V1 was down in Alabama on spring break - I actually found one near a water hazard at dark and made my father play 3 holes in the dark just so I could try this new ball. Ever since then, all through high school, college, and for the years since, I have played TItlest Pro V1x. I love science and technology so being able to see how these are produced and the science/technologies that go into it would be beyond amazing. Would love to be able to share the experience as well with fellow WRX'ers and golfers. Am more than willing to get myself to the site and provide all my own transportation.

WITB
TaylorMade Tour Issue M5 9.0 Kuro Kage Dual Core 60TX
Taylormade Tour issue M4 15* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Taylormade Tour issue 2016 M2 18* 5 wood - Project X Hzrdus Black 95g 6.5
Mizuno MP 25 - 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S
Vokey SM7 50* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Vokey SM6 54* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Vokey SM7 60* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron 009
Titleist Pro V1x