APPLY: Titleist ProV1 Experience! Visit Titleist HQ with GolfWRX! Apply today!

• ​What is your home city/state? Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 2.6
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1x, perform the best and get them from club events. (Also play TPx because of a tour sponsored by TM)
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I've always wanted to see how balls are made and I'm a gear nut.

cheers,

Morgan

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• What is your home city/state? Charlotte NC
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 3
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Callaway Chrome soft, great feel off Driver and Putter
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would love to be part of something where I could learn and really understand what equipment fits my needs and puts me in a position to play better golf.

​What is your home city/state?

Bentonville, AR

What is your current USGA Handicap?

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?

TP5X because it plays better in the wind than my old ProV1X

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

I would love to see the process making ProV1's and to be fit correctly for a golf ball. Played some of the new Pro V1's this week and was very impressed.

SIM 10.5, Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
TS2 15, Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
818 H2 19, Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
718 AP3 4-5, PZ LZ 6.5
718 AP2 6-PW, PX LZ 6.5
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 
Odyssey 2 Ball 10S

What is your home city/state? Quebec City, Quebec

What is your current USGA Handicap?   5.9

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist pro v1X. It's predictable spin and flight make it my go to ball.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Because only a fool would pass up a chance to see the facility in the flesh!

Great contest.... pick me!!!!

Please pick me, pick me!!!

• ​home city/state: Endwell, NY
    • What is your current USGA Handicap: 11 (index=9.3, trending down) Broke 80 with a 79 for the first time at my new home Tillinghast course, Binghamton CC!
    • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why: Titleist ProV1X, because I believe and see that is is truly THE best golf ball on the planet. Most pros use it as well, and for very good reasons
    • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist: To see, smell, hear, feel where and how THE best golf balls on the planet are created. To truly realize the art and science behind these excellent products, and be able to share the stories with my golf comrades, so that they understand (agree) with my choice of ball.

New York, NY

Titleist 2017 ProV1 - I think the ability to hit any trajectory shot off the tee, from fairway, and around the greens. Works great in the wind too. Never have to think about a problem with my golf ball when playing it, I know it will always perform well.

I would like a one of a kind experience at Titleist because I run my own golf media website. It is called Life Over Par (lifeoverpar.com) and we represent the golf world in New York City. We have launched the site in the last 4 months from scratch. We cover everything from Tour news to course reviews, original content and podcasting. We also would like to get in to equipment testing and review and this would be an excellent way to do that.

I am an absolute gear head (and Team Titleist member) and would love to take part in this opportunity.

​What is your home city/state? Portland, Oregon

What is your current USGA Handicap? 3.1

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? 2017 Pro-V1. Have always loved the feel of the Pro-V1 for putting and chipping. That aspect is very important to me. More important than any specific ballflight or spin numbers as I don't believe I am good enough or consistent enough to benefit from the actual differences between balls, even vs the Pro-V1X

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I play Titleist irons, wedges and balls (driver too if you include a Cobra driver from when Titleist owned them ?). Would love to understand if I am truly using the right clubs for my game. And to work with Titleist folks to understand how I should be selecting clubs in the future. I got a chance to be fit for my SM 6 wedges and it was a great experience. Would love to extend it to my entire bag and a the same time get a peek "behind the curtains" so to speak to see how all this equipment is made and tested

Thanks for the opportunity!

David

Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
Cobra ZL 10.5 driver (Matrix HD6 s-flex)  Titleist TSR2 18* fairway wood (Matrix Code-8 s-flex)   Adams A2P 20* hybrid (Rombax 8D07HB s-flex)
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW (Apex 4 soft-stepped)    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60 (DG S200)
Odyssey ProType 9 putter

THE EVENT

From July 12-13, eight WRX members will gain exclusive access to Titleist and its world-class golf ball development facilities, all located within a 5-mile radius of each other in Greater New Bedford, Mass., where Titleist has been making golf balls since the 1930s.

This two-day experience will take you inside Titleist World Headquarters and Titleist Ball Plant 3, where you will meet the people and explore the technology that goes into making next generation Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls. You will spend an afternoon at Titleist’s Manchester Lane Test Facility, one of the game’s hidden gems, to see Titleist’s golf ball testing robots in action and conduct product testing of your own. And you'll get a behind-the-scenes tour of TItleist's custom ball operations (Plant C), where My Pro V1's come to life. (You can expect some on-course testing and friendly competition, as well. So pack your clubs!)

***NOTE: You must be willing/able to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA***

DATES

Wednesday, July 12th - Thursday, July 13th

GROUP INVITES

8 GolfWRX Community Members

TO APPLY YOU MUST

• Be a GolfWRX member in good standing
  • Willing to drive / provide own transportation (round trip) to our host hotel in New Bedford, MA

TO ENTER

• In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:
    • ​What is your home city/state?
    • What is your current USGA Handicap?
    • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?
    • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

WHO

Titleist Golf Ball R&D, Manufacturing, Product Management, Golf Ball Fitting and Marketing associates, each of whom play key roles in the golf ball development process.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT

Behind-the-scenes tours, one-on-one sessions with golf ball experts, plenty of product testing, giveaways and more...

You’ll be expected to contribute to a live Titleist visit thread and possibly on social media as well…

HOW PARTICIPANTS ARE SELECTED

GolfWRX will select members based on entries and inform them by PM. All Entrants will be picked by June 26.

APPLY BELOW TODAY!

What is your home city/state? Houston, Texas

• What is your current USGA Handicap? 18
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Snell Tour
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Just came back to the game after almost 15 months off. Just totally fell out of love with the game after almost 50 years of caddying and playing. Just trying to find my way back. Need to get the technology onside so I can have confidence that any errors are totally operator caused.

• ​What is your home city/state? Strongsville, OH
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 14
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I did a Bridgestone fitting and was fit into the B330 RX.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? It would be an awesome experience! Also, I would like to be fit for a Titleist ball - never had the opportunity, I feel like I go back and forth on balls

Ping G25 10.5*
Ping G25 16.5*
Ping G25 20*
Titleist AP1 712 4-GW
Titleist SM5 56S and SM2 60/10
Bettinardi C01

• What is your home city/state? Baltimore, MD
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 10.0
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Srixon Z-STAR XV, the ball plays well and I got a good deal on it at the beginning of the season
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I have always been interested in the making of equipment. Reading the beginning of the Titleist golf ball was fun and also very interesting using an X-ray for sports equipment to prove an anecdotal truth that golf balls are not even made the same in the same sleeve.

• ​What is your home city/state? Ottawa, Ontario
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 2
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1, best ball ever made! Durability and feel are second to none!
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? My entire bag is all Titleist. I would love the opportunity to learn more about Titleist technology, this is the ultimate experience for a Titleist player like me!

• What is your home city/state? - Kalamazoo, Michigan
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? - 6.0
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? - Titleist ProV1: It gives me confidence that I am not sacrificing distance or control.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? - I work in new product development and would love to see the inner working of the development of the best golf balls in the world!

- What is your home city/state: New Rochelle, NY

- What is your current USGA Handicap? 9.1

- Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Nike RZN Tour Black b/c - great feel, good distance and nice around the greens (running low now given they no longer make them)

- Why would you like to attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? B/c its an incredibly unique opportunity to see how the balls are designed and made, and to hit a few as well.

• What is your home city/state? Collinsville, CT
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 10.1
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Callaway Chromesoft 2016 - In the last few seasons the CS preformed better for me than anything else that I tried.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? As a lifetime student of the game, I am constantly looking for experiences that provide more insight and knowledge into the workings of golf, and visiting one of the premier golf production facilities in the world would truly be a once in a lifetime experience.

In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:

• ​What is your home city/state? Summit, NJ
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 8
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Bridgestone e7
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I have been struggling for a long time trying to minimize the amount of spin I put on the ball. I recently had a professional club fitting and one of the key takeaways was I create too much backspin especially for woods and long irons which results in lost yardage on drives and wreaks havoc in windy conditions. However, for shorter clubs I need spin to maintain control in approach shots. I am a bit of a gear junkie and love to learn about the new technology that goes into club heads and shafts. I think that having the opportunity to come visit with the Titelist team in New Bedford would be a fantastic opportunity to learn about the technology behind the ProV1 family of balls and how they could help improve my game.

What is your home city/state? Fredericksburg, Virginia

What is your current USGA Handicap? 0.8

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? A little of everything depending on what the pro shops have when I need to use up a tournament certificate. To include: Callaway chrome soft (not really a fan), Pro-V1x, Srixon XV

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Would love the ability to truele test and compare the numbers between balls to understand what the right ball is for my swing!

Thanks!

[size=3][color=#a9a9a9][b]Titleist: [/b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]915 D3 [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- Diamana White 70x[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]TaylorMade: [/b]M2 15* - Fujikura Pro 73x [/font][/color]
[color=#a9a9a9][b]Ping: [/b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]G25 17* & 21* Hybrids - Tour X[/font]
[b]Titleist: [/b][/color][color=#A9A9A9][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]716 AP2 - 4-PW - Dynamic Gold TI AMT S400[/font][/color]
[color=#a9a9a9][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]Titleist[/b] Vokey: SM6 50F, 56S, 62* - DG TI S400 [/font][/color]
[color=#a9a9a9][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]TaylorMade: [/b]DJ Spider Tour Black[/font][/color][/size]

What is your home city/state? New Ipswich, New Hampshire

What is your current USGA Handicap? 10.6

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I currently play Callaway Chrome Soft X. I really like the feel of the ball off the club face. They are soft and the ball doesn't seem to sacrifice any distance. The only complaint is that even though the 'X' ball is supposed to have more spin, they are still not as good around the greens as the Pro V1 's. I think the feel of the ball is a little more important to me than spin though.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I am a golf enthusiast and I live within an hour or so of the Titleist plant. I have not experienced anything like going to the manufacturer before. I think it would be amazing to be able to test some of the equipment and give feedback to the company. I was fit earlier this year for a 917 D3 driver and I think it would be great to test any of the clubs and balls available. I am one that is not stuck on one type of club or ball, and I try new things on a regular basis to try and improve my game. Going to the test facility would be an incredible experience! I would love to report back on GolfWRX on the experience and tell about what we did while there!

• What is your home city/state? Brooklyn, NY
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 19
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist NXT Tour S Yellow - I like the feel for the price and the yellow helps the pace of play ; )
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? The Manchester Lane Test Facility is like my Wonka Chocolate Factory. I use the product but I'd like to see how and why and especially what may be next. The experience would help me to be more advised and even dispel my golf dos-and-don'ts.

[img]http://brashandcrass.com/images/golfTitleistLogo.png[/img] 9.5° 915D3
[img]http://brashandcrass.com/images/golfKunnanLogo.png[/img] 15° BIO_TECH
[img]http://brashandcrass.com/images/golfTitleistLogo.png[/img] 3-9 AP2 (2008)
[img]http://brashandcrass.com/images/golfEdelLogo.png[/img] 47°, 52°, 56°, and 60°
[img]http://brashandcrass.com/images/golfCameronLogo.png[/img] SC Newport II [img]http://brashandcrass.com/images/golfCircleTLogo_12px.png[/img]

​What is your home city/state?

West Yarmouth, MA

What is your current USGA Handicap?

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?

ProV1x, it suits my game best.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

The sheer awesomeness of visiting the epicenter of golf-balldom, meeting the folks at Titelist, trying some of the best equipment in the game. It would be both fun and an eye-opening learning experience. Thank you in advance for this opportunity ✌️

[b]Driver:[/b] TM R9 SuperTri
[b]Fairway Wood[/b]: TM RBZ Stage-2 3 wood
[b]Fairway Wood[/b]: Cleveland HiBore 5 wood
[b]Driving Iron: [/b]Mizuno T-zoid forged Fli-Hi #4
[b]Irons: [/b]Tourstage Z-101
[b]Wedges: [/b]Cleveland 588 forged tour issue RTX RTG 52, 56
[b]Putter: [/b]Never Compromise Dinero - Tycoon

Home location: Detroit, Michigan

USGA Handicap: 16

Current ball: Everything (All ball types, brands, colors, etc). I personally believe, as amateurs, there are so many variables constantly changing in our swings, the golf ball is the least of our worries.

Reason to attend: I would love the opportunity to be proven wrong. I do take my game seriously and have invested in lessons for quite some time (years). But when it comes to the golf ball, it is a value proposition. Is spending $60 per 12 worth it ? I'm going to lose at least 6 balls during my 4 hour round. And will spending the $60 help me achieve a statistically different score than if I was playing a rock. I need answers to these big questions of the universe.

• What is your home city/state? Gonzales Louisiana
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 16.3
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? VICE Pro+....I get better performance over the Bridgestone balls I was playing.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Because it is a once in a life time experience. I have a hard time judging how a ball performs on the range, need to play the ball for a few rounds. Just this year I have added a Titleist wedge and fairway wood to my bag.

​What is your home city/state? Plano, TX

What is your current USGA Handicap? 10

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1. good distance, spin and flight control.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I have done several different fittings for clubs, including a putter fitting at the Scotty Cameron studio, and have learned something at each which has made me a better player.

• What is your home city/state? - Topeka, KS
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? - 7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? - ProV1 most of the time, Chrome Soft in the fall. Both react very similar for me, but the feel of the Chromes is a little softer to me, so I play them when the weather gets a bit colder and I need a bit more spin on the firmer greens.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? - I grew up playing Titleist (still have my Tour Model blades from 1990) and have always loved the brand. Would love a chance to go through this experience and see the facilities. Would truly be something to always look back on. Plus I have been all over the US but never visited the northeast!

Thanks to Golfwrx and Titleist for the opportunity!

• ​What is your home city/state? Fayetteville/PA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 25.6
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why Wilson SmartCore -- Consistency, accuracy, and spin on pitch shots are all important to me. My game has suffered recently due to health issues, but improving -- perhaps using ProV1s will help.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would appreciate the opportunity for meeting and interacting with the professionals who achieve excellence with the Titleist golf ball.

What is your home city/state? - Taunton, MA

What is your current USGA Handicap? - 9

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? - Any top tier urethane ball. Currently have ProV1's, Chrome Soft, and Kirkland Signature in the bag. Prefer the overall performance and feel of urethane.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? - I love golf, period. To get a behind-the-scenes look at one of golf's biggest brand's manufacturing and testing facilities would be unbelievable!

First i would like to thanks Titleist and GolfWRX for the opportunity!!!

• ​What is your home city/state? Boonville, NC
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 11.7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Between Callaway Chrome Soft X and Taylormade TP5x. Love the feel and flight of each ball. Both are super long. Right now TP5x is winning due to durability.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I am a Titleist iron, driver, wedge, and putter player. Love all the equipment and attention to detail. Titleist always makes premium quality equipment. the new 917 D3 is just an amazing driver. By far the most forgiving and longest Titleist driver ever!!!

• What is your home city/state? Columbus, NJ
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 10.3 index
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist ProV1 or Bridgestone B330RXS. Recently giving Vice and Snell a trial run.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Like any golf nut would tell you, this would be an incredible experience. I would love to spend time with ball testing robots. I could spend hours with that thing comparing balls across different conditions. How far does a Pro V1 go with a 100mph swing speed with face and path zero's out. What about a bridgestone? What happens when AOA is down 3? What about up 5? What happens when there is 3 degrees difference between face and path? What about 4? What about 1? What if the wind is blowing into us? Downwind? Cross wind? etc... etc... etc... etc... If I had a robot I would be out there all day getting empirical evidence on actual performance.