APPLY: Titleist ProV1 Experience! Visit Titleist HQ with GolfWRX! Apply today!

What is your home city/state?

Tulsa, OK

What is your current USGA Handicap?

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?

ProV1X as i feel they perform the best in the strong Oklahoma wind.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

To be able to see how the pudding is made. To witness arguable the best ball in golf be made would be fascinating. It would be so cool to be able to work with a Golf ball expert and get the "Pro" experience. Plus to tour a facility like that would make all of my friends very jealous.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your home city/state?: Groton, Connecticut

What is your current USGA Handicap?: 2.9

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?: Titleist Prov1 or Chrome soft. Spin and accuracy on both are very controllable and feel very confident playing them.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?: I would love to have a personal fitting with professional at Titleist. Played the ball since a beginner and the feeling from there drivers are amazing. Top quality year by year. Also its just a hop skip and a jump from where I live. Who wouldn't want this opportunity.

Titleist Ts4 9.5* Accra TZ6 M5
Ping G400 5w Motore Speeder VC 7.3x
Mizuno HMB 3 Nippon 120x

Mizuno MP20 4-P Nippon 120x
Cleveland Zipcore 52, 56 Ti S400

Cleveland Rtx 4 60-03 Ti S400
Ping Heppler ZB3
ProV1

• ​What is your home city/state? Atlanta, GA
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? +0.3
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist Pro V1x - I have been a loyal Titleist player since the Professional 100 days.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I have always loved the Titleist brand, the balls and the clubs (which I play). I laugh at how every new ball that comes out is "Juts a good as a Titleist". Why play something "just as good" when you can play the real thing!? I would love to better understand the R&D that goes behind making the best ball in the game we all love.

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM10 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Odyssey Triple T 

• ​What is your home city/state? Syracuse, NY,
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 6.7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1x, TM TPX5 both balls perform similar and I know what to expect from them in different conditions. Hitting and holding greens is a must and confidence plays a big role in scoring well
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I am a geek when it comes to equipment. I like learning how things work from the inside out from the best of the best.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

• What is your home city/state? Chicago, IL
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 2
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Tour Preferred X - I like the combo of spin and feel...and price. Also play Pro V1x - love the feel.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I've never been fit for a golf ball, but I love the science behind fitting (engineer by degree, but no longer practicing). I was especially intrigued by an article with Jason Dufner a few years ago when he talked about the detail he goes through when evaluating which ball to play - not just spin on driver, irons, wedges, but down to the detail of how the ball responded on different shots near the green. It was very interesting to me and I would love to go through a similar process and hear from the fitters on how the tour guys think through their decision.

• What is your home city/state? Pennington, NJ
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 10
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist NXT Tour S/Prov1x - I have been a NXT Tour s fan and user for years and just recently mixed in another ball to try and see whats different. As for the NXT's price and feel have been the two big factors. The Pro1x gets used as well and love them when I can but price per ball is just too high to justify buying as consistently as I do
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist: To be select in itself would be a great honor not just to get the very rare behind the scenes look and drool over all the information, technology and hard work that gets overlooked to deliver the top of the line products. Being in an Industry outside of Golf but one that has a massive operation, would be an amazing experience to see how constant innovation and forward thinking with seeing the hard work behind it is rewarding to see. As well as a chance to say thank you in person for those efforts. The people that deliver the product with their high standards work hard to make our hobby that much better. As for personal reasons why this visit would be a dream come true would be it's very rare and expensive to have such an opportunity to talk with such a company like Titleist and see what products works and why it works for me first hand. You just don't get access to this everyday especially at this level of exposure. Let's not forget the facility. Who wouldn't want to see it?

Titleist 910D3*
TMAG R11s 14* 3W
Titleist 910F 19*
Mizuno MP64 4-PW
Nike Method Matter B2-01

What is your home city/state? Ventura, CA

What is your current USGA Handicap? 9.1

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I would love to see the process and get insight into how the leading ball manufacturer does business. I am a business analyst and these things interest me. Of course above all I want the experience as well!!

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
OG M2 16.5* Speeder 757s

OG Apex 18* KK 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0 

Awesome!

1. Holyoke, Massachusetts
  2. 13.2
  3. I currently play pretty much whatever balls I've found at the course
  4. I've never given much thought or value to what ball I play. I've recently started thinking about finding a ball that actually complements my game and play it regularly. This experience seems like an awesome way to start that process.

Thanks for the opportunity

• ​What is your home city/state? Shelton, CT
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 6.4
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I play the ProV1x. Since I started playing as a kid, the Tour 100 and then the ProV were the top-of-the-line, so when I could afford to buy balls, I never considered anything else. I play the "x" because I've found it to be more durable.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist I've never really tested golf balls before. I would love to know if I'm actually playing the right ball for me and how different models compare. Separately, I would enjoy seeing how the balls are actually made and tested. I think we all get spoiled by products being available, without understanding just how much effort goes into creating them. Also, golf on a weekday.

Seems like an awesome time, fingers crossed.

• ​What is your home city/state : East Haven, Connecticut
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 4.9
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I have been playing the current model Pro V1. I was fit by Bridgestone and had a good reputation with the rep and after going through their fitting the rep actually recommended me the Pro V1X as it fit my measurables best.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I think it would be a unique chance to get to see some of the inner workings at Titleist which plays to a gear head like myself. It is also fairly close to where I live so travel won't be an issue and I would cherish the opportunity to get to meet some of the other WRX members.

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

• What is your home city/state? Memphis, TN (currently Nashville)
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 3.8, but GHIN account currently inactive
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1x, best spin control around greens, can get those 30-60 yard pitches to grab a lot harder than with other balls
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I don't post here often, but I'm a huge golf numbers nerd and just love generally understanding how stuff works. True Temper's testing facility in Memphis is at a course I've played a few times and every time I'm there I beg to get to check it out (so far no luck) just to see what the process is like and everything. Particularly with golfballs, I've looked for videos of how they're made several times and am never satisfied with what I find. I think I could finally sate that desire if I could see it in person and ask questions.

o What is your home city/state?
McDonough, GA

o What is your current USGA Handicap?

o Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?
ProV1x, I play it because it spins less off the driver and seems to be longer than any other ball I’ve tried

o Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?
I guess any Titleist nerd would like a chance to see what most folks have never seen, can’t think of a better way to use a few vacation days on this trip of a lifetime!

​Thanks for the opportunity!

I live in New York, New York with a 6 handicap.I have been playing the NXT in windy conditions and the Pro V1X when I need a little more spin. I have experimented with others based on price point and word of mouth and return to these 2 balls for serous rounds. With 110 driver speed I would like to find the right ball for all conditions and optimized to my game. Never had a ball fitting, I play the 716 TMB irons 3-PW, SM6 wedges and a scotty cameron putter based on trial and error and love my setup. I am interested in this trip from a golf perspective and a business perspective as I like the fact that it is a made in the Northeast USA product with a rich heritage and tradition behind it, part of the reason I continue to support the golf ball and brand. I grew up on Titleist, it feels like part of the family.

​What is your home city/state? Green Bay, WI

What is your current USGA Handicap? 6

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1x. Always been the go to...experimented with Taylormade models over the years, but the ProV1x always feels like home.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I love all things "behind the scenes". Very intrigued by tour vans and the custom fitting that takes place on them. Plan to visit Scotty Cameron's custom shop in the near future. Really enjoyed the "From Prototype to Pro V1" article Titleist recently sent out, and would love to see the experts put the number one ball in golf through its paces.

​What is your home city/state? Anchorage AK

What is your current USGA Handicap? 15

Bridgestone tour B330, I was fitted for them and they provided the best balance of spin around the greens and driver accuracy off the tee for my swing

It's one of the holy sites of golf, and I'd like to have their pros put their balls against the Bridgestone and see if it can keep up!

​What is your home city/state? Anchorage AK

What is your current USGA Handicap? 15

Bridgestone tour B330, I was fitted for them and they provided the best balance of spin around the greens and driver accuracy off the tee for my swing

It's one of the holy sites of golf, and I'd like to have their pros put their balls against the Bridgestone and see if it can keep up!

• ​What is your home city/state? - Columbus, OH
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 2.9
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? ProV1x - never have found a better combination of distance, feel, and spin for my game than the ProV1x.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? - I've got a background in manufacturing, primarily in soft goods though. I'd love to see the blend of chemistry and manufacturing that takes place with such tight tolerances to create such on seamless, controlled product.

Love this idea from Titleist and WRX. Thanks for continuing to bring things like this to us as users.

• What is your home city/state? Cleveland, Ohio
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 17
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Z-Star or Taylormade Lethal
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I love using Titleist and following the company's innovation mixed with my love of golf this experience would be a significant opportunity to combine the two. Bucketlist item and experience I would truly enjoy.

Driver: Nike Vapor Fly Pro - 9.5* DiamanaBlueboard Stiff
3W: Cleveland Launcher AVS
H: Adams Pro a12 20* Kuro Kage
4-PW - Srixon I-701s DG S300
Scratch 8620 S/S
Odyssey Black I Series 9

• ​What is your home city/state? Nashville, TN

• What is your current USGA Handicap? 0.6

• Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? either the 2013 or 2007 model of the ProV1x, best greenside control balls they've ever made

• Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? As you'll see from my signature, I somewhat favor Titleist :) - I've been playing the ProV1x since 2004 and always wanted to know why it seems like each model has significant changes each time there's a new release and what the process is like when they go to improve each offering.

Former Tour Caddie - Perpetual Opinionator

Titleist 917 10.5*
Titleist 915 15*
Titleist 913 18*
Titleist 690.MB 3-PW
Vokey 53, 59
Odessey #7 Black - Gel Face

• What is your home city/state? Cape Girardeau, Missouri
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 9.7
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? 2017 ProV1. Love the new ProV1. Distance of the previous gen ProV1x but with the softness on the greens we've come to expect from the ProV1
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I am a loyal ProV1 player and patent attorney and love the lengths that Titleist goes to protect its IP. If only all of my clients were that way!

Titleist TS2 driver & 3 wood
PXG 0317 hybrid
Srixon ZX5 irons
Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 60S wedges
Scotty Cameron 009 Circle T putter

• ​What is your home city/state? Olive Branch, MS
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 8.8
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? My go-to is the ProV1X for the consistency, distance, green side control, and putter feel. Off-season, or in soft/wet conditions, I play the Vice Tour ball.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? This experience would be the ultimate fulfillment of my fascination with golf, engineering, and manufacturing. And, I really want to brag to my group for the next year about how awesome it is was! :pimp:

PING G410 LST 10.5*, Tour 65 S
PING G410 14.5, Alta CB 75 S
PING G400 17.5, Alta CB 75 S
Callaway 2021 Apex, 4-P, True Temper Elevate 95 S
Vokey SM 8 Tour Chrome 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M
Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten 10 S
Titleist 2021 ProV1
PING 4 Series Mascot LTD 

In a post below, include your answers to the following questions:

• ​What is your home city/state? Washington, DC
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 1.0
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Pro V1 - for trajectory and spin control.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I'm a Golf Geek! I'd love to see what goes into the ball that goes into my game!

• What is your home city/state?
  • What is your current USGA Handicap?
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why?
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist?

Connecticut

Titleist Pro V1 for the spin and feel

I am a golf enthusiast who would love this exclusive experience. I want the best performing golf ball for my game and this is a chance to see how it all gets done.

​What is your home city/state? Mercer Island, WA

What is your current USGA Handicap? 20.2 ghin

Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? I have not settled on a ball make and model.

Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? Titleist is the #1 ball in golf. I've never understood why there is some brand bashing just because of pricing based on market demand. It would be cool to see the best intellectual capital invested in the golf ball, the engineering, the manufacturing and the control from beginning to end.......as well as to figure out the best ball from my developing swing.

What is your home city/state? Clifton Park, NY

• What is your current USGA Handicap?1.4
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Srixon Z-Star XV or Taylormade TP
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist? I have never been truly fit to a golf ball, that process I feel could really benefit my game. I would love to see behind the scenes of a golf ball making process, and why Titlesit is considered the Number 1 Ball in Golf!

• What is your home city/state? Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
  • What is your current USGA Handicap? 10.4 Index
  • Which golf ball(s) do you currently play, and why? Titleist ProV1 and Bridgestone B330-RSX. Prefer urethane cover feel & spin for short-game play; also, consistency off longer clubs.
  • Why would you like attend this one-of-a-kind experience at Titleist ? I am a chemical engineer by education, and this would be a fascinating experience to see & relate to friends about how premium golf balls are developed & manufactured. It would also be interesting to learn what separates Titleist from others & why they are so widely acknowledged as the leader in premium golf ball markets.

​What is your home city/state?

COSHOCTON, OHIO

What is your current USGA Handicap? 7

TITLEIST PRO V1X because they perform excellent around the greens and still provide great distance.

My son and I are both Titleist loyalists and would love to see the company from the inside.

​What is your home city/state?

Attleboro MA

What is your current USGA Handicap?

Hovers around 20

I play a Srixon Z-Star XV because I feel like it gives me a lot of control greenside and on approaches, and with the usual crowds I play with, Srixon isn't a common brand so it's easy to differentiate from everyone else's balls, even if I'm not marking mine.

Despite living so close to Acushnet, I've never even driven by the facility. There's so many places to get properly fitted around here, but I haven't gotten a real fitting (aside from just going off of Ping's charts) because I'm not convinced it'll help my game that much. I'd love to be proven wrong, though. Professionally, I'm a business data analyst and I love seeing what makes golf companies tick behind-the-scenes and I think it would be very interesting to see what kind of data Titleist uses in their operations.