Similar to Newport 3 but much softer face?

Buckets2 ·  
Buckets2Buckets2 Members  2570WRX Points: 299Posts: 2,570 Titanium Tees
Played the Newport 3 last year with the Srixon Z-star. Super soft ball.

Switching to Z-star XV this year and it's considerably firmer and click'ier off the face.

Anyone have any recommendations on similar performing/hanging putters, but with much softer faces that I should consider? i.e. an insert. Doesn't necessarily have to be the same shape. I really do like how the faces feel off the Spider putters but hate the look of it while standing over the ball.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Posted:

Comments

• Ngjg21Ngjg21 Members  927WRX Points: 112Handicap: 3.0Posts: 927 Golden Tee
    Take a look at the Bobby Grace 18 blade. Great performer with the very soft hsm insert and can be had at a great price if you're patient.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Dr.FrankenputzDr.Frankenputz Members  869WRX Points: 175Handicap: 13Posts: 869 Golden Tee
    Some of the odyssey inserts are soft. I have an old #9 white hot xg; super soft in general. Can barely feel it hitting a chrome soft, way to soft for me. Also have a ping sigma Shea h that’s a tad more firm than the odyssey. (I personally prefer a solid, milled face)
    Posted:
  • shredNECTARshredNECTAR Members  148WRX Points: 61Handicap: 11Posts: 148 Fairways
    The odyssey white hot putters are almost way too soft with that insert. I tried Bettinardi bb1s and they felt great
    Posted:
  • smeech8000smeech8000 Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin' Members  2426WRX Points: 85Handicap: 3.3Posts: 2,426 Platinum Tees
    Rife Abaco - milled groove face (non-insert).  Sneaky soft but offers good feedback where you need it.  Very affordable to boot.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915D4 9.5*
    Titleist 909f3 15*
    Titleist 913h 19*
    Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
    Cally Forged 50/54/58
    Lajosi Sensor

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.