KBS C Taper Lite VS Project X LZ

swaldron

Haven't hit the ctaper lites, but have hit the regular ctaper, and the Project x LZ in 6.5. The LZ reminds me of a modus 120 in how it loads and feels through impact. Lots of energy, as I noticed a 1-2mph increase in ball speed on the LZ over a modus 120x. That said they did seem to spin a bit more and fly a bit higher.

Sofar I've stuck with my modus 120x's but I'm still debating on if I should switch to the LZ.

I was recently fit for a new set of irons and these were the finalists. I hit the KBS first and was quickly sold on how great they felt. Then I hit the LZ. Wow they are a great fit for my swing. Was longer and had tighter dispersion with the lz and better distance control.

What I am struggling with is how the lz flexes compare with other shafts. I have read all sorts of conflicting things. For example, I've heard that 6.5 in the lz is in between s300 and x100, like a stiff+. I've also heard that it is stiffer than x100. If anyone can clarify this that would be great

I played the CTL in my 745s for a short period and have the 6.0 LZ in my 716 AP2 currently. After really liking the Tour V, I was expecting big things from the CTL but I was really underwhelmed. They felt dead, launched lower than I hoped for and dispersion wasn't as tight as I hoped. Pulled them out in favor of the PX 5.5 flighted I originally had in the 745s and things were good again.

The LZ, for me, are a MUCH better shaft in every facet. The do launch a bit higher than I expected but they get up and carry. The only problem I am having is distance control, but going through some swing changes has netted me a few extra yards so that could be part of the issue. I will say, they do FEEL softer than the regular PX in comparison (6.0 to 6.0), so do not rule out trying a stiffer flex in the LZ than what you would normally play. It may not be a fit but I think it is worth trying. The AP2 are weaker lofts than the 745s and I am getting every bit as much carry, most times more. The LZ have made a typically unimpressive iron in the AP2, as far as feel goes, really stand out for me.

Overall I would say the LZ will launch higher, feel better, and have tighter dispersion when compared to the CTL.... Just me though, the CTL were duds.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I spent some time this winter working for The Gecko Tour, which is a training tour based in marbella used by Europro/Ecco Tour/Challenge Tour etc players, and was always doing driving range detail. The guys are nice enough to let me hit clubs here and there when it´s not in the way of their warming up and I´ve gotten to hit both on the same day. So I stress that they aren´t fit for me (currently using Project X 6.5 which is a bit too stout). That said...

Project X 6.5 - I have these in a set of rocketbladez tour irons. I like the feel, but for how I swing and load up the club they feel quite stout along the whole length of the shaft. I feel like I have to hit at it, which I don´t like (See: Throw my lower-body at the ball). The ball doesn´t feel harsh off of the face, but I don´t perceive any feel in the shaft as I swing

Project X LZ 6.5 - A player had these in the 16 Apex Pro´s. Ball felt no different off the face, but I did notice (and loved) that I could feel the shaft flex a bit in transition. It felt noticeably softer (a good thing for me) around the middle of the shaft

C-Taper Lite X-Flex - Lucky enough to have James Robinson let me follow him through the bag as he warmed up (Thanks Robbo :D ). Again, no difference in feel off the face to the 6.5´s I´m currently using but these felt softer to swing. Unlike the LZ, which felt soft with a flex-point, these feel ´one-piece´ softer .

I´ve had one put in an old 712U 4 and I like it a lot. It´s smooth but not noodle-y, and a few downswing adjustments that make me feel like I´m swing faster (shoutout to Monte and his work) have been handled with ease and no ballooning

I hope that helps a bit!

• 2 weeks later...

I was recently fit for a new set of irons and these were the finalists. I hit the KBS first and was quickly sold on how great they felt. Then I hit the LZ. Wow they are a great fit for my swing. Was longer and had tighter dispersion with the lz and better distance control.

What I am struggling with is how the lz flexes compare with other shafts. I have read all sorts of conflicting things. For example, I've heard that 6.5 in the lz is in between s300 and x100, like a stiff+. I've also heard that it is stiffer than x100. If anyone can clarify this that would be great

As you know, there is no universal measure for depicting flex for a shaft. So the 6.0 should be roughly equivalent to an s300/s400, a PX 6.0, a KBS stiff in any of their models, a stiff in any Nippon model, etc. The 6.5 is a S+. I remember back when PX shafts first came out, I would bet my life that I read that 5.5 was stiff and 6.0 was S+, but that seems to have disappeared and I can't find anything saying that anymore. Based on current manufacturer descriptions, 6.5 is S+ or X flex, as they don't make a 7.0 anyways, at least at present. You also have to take into account shaft weight too. The 6.5 is as heavy as most tour weight clubs, and they seemed to have followed the KBS thinking on this by making something stiffer by adding weight and keeping flex profiles the same. I would say the 6.0 is stiff and the 6.5 is an S+/X.

What I am really interested in is where the LZ fits in comparison to the PXi, as this seems like the closest match to it, yet I have seen nobody compare them. I've read that it is the same flight and spin as the standard PX but the feel and loading scheme of the PXi, with a weight profile that is kind of intermediary between the two. Anyways, I hope this helps.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

As you know, there is no universal measure for depicting flex for a shaft. So the 6.0 should be roughly equivalent to an s300/s400, a PX 6.0, a KBS stiff in any of their models, a stiff in any Nippon model, etc. The 6.5 is a S+. I remember back when PX shafts first came out, I would bet my life that I read that 5.5 was stiff and 6.0 was S+, but that seems to have disappeared and I can't find anything saying that anymore. Based on current manufacturer descriptions, 6.5 is S+ or X flex, as they don't make a 7.0 anyways, at least at present. You also have to take into account shaft weight too. The 6.5 is as heavy as most tour weight clubs, and they seemed to have followed the KBS thinking on this by making something stiffer by adding weight and keeping flex profiles the same. I would say the 6.0 is stiff and the 6.5 is an S+/X.

What I am really interested in is where the LZ fits in comparison to the PXi, as this seems like the closest match to it, yet I have seen nobody compare them. I've read that it is the same flight and spin as the standard PX but the feel and loading scheme of the PXi, with a weight profile that is kind of intermediary between the two. Anyways, I hope this helps.

Please don't make this stuff up. If you look at the shaft chart pinned to the top of the board, the PX6.0 is equivalent to a soft stepped X100. The 6.5 a hard stepped x100. Now, to the OP's question, neither the LZ or the taper lite are on the list. Both "feel" different to me, but that doesn't mean that they actually play different. I don't have an answer, but I didn't want others to think this information was gospel.

Please don't make this stuff up. If you look at the shaft chart pinned to the top of the board, the PX6.0 is equivalent to a soft stepped X100. The 6.5 a hard stepped x100. Now, to the OP's question, neither the LZ or the taper lite are on the list. Both "feel" different to me, but that doesn't mean that they actually play different. I don't have an answer, but I didn't want others to think this information was gospel.

I'm not trying to say my thoughts are gospel. A softstepped PX 6.0 can also be equal to a hard stepped s300, if we are going strictly by a 6.1 frequency on the FCM measurement. Yes a PX 6.0 has a FCM more similar to a traditional Rifle 6.5, but is also about 7-8 grams lighter which is also going to play a factor in it's stiffness profile. As I said in my caveat line that I was under the impression a 5.5 was "stiff", i.e. roughly equal to an s300/KBS Tour, this chart is the first I have seen backing up my argument since the first years that PX was available. Now many manufacturers use 6.0 as the stock "stiff", and a lot of people out there agree, by definition, that 6.0 is "stiff", but the club OEMs have been known to fudge the flex a little.

Many manufacturers, if the OP is buying straight from them, do different stepping patterns to achieve the ballflight, and stiffness, they want. For instance, Ping hardsteps their XP95s once to prevent it from ballooning and playing truer to their AWT flex and weight. Additionally, I was told by a Cobra rep that all of their C-Taper/C-Taper Lites are soft stepped once if you order them from the factory. Further, Mizuno's "stiff" shafts in Rifle are always 5.5, while Ping and Callaway have gone with a straight up 6.0. Who is in the wrong here, and who is right? As I said before, there is no true measure of flex and every manufacturer does it differently, be it club manufacturers or shaft manufacturers. Why is a C-Taper close to 0.5 FCM stiffer than a Dynamic Gold? I think it has to do with shaft bending profiles, i.e. where the shaft is stiffer and softer.

I believe that shaft chart was done strictly on butt frequency (I could be wrong, but I didn't find any information to say otherwise), which is not always perfect in determining an accurate measure of a shaft's flex. Which is why a labelled "stiff" in a dynamic gold, is different than a labelled stiff in a C-Taper and even in a KBS Tour. Anecdotal evidence of this: I have a friend that worked at a high-end fitting studio that spec'd out a set of Modus 130X and said they came out to be a 9.7 or something ridiculous on the Rifle scale. I've never tried them myself, but I think a shaft that specs out a full 2.0 measures stiffer than anything else out there would flop and feel absolutely dead....yet we see them in a lot of people's bags and they are renowned for their feel. The shafts that spec out very high on the FCM chart relative to labelled flex also coincidentally have very stiff butt sections, so a coincidence, I think not.

• Haha 1

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

True Temper bought out Project X but their technology design, etc didn't come with it. So, the PX nowadays is different than the previous generations.

So, 5.5 is closer to 6.0 and 6.0 to 6.5, so on and so on. Confusing but at least they didn't change the Pro V1x to the ProV1 and ProV1 to the ProV1x ;)

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

• 2 weeks later...

I hit the LZ 5.5 and 6.0 vs. CTL stiff in Mizuno MP5 and Srixon z965. Coming from PX 5.5 and 6.0 and DG S300. The CTL was far better for me. Hotter, more penetrating flight, very accurate and nice carry. The LZ is nice. The C Taper Lite felt better and performed better for me.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I hit the LZ 5.5 and 6.0 vs. CTL stiff in Mizuno MP5 and Srixon z965. Coming from PX 5.5 and 6.0 and DG S300. The CTL was far better for me. Hotter, more penetrating flight, very accurate and nice carry. The LZ is nice. The C Taper Lite felt better and performed better for me.

These are the very shafts I'm contemplating, but leaning towards the CTL for the reasons you've noted. I have a fitting booked for this afternoon - so hopefully it'll come together for me...

Ping bag filled with Ping clubs...

I think the c taper lite are very different compared to the PX LZ.

I've found the C Taper Lite launch pretty high, like the PXI. The PX LZ are more stiff feeling, and launch a little bit lower. A good buddy of mine fits a lot of people, and he mentioned that he thinks the PX LZ play stiff to flex. I guess you could compare the PX LZ to the KBS Tour V, only a slightly stiffer profile maybe. (but not as stiff as the normal project X)

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish

You may be right about the launch. I would say the CTL is higher than PX LZ, but not a huge difference and still in that mid-range in launch. But it is still a penetrating flight and I think its slightly elevated launch makes it a great fit for a blade iron like the z965. I like blades to be easy to elevate, and the Srixon with the CTL did do that. But I think the CTL is definitely softer than KBS Tour, so I went with CTL X flex to get the weight I wanted (115g uncut) and ordered them soft-stepped once. That will put the CPM on them at about 307 (according to Hireko site), which is right where I want it. The z965 heads are quite nice, forged at

Endo foundry in Japan with 1020 steel. A touch longer heel to toe than some other blades but still compact. One of the easiest to hit MB irons I've tried. And man, middle it and it feels sweet and takes off!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I've been playing CTL X in my MP5's for about two years now. Absolutely love them, they do fly a little higher than I'm used to, but they don't balloon on me. Definitely mid-launching for my swing. My fitter said I could handle the lighter CTL 115 shaft because of my smooth tempo. I used to play Nippon 1150s and before that strictly DG, but I guess my move has gotten smoother over the years? So I was not maximizing the DG X100s like I used to. I'm definitely a believer in the CTL though, give them a spin!

Recently tried out the PX LZs 6.0 in a Mizuno 900 Tour at my local shop... Super sweet, definitely a little more boardy than the CTL, but I liked the way they felt through impact, absolute butter. Recently been contemplating building up a 6 iron with the PX LZ and Modus 120 to mess around with on the range. What am I saying??? Try the CTL! haha

[b]Callaway [/b]GBB Epic SZ 9° MRC KK Dual Core Silver Proto 60 TS
[b]Titleist[/b] 915F 15° Aldila Rogue 70X
[b]Titleist [/b]712U 3i KBS C-Taper Lite 115x
[b]Mizuno[/b] MP5 (4-9) KBS C-Taper Lite 115x
[b]Vokey[/b] SM6 48° 52° (F) 56° (M) 60° (L) DG Tour Issue s400
[b]Scotty Cameron[/b] Studio Design 3.5 34"
[b]Kirkland[/b] Signature[b], Titleist[/b] Pro V1 and [b]Srixon[/b] Z Star

I was between the two when I ordered my current irons. Both felt really good but the C Taper Lites had a tendency to be high and spinny, shots would balloon and land soft but be 10-15 yards short of the usual. Went with the LZs instead because I didn't have that issue with them. The CTL definitely felt better at impact, I could feel the shaft unload and punish the ball.

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 60TX
Ping G425 Max 16.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX 
Srixon ZX UT 2/3/4 - KBS C Taper Lite X
Srixon ZX7 5-P - KBS C Taper Lite X
Titleist SM8 Raw 50/54/58 - TI DG S400
Scotty Cameron 2020 Newport 2 

Previously I’ve played the C-taper lite S.

But I wanted a new set of irons so I tried the Mizuno DNA fitting. I don’t recall the exact numbers but swing speed was around 88-90Mph and between 5-6 for the rest (tempo, toe down, kick angle, release factor).

The DNA fitting opted for Project X 6.5, Dynamic Gold X and KBS Tour X. They all felt quite heavy but I actually did strike the Project X 6.5 the straightest. The rest was a slight draw.

But I said to the fitter that I always draw the ball on a launch monitor but pretty straight on the course.

In the end I decided on Project X 6.0 as I think I unintentionally strike the ball a little harder when I have a launch monitor keeping track on me :).

But after a couple of rounds I’m not fond of the feeling. Shaft feels heavy so I have no idea where the head is during the swing. If I didn’t see the ball flight I couldn’t tell if it was a good hit or not from the impact. Because of that I’m more inconsistent, thin hits, fat hits… is the learning curve for Project X that long and different?

I’m considering re-shafting to either Project X 5.5 or C-taper lite S.

The safe bet would be the C-taper lite as I played those before and liked them. But maybe Project X 5.5 would suit me better when it is slightly lighter shaft than 6.0 and because the Mizuno DNA recommended the Project X.

All I can say is, I think it is a huge difference hitting balls indoors of a mat to outside on a real course. And I tried the Project X LZ 6.5 during the fitting too but after a while all shafts felt the same to me… But if you are a recreational golfer like me, go for a lighter shaft so you don’t feel you need to crush the swing every time.

Side note: Most PGA players (that uses PX) use 6.5 flex, Rory I believe uses 7.0 and Spieth 6.0. And those guys hit balls way more often than me, and harder :P.

Also have a look at Michael Newton comparing shafts, I guess he says to find a shaft that feels good, high launch, low launch, spin etc are all in your strikes.

Good luck!

Previously I’ve played the C-taper lite S.

But I wanted a new set of irons so I tried the Mizuno DNA fitting. I don’t recall the exact numbers but swing speed was around 88-90Mph and between 5-6 for the rest (tempo, toe down, kick angle, release factor).

The DNA fitting opted for Project X 6.5, Dynamic Gold X and KBS Tour X. They all felt quite heavy but I actually did strike the Project X 6.5 the straightest. The rest was a slight draw.

But I said to the fitter that I always draw the ball on a launch monitor but pretty straight on the course.

In the end I decided on Project X 6.0 as I think I unintentionally strike the ball a little harder when I have a launch monitor keeping track on me :).

But after a couple of rounds I’m not fond of the feeling. Shaft feels heavy so I have no idea where the head is during the swing. If I didn’t see the ball flight I couldn’t tell if it was a good hit or not from the impact. Because of that I’m more inconsistent, thin hits, fat hits… is the learning curve for Project X that long and different?

I’m considering re-shafting to either Project X 5.5 or C-taper lite S.

The safe bet would be the C-taper lite as I played those before and liked them. But maybe Project X 5.5 would suit me better when it is slightly lighter shaft than 6.0 and because the Mizuno DNA recommended the Project X.

All I can say is, I think it is a huge difference hitting balls indoors of a mat to outside on a real course. And I tried the Project X LZ 6.5 during the fitting too but after a while all shafts felt the same to me… But if you are a recreational golfer like me, go for a lighter shaft so you don’t feel you need to crush the swing every time.

Side note: Most PGA players (that uses PX) use 6.5 flex, Rory I believe uses 7.0 and Spieth 6.0. And those guys hit balls way more often than me, and harder :P.

Also have a look at Michael Newton comparing shafts, I guess he says to find a shaft that feels good, high launch, low launch, spin etc are all in your strikes.

Good luck!

So this year's 5.5 is actually stiff and the 6.0 is S+.

So you know.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Love the 6.0 into a fitting into a screen. Got it on the course and I lost yardages,etc.

Switched them ZZ65 and all was right in the world.

Im still departing the ctaper lites, PX and pxlz now... only reason I haven't pullledthe trigger. I enjoyed the PX in the sh pro but the other too o can't demo... :(

protos F4

So you know.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Love the 6.0 into a fitting into a screen. Got it on the course and I lost yardages,etc.

Im still departing the ctaper lites, PX and pxlz now... only reason I haven't pullledthe trigger. I enjoyed the PX in the sh pro but the other too o can't demo... :(

Ok thanks! But I think it's weird the DNA fitter opted for X-stiff shaft for a casual golfer. Maybe it works when I'm on top of my game but I play once a week if I'm lucky :)!

And of course no one wants to balloon any golf shots but I think that is more due to strike. I've been able to balloon 6i and PW with my PX6.0. Into pretty strong wind but anyway, I don't think there is a miracle shaft that can cure ballooning.

Did you try another PX flex on course? Was it any different?

My "controlled" swings aren't great at the moment with the 6.0 flex. Wonder if it's the shaft itself or the flex.

So you know.

Ok thanks! But I think it's weird the DNA fitter opted for X-stiff shaft for a casual golfer. Maybe it works when I'm on top of my game but I play once a week if I'm lucky :)!

And of course no one wants to balloon any golf shots but I think that is more due to strike. I've been able to balloon 6i and PW with my PX6.0. Into pretty strong wind but anyway, I don't think there is a miracle shaft that can cure ballooning.

My "controlled" swings aren't great at the moment with the 6.0 flex. Wonder if it's the shaft itself or the flex.

I demoed a 7 iron with a PX 5.5 on a grass range and enjoy it tremendously (flight and feel). However, I'm a little gun shy, so I went with ctaper lites.

Can't wait for the irons to come in!

protos F4

I demoed a 7 iron with a PX 5.5 on a grass range and enjoy it tremendously (flight and feel). However, I'm a little gun shy, so I went with ctaper lites.

Which flex in the C-taper lites?

How come you choose the C-taper lites over PX, if you liked the PX so much? Did you demo both? If so did you notice anything perticular with flex, weight and so on?

Just curious :)!

So you know.

The optimizer has no idea if you are a casual golfer or a tour pro. The handicap input is done solely for the purpose of suggesting a club for you if went with the whole Mizuno fitting process. The swing analyzer suggested that shaft because of your swing speed, how much lag you are putting on the shaft, your release, and your transition.

Why not soft-step your PX 6.0 once (which would make it like a 5.7)? That would be close enough in flex to what you are hoping to achieve, will soften the shafts feel, but will not help with ballooning. Unfortunately, the only two shafts I am aware that significantly reduce launch and spin (i.e. balloon killers) are the C-Taper and the Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X7. The C-Taper can be demoed in the MIzuno but it feels quite harsh, is reasonably heavy (120g), and does require a decent move at the ball to get it to go anymore, IMO. The X7 is available only through certified True Temper fitting studios (like CLub Champion and the like), so the chances of demoing one at the first place you pop into are likely impossible.

How many rounds have you played with these? Depending on where you are located the season is just starting...the wind, dampness, and wet and soggy conditions can definitely lead to a club not working as well as advertised.

The optimizer has no idea if you are a casual golfer or a tour pro. The handicap input is done solely for the purpose of suggesting a club for you if went with the whole Mizuno fitting process. The swing analyzer suggested that shaft because of your swing speed, how much lag you are putting on the shaft, your release, and your transition.

Why not soft-step your PX 6.0 once (which would make it like a 5.7)? That would be close enough in flex to what you are hoping to achieve, will soften the shafts feel, but will not help with ballooning. Unfortunately, the only two shafts I am aware that significantly reduce launch and spin (i.e. balloon killers) are the C-Taper and the Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X7. The C-Taper can be demoed in the MIzuno but it feels quite harsh, is reasonably heavy (120g), and does require a decent move at the ball to get it to go anymore, IMO. The X7 is available only through certified True Temper fitting studios (like CLub Champion and the like), so the chances of demoing one at the first place you pop into are likely impossible.

How many rounds have you played with these? Depending on where you are located the season is just starting...the wind, dampness, and wet and soggy conditions can definitely lead to a club not working as well as advertised.

I actually did a full fitting and I said that a good year for me is about 20 rounds/season (but would like to double it :)).

Yes true, soft-step is an option. But I would like to try the 5.5 as that shaft is lighter too, and to me it feels as the 6.0 is heavy, might be due to the stiffness of course...

Ballooning for me is strike more than anything. If two different 6irons produce 6000rpm backspin both will balloon similar into head wind in my opinion.

Played 3 rounds so far with them. Live in Sweden so it has been quite chilly and windy (5°C and between 5-10 m/s), but not as wet and soggy this year actually.

Which flex in the C-taper lites?

How come you choose the C-taper lites over PX, if you liked the PX so much? Did you demo both? If so did you notice anything perticular with flex, weight and so on?

Just curious :)!

I went with Ctaper lites because of my fitter thar knows my swing pretty good and is outstanding at his job.

The PX I was doing on my own accord to see. I think it has potential but I went with expertise over what I was feeling.

If it doesn't work out then I'll look at changing at the end of the year. I have always enjoyed KBS so I'm excited.

I'm also coming out of recoils 110 love them but wanted to get back to steel.

protos F4

• 11 months later...

I realize that I'm commenting on an old thread, but I thought I'd add something interesting. I have played S300 shafts for most of my career. Last year I switched to S300 Pro's and have enjoyed the flight patterns (higher flight in the longer irons, lower flight in the shorter irons). My vokey's came with kbs tours, though, and I considered swapping the shafts for s400 tour issues. Before I changed, I gave them a try and really liked them as wedge shafts. They blend well with my S300 pro's. So then I ordered a vokey to replace my pitching wedge and it came with a project x lz 5.5. I knew I would have to reshaft it, but wasn't sure if it would be with the S300 pro or with the kbs tour. But after hitting it, I found that it fills the gap between those shafts perfectly. Launches another higher than the S300 pro and slightly lower than the kbs tour. Feels great, loads well on full swings, and has nice feel around the green. So I now have three separate shafts between my 9 iron and gap wedge and really like it. (this coming from a guy who is admittedly ocd about matching grips and shafts). :)

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

I realize that I'm commenting on an old thread, but I thought I'd add something interesting. I have played S300 shafts for most of my career. Last year I switched to S300 Pro's and have enjoyed the flight patterns (higher flight in the longer irons, lower flight in the shorter irons). My vokey's came with kbs tours, though, and I considered swapping the shafts for s400 tour issues. Before I changed, I gave them a try and really liked them as wedge shafts. They blend well with my S300 pro's. So then I ordered a vokey to replace my pitching wedge and it came with a project x lz 5.5. I knew I would have to reshaft it, but wasn't sure if it would be with the S300 pro or with the kbs tour. But after hitting it, I found that it fills the gap between those shafts perfectly. Launches another higher than the S300 pro and slightly lower than the kbs tour. Feels great, loads well on full swings, and has nice feel around the green. So I now have three separate shafts between my 9 iron and gap wedge and really like it. (this coming from a guy who is admittedly ocd about matching grips and shafts). :)

LZ is a unique animal.....ctaper tight; kbs tour smooth.....lovin this shaft!

LZ is a unique animal.....ctaper tight; kbs tour smooth.....lovin this shaft!

That description seems very accurate from my experience with my one LZ shaft so far. :)

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R