Taylormade Vault

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1401249553' post='9379509']
[quote name='cmb71' timestamp='1401247643' post='9379339']
[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1401246682' post='9379241']
Anyone order the Silver SLDR Tour Head? I got mine
[/quote]

I just got mine today also. Great looking head, but really light, about 188g without the adapter. No screw in the hole toe side, it was left open. No big deal though I guess as I had a spare adapter screw.
[/quote]

Was there a cap plate?
[/quote]

No cap plate on mine.

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Blue 6X

Titleist TSR3 14.5* GD AD IZ 7X

Titleist T200 3 iron GD AD DI HY

Titleist T150 4-PW DG Tour White

Titleist Vokey 48*, 54*, 60* DG Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is. It's a 12*. It came wrapped in the plastic with the adapter installed. No cover or screw.

[attachment=2246113:IMG_0614.JPG][attachment=2246115:IMG_0615.JPG]

that doesnt sound right with no toe cap plate. In fact that's not legal to use as it's non conforming.

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

wish that wrx watermark wasn't covering half that picture but I would inquire about the cover/screw. For $500, I would be pissed if the head arrived like that.

Titleist Tsr2 9* / TPT Power 17Lo
Titleist Tsr3 15* / Ventus OG blue 7s

Callaway UW 21* / Fujikura motore VC 8s 
Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW / C taper r 110
Titleist SM9 raw 50.54.58 LZ 5.5
Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

[quote name='geauxWRX' timestamp='1401281997' post='9380929']
wish that wrx watermark wasn't covering half that picture but I would inquire about the cover/screw. For $500, I would be pissed if the head arrived like that.
[/quote]

Yeah, just grabbed my phone and took a quick pic. There isn't much to see, it is just the threaded hole, nothing else there.

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1401284008' post='9381153']
[quote name='cmb71' timestamp='1401281561' post='9380879']
I thought the same thing J13. I will be making a call to TM today.
[/quote]

Let me know what they say please. Thanks
[/quote]

Spoke with Customer Service this morning and he was very helpful. They are sending me the missing toe plate and screw to arrive in time for this weekend. I am playing in a tournament Saturday, so I hope they get here in time. I did alert him to the fact that I know of others affected and to expect other calls.

[quote name='cmb71' timestamp='1401281561' post='9380879']
I thought the same thing J13. I will be making a call to TM today.
[/quote]

That's some bullxxxx right there, though with any manufactured product there will be errors, tmags cust Svc is usually very good , I'm sure they'll make it right.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Glad to hear you reached someone with the knowledge to help you. The big question is the driver non nonconforming with out it?

Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

[quote name='geauxWRX' timestamp='1401286322' post='9381399']
Glad to hear you reached someone with the knowledge to help you. The big question is the driver non nonconforming with out it?
[/quote]

Yes it is, CHIII dq'd for loss of that plate on the range

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[/quote]

Yes, he was very helpful, I just hope he comes through. At first he said it was going to be dropped in the mail, until I reminded him I paid $500 plus expedited shipping and informed him of my intent to use it in a tournament this weekend. He said he would get it expedited. I wonder the same thing... is it non-conforming if I thread the screw in without the toe cap? Any insights are appreciated from anyone who knows.

Unrelated, but this thing is super light... will definitely require some hotmelt to get up to a decent headweight because it only SW's at C8 with my current shaft that was in a 430 Tour SLDR head (that is D2-3).

Don't know how many were available for purchase, but its crazy to think they sold a $500 non nonconforming driver to people

Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1401286513' post='9381429']
[/quote]

Yes it is, CHIII dq'd for loss of that plate on the range
[/quote]

That's right, I forgot about that. Thanks!

[quote name='cmb71' timestamp='1401286670' post='9381449']
[/quote]

Yes, he was very helpful, I just hope he comes through. At first he said it was going to be dropped in the mail, until I reminded him I paid $500 plus expedited shipping and informed him of my intent to use it in a tournament this weekend. He said he would get it expedited. I wonder the same thing... is it non-conforming if I thread the screw in without the toe cap? Any insights are appreciated from anyone who knows.

Unrelated, but this thing is super light... will definitely require some hotmelt to get up to a decent headweight because it only SW's at C8 with my current shaft that was in a 430 Tour SLDR head (that is D2-3).
[/quote]

If you thread the screw in, even without the plate there, I think you'd be fine. But I'd much rather have the plate and screw (I'm sure there's a bad joke in there somewhere) just to be safe. Play well this weekend!

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1401288398' post='9381647']
[quote name='cmb71' timestamp='1401286670' post='9381449']
[/quote]

[/quote]

If you thread the screw in, even without the plate there, I think you'd be fine. But I'd much rather have the plate and screw (I'm sure there's a bad joke in there somewhere) just to be safe. Play well this weekend!
[/quote]

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. That's the way I see it too, and I may be completely wrong, but if TM comes through as promised I shouldn't have to worry about it. I can test it for the next few days with the screw threaded and just add the cover plate on (wishful thinking) Friday night before my Saturday 2-man team event.

I was thinking that CHIII was DQ'd because the club was altered... I will have to search that topic out shortly to reread it. If I am already missing the toe cap plate but have the screw threaded tight I should be conforming, no? That's one of the many reasons this site is so great... somebody will surely set me straight.

[quote name='geauxWRX' timestamp='1401286741' post='9381461']
Don't know how many were available for purchase, but its crazy to think they sold a $500 non nonconforming driver to people
[/quote]

Not really, GM didn't Change A .57$ ignition switch on a 20,000 $ car and it shut down the car while driving and is attributable for about 13 deaths. There will be defects in a manufactured product, no such thing as a 100% system, it's how a company handles those errors i.e customer Svc defines the organization . That's why six sigma , kiazen, continuous improvement, should be a constant processes in manufacturing.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1401290919' post='9381927']
[/quote]

Not really, GM didn't Change A .57$ ignition switch on a 20,000 $ car and it shut down the car while driving and is attributable for about 13 deaths. There will be defects in a manufactured product, no such thing as a 100% system, it's how a company handles those errors i.e customer Svc defines the organization . That's why six sigma , kiazen, continuous improvement, should be a constant processes in manufacturing.
[/quote]

Yeh, and GM's behavior was completely unacceptable, just as TMAG's is here. I am not sure what pointing out another instance of horrific service does to change what appears to be a monumental messup by TMAG. IF the head as is truly is nonconforming, and that's been my understanding, anything short of a full refund plus return shipping paid immediately is not an acceptable response...

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1401299640' post='9383005']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeh, and GM's behavior was completely unacceptable, just as TMAG's is here. I am not sure what pointing out another instance of horrific service does to change what appears to be a monumental messup by TMAG. IF the head as is truly is nonconforming, and that's been my understanding, anything short of a full refund plus return shipping paid immediately is not an acceptable response...
[/quote]

Or expediting a plate and screw, which seems to be the case.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1401300079' post='9383037']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or expediting a plate and screw, which seems to be the case.
[/quote]

^^^^This^^^^^

Full refund if the OP wants to return it, but I do not think that is the case. TMAG has done right as far as I am concerned; expeditiously adjudicating the issue.

My point is defects and production errors are inventible but co's should strive to minimize them. And in NO way did I draw a parallel of the severity of a club defect vs a defect that killed someone. Only that defects do occur

GM Cust Svc / Manufacturing- epic fail
TMAG - from what I can see here managed the situation, whether they do something extra for the OP, well thats up to TMAG and their internal SOPs, if it where my Company, I would, the OP lost practice time with this head going into the tourney, but giving the head way, thats unreasonable.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dude, we get it, you are not a TaylorMade fan yet for some reason you always find yourself in the forums related to them.

Negligence is being aware of something and doing nothing to change it - based on the response from the OP TaylorMade, is far from negligent

[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1401300780' post='9383109']
Full refund if the OP wants to return it, but I do not think that is the case. TMAG has done right as far as I am concerned; expeditiously adjudicating the issue.

My point is defects and production errors are inventible but co's should strive to minimize them. And in NO way did I draw a parallel of the severity of a club defect vs a defect that killed someone. Only that defects do occur

TMAG - from what I can see here managed the situation, whether they do something extra for the OP, well thats up to TMAG and their internal SOPs, if it where my Company, I would, the OP lost practice time with this head going into the tourney, but giving the head way, thats unreasonable.
[/quote]

Has anyone received one of the heads from the vault with a plate and screw installed?

My guess is the plate and screw are left off of the heads intentionally on the tour van. This would allow the sliding weight to be adjusted once the club is built and the screw and plate are installed as the final step. TM obviously dropped the ball when the heads were sent out without a plate and screw.

• Titleist TSR3 10* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

[quote name='RonSwanson' timestamp='1401303462' post='9383425']
[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1401300780' post='9383109']

[/quote]

Has anyone received one of the heads from the vault with a plate and screw installed?

My guess is the plate and screw are left off of the heads intentionally on the tour van. This would allow the sliding weight to be adjusted once the club is built and the screw and plate are installed as the final step. TM obviously dropped the ball when the heads were sent out without a plate and screw.
[/quote]

The screw and cap are left off on the van because the heads have to be hot melted up to weight. IMO, TM should offer this service to buyers if they are going to pay $500. The average golfer does not have ready access to a hot melt gun in their area. So for $500, you are getting a raw, under weighed head that will play in the high C swing weight if you play an average 70 gram driver shaft. The head has to be close to 200 grams to get it to D3 in a driver. It needs 8-10 grams of hot melt which is significant. Without it, it'll not only be too light, it will not sound right or fly as far.

Glad it worked out and they are getting you one. Things happen and companies make mistakes not the end of the world but i'm sure the alarm has sounded at TM if they didn't include the screw and toe cap with all of the heads.

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

A light should have gone off in someone's head "hey these heads are unfinished, maybe we should add the covers and weigh them?"

Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

[quote name='birdie18' timestamp='1401303446' post='9383423']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dude, we get it, you are not a TaylorMade fan yet for some reason you always find yourself in the forums related to them.

Negligence is being aware of something and doing nothing to change it - based on the response from the OP TaylorMade, is far from negligent
[/quote]

I actually like a lot of what TMAG does and if you read my posts you'd see that, in particular I really like the SLDR. LOL at negligence btw, you are right they weren't negligent, this was probably intentional, which is a much higher state of mental culpability than negligence... So saying they weren't negligent makes it worse. Obviously, good on them for attempting to fix it for OP, but my guess is that none of them had the screw, TMAG knows it, but doesn't care and is just gonna see who calls service about it. We shall see.

They should have caught this but it is easy to see how it happens. The tour van probably has buckets of toe plates and screws, so why package them with the heads? They'd just have to remove them to hot melt and the put them back.

Glad they are making it right... They should be contacting everyone who bought one though... Not just waiting for customers to inquire about it.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1401310058' post='9384187']
[quote name='birdie18' timestamp='1401303446' post='9383423']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I actually like a lot of what TMAG does and if you read my posts you'd see that, in particular I really like the SLDR. LOL at negligence btw, you are right they weren't negligent, this was probably intentional, which is a much higher state of mental culpability than negligence... So saying they weren't negligent makes it worse. Obviously, good on them for attempting to fix it for OP, but my guess is that none of them had the screw, TMAG knows it, but doesn't care and is just gonna see who calls service about it. We shall see.
[/quote]

Sounded like TMBob got one with a screw and plate. or at least he wasn't saying the head came without it.

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4