2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Taylormade Vault

[quote name='OUZO Power' timestamp='1395859019' post='8956331']
[quote name='golfware' timestamp='1395770100' post='8948117']
[quote name='Chilli9880' timestamp='1395764945' post='8947441']
[quote name='Goldenhawk' timestamp='1395747145' post='8945527']
[quote name='Chilli9880' timestamp='1395677991' post='8938955']
Won't be long until Callaway follows suit... which means we as consumers benefit again!
[/quote]
Callaway? Who cares about that. I want Titleist to follow suit. This would allow us to buy Tour Issue Scotty Cameron putters and drop the prices on eBay.
[/quote]

I agree with you. My comment was a little snarky. It was that Callaway follows everything that Taylormade does, both good and bad. Being a fan of Odyssey and Scotty Putters, I'm with you in hoping they all follow suit.
[/quote]

I can't see a Vault from anyone other than TMAG, as they are pretty much the ONLY OEM that really makes vastly different Tour stuff from the retail stuff. The other OEM's, ala Ping, Titleist, Callaway, Mizuno, pretty much offer the same equipment Tour and retail. TMAG is easily the only one that has been doing that consistently for years, albeit decades. Ala the 510TP.
[/quote]I have to agree with Ramon here.

Callaway doesn't offer tour only heads like TM does. V1, V2, V3 etc...On rare occasion maybe. But the really rare tour stuff would be the LH Prototypes for Phil. Nothing much more. And maybe the BBA Pro and BB Pro FW's.
[/quote]

...and different versions of the X Prototype irons (quad dot and so on), and X Forged wedges with conforming grooves, and tour only versions of their golf balls, and...

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bcflyguy1' timestamp='1395861672' post='8956747']
Won't be long until Callaway follows suit... which means we as consumers benefit again!
[/quote]
Callaway? Who cares about that. I want Titleist to follow suit. This would allow us to buy Tour Issue Scotty Cameron putters and drop the prices on eBay.
[/quote]

I agree with you. My comment was a little snarky. It was that Callaway follows everything that Taylormade does, both good and bad. Being a fan of Odyssey and Scotty Putters, I'm with you in hoping they all follow suit.
[/quote]

I can't see a Vault from anyone other than TMAG, as they are pretty much the ONLY OEM that really makes vastly different Tour stuff from the retail stuff. The other OEM's, ala Ping, Titleist, Callaway, Mizuno, pretty much offer the same equipment Tour and retail. TMAG is easily the only one that has been doing that consistently for years, albeit decades. Ala the 510TP.

Callaway doesn't offer tour only heads like TM does. V1, V2, V3 etc...On rare occasion maybe. But the really rare tour stuff would be the LH Prototypes for Phil. Nothing much more. And maybe the BBA Pro and BB Pro FW's.
[/quote]

...and different versions of the X Prototype irons (quad dot and so on), and X Forged wedges with conforming grooves, and tour only versions of their golf balls, and...
[/quote]

I listened to that podcast with Every this past week and I'm almost positive when he was talking about the new ball he said "SR3 'star'" which lead me to believe it was the same ball, probably with a different cover for a little more spin.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='bcflyguy1' timestamp='1395861672' post='8956747']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I may be wrong but I thought Callaway started selling "tour only" gear to the public with the Tour Authentic line several years ago. I remember lusting for a FT-5 TH I think it was called. They offered drivers, irons, and putters. If I'm right they were years ahead of TM and everyone else in directly offering "tour only" to the public.

PXG 0811X+ proto 10.5 Aldila NV blue
Cobra F9 3 wood
PING G410 3 hybrid Tensei blue 
Srixon Z585 4-pw Modus 105
PING Glide 2.0 50* KBS Tour
PING Glide 2.0 56* KBS Tour
TM high toe big foot 60*
Scotty Phantom X 5.5
Srixon Zstar

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1395872352' post='8957789']
Don't get me wrong. I live the idea of these putters like Paula and Day. We all know I would be first in line if Nike did this with RORS.

I guess it rubs me wrong when there are 23 of a guys putter at the ready. Unless most tour issue stuff comes in runs that big.
[/quote]

23 were made because his victory over Dubisson in the Match Play took 23 holes. Not just laying around. They made them after the victory. These customs are not made in "batches".

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Niblick has that ATV proto wedge for $105 less than what it is listed at in the Vault...I understand the steep prices but I agree that in return you are getting the guarantee of legit TI clubs what I would hope is great customer service. Great idea and I won't be surprised if some other OEM's follow suit soon.

[quote name='simple36' timestamp='1395874384' post='8957999']
Niblick has that ATC proto wedge for $105 less than what it is listed at in the Vault...I understand the steep prices but I agree that in return you are getting the guarantee of legit TI clubs what I would hope is great customer service. Great idea and I won't be surprised if some other OEM's follow suit soon.
[/quote]

niblick is a good source for tour stuff but, he is selling "head only" wedges. These are clubs from TM, right?

[quote name='2659edward' timestamp='1395880763' post='8958725']
Niblick has that ATC proto wedge for $105 less than what it is listed at in the Vault...I understand the steep prices but I agree that in return you are getting the guarantee of legit TI clubs what I would hope is great customer service. Great idea and I won't be surprised if some other OEM's follow suit soon.
[/quote]

niblick is a good source for tour stuff but, he is selling "head only" wedges. These are clubs from TM, right?
[/quote]
So with niblick you have $105 to spend on ferrules, shaft, and grip. Still ends up being a lot cheaper. As some others have said I would love to see Nike doing something like this but I would also love a Cobra one too. Seems some of these tour issue Cobra drivers and fairways are much harder to find than taylormade tour issue but my goodness are they awesome. Amp Cell Pro fairway is 1000X better than the retail Amp Cell fairway. Now from what I hear they have some special Bio Cell drivers with fade settings and the smaller head size. Cobra if you are listening, please, at least give us a chance to get our hands on these!

Back on topic, I think that this will be a huge sucess for TMAG. With the amount of fanbois there are here on WRX as well as in the general public they should have absolutly no problem selling out pretty much anything they put up in the vault.

[quote name='simple36' timestamp='1395885131' post='8959199']
[/quote]

[/quote]
So with niblick you have $105 to spend on ferrules, shaft, and grip. Still ends up being a lot cheaper. As some others have said I would love to see Nike doing something like this but I would also love a Cobra one too. Seems some of these tour issue Cobra drivers and fairways are much harder to find than taylormade tour issue but my goodness are they awesome. Amp Cell Pro fairway is 1000X better than the retail Amp Cell fairway. Now from what I hear they have some special Bio Cell drivers with fade settings and the smaller head size. Cobra if you are listening, please, at least give us a chance to get our hands on these!

Back on topic, I think that this will be a huge sucess for TMAG. With the amount of fanbois there are here on WRX as well as in the general public they should have absolutly no problem selling out pretty much anything they put up in the vault.
[/quote]

I agree. But, he is the only. Not a lot of them out there. Hopefully TM won't be the only one to make stuff available.

It could be a "huge success" if they start releasing current stuff. I have spoken with some people who are high up with TMAG and they don't really have a lot of interest at the moment with this….it's too small of a market they think. I personally don't agree and if done properly, it could really be a success….just not at the pace I've seen so far….IMO.

TaylorMade gets people to do weird stuff with their tour equipment. Everyone always clamored for heavier driver heads... sub 200 grams was no good. Now they release the lighter tour heads and people want those... good stuff. It's like white to black to white to grey... the white was for better alignment... now that doesn't matter. In 2 years... forward CG won't matter because you want max forgiveness and LOFT DOWN everyone. Good work if you can get it.

It performs year in and year out but there's always something (re)paving the way for the future.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[quote name='xxio' timestamp='1395908254' post='8960229']
Callaway Pre Owned used to have a Tour Spec section with clubs actually for individual pros sold at really good prices considering the shafts etc.
[/quote]
That was all the Tour Authentic stuff that didn't sell at retail or was taken in as trade ins. I remember picking up an FT5 LCG that way.

I for one am looking to pick up the Tour Version of the SLDR that weighs less than the retail one.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 10K, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

Titleist T350 Irons, 4-PW, TT AMT Black R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

[/quote]

[/quote]

the head only saves him on shipping and a prepared or able club builder money as well. I have access to a golfsmith shop, it's just far from my home. but I can go back there and work on my clubs whenever I like, so this method works well for me. it also means I won't have to pull a shaft and re-prep just to put in my shaft. Niblick, if he stays in business, is very reputable and willing to answer questions at all times. his stuff is legit, just a year old or so, but at the price, leads me to believe I will never use the vault. I just built two Stage 2 PROTO Hybrids, with Altus shafts, for less than 120 bux each. That is the TI, TP version that would cost around $270 new. Can't beat Niblick IMO.

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

well they are adding current stuff and something very cool. Jetspeed tour fairway heads!!!

http://vault.taylormadegolf.com/jetspeed-tour-fairway-head/

G430 Max 10K 9* w/Ventus Black 6X

BRNR Mini 13.5* w/Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
TSr3 18* w/Ventus TR Blue 8X

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW w/MMT 125TX

W/S Forged 50* w/DG S400

Mg4 56*, 60* w/DG S400

Tour Spider V DB 
TP5X 24'

[quote name='ksavy17' timestamp='1396481352' post='9006623']
well they are adding current stuff and something very cool. Jetspeed tour fairway heads!!!

http://vault.taylormadegolf.com/jetspeed-tour-fairway-head/
[/quote]

This is sweet I can't wait. Depending on the price I most likely will be buying one of these.

TM R9 460 TP 10.5* Matrix TP7HD X
                TM R9 TP 15* Motore F1 S
                TM TP 19* & 22* Rescue VooDoo S
                TM TP 2009 5-PW Project X 6.0
                WITB Link
                Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant 34"
                TM TP '09 54 & 58

[quote name='xerpro' timestamp='1396360224' post='8993667']
Start selling off that small batch of SFTP Long Hosels...Even if its Brandts personal stash....I will take 2 more...
[/quote]

Better than the SLDR?

PXG 0811X+ proto 10.5 Aldila NV blue
Cobra F9 3 wood
PING G410 3 hybrid Tensei blue 
Srixon Z585 4-pw Modus 105
PING Glide 2.0 50* KBS Tour
PING Glide 2.0 56* KBS Tour
TM high toe big foot 60*
Scotty Phantom X 5.5
Srixon Zstar

I say this not as a Taylormade loyalist but rather someone from the outside looking in as I prefer another manufacturer...however this site, while interesting, seems like they are possibly doing a dis-service to their loyal followers. It seems that they are charging way too much for these products, if there is demand they should offer it at a reasonable price unless the better golfer is not their target market. Other OEM's have offered specialty products for their higher level golfing customers, for instance, the Titleist Hd Hybrid is a custom order only but the same price essentially as their other Hybrids...again designed for better players but not at a higher price point.... Just my two cents...

#TeamTitleist
#TCC
#FJA
#VokeyWedges
Insta: @Chris92009

[quote name='Chris92009' timestamp='1396528584' post='9009807']
I say this not as a Taylormade loyalist but rather someone from the outside looking in as I prefer another manufacturer...however this site, while interesting, seems like they are possibly doing a dis-service to their loyal followers. It seems that they are charging way too much for these products, if there is demand they should offer it at a reasonable price unless the better golfer is not their target market. Other OEM's have offered specialty products for their higher level golfing customers, for instance, the Titleist Hd Hybrid is a custom order only but the same price essentially as their other Hybrids...again designed for better players but not at a higher price point.... Just my two cents...
[/quote]

Demand + extremely limited supply = higher price

The 913Hd, while a special order, is available in greater quantities than the stuff being sold on the Vault.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

[url="http://vault.taylormadegolf.com/jetspeed-tour-fairway-head/"]http://vault.taylorm...r-fairway-head/[/url]
[/quote]

That right there is a good idea, so long as they don't try and fetch $500/head.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1396533047' post='9010379']

[url="http://vault.taylormadegolf.com/jetspeed-tour-fairway-head/"]http://vault.taylorm...r-fairway-head/[/url]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'd bet they are $250, head only. I wouldn't pay it....but people will.

[quote name='xerpro' timestamp='1396360224' post='8993667']
Start selling off that small batch of SFTP Long Hosels...Even if its Brandts personal stash....I will take 2 more...
[/quote]

I have a SFTP Long Hosel 10.5 just hanging around. Great driver

Titleist Tsr2 9* / TPT Power 17Lo
Titleist Tsr3 15* / Ventus OG blue 7s

Callaway UW 21* / Fujikura motore VC 8s 
Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW / C taper r 110
Titleist SM9 raw 50.54.58 LZ 5.5
Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

[quote name='bcflyguy1' timestamp='1396530772' post='9010081']
[quote name='Chris92009' timestamp='1396528584' post='9009807']
[/quote]

Demand + extremely limited supply = higher price

The 913Hd, while a special order, is available in greater quantities than the stuff being sold on the Vault.
[/quote]

Agreed! Plus, it's niche market stuff. People who want something rare or unique will pay a premium for that. If the prices are too high for you, that's fine, nobody is making you purchase the items.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

[quote name='UGABMC398' timestamp='1396538303' post='9011105']
[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1396533047' post='9010379']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'd bet they are $250, head only. I wouldn't pay it....but people will.
[/quote]

It's pretty sexy looking...don't know about $250+ sexy....maybe $249.99 sexy? :good: [size=4] [/size]
Seriously though, if it's sub $200, I'll have a hard time not snagging one...

Jeremiah 29:11