The $5000 TaylorMade SLDR Guarantee - 20 GolfWRXers. 4 Locations. Details here!

Handicap: 2.3
Reason why you should attend: My entire game depends on how I play off the tee. I've pretty much settled on every club in my bag, but the driver gets the most turnover. That said, my current driver is the best and most consistent I've ever hit. Finally feel somewhat confident over the big dog, but "somewhat confident" isn't truly "confident." I've always had high spin with my driver. I can't get rid of it and am willing to try anything to gain some consistency.
Current driver set-up: PING Anser 9.5 'Ahina X, set to "+" (0.5 closed and 0.5 up, but have not had it measured to verify actual loft).

SLDR 460 9.5* Oban Kyoshi White 65-05
SLDR TP 14* 'Ahina 70x
SLDR TP 19* Motore Speeder 9.8HB
MR-23 CB US Spec 4-PW TC x1 soft stepped
Vokey SM 4 52*, TVD-K 56 & 60
Circa '62 No. 2 raw, ProV1x

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: 14ish . . . don't have an official HC[/size]. I have only been golfing for just over a year.
[*][size=4]Location: San Diego, CA[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: I've never been fit for a golf club of any kind, so I think it would be a really cool experience![/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up:[/size] Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Tour 9*
[/list]

Handicap: 10

Reason: I had an SLDR 9.5* turned up to 11*. Upgraded the shaft to GD Tour AD and couldn't hardly get the ball in the air. Played three rounds with it then demoed the new Big Bertha 9* with stock shaft. Hit it way better than SLDR. Sold the SLDR on ebay and bought the bertha. I am not convinced at all that this is the best driver on the market. I was fooled by the TM marketing staff but I am willing to be proven otherwise.

Current set up: Callaway Big Berth 9* stock Fubuki shaft

Ping G30 (10.5) Tour AD MT 6
Cally razr fit xtreme 15*
S55 4-PW modus3 120s
Mizuno mp t4 50* 54*
Titleist SM 60*
Ping redwood anser

Index: 10.4

Reason: I tried the SLDR last fall and was underwhelmed. I just purchased a Bg Bertha Alpha with my favorite shaft and it definitely is a high launch/low spin driver. I am open to try the SLDR again (particularly the 12 degree) to see if "Loft Up" is the real deal.

Present Driver: Big Bertha Alpha with Graphite Design AD DI 6S shaft - playing at 45.75

[quote name='Golf64' timestamp='1395489944' post='8924257']
As usual, probably not open to Canadians!? Seems there are a lot on here, but never seem to qualify for anything on here?! But nothing ventured, nothing gained?!

[size=4]Handicap: 4[/size][list]
[*][size=4]Location: an hour from Detroit in Ontario Canada[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: TM is all about marketing. Over the yrs. I have hit dozens of drivers, and yes some TM. I hit them all the same distance. All OEMs make claims, but they are all the same distance for me. Just and different paint job from yr. to yr.[/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: Don't play one. Hit 3 wood off the tee. Drivers are north of $400, not worth the extra 30 yrds. Convince me TM I should carry a SLDR![/size]
[/list]
[/quote]
Okay got to respond to this one. You don't think being 2 and a half clubs closer to the green is worth $400, and your a 4 handicap? Hmmm something sounds a little fishy to me there. Besides I got my Nike Vr Pro limited brand new of ebay for $150 so you don't need to spend $400 for those extra 30 yards.

Thanks for the greatest contests!

Handicap - 7

Location - NW corner of NC

Reason why I I am a sceptic - I am not sure how a club can be any longer now thank just a few seasons ago. I feel like driver distances are "maxed out". I would buy this driver for the looks alone if it looked like theJDM SLDR

Current set-up - Tour issue SuperTri with Project X Black 6.5.

TM / Titleist / Machine
WITB Link

[size=4]Handicap: 2.3[/size]

[size=4]Location: NW Ohio[/size]

[size=4]Reason why you should attend: I've taken just a few swings with the SLDR, so I didn't get a good chance to give a real shot. I always buy TM drivers, because they feel and play the best for me. However, since I wasn't able to use the R11s adapter for the SLDR, I kind of wrote it off. I didn't want to go through the trouble of putting a new tip on my Whiteboard. So here is TM's chance to [/size]show me why it is worth it for me to make the switch by having me put it up head to head with my R11s.

[size=4]Current driver set-up:[/size] 10.5* R11s with 63G Diamana Whiteboard

[list]
[*]Handicap: ~10
[/list]
[list]
[*]Location: Stevens Point, WI
[/list]
[list]
[*]Reason why you should attend: First off, I think the great majority of golfers need more forgiveness, not more distance. The SLDR just doesn't provide the forgiveness that most golfers (myself included) need from a club that they are going to be hitting 250+ yards. This would best be accomplished, in my opinion, by shortening stock shaft options to 45" and lower and returning the COG to a point further back in the club head. Secondly, when I was able to hit it (stock setup, 9.5* was the only lefty option available between 3 local retailers) it was not only 10-15 yards shorter on average than my current setup, it also felt [i]terrible.[/i] Even on perfectly struck shots. I like to describe it like putting a can of corn on the end of a stick. Feel is a very personal and subjective thing, however.
[/list]
[list]
[*]Current driver set-up: Adams Super LS 9.5*, Diamana Blueboard 73x5ct Stiff (tipped 1/2"), 44" playing length
[/list]

DRIVER........Ping G430 Max 10K 9*
FAIRWAY........Ping G430 Max 5W
HYBRID........Ping G410 3H 
IRONS........Ping i210 4-U
WEDGES........Ping Glide 3.0 54* SS, 58* Eye2
PUTTER........Odyssey White Hot Versa Twelve-S
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/955611-hawk3y3s-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Handicap- 5
Location- Baltimore, Maryland
Reason- I own an R1 black, and I feel the SLDR is no better than the R1. I think the sliding weight is a gimmick and if it was really worth much, the mizuno fast track would have caught on years ago. I have not yet gone out to hit the SLDR, but based on initial impressions, it just seems like marketing hype. I like a low spin driver, but Every year they promise lower and more forward COG, and I have yet to see game changing distance. I like that they went back to black, but I just don't buy the new technology.
Current setup- R1 Black stiff stock RIP Phenom

Handicap-4
Location- Miami, Florida
Reason- I have a fitted low spinning driver shaft combo and a 105+mph swing and because my spin rate is in the high 3000's (like 3800ish) I've lost a solid 20 yards. If the SLDR is for real then prove it to me.
Current Setup- Adams 9064LS Fubuki Tour x73.

[b]Titleist /b] TSR2 11* Ventus TR Red 6X
[b]Titleist[/b] TSR2 16.5* GD AD DI-7X
[b]Ping[/b] g410 19* GD AD DI-85x 
[b]Titleist[/b] t100 4-7 620 MB 8-9 C-Taper S+
[b]Titleist [/b]SM6, 7 & 9  46 F 50* F, 54* S, 58* M

Scotty X5
Taylormade Spider Tour Red
Nike Method 001

[color="#282828"]What an awesome concept of a testing procedure![/color]

[color=#282828]Handicap: +2.4[/color]
[color=#282828]Location: Phx, AZ[/color]
[color=#282828]Reason why you should attend: I fight high spin rates due to a slightly steep attack angle. Adding loft (in my head) would seem to increase my spin, resulting in less carry and less over all distance. I have not tried a SLDR but feel the high loft concept couldn't be for advanced golfers with my steeper swing type. While I would enjoy being proven differently, the LOFT UP campaign seems to be a far [/color][color="#282828"]stretch for a new marketing slogan that hadn't been tried yet. I also am skeptical as to ***actual lofts*** that the tour pros' SLDR heads are digitally set to, not just printed for marketing's sake. [/color]
[color=#282828]Current driver set-up: Varies [/color][color="#282828"]between a Ping WRX built G25 with a tipped Ahina 60x and an Adams 9064LS with a 63x whiteboard. [/color]

R15 - fuji fuel x
txxx Stage3- fuji fuel x
MP-33 black oxide ti x100
52,56,60 sm5- ctaper s+
SuperRat

[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: Dont have one, but probably would be high since im still trying to break into the 90's. [/size]
[*][size=4]Location: bonsall, ca[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: Wondering if the SLDR would even work for us folk who have higher scores. [/size]Plus I could drive to the carlsbad location saving costs!
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up:[/size] amp cell regular flex mitsubishi diamana white board.
[/list]

[color=#282828]
Handicap: 4
Reason I should attend: I've only tried the SLDR once and I felt it severely lacked forgiveness, overall feel and shorter than my 913 (which isn't that long). I've always had a so-so experience with TM drivers.
Current driver set up: Titleist 913 D2, 9.5 with AD DI 6S[/color]

Handicap:10
Reason: I have Never played a Taylormade club. Ive never wanted to chase the latest technology from Taylormade that seems to get muddied in seemingly constant new releases. There is comfort in knowing that when I buy a Titleist club that I'll have their latest and greatest for 2 years. I also don't believe that club technology moves at the pace of TM releases... lots of marketing IMO. Prove me wrong...
Current Setup: Titleist 913 w Whiteboard 73x

Thanks for another awesome opportunity

Handicap - 6

Location - anywhere -I'm outside Chicago

Reason - I'm not a high spin high launch player so I'm curious if low spin will perform for me. I have not been a TM user as I didn't care for the feel or notice any distance gains in the past. I'd love the opportunity to test the the club in an unbiased basis and see if it works for me. Driver for me is my weakness and feel with the right fit my game would take a huge leap by at least 3 strokes.

Current driver - ping g20 with ilima

G400 Max Ad DI 7
M3 15 degree Tensei Blue
Srixon H45 19 hybrid Tour spec 8.8
Srixon Z 565/765 Nippon 125
Vokey Forged 50F, 54M, 60J Nippon 125
Scotty Cameron X7M

Handicap: 5

Reason: I have a few issues with TM marketing. It feels like they release a new driver every 6-8 months. Being enlisted in the military doesn't provide enough money to update clubs at a decent rate. I have hit the RBZ and although it was long, it was not nearly as predictable. I have not hit the SLDR and honestly I doubt I will. I am fairly loyal to titleist for woods and mizuno for irons.

Current Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with MFT ahina 72x

Another great event for TMAG. Thanks Again.

Handi - +0.1

Location - 1 hour from Reynolds plantation(save on airfare) - Thomson, GA

Reason - I actually believe in the loft up and less spin that TMAG is stating. I cant seem to be properly fit for a driver that launches high enough wo adding a ton of spin. HELP

Current 1 Wood - Ping G25. 9.7 digital loft. open to 10.2. Stock TFC tour X flex. 45 inches finished from Ping.

HANDICAP - 5.6
LOCATION - Rhode Island
REASON - I am concerned about moving the CG forward as this will increase distance but it seems to me this may produce greater dispersion.
CURRENT SETUP - RBZ Tour TP 9* Matrix HD6 X - Flex

Driver - TaylorMade M2 2017 - 9.5°
Fairway - TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood - 14.5°
Hybrid - TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood - 19°
Irons - PING i15 - 4 - PW / UW
Wedges - Taylormade MG2 54° / Hi Toe 58°
Putter - Cameron Newport 2 custom

HCP: 8

REASON: I am somewhat skeptical of the distance gains vs. how forgiving the driver is. I may be able to hit it long but can it really kill the spin and allow me to hit the ball straighter? I just don't know.

DRIVER: I switch between a Bridgestone J40 430 w/PX 6.0 shaft at 44.25" and a Callaway 3DEEP w/YS-6 X-Stiff shaft.

Thanks!

Mavrik Sub Zero 8* AD DI 6X

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 13.5*

Callaway Apex UW 17* AD DI 7X

Callaway Apex UT 2 iron  Smoke Black

Sub 70 TC raw 4-pw  KBS 120 Black
Taylormade Hi-Toe 52 and 58

Odyssey 7s Stroke Lab

Handicap - 4.9
Location - Central NY
Reason - I haven't played a TM club since the original Burner in the late 80's. Over the past 10 years or so I've tried a few TM drivers but just don't seem to get a good 'feel' from the clubs. Last attempt was an RBZ Stage 2. Clunk. Sorry.
Current Setup - 913D3 10.5 with Diamana D+ 72X

handicap: mini tour pro but last played off +4.5
reason: due to my high swing speed (120+ mph) it if very difficult for me to have a consistent driver that performs well. I cant get fit at normal retailers.
current driver set up: callaway big bertha alpha pro 8.5° set to 7.5° with diamana ahina 80x

[list]
[*]Handicap: 10.6 GHIN
[*]Location: TULSA OK
[*]Reason why you should attend: I HAVE OWNED TMAG EQUIP IN THE PAST, BUT HAVE SHIFTED ALL OF IT OUT OF MY BAG. DONT LIKE THEIR MARKETING AND MOST OF THEIR CLUBS UNDERPERFORM AND ARE WORTHLESS 3 MONTHS AFTER PURCHASE.
[*]Current driver set-up: TITLEIST 913 9.5 W/ DIAMANA STIFF 70G
[/list]

Handicap: 5
Reason I should attend: I am in need of a new driver that will fit my game. I have a high swing speed and need something that fits it, but I struggle to trust new equipment will help.
Current driver: 9 degree King cobra ss 350 with dynamic gold x300

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

Handicap: +.5

Reason why you should attend: I haven't looked at a Taylor made driver since the super quad. Every TM driver I have hit since then has hit nothing but ballooning spinners. They have been unplayable for me and for that reason, I haven't considered owning one.

Current driver set-up: Ping Anser 8.5* w/Ahina 80xx shaft. 45.25".

Titleist 917 D3 8.5* (C1), GD Tour AD IZ 7tx <br /><br /><br /> Ping G400 14.5, GD Tour AD DI 8tx<br /><br /><br /> Titleist 718 TMB 2-iron, Tour AD DI <br /><br /><br /> Ping S55 4-PW, KBS Ctaper 125 S+<br /><br /><br /> PING Nome TR, 35" slight arc<br /><br /><br /> Ping Glide Stealth 50ss, 54ss, 60es

Handicap: +2.3

Reason why you should attend: I really don't think the loft up campaign is truthful based on numbers I have seen on tour. Had a bad experience with TM a few years ago and I vowed to myself that I would never give Taylormade my hard earned money again. I haven't even hit a Taylormade club since 2008 because I was so disgusted with my experience. I would love to put the Taylormade name to the test once and for all for my own peace of mind.

Current driver set-up: Callaway Razr Fit Extreme 9.5* set to open setting with Diamana Ilima 70x tipped 1.25" finished length 44.75".
Last Trackman session: average of 5 balls
SS 126 mph
BallSpeed 185 mph
launch 11*
spin 2700 rpm
Carry 315 yards
Total 333 yards

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: 13[/size]
[*][size=4]Location: Milwaukee WI[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: If me mallet is good enough for the King of the Scots, then it is good enough for me. Come on and impress me TM![/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: Adams Fast 12 LS 9.5 glued version, Graphite Design P9003[/size]
[/list]