2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

New MIURA CB57

jmcdonald

I'm curious , what swing weight did your Miuras end up at?

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G430 21 Fairway , Tensei AV Raw Blue 65

Ping G430 5 Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have c taper r+ in mine at 1/4 decade mids. Mine are d4. They are fantastic. First set of clubs I would get another set of heads for back ups. Any miura really is an exceptional club. Your going to love em. There is nothing I have given up with miura irons. The feel and the feedback in the hands is unique and second to none.

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1421931631' post='10796433']
[quote name='Tzoid' timestamp='1421891232' post='10794363']
I'm curious , what swing weight did your Miuras end up at?
[/quote]Miura iron heads tend to be a bit heavier than most. Mine were initially d3.5, but had them cut down 1/4" and are now d1.5 -d2
[/quote]

Mine will be ready to be picked up tomorrow so I will post how they turned out. I went + 1/2" with Nippon Modus 3 120 shafts.

I'm stoked.

Ping G430 5 Hybrid

Titleist Pro V1x

Well Tzoid, how did you sleep last night?? Something about a new set of irons will make a grown man feel like a kid again. Post some pictures.

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

It's the last day of the Fiscal quarter for work so I have been slammed but I am anticipating the call from my club builder. I also had him put a GD AD-DI shaft in my Ping G25 so the snowy cold weather has me spending money anticipating warmer weather for golf. I booked a trip to Tampa February 7-14 so the new Irons will get some play.

Thanks for the feed back

Ping G430 5 Hybrid

Titleist Pro V1x

When I had my set, they were D4 at standard length.

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

My CB-2007 Miura Irons came in at a Swing weight of D3.5 at + 1/2" Nippon Modus3 120S GP Decade MC grips.

IMG_2775_zpsshhrrlal.jpg

Ping G430 5 Hybrid

Titleist Pro V1x

I Recently had the opportunity to try the 57s out whilst I was on holiday in Hawaii .
In fact there's not an enormous amount of Miura available to try over here in Australia .
I ventured to the Aloha Golf Centre and was able to sample every Miura iron that I was interested in .
BBs , MB001s & CB57s .
Don't get me wrong as I love my Passing Point 9003 SNs but I wanted to try something slightly more playeresque in scoring irons .
Firstly a big shout out to Derek for babysitting me ! When I went I had just arrived off a plane from Sydney so to say I was jet lagged was putting it mildly and Derek was really great to deal with .
I loved the feel of the BBs but knew they wouldn't be able to provide me with the forgiveness that I'm after .
Likewise with the MB001s but they were surprisingly easy to hit for a blade !
The CB57s were everything I was after !
They feel fantastic . Soft but precise . I really knew that I was hitting a smaller head than PP Straight Necks . The Straight Necks have a nice soft feel where the ball really melts into the face but with the CB57s you can really feel the weight bar when you hit it right out of the button & I believe ( for myself anyway ) that's what gives the CB57s such a precise , deliberate feel about them .
I've had some time to think about it and I'm sure that I will be adding a 7 - PW of CB57s to my set to combo my PP 9003 SNs .
Also had the chance to meet Pittbull whilst I was at Aloha Golf Centre . Great to talk Miura with him and let's just say I will be eagerly looking forward to his next review !
I'm sure you all can guess what it will be !

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
Yamada Shogun

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1420717681' post='10707437']
[quote name='Tzoid' timestamp='1420690344' post='10706489']
I spoke with my local Miura dealer about the CB57's and getting a fitting set up in the spring and I have to say I was a little shocked by the $ 275 per club price tag he quoted me. I think I'm going to have to consider the Miura Giken offerings and have them built by my guy.
[/quote]That is steep
[/quote]if you want to be " the guy" with custom stuff than I guess.....but it's not going to do anything other clubs won't do.....if you have money to burn why not but if you think it's going to change your game it wont

I have hit them and they're nice sticks but too much money for me.....mine wotk just as good

[quote name='dunn' timestamp='1422667594' post='10853117']
I spoke with my local Miura dealer about the CB57's and getting a fitting set up in the spring and I have to say I was a little shocked by the $ 275 per club price tag he quoted me. I think I'm going to have to consider the Miura Giken offerings and have them built by my guy.
[/quote]That is steep
[/quote]if you want to be " the guy" with custom stuff than I guess.....but it's not going to do anything other clubs won't do.....if you have money to burn why not but if you think it's going to change your game it wont

I have hit them and they're nice sticks but too much money for me.....mine wotk just as good
[/quote]

It is possible to just enjoy something you know. I agree that I personally wouldn't buy new miura either, but I did drop $1150 on lightly used baby blades and it was money well spent for me considering they are technically my most favorite clubs ever (emotionally is my mp14s) and I am fortunate enough that I can afford to play them. He shared pics of the clubs he wound up getting so I don't understand the need to make this post after that and honestly even before it. There seems to be more people that have preconceived notions of people with "certain" clubs in their bag on here than people that own those clubs actually being that way.

Dude got some nice sticks, he is and should be stoked about it. No need to tell him that they don't do anything different than other clubs (although I would argue all clubs have a little bit of individual personality), he likely knows that and wants them for the enjoyment of getting from point A to B and even though he knows he can do that with many things, he chose these and is rightfully excited.

Amen. Each brand had a little of its own characteristics as do the various models of that brand. Many owners of JDM equipment, as I, enjoy the quality and longevity of the models. Many US brands come out with new clubs once if not twice a year. This frequency kills the resale value of the clubs. JDM brands usually stick with a new model for a few to many years, thus maintaining their value.

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1422678500' post='10854315']
[quote name='dunn' timestamp='1422667594' post='10853117']
[/quote]That is steep

[/quote]

It is possible to just enjoy something you know. I agree that I personally wouldn't buy new miura either, but I did drop $1150 on lightly used baby blades and it was money well spent for me considering they are technically my most favorite clubs ever (emotionally is my mp14s) and I am fortunate enough that I can afford to play them. He shared pics of the clubs he wound up getting so I don't understand the need to make this post after that and honestly even before it. There seems to be more people that have preconceived notions of people with "certain" clubs in their bag on here than people that own those clubs actually being that way.

Dude got some nice sticks, he is and should be stoked about it. No need to tell him that they don't do anything different than other clubs (although I would argue all clubs have a little bit of individual personality), he likely knows that and wants them for the enjoyment of getting from point A to B and even though he knows he can do that with many things, he chose these and is rightfully excited.
[/quote]

Well said Bigmean !

Yamada Shogun

My CB-2007 Miura Irons came in at a Swing weight of D3.5 at + 1/2" Nippon Modus3 120S GP Decade MC grips.

IMG_2775_zpsshhrrlal.jpg

Nice sticks Mate .

I've never seen the CB-2007 .

How are they working out for you ?

Yamada Shogun

The snow is on the ground here but I'm going to Tampa Saturday for a week of golf. I will let you know. They set up really nice :)

Ping G430 5 Hybrid

Titleist Pro V1x

[quote name='Tzoid' timestamp='1422914674' post='10870715']
The snow is on the ground here but I'm going to Tampa Saturday for a week of golf. I will let you know. They set up really nice :)
[/quote]
Thought you might've been able to hit em on a LM indoors somewhere .
Have an awesome time in Tampa .
Am betting you're gonna love em !

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='ahbot' timestamp='1423008959' post='10879439']
I just ordered myself a set. I should have them by Thursday and hopefully built by this weekend.
[/quote]
That's awesome man , congratulations on taking the plunge .
Is this your first set of Miuras ?
Am really looking forward to hearing how they are with the KBS Tour V .
Please keep us updated and post up some photos when you get them .

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1423047587' post='10881851']
[quote name='ahbot' timestamp='1423008959' post='10879439']
I just ordered myself a set. I should have them by Thursday and hopefully built by this weekend.
[/quote]
That's awesome man , congratulations on taking the plunge .
Is this your first set of Miuras ?
Am really looking forward to hearing how they are with the KBS Tour V .
Please keep us updated and post up some photos when you get them .
[/quote]

This is my 5th set of miuras. I had the 501s on 3 separate occasions and the MB 001 towards the end of last year. I believe my MB 001s are currently being sold on the BST. Lol.

As for the Tour Vs, they are great shafts. I had them in my MB 001 and I got good results. I sold them off for something more forgiving but I should have kept them. I'm hoping the new CBs are going to be the answer.

Always Changing!!!

This is my 4th set of Miura's. I've gone through 3 sets of '07 Tourney Blades before going to a CB (J40). I was already playing the '57 wedges and figured I'd give the irons an honest run. If I didn't like 'em (always a possibility) I could build another set of J40's and live happily ever after. I was able to score a set of ORA Proto's (I've always been a X100 guy) and had Chip build me a 3-P. They're as good as what everyone's already mentioned. I can't tell much difference between the TB's and the 57's except the 57 is more "user-friendly" and therefore forgiving. They seem to have a little more bounce although eh spec sheet doesn't confirm that. The 57 seems to me a softer yet solid head than the J40 and the best Miura CB I've tried. I just hope I can get a longer life expectancy from them than I did with the TB's.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

I can see why guys are on their 3rd, 4th or 5th set of miuras. It isn't like you couldn't play mizuno or bridgestone and be happy, but the miura impact of soft and dense is pretty neat. Not much reason to keep searching for better. I want to hit some of their cbs for fun. Sounds like they are not overly CB like in feel.

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1423088405' post='10885527']
I can see why guys are on their 3rd, 4th or 5th set of miuras. It isn't like you couldn't play mizuno or bridgestone and be happy, but the miura impact of soft and dense is pretty neat. Not much reason to keep searching for better. I want to hit some of their cbs for fun. Sounds like they are not overly CB like in feel.
[/quote]imo the miura cb's feel as good as the blades. The 501 when pured was no different than a mb001 when pured IMO.

The cb 57's feel different than both the 501's and mb001 though. A very unique hefty sensation at impact.

Oomph describes the 57's.

@therealping

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1423092582' post='10885957']
[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1423088405' post='10885527']
[/quote]imo the miura cb's feel as good as the blades. The 501 when pured was no different than a mb001 when pured IMO.

The cb 57's feel different than both the 501's and mb001 though. A very unique hefty sensation at impact.

Oomph describes the 57's.
[/quote]
Love a bit of Oomph in an iron !

Yamada Shogun