(Football) Soccer thread (English Premier League, Champions League)

apple_crumble

I am ready! As an Arsenal fan, I am carefully optimistic about the season. I know that if I get my hopes up, the team will go to absolute shite by January and be completely out of the title hunt, and will be trying to settle for top four again.

I just wish they would figure out this Sanchez drama. I want him to stay, but also don't want to see him walk for free next summer. I think he's a great player, but his attitude during the summer (perceived) has left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure that if he stays he will play hard to increase his worth to someone else, so I'm not worried about that, I just want someone playing for us that wants to be there.

I am ready! As an Arsenal fan, I am carefully optimistic about the season. I know that if I get my hopes up, the team will go to absolute shite by January and be completely out of the title hunt, and will be trying to settle for top four again.

I just wish they would figure out this Sanchez drama. I want him to stay, but also don't want to see him walk for free next summer. I think he's a great player, but his attitude during the summer (perceived) has left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure that if he stays he will play hard to increase his worth to someone else, so I'm not worried about that, I just want someone playing for us that wants to be there.

As starts go....wow!!! Heart attack footy for the supporters of both clubs, but christ what friggin entertainment!

As starts go....wow!!! Heart attack footy for the supporters of both clubs, but christ what friggin entertainment!

Yeah, it was a great game and a good way to start the season. I liked the fight the gunners showed to get back into it.

Yeah, it was a great game and a good way to start the season. I liked the fight the gunners showed to get back into it.

Was good as the golf went off for that thunder storm..... Hope the scousers get beat this lunchtime!

3-3....blimey!!! What a start to season ha ha

Unbelievable first game and it carried over today. I hope Sergio Aguerro keeps scoring for City. Great to see Rooney score back at Everton. So many great moments today.

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

Unbelievable first game and it carried over today. I hope Sergio Aguerro keeps scoring for City. Great to see Rooney score back at Everton. So many great moments today.

Yep, glad for Rooney. Was so good for us for so long, and I was delighted he went back home. And hammering the hammers, lovely start to season!

Helluva start to the season, red cards getting handed out like it's nobodies business!

Another 9 months of this would be great!

If I could watch Chelsea get red cards all season I'd be so happy

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

Helluva start to the season, red cards getting handed out like it's nobodies business!

Another 9 months of this would be great!

If I could watch Chelsea get red cards all season I'd be so happy

A fee more today would be good....interesting to see how spurs to at Wembley this season because their record there is woeful! Also if it's not full it can be a dead atmosphere as Wembley is that big

^^^ I never got to watch the game but it looked like it was pretty close so maybe they are on the right track?

If harry Kane isn't firing spurs will struggle....they need a really good forward before next week or spurs won't make top 4

That's a fair point... even if they do get another good forward they may still struggle to make top 4 this season given the whole Wembley scenario.

Shaping up to be an interesting season 2 weeks in!

Titleist 910D3 9.5°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

Apparently arsenal have asked city for sterling + cash for sanchez. seems like a 100% no brainer for city. I get sterling is younger and all, but he has been used as a sub mostly and despite hitting winning goal saturday he was very sub par. depending on the level of cash i hope city fire!

As for arsenal, its tough to say they should punt on the season after 3 games, but they were baaaaaad. 4-0 seemed the best outcome for arsenal, for is crazy to say. They should get younger with sterling, add some cash to the coffers for january and next summer, and start to rebuild the squad under a new manager next season. not an arsenal fan but thats my feeling on where they should go!

Apparently arsenal have asked city for sterling + cash for sanchez. seems like a 100% no brainer for city. I get sterling is younger and all, but he has been used as a sub mostly and despite hitting winning goal saturday he was very sub par. depending on the level of cash i hope city fire!

As for arsenal, its tough to say they should punt on the season after 3 games, but they were baaaaaad. 4-0 seemed the best outcome for arsenal, for is crazy to say. They should get younger with sterling, add some cash to the coffers for january and next summer, and start to rebuild the squad under a new manager next season. not an arsenal fan but thats my feeling on where they should go!

Arsenal are in total disarray... Wegner is the problem, just doesn't respect the opposition and plays open attacking football. It's suicide and boy they're in for more drubbings this season.....but it's funny, and if you want a laugh you must watch some arsenal fan TV they're in meltdown!!

It could have been 5 - 0 or even 6 - 0, Cech made some crucial saves... it was hard to watch and I'm not even an Arsenal fan, they really have to change something otherwise I think they could be in for a loooong season.

Titleist 910D3 9.5°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

It could have been 5 - 0 or even 6 - 0, Cech made some crucial saves... it was hard to watch and I'm not even an Arsenal fan, they really have to change something otherwise I think they could be in for a loooong season.

I am an Arsenal fan, and it was gut wrenching to watch. It looked as if no one cared at all.

Now the transfer window shuts and nothing was done, but offloading some outlying players. I think its going to be a long disappointing season, and the only way anything changes is if Wenger gets sacked.

To win the prem league you have to have a really strong spine. Wenger hasn't replaced the Adams, keowns, vieiras berkamps or Henry. He's bought tippy tappy shite. There are so many games and so little time for recovery that you need a really strong spine / nucleus of which he's failed to build in the last 10years. They should have f***** him off 5years ago. However I find it hilarious and anything that pisses piers knobhead Morgan off will do for me ?

To win the prem league you have to have a really strong spine. Wenger hasn't replaced the Adams, keowns, vieiras berkamps or Henry. He's bought tippy tappy shite. There are so many games and so little time for recovery that you need a really strong spine / nucleus of which he's failed to build in the last 10years. They should have f***** him off 5years ago. However I find it hilarious and anything that pisses piers knobhead Morgan off will do for me ?

I did find his tweet of....we use to have 2 rottweilers in the middle called petit and veria, now we've got a pair of poodles...quite funny and spot on

• 1 month later...

Billion dollar bus parking at anfield yesterday. Always the same. I hated fergie, but repescted him massively. Jose, just a bus parking wanker :). Not even in the same league as busby fergie paisley or shanks.

You could see the genuine warmth between dalglish and fergie yesterday. About time they gave Kenny a knighthood, however why be a knight when you are a king.

I know scruffy will probably disagree with the first part ?

Billion dollar bus parking at anfield yesterday. Always the same. I hated fergie, but repescted him massively. Jose, just a bus parking wanker :). Not even in the same league as busby fergie paisley or shanks.

You could see the genuine warmth between dalglish and fergie yesterday. About time they gave Kenny a knighthood, however why be a knight when you are a king.

I know scruffy will probably disagree with the first part ?

Can't disagree really, I've got eyes! But it's what Jose does and it delivers titles. But fergies done it in the past and so did houllier, something klopp needs to realise. In the end it was crap, end of and for the supporters you just don't want to lose this game...especially if you're a manc or scouser.

On Kenny, you're right after what he did after Hillsborough... But in 89 that b**** thatcher was pm and footy was in the mud so a knighthood wasn't going to happen. But it might soon I think, same for nobby stiles before we lose these utter legends forever

• 1 month later...