(Football) Soccer thread (English Premier League, Champions League)

apple_crumble

[quote name='chrisgilly09' timestamp='1449971093' post='12713162']
Shocking stuff, I said it a week ago ^ and my opinion obviously hasnt changed. Giggs in the interim just because Ancelotti may still be available should Ryan not perform well enough or Pep is gone to city
[/quote]
Got all excited on Sunday evening when social media went nuts saying van gaal had walked.......short lived as it was a hacked account! But I would get ancelotti in now, giggs isn't the answer at all! United still must get top 4, have the fa cup to play for and europa league.......but I can't stand another 6 months of this van gaal dross

[quote name='Sira' timestamp='1450441922' post='12735020']
Mourinho sacked! This is insane, with Guus Hiddink rumored to be a temp manager at Chelsea, and Pep Guardiola rumored to leave Bayern for either City and United, EPL manager seats are turning into a game of switcheroo!
[/quote]
Rumour is that pep is Chelsea bound, family only want London.....God's knows why? People who live here don't want to go anywhere near London, yet players from abroad think it's something special! It's not, much nicer places to live I.e. around Manchester, Cheshire etc

[quote name='scruffynick' timestamp='1450449594' post='12735340']
[quote name='Sira' timestamp='1450441922' post='12735020']
Mourinho sacked! This is insane, with Guus Hiddink rumored to be a temp manager at Chelsea, and Pep Guardiola rumored to leave Bayern for either City and United, EPL manager seats are turning into a game of switcheroo!
[/quote]
Rumour is that pep is Chelsea bound, family only want London.....God's knows why? People who live here don't want to go anywhere near London, yet players from abroad think it's something special! It's not, much nicer places to live I.e. around Manchester, Cheshire etc
[/quote]
Right, i have a ton of friends going to the UK for university- many in London: Kings', Imperial, LSE, etc, and the general consensus is that London is great if you are a tourist, not so much if you want a long stay. But maybe it's different between university/grad students and family members of a highly-paid coaches.

Watford at least gave me something to smile about after this weekend... This is just shocking from United no other way to describe it.

The way Leceister are going I actually hope they win the league, gotta love the underdog!

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

[quote name='Jonesy' timestamp='1450691478' post='12746184']
Watford at least gave me something to smile about after this weekend... This is just shocking from United no other way to describe it.

The way Leceister are going I actually hope they win the league, gotta love the underdog!
[/quote]
Hear hear.......loads didn't come out for the 2nd half on Saturday it's that miserable. The life has been sucked out of the club. When the 2nd goal went in I just resigned myself, wasn't even angry just went home and had a drink with the wife! Christ Xmas shopping at the Trafford centre is more appealing than watching United at the moment

[quote name='scruffynick' timestamp='1450716734' post='12747298']

[/quote]
Hear hear.......loads didn't come out for the 2nd half on Saturday it's that miserable. The life has been sucked out of the club. When the 2nd goal went in I just resigned myself, wasn't even angry just went home and had a drink with the wife! Christ Xmas shopping at the Trafford centre is more appealing than watching United at the moment
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more, I don't get excited about watching United anymore and it's not because they aren't winning everything like they used to but because their football is boring. Honestly I'm getting more enjoyment out of watching the other teams, heck even the swansea v west ham game was fairly exciting and that was a 0 - 0 draw! Something has to be done at United.

Arsenal came through with a nice win last night, I wouldn't put it past them to take the title this year.

Titleist 910D3 9.5°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

[quote name='Jonesy' timestamp='1450771289' post='12750628']

[/quote]
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more, I don't get excited about watching United anymore and it's not because they aren't winning everything like they used to but because their football is boring. Honestly I'm getting more enjoyment out of watching the other teams, heck even the swansea v west ham game was fairly exciting and that was a 0 - 0 draw! Something has to be done at United.

Arsenal came through with a nice win last night, I wouldn't put it past them to take the title this year.
[/quote]
Team they looked very good last night, will take some beating. To be honest, if arsenal don't win it this year they'll never will! No news on van gaal.....all I get is the board are split, which means van gaal has a little longer! But stoke away on boxing day, yikes hardly easy!

[quote name='scruffynick' timestamp='1450801301' post='12751654']
[quote name='Jonesy' timestamp='1450771289' post='12750628']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Team they looked very good last night, will take some beating. To be honest, if arsenal don't win it this year they'll never will! No news on van gaal.....all I get is the board are split, which means van gaal has a little longer! But stoke away on boxing day, yikes hardly easy!
[/quote]

Haha I agree and it's about that time of the seaon where Arsenal start throwing away their chance at winning the title, will be interesting to see what happens! I also keep hearing nothing of real value about what is going to happen to Van Gaal I think they might leave it until after Christmas, I just hope we can actually beat Stoke but that's never easy.

Titleist 910D3 9.5°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

Another defeat, the Potters played well though, and Depay, what a header /facepalm. This is getting worse and worse lol.

BTW, i read that some of the bookies start paying out to the people who backed LVG getting sacked. Since sport betting is illegal here, i'm curious, are the bookies in the UK normally this generous?
source: [url="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bookmaker-pays-out-louis-van-7072806"]http://www.mirror.co...uis-van-7072806[/url]

[quote name='Sira' timestamp='1451202483' post='12767518']
Another defeat, the Potters played well though, and Depay, what a header /facepalm. This is getting worse and worse lol.

BTW, i read that some of the bookies start paying out to the people who backed LVG getting sacked. Since sport betting is illegal here, i'm curious, are the bookies in the UK normally this generous?
source: [url="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bookmaker-pays-out-louis-van-7072806"]http://www.mirror.co...uis-van-7072806[/url]
[/quote]
Yep, usually when they know something! Or the bookies don't want to pay any more and cut their losses. Van gaal is going, either sacked or resigning.....tomorrow evening is going to be an interesting atmosphere.....that's if the game is on with all the flooding in Manchester! People's home are still under water not too far away in north west Manchester along the irwell....thankfully it's stopped raining and its actually sunny

• 2 weeks later...

A 3 - 3 draw? with a goal being scored in the 90th minute? I didn't see the game but I'm guessing Uniteds defence was a shambles....

Was a great game to watch - I'm a newcastle fan so take my opinion with a pinch of salt if you wish but I like to think I'm not biased....

Man Utd played the best attacking football I've seen them play for a long time, had lots of chances and in all honesty should have killed the game at 2-0 and 2-1. That being said, Man Utd's penalty was very soft and probably shouldn't have been given. Newcastle were denied a pretty strong penalty claim at 1-0. Rooney had a great game as he often does against Newcastle (14 goals in 13 games), he took his penalty well and his 2nd (Utd's 3rd) was a great strike.

Fellaini and Lingard missed some great chances between them.

For the majority of the second half Newcastle were the better team but when Man Utd scored to make it 3-2 they dominated for the remainder of the game, Newcastle's 3rd was against the run of play at the time but consensus was that a draw was a fair result.

Everyone was expecting this to be a 0-0 or 1-0 game but some pundits have dubbed it as best game of the season so far - just goes to show, like golf - football (soccer) is also very unpredictable!

Taylormade Sim 10.5 - Tour AD GP 7X
Taylormade M3 15* - Kai'li 80X
GAPR Lo 2 iron - Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05 100
Taylormade P760, 4 - PW - Project XLZ 6.5
Vokey SM7 50F, 55M, 60D - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport Beach 1.5 

[b][u][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/965589-chriswrightstuff-first-ever-witb/page__p__8603789#entry8603789"][color=#000000]WITB Link[/color][/url][/u][/b][/font]

Instagram - Cwrightstuff

A 3 - 3 draw? with a goal being scored in the 90th minute? I didn't see the game but I'm guessing Uniteds defence was a shambles....

Was a great game to watch - I'm a newcastle fan so take my opinion with a pinch of salt if you wish but I like to think I'm not biased....

Man Utd played the best attacking football I've seen them play for a long time, had lots of chances and in all honesty should have killed the game at 2-0 and 2-1. That being said, Man Utd's penalty was very soft and probably shouldn't have been given. Newcastle were denied a pretty strong penalty claim at 1-0. Rooney had a great game as he often does against Newcastle (14 goals in 13 games), he took his penalty well and his 2nd (Utd's 3rd) was a great strike.

Fellaini and Lingard missed some great chances between them.

For the majority of the second half Newcastle were the better team but when Man Utd scored to make it 3-2 they dominated for the remainder of the game, Newcastle's 3rd was against the run of play at the time but consensus was that a draw was a fair result.

Everyone was expecting this to be a 0-0 or 1-0 game but some pundits have dubbed it as best game of the season so far - just goes to show, like golf - football (soccer) is also very unpredictable!

Thanks! Probably the best description of the game I've read.

I'm glad United are playing more attacking football of late, bit worried that they are still letting in goals but anything can happen in those last few minutes of a game. It is a very unpredictable game but that makes it all the more exciting as well as frustrating, pretty much like golf!

Titleist 910D3 9.5°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

That's was absolute quality! Beating scousers in their own backyard is brilliant. Meeting Carrick was a pleasure, total gent! Jones and rojo were there too but I didn't see them, I was crammed in the corner......must have flew down 5 flights of seats when we scored! Proper smash and grab but you could feel it coming, Liverpool looked knackered in that last 20 minutes and thanks to de gea United just kept in it......this game is about the result, United didn't play great but dug in and boy it's a sweet feeling tonight!!!!

That's was absolute quality! Beating scousers in their own backyard is brilliant. Meeting Carrick was a pleasure, total gent! Jones and rojo were there too but I didn't see them, I was crammed in the corner......must have flew down 5 flights of seats when we scored! Proper smash and grab but you could feel it coming, Liverpool looked knackered in that last 20 minutes and thanks to de gea United just kept in it......this game is about the result, United didn't play great but dug in and boy it's a sweet feeling tonight!!!!

The first half wasn't pretty I must say, got very nervous when Fellaini and Lucas had a bit of a clash as well! But in the end all that matters is the W! one shot on target and a 1 - 0 victory, flip I'll take that any and everyday!

Meeting Carrick must have been awesome but celebrating a win for United at Anfield must have been even better!

Titleist 910D3 9.5°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe