2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

(Football) Soccer thread (English Premier League, Champions League)

apple_crumble

[quote name='chrisgilly09' timestamp='1441177769' post='12249790']
Well said, about a month ago I changed my tune about the de Gea deal and hoped United would stand firm. In the end United made the right choice, like mentioned above he'll need the match fitness to be chosen for 2016 Spain squad and will swallow his pride and finish his contract

Is it now time to play 4-3-3 with memphis, roo, and martial across the front?
[/quote]

They can do what they like as long as the ball keeps rattling the back of the net on a consistent basis! :happy: But I think you have it right with the 4 - 3 - 3

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

[quote name='mnplayer' timestamp='1441209618' post='12251386']
Can't De Gea wait until January and sign a pre-contract with Real Madrid and leave next summer on a free transfer?
[/quote]
Yep.....but if he doesn't play de gea doesn't go to the euros, del bosque has made that very clear today. But de gea knows this and by all accounts is a calm level headed lad who will simply knuckle down and do his best

[quote name='scruffynick' timestamp='1442132333' post='12306764']
[quote name='GauchoGolfer2' timestamp='1442127237' post='12306710']
Didn't realize this was the official Man U thread :swoon:
[/quote]
I think the fact United are so up and down prompts alot of discussion......moaning.....and being very happy
[/quote]

Its a roller coaster

Watching Arsenal yesterday made my stomach turn. What made it even worse is hearing that they have the second lowest goal conversion in the league, just behind Liverpool. They should have beaten Stoke 4-0, but missed too many shots and took too many second touches in the box. I really hope that Wegner will see that we need a striker and get one in the January transfer window.

[quote name='jrharden' timestamp='1442161017' post='12307608']
Watching Arsenal yesterday made my stomach turn. What made it even worse is hearing that they have the second lowest goal conversion in the league, just behind Liverpool. They should have beaten Stoke 4-0, but missed too many shots and took too many second touches in the box. I really hope that Wegner will see that we need a striker and get one in the January transfer window.
[/quote]
Problem is there's not many top notch centre forwards available, plus the best ones are at top clubs across Europe playing in the champions league......or hope a youngster can be brilliant (which United are hoping martial will be)

[quote name='scruffynick' timestamp='1442182577' post='12308658']
[/quote]
Problem is there's not many top notch centre forwards available, plus the best ones are at top clubs across Europe playing in the champions league......or hope a youngster can be brilliant (which United are hoping martial will be)
[/quote]
Oh, I know. Its just frustrating to watch and see that no one wants to pull the trigger.

[quote name='jrharden' timestamp='1442185464' post='12308804']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Oh, I know. Its just frustrating to watch and see that no one wants to pull the trigger.
[/quote]

It's like standard procedure for Arsenal to play brilliant football until they get in the box, it's like no one wants to take the shot at times... "here you take" "no you take it" "please I insist!" "oh look at that the keepers got the ball, oh well!"

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed watching United win especially since Martial scored, lets just hope he can do it more often.

What I truly enjoyed was watching Naismith destroy Chelsea. :taunt:

Titleist 910D3 9.5°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

[quote name='Jonesy' timestamp='1442231420' post='12310580']
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

It's like standard procedure for Arsenal to play brilliant football until they get in the box, it's like no one wants to take the shot at times... "here you take" "no you take it" "please I insist!" "oh look at that the keepers got the ball, oh well!"

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed watching United win especially since Martial scored, lets just hope he can do it more often.

What I truly enjoyed was watching Naismith destroy Chelsea. :taunt:
[/quote]
Yep me too.......if Newcastle win tonight, Chelsea are in the bottom 3! Come on the Toon!!!

I feel so gutted for Luke Shaw. I myself broke my fibula last winter whilst playing soccer so I can relate a bit to what he's going through now. Leg injuries are no joke. Took me almost half a year to be able to play golf again, and even now almost a year later, I still feel like my leg has not recovered a 100% yet.

[quote name='Golfingfanatic' timestamp='1442350768' post='12318338']
I feel so gutted for Luke Shaw. I myself broke my fibula last winter whilst playing soccer so I can relate a bit to what he's going through now. Leg injuries are no joke. Took me almost half a year to be able to play golf again, and even now almost a year later, I still feel like my leg has not recovered a 100% yet.
[/quote]

Can't believe the guy only got a yellow, a leg was broken! Gutted for Shaw, just hope he can recover 100% and there's no lasting damage.

On another note City lose last night and Ronaldo has 8 goals in 2 games...

Titleist 910D3 9.5°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Agreed, and agreed. Today was even more pathetic against Dinamo Zagreb..that should have been a cake walk. I think the problem is more with the board and Stan Kroenke than Wenger. I guarantee he wants to make certain signings and they say no. There is pressure to turn a profit every year...hence the most expensive tickets in the EPL and lack of signings. Cutting corners=no debt, but also no EPL or CL trophies.

[quote name='Jonesy' timestamp='1442405614' post='12321184']
[/quote]

Can't believe the guy only got a yellow, a leg was broken! Gutted for Shaw, just hope he can recover 100% and there's no lasting damage.

[/quote]

Sorry to hear about your leg.

Luke Shaw was playing great football this season. Hopefully he can come back strong next season. Disgraceful result at PSV yesterday no excuse for it.

[quote name='Golfingfanatic' timestamp='1442498705' post='12326140']
On a sidenote: The Puskas Award for goal of the year is decided imo. What a goal by Florenzi
[/quote]
That was a stunner for sure, but there is still plenty of season left. With Ronaldo scoring 8 goals in 4 days, he's bound to score something magical eventually. Then there's Messi, Neymar, Benzema, Bale, Sanchez, Ibrahimovich, Coutinho, Pogba, Hazard, Suarez, van Persie, Robben, Muller, Rodriguez, and many others that I'm not thinking of.

[quote name='Jonesy' timestamp='1442405614' post='12321184']
I feel so gutted for Luke Shaw. I myself broke my fibula last winter whilst playing soccer so I can relate a bit to what he's going through now. Leg injuries are no jokpuok me almost half a year to be able to play golf again, and even now almost a year later, I still feel like my leg has not recovered a 100% yet.
[/quote]

[/quote]
He didn't get a yellow.....gave a corner, would have been a penalty if the ref gave a yellow card. But it was an awful tackle, should have been red.....then he goes and scores in stoppage time he created! It was just one of those nights, another night United would have won 4-0. But I heard a few pundits say it was a decent challenge and won the ball.....ffs, the bloke broke shaws leg in 2 places before he got the ball!!!!!

[quote name='The Arsenal' timestamp='1442730945' post='12337910']
Are there any Chelsea fans here that care to comment on the terrible calls made by Mike Dean during yesterday's derby?
[/quote]
The word 'suckered' springs to mind! Costa is a pest and brilliant at winding players up, don't react but how on earth dein didn't see the elbow is beyond me!?

[quote name='scruffynick' timestamp='1442738062' post='12338034']
Are there any Chelsea fans here that care to comment on the terrible calls made by Mike Dean during yesterday's derby?
[/quote]
The word 'suckered' springs to mind! Costa is a pest and brilliant at winding players up, don't react but how on earth dein didn't see the elbow is beyond me!?
[/quote]
[quote name='scruffynick' timestamp='1442738062' post='12338034']
[/quote]
[/quote]
I mean, suckered involves taunting someone with words (Zidane comes to mind), not physically assaulting someone. Costa did so much physically to get a red card before ever having an opportunity to taunt Gabriel into a second yellow.