2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Nike 2015 - Vapor is here! Drivers and Irons have released. Short game coming in April.

wldchld22

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1422924093' post='10871803']
Next time I am in the Nike booth! I'll put the TiNi silver in the Vapor head!

The shaft that came in the Covert 2.0 tour is my favorite stock Nike shaft.
[/quote]

The Vapor Pro + KK TiNi has proven to be the money club for me. Played 4 rounds with it now, including 2 on my home course where #1 I can hit driver almost every hole, and #2 it's easier to compare distance gains. Trajectory, spin and distance are all on point. On average it's probably 15-20 yards longer for me (that's modest) - part of it is me swinging harder bc I have more confidence than with my R1. Carrying bunkers that I couldn't carry before and having wedges instead of 8-9i is huge. You'd think I'd be less accurate, but 12 of 12 and 10 of 12 fairways is the most accurate I've ever been. Hopefully I can keep that going. Wind just doesn't affect my drives nearly as much as they typically do. Really holding its line in crosswind/into situations. Currently testing the Callaway SR-3 vs ChromeSoft balls and both have had similar results. Amazing what the right driver + shaft + ball can do. RZN black ball was good, but not as good as the Callaways, believe it or not.
Hoping to get on Trackman in the next week but I'm not in a huge rush. Finally found the right combo and can't be happier.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='hanbergb' timestamp='1422942403' post='10873955']
Did you have any spin issues with the Chrome?
[/quote]

Surprisingly no spin issues at all. I was a little concerned because of how much I typically spin it, but I'd say the ChromeSoft had slightly better overall performance than the SR3 so far. Similar spin/distance with better feel. Every ball I've played with the Vapor has had good performance, but those 2 are a cut above. I had gotten used to playing a firmer ball but I've been really impressed with the CS so far. I'll save that full review for another thread!

[quote name='caddyshackgolf18' timestamp='1422933202' post='10873049'][quote name='pdaero' timestamp='1422931549' post='10872817']FWIW, the S+ X is a huge improvement from the Stiff. For those interested between the S+ 60 X and the D+ 60 X, the D+ can hold up to some good speed even at the 60s weight. Probably meant for 110-115 with a quick transition regardless of overall tempo.[/quote] Totally agree with this. I see the same thing[/quote]

After reading all of the previous comments about the S+ shaft, I was second guessing my choice. Good to hear that the X is getting better results. I ordered my Pro with the S+ in the 70 X. Anyone else go heavier with theirs? If it doesn't work, I've got either the Rogue Black 110 or the Speeder Pro TS waiting to go in.

SIM 9.0 Ventus Blue 7X, SIM 15* Ventus Blue 8X
U500 2i, OT100, P7.MC 3-4, P7.MB 6-P, Modus 120 X
MG2 53, 58 Modus 120 X, Toulon Garage Austin

[quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422936613' post='10873455']
[quote name='bama11' timestamp='1422936409' post='10873431'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422936170' post='10873403']
Well some quick numbers from a couple buckets at the dome. Started with the Fubuki K with my CT 2.0. Average carry of 262 with 10 balls. Put the Fubuki into my Vapor Pro. Average carry of 267 with 10 balls. Put the Diamana into my Vapor Pro. Average carry of 273 with 10 balls. I guess the Diamana is performing pretty well. It definitely felt stiffer compared to the Fubuki and much better than it did yesterday morning. Maybe leaving driver till the end after hitting a lot of balls affected my swing. Probably got lazy after that many balls. After those 30 balls I stuck with the Diamana and really went after a few. Had 4 balls carry over 285 yards with the best being a 294 yard carry. That's really long for me. I'm not a 300 yard driving guy as a rule. I didn't record any swingspeeds or ball speeds cause there was a bunch of wieners hanging around waiting for the trackman and they were all watching me. It was kind of annoying. Ha.
[/quote]
Not bad numbers, do you know the actual playing length of the Vapor Pro? I don’t believe it is 45.5, just like the vpc irons I ordered, they are at least 1/2 shorter than what is stated? Thanks![/quote]

I thought it was 45.5" but I haven't measured.
[/quote]Nike measures differently. Their 45.5 is same as titleist 45.

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 6.5
  • TM SIM Ti 17.5* - Tensei AV White 2.0 75TX
  • TM Stealth 2+ 20* 6 wood Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8S
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

A friend of mine works at a local golf store. He tested all the S+ Stiff shafts that came in their clubs......They all Freq'd out at a R flex.

I tested one of them, wow was it wippy and spun like mad. Need to try my Tini shaft in one of the heads, because the new head feels amazing!

AI Smoke TD xCaliber
AI Smoke 3w Ventus Red
AI Smoke 5w Ventus Red

Stealth 2 (3 & 4)Hybrid Ventus Red TR 

i530 6-U Dynamic Gold Mid

MG4 54/58 DG

Odyssey AI-One Jailbird Mini

Callaway Chrome Tour

[quote name='VA_Astra' timestamp='1422975308' post='10875321']
A friend of mine works at a local golf store. He tested all the S+ Stiff shafts that came in their clubs......They all Freq'd out at a R flex.

I tested one of them, wow was it wippy and spun like mad. Need to try my Tini shaft in one of the heads, because the new head feels amazing!
[/quote]

Bought the flex and the guy at the store let me take some shafts from the vapor fitting cart to try out this week, not sure why i didnt just buy the flex with a stock X shaft. SS is 105 so always play stiff sounds like i could save some big money just putting in a stock X instead of going with one of these expensive upcharges.

[quote name='Albatross85' timestamp='1422969679' post='10874745']
[quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422936613' post='10873455']
[quote name='bama11' timestamp='1422936409' post='10873431'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422936170' post='10873403']
Well some quick numbers from a couple buckets at the dome. Started with the Fubuki K with my CT 2.0. Average carry of 262 with 10 balls. Put the Fubuki into my Vapor Pro. Average carry of 267 with 10 balls. Put the Diamana into my Vapor Pro. Average carry of 273 with 10 balls. I guess the Diamana is performing pretty well. It definitely felt stiffer compared to the Fubuki and much better than it did yesterday morning. Maybe leaving driver till the end after hitting a lot of balls affected my swing. Probably got lazy after that many balls. After those 30 balls I stuck with the Diamana and really went after a few. Had 4 balls carry over 285 yards with the best being a 294 yard carry. That's really long for me. I'm not a 300 yard driving guy as a rule. I didn't record any swingspeeds or ball speeds cause there was a bunch of wieners hanging around waiting for the trackman and they were all watching me. It was kind of annoying. Ha.
[/quote]
Not bad numbers, do you know the actual playing length of the Vapor Pro? I don’t believe it is 45.5, just like the vpc irons I ordered, they are at least 1/2 shorter than what is stated? Thanks![/quote]

I thought it was 45.5" but I haven't measured.
[/quote]Nike measures differently. Their 45.5 is same as titleist 45.
[/quote] Thats what I was thinking, I ordered the VPC irons at +1/4 assuming that Nike’s web spec’s were correct and the 5 iron would be 38.5, wrong answer! Now I have a new set of irons sitting in my house that are no use to me. I hit the Vapor Pro, and something didn’t seem right, now I no it was the playing length. Thanks for your help!

Had a chance to hit the Flex on course last week against my 745 Srixon head. The shaft was a DJ 6X in the Flex as we assumed this would have SLDR spin characteristics. The 745 had an ATX Blue 75X. The feel/sound of the Flex is probably the best out there. However, for me the Flex spun a ton. The distance difference was astonoshing (15-20yds). Maybe, we got a bad Flex head, maybe that DJ 6X is just that bad for me but it was no contest as the Srixon blew it out the water. I'd like to try the Flex head with something else as it was much more forgiving than we expected.

[quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422936380' post='10873427']
Well some quick numbers from a couple buckets at the dome. Started with the Fubuki K with my CT 2.0. Average carry of 262 with 10 balls. Put the Fubuki into my Vapor Pro. Average carry of 267 with 10 balls. Put the Diamana into my Vapor Pro. Average carry of 273 with 10 balls. I guess the Diamana is performing pretty well. It definitely felt stiffer compared to the Fubuki and much better than it did yesterday morning. Maybe leaving driver till the end after hitting a lot of balls affected my swing. Probably got lazy after that many balls. After those 30 balls I stuck with the Diamana and really went after a few. Had 4 balls carry over 285 yards with the best being a 294 yard carry. That's really long for me. I'm not a 300 yard driving guy as a rule. I didn't record any swingspeeds or ball speeds cause there was a bunch of wieners hanging around waiting for the trackman and they were all watching me. It was kind of annoying. Ha. [attachment=2600095:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422936341.014979.jpg]
[/quote]

So you have the S+ stiff right? Do you have the 60 or 70? I am curious to see if the stock shaft performs for me once I get it outside, it feels pretty good in the head, and I have only hit it in the sim. I am not going to get another shaft until I see this one on the course. I have done that before, read here that the shaft is too whippy and start buying other shafts to try without giving this one a chance.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

I just got back from the golf store....Spent 90 minutes hitting 3 drivers - Mine, Pro and Flex.

Since I had mine as a measuring stick, and I had the shaft from mine to use I got to get as close of a comparison as I could today. Here are some thoughts:

Pro - Least favorite of the 3 heads. Spun a TON, but looked good.

Flex - Best looking and feeling head of the bunch. But on average 10 yards shorter than my CT 2.0. Spin was 4-600 RPM's higher, with a few that jumped up over 1000 rpms higher.

With the shaft from the CT in the Pro and Flex, it made the drivers feel heavier for sure. In 90 minutes, I only hit 1 shot that was longer than my CT with the Flex....Not even close with the pro.

Another interesting thing, I play with the CT in 8.5Left and each of the new heads I had to play 8.5 Right. My CT head sits way more open than either one of these do.

I am not dismissing the Flex, but it will need some shaft hunting to find the right combo...maybe that is a Whiteboard, who knows. The TINI shaft is an awesome launching spinning shaft for me and will take some work to kick my current combo out.

I am currently averaging 100-102 (I gain 1-2 MPH with the flex above this), 15-16* launch with 18-1900 Spin for a carry of 265ish. Hope this helps.

AI Smoke TD xCaliber
AI Smoke 3w Ventus Red
AI Smoke 5w Ventus Red

MG4 54/58 DG

Callaway Chrome Tour

[quote name='VA_Astra' timestamp='1423002448' post='10878755']
I just got back from the golf store....Spent 90 minutes hitting 3 drivers - Mine, Pro and Flex.

Since I had mine as a measuring stick, and I had the shaft from mine to use I got to get as close of a comparison as I could today. Here are some thoughts:

Flex - Best looking and feeling head of the bunch. But on average 10 yards shorter than my CT 2.0. Spin was 4-600 RPM's higher, with a few that jumped up over 1000 rpms higher.

With the shaft from the CT in the Pro and Flex, it made the drivers feel heavier for sure. In 90 minutes, I only hit 1 shot that was longer than my CT with the Flex....Not even close with the pro.

Another interesting thing, I play with the CT in 8.5Left and each of the new heads I had to play 8.5 Right. My CT head sits way more open than either one of these do.

I am not dismissing the Flex, but it will need some shaft hunting to find the right combo...maybe that is a Whiteboard, who knows. The TINI shaft is an awesome launching spinning shaft for me and will take some work to kick my current combo out.

I am currently averaging 100-102 (I gain 1-2 MPH with the flex above this), 15-16* launch with 18-1900 Spin for a carry of 265ish. Hope this helps.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I have the Pro, and probably will not really hit it outside for another month or so. Seems like the last few reviews I have read are not very good for the Pro and so so for the Flex. Well at least I have my CT 2.0 to use this summer if the Pro does work out.

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X

I got into a golf Smith yesterday and took a few more swings with both the pro in the flex. I was more consistent with the flex but the pro give me some big numbers.

I would love to try different shafts but no place has the full fitting cart. I at least want to try the other stock shaft that you can order.

I'm laughing/crying at all the guys saying the Pro is spinning too much. I'm averaging just under 1900 spin at 153 ball speeds.

Can I have some of the extra spin going around?

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1423004042' post='10878935']
I'm laughing/crying at all the guys saying the Pro is spinning too much. I'm averaging just under 1900 spin at 153 ball speeds.

[/quote]

I was 26-2900 on average with the pro, shots you felt like you crushed jumped up to 3000+....send me your shipping address and Ill send some :)

AI Smoke TD xCaliber
AI Smoke 3w Ventus Red
AI Smoke 5w Ventus Red

MG4 54/58 DG

Callaway Chrome Tour

[quote name='minteq' timestamp='1423001850' post='10878693'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422936380' post='10873427']
Well some quick numbers from a couple buckets at the dome. Started with the Fubuki K with my CT 2.0. Average carry of 262 with 10 balls. Put the Fubuki into my Vapor Pro. Average carry of 267 with 10 balls. Put the Diamana into my Vapor Pro. Average carry of 273 with 10 balls. I guess the Diamana is performing pretty well. It definitely felt stiffer compared to the Fubuki and much better than it did yesterday morning. Maybe leaving driver till the end after hitting a lot of balls affected my swing. Probably got lazy after that many balls. After those 30 balls I stuck with the Diamana and really went after a few. Had 4 balls carry over 285 yards with the best being a 294 yard carry. That's really long for me. I'm not a 300 yard driving guy as a rule. I didn't record any swingspeeds or ball speeds cause there was a bunch of wieners hanging around waiting for the trackman and they were all watching me. It was kind of annoying. Ha. [attachment=2600095:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1422936341.014979.jpg]
[/quote]

So you have the S+ stiff right? Do you have the 60 or 70? I am curious to see if the stock shaft performs for me once I get it outside, it feels pretty good in the head, and I have only hit it in the sim. I am not going to get another shaft until I see this one on the course. I have done that before, read here that the shaft is too whippy and start buying other shafts to try without giving this one a chance.[/quote]

Yep. 60 S+ Stiff. Definitely give it a try before you get another shaft. I actually liked it a lot better last night than my previous two times out so maybe it's just something to get used to.

[quote name='minteq' timestamp='1423002958' post='10878803'][quote name='VA_Astra' timestamp='1423002448' post='10878755']

[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I have the Pro, and probably will not really hit it outside for another month or so. Seems like the last few reviews I have read are not very good for the Pro and so so for the Flex. Well at least I have my CT 2.0 to use this summer if the Pro does work out.[/quote]

The head on the pro is definitely awesome. It is much more stable. I'm very happy with the head and jury is out on the shaft so far

[quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1423006784' post='10879255']
[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1423004042' post='10878935']I'm laughing/crying at all the guys saying the Pro is spinning too much. I'm averaging just under 1900 spin at 153 ball speeds.

Can I have some of the extra spin going around?[/quote]

Spin numbers for me are very low too. Around 2000
[/quote]
What launch angles are you getting? You might have posted it, but I didn't look back.

I'm staying between 7.5 and 9. Hoping that gets better once I get outside.

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1423007199' post='10879297'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1423006784' post='10879255']
[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1423004042' post='10878935']I'm laughing/crying at all the guys saying the Pro is spinning too much. I'm averaging just under 1900 spin at 153 ball speeds.

[/quote]
What launch angles are you getting? You might have posted it, but I didn't look back.

I'm staying between 7.5 and 9. Hoping that gets better once I get outside.[/quote]

A little higher. 10-12.

[quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1423007504' post='10879321'][quote name='shakey' timestamp='1423007199' post='10879297'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1423006784' post='10879255']

[/quote]

I'm staying between 7.5 and 9. Hoping that gets better once I get outside.[/quote]

A little higher. 10-12.[/quote]
Sounds about perfect

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1423009278' post='10879469'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1423007504' post='10879321'][quote name='shakey' timestamp='1423007199' post='10879297'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1423006784' post='10879255']

[/quote]

A little higher. 10-12.[/quote]
Sounds about perfect[/quote]

Yeah, I think the feel issues with the Diamana might solve themselves. I'm hitting it better than my covert with the fubBuki

[quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1423006610' post='10879223'][quote name='minteq' timestamp='1423001850' post='10878693'][quote name='ToddyJ' timestamp='1422936380' post='10873427']
[/quote]

So you have the S+ stiff right? Do you have the 60 or 70? I am curious to see if the stock shaft performs for me once I get it outside, it feels pretty good in the head, and I have only hit it in the sim. I am not going to get another shaft until I see this one on the course. I have done that before, read here that the shaft is too whippy and start buying other shafts to try without giving this one a chance.[/quote]

Yep. 60 S+ Stiff. Definitely give it a try before you get another shaft. I actually liked it a lot better last night than my previous two times out so maybe it's just something to get used to.[/quote]

Cool, thanks for the response.

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

TM TP5X

Has anyone tried whiteboard 70g on the pro? I bought mine stock but it's spinning more than kurokage and the rep recommended me to try the whiteboard.

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

[quote name='bongta029' timestamp='1423012259' post='10879845']
Has anyone tried whiteboard 70g on the pro? I bought mine stock but it's spinning more than kurokage and the rep recommended me to try the whiteboard.
[/quote]

I tried an original whiteboard 63x in a pro head. Felt awesome, but feel is all I can speak for.

I cannot really speak for spin because I only once or twice got the Pro head under 3200 RPM's. Just one of those heads that doesnt work for me, but the stabillity the whiteboard gives with the feel of the head was undoubtedly the best "feel" Ive felt in years. Wish the numbers matched the feel and look for me.

EDIT: with all that being said, the stock blueboard was spinning around 4-500 more RPMs than the whiteboard for me. Still too much spin, but the whiteboard DID lower spin for me at least.

Cobra Aerojet 8* Tensei White 2.0 Prototype 65TX
Titleist TSi3 15*. Tensei AV Raw White 80x.
Cobra Tour Forged 3i. X100.
Cobra CB 4-6. X100. 

Cobra MB 7-PW. X100.
Vokey SM9 50, 56, 60. TT X100  
Spyder X Hydroblast Flow Neck

I tried the Pro over the weekend after a bubble session and was shocked at how much the stock blue board launched and spun for me. I was swinging around 107 - 109 mph and had many 16-19 deg launches with spin between 4000-5000. I then researched the shaft online afterwards and saw the torque was around 4.5 deg. No wonder!! Stiff shafts playing like regulars! Am I right?

915D2 9.5deg, Rogue Silver 70S
915F 15deg, Rogue Blk 70S
18deg, 24deg AdamsPro Gold Boxer Altus S
Vapor Pro Combos 5-PW PXi 6.0s
56deg, 60deg Scratch 1018 Forged DD
Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Can I have some of the extra spin going around?[/quote]ill trade you some spin for some ball speed? In full transparency , my swing flaws come with the xtra spin, it's a package deal.

Nike Vapor Flex 440 w Fuji Tour spec 63
Nike Vapor Fly 3w
Nike Vapor Flex 3h
Nike Vapor Pro combo 4-PW w PX LZ 5.5
Nike Engage 52 square and 58DS
Nike Method Origin B2-05
RZN Dot Platinum
[color=#0000ff]IG Gchrist_01[/color]

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1423004042' post='10878935']

[/quote]

Trust me I am just as confused as everyone else as to why it and the flex was spinning so much. My SS was at 116-117, ball speed anywhere from 167-171. Lowest spin I reached with the Pro was right at 3100 and had some mishits that got up to 3900. Thats the only time I have every legitmately been angry towards a launch monitor.

My SLDR is around 2200. I dont like the feel of the SLDR. But I cant argue with the results. Its the best driver for me, no matter how much I want to be in on the Vapor line. Enjoy the pro! Best looking and feeling driver I've hit in a long long time.

Cobra Aerojet 8* Tensei White 2.0 Prototype 65TX
Titleist TSi3 15*. Tensei AV Raw White 80x.
Cobra Tour Forged 3i. X100.
Cobra CB 4-6. X100. 

Cobra MB 7-PW. X100.
Vokey SM9 50, 56, 60. TT X100  
Spyder X Hydroblast Flow Neck

You guys are scaring the crap out of me with how much the Pro is soinning

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Ventus Blue w/ Velocore+ 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Project X Denali 70x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (RDX Smoke 85x)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
Odyssey   Jailbird Cruiser modified to regular. 34.6" w/ SuperStroke 3.0 17"/ 5g weights