Chrome Soft

scottaz

[quote name='DaveyGolf' timestamp='1423437051' post='10913219']
[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1423435859' post='10913089']
[quote name='DaveyGolf' timestamp='1423435258' post='10913039']
I'm new on WRX, so I doubt many of you will put much stock in what I have to say, but here goes!

I bought a dozen of the Callaway Chrome Soft before my round yesterday, at the recommendation of my swing coach. I shot 68 on a course I've only played a few times, and it was playing firm and fast with a good amount of intermittent wind and brief light showers. My SS averages around 120 and I couldn't imagine liking a ball like this in a million years. Everything played similar to the Chrome + I've been gaming for about a year and a half now, with some expected and some unexpected differences.

Off the tee- my distance was very similar to my gamer, played a tad bit straighter. My drives were between 290 and 330, which is great given the cooler weather and being at sea level. Hit a lot of fairways. I have a very flat trajectory with the big dog, usually launching around 14*, hovering around 2k spin. Nothing looked different here.

Irons/Full Wedges- My cut and draw dispersion were a bit tighter than I was used to, which took a few holes to get used to. I didn't notice any distance change. I had read about lower trajectory with the wedges, but I didn't notice any change there.The real benefit was on partial/feel shots. I felt like I could hit any club any distance I wanted with good control, like the balata days. I was pin high on nearly every hole. I came up a full club short out of a fairway bunker. I am pretty positive I caught it very flush and had the yardage right, but it'll take more testing for me to know for sure.

Around the green/ within 100 yards- My feel was amazing. High flops, low running chips, pitch from rough, all good stuff. I was even 3 for 3 in green side sand saves. Trajectory was a little different than I was used to, but had perfect action on firm greens- check and a little roll.

Putting felt awkward, but the results were very good. Felt like I was just brushing them in after I got used to the low compression.

But the real good news is that after 18 holes with one ball, there was the faintest marking on it, despite striking a cart path on one hole and being a higher-spin player who chews up a Chrome + every three holes or so with wedges.

There will be people who just don't like the feel of it, others who buy cheaper golf balls as a rule, and of course brand loyalists. This isn't to sway you, this is for the player who thinks this ball won't perform. I'd invest in a sleeve and give it a shot. I'm pretty certain I've found my new gamer. If this was helpful to anyone, I'll post a follow up after my round Wednesday. Thanks for reading!
[/quote]I was watching the PGA (Farmers Insurance) today and would expect to see you out there?
[/quote]

Not quite. They don't have to stop by Roger Dunn for a dozen balls before a round. The course I was playing is Los Verdes, decidedly a good 10 strokes or so easier than Torrey any day of the week. Sure would be nice, though!
[/quote]That's some great golf, just the same!

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1423436598' post='10913159']
I'm new on WRX, so I doubt many of you will put much stock in what I have to say, but here goes!

I bought a dozen of the Callaway Chrome Soft before my round yesterday, at the recommendation of my swing coach. I shot 68 on a course I've only played a few times, and it was playing firm and fast with a good amount of intermittent wind and brief light showers. My SS averages around 120 and I couldn't imagine liking a ball like this in a million years. Everything played similar to the Chrome + I've been gaming for about a year and a half now, with some expected and some unexpected differences.

Off the tee- my distance was very similar to my gamer, played a tad bit straighter. My drives were between 290 and 330, which is great given the cooler weather and being at sea level. Hit a lot of fairways. I have a very flat trajectory with the big dog, usually launching around 14*, hovering around 2k spin. Nothing looked different here.

Irons/Full Wedges- My cut and draw dispersion were a bit tighter than I was used to, which took a few holes to get used to. I didn't notice any distance change. I had read about lower trajectory with the wedges, but I didn't notice any change there.The real benefit was on partial/feel shots. I felt like I could hit any club any distance I wanted with good control, like the balata days. I was pin high on nearly every hole. I came up a full club short out of a fairway bunker. I am pretty positive I caught it very flush and had the yardage right, but it'll take more testing for me to know for sure.

Around the green/ within 100 yards- My feel was amazing. High flops, low running chips, pitch from rough, all good stuff. I was even 3 for 3 in green side sand saves. Trajectory was a little different than I was used to, but had perfect action on firm greens- check and a little roll.

Putting felt awkward, but the results were very good. Felt like I was just brushing them in after I got used to the low compression.

But the real good news is that after 18 holes with one ball, there was the faintest marking on it, despite striking a cart path on one hole and being a higher-spin player who chews up a Chrome + every three holes or so with wedges.

There will be people who just don't like the feel of it, others who buy cheaper golf balls as a rule, and of course brand loyalists. This isn't to sway you, this is for the player who thinks this ball won't perform. I'd invest in a sleeve and give it a shot. I'm pretty certain I've found my new gamer. If this was helpful to anyone, I'll post a follow up after my round Wednesday. Thanks for reading!
[/quote]

Welcome to the forum, Davey, and thanks for the review.

Love the avatar! I was a huge BR fan as a kid.
[/quote]

I actually look a bit like Burt, so it always works well. I have to find a way to resize a picture of me golfing to fit on here. I'm a big Tony Clifton fan, so cheers for that!

[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1423437197' post='10913227']
[quote name='DaveyGolf' timestamp='1423437051' post='10913219']
[quote name='Tom Gski' timestamp='1423435859' post='10913089']

[/quote]I was watching the PGA (Farmers Insurance) today and would expect to see you out there?
[/quote]

Not quite. They don't have to stop by Roger Dunn for a dozen balls before a round. The course I was playing is Los Verdes, decidedly a good 10 strokes or so easier than Torrey any day of the week. Sure would be nice, though!
[/quote]That's some great golf, just the same!
[/quote]

Thank you, kindly Tom! We'll see if this review holds up on a much more challenging course Wednesday. I'd still like to emphasize how well this ball travels in cool weather. I'm not as good as I should be at clubbing up correctly in the cold and damp. One of the side effects of being an LA native golfer.

[quote name='Justmuckit' timestamp='1423397505' post='10910359']
I finally get to try it out today. I bought a sleeve at Golfsmith and the cashier was nice enough to throw in a free 2-pack.

Played the Z-Star XV for the last 2 years and the TPX this year, I'll do my best to compare the three.
[/quote]

Well, that was my worst round since June. Not really a fair assessment as I went back to the TPX I normally play at the turn, but here goes...

Granted, I was not having a good day but I can't see playing this ball.

Driver: As others have said, no clue as to where you make contact on the clubface. And I think it was shorter than my TPX. (95-100 SS)

Irons: If all I ever had to hit was irons, I might play this ball. Spin seemed similar to TPX. I had a 5-iron stop within 18 inches of its mark.

Wedges: Completely unpredictable. And I saw the same thing someone else got blasted for earlier - this ball doesn't seem to check up for me - it runs out a lot. My playing partner is a 6 HI and had the same issue.

Putter: What a mess. The ball jumps off the face (no insert) then to compensate I'm leaving putts short. A complete mind-F trying to figure out speed. No way in hell I'd play these on fast greens.

I know this will probably get dismissed due to my index and bad round, but it's back to TPX for me.

[quote name='Justmuckit' timestamp='1423437819' post='10913295']
I finally get to try it out today. I bought a sleeve at Golfsmith and the cashier was nice enough to throw in a free 2-pack.

Played the Z-Star XV for the last 2 years and the TPX this year, I'll do my best to compare the three.
[/quote]

Well, that was my worst round since June. Not really a fair assessment as I went back to the TPX I normally play at the turn, but here goes...

Driver: As others have said, no clue as to where you make contact on the clubface. And I think it was shorter than my TPX. (95-100 SS)

Irons: If all I ever had to hit was irons, I might play this ball. Spin seemed similar to TPX. I had a 5-iron stop within 18 inches of its mark.

Wedges: Completely unpredictable. And I saw the same thing someone else got blasted for earlier - this ball doesn't seem to check up for me - it runs out a lot. My playing partner is a 6 HI and had the same issue.

Putter: What a mess. The ball jumps off the face (no insert) then to compensate I'm leaving putts short. A complete mind-F trying to figure out speed. No way in hell I'd play these on fast greens.

I know this will probably get dismissed due to my index and bad round, but it's back to TPX for me.
[/quote]

TPX is a fantastic ball. Definitely the most underrated ball on the market.

Better than Pro V1x and about the same as the Z-Star XV in my opinion.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Ventus Velocore Red 7X

PXG  Gen3 3 Iron - Aldila RIP Phenom HYB 100 

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1423438075' post='10913321']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I played XV for 2 years before trying TPX. I like it a little better. I think it's a touch softer and spins more on iron and greenside shots.

[quote name='Justmuckit' timestamp='1423438371' post='10913359']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I played XV for 2 years before trying TPX. I like it a little better. I think it's a touch softer and spins more on iron and greenside shots.
[/quote]

I agree. I just have to like the XVs more until I go throught the 12 dozen I have in my shop. :-)

PXG Bat Attack H

[/quote]

[/quote]I concur

@therealping

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How durable is the TPX? I have to say I was a big fan of the Lethal, despite the silly moniker.

My review can be summed up with one simple phrase...finally a soft ball that spins like a tour ball around the green.

I am converting from the Z-Star...which I have played since it came out. Nice work Callaway.

Callaway Rogue ST, 10.5, GD Tour AD IZ
Callaway Rogue 4&7 Fairway, GD Tour AD IZ
Srixon U85 4-6, ZX7 7-SW PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX4 60 PX LZ 6.0
Evnroll 5.2 Short Slant
Snell MTB-X Yellow

[quote name='DaveyGolf' timestamp='1423440155' post='10913597']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How durable is the TPX? I have to say I was a big fan of the Lethal, despite the silly moniker.
[/quote]

I've had no durability issues with it yet, and again - I'm coming from the old XV which might be the most durable tour ball on the market.

[quote name='DaveyGolf' timestamp='1423440155' post='10913597']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like Justmuckit said, I had no durability issues with the TPX.

To me the TPX is an improvement over the Lethal, which I played extensively last year after getting a killer deal on some from Woot.com.

IMO, the TPX is better off the driver (slightly less spin and better feel), a little more wedge spin, and a little softer all around feel, which is fantastic.

PXG Bat Attack H

Just a little update. I was able to get out of work early yesterday and hit the course around 2. I ended up being the last player going off for the day, and with the next nearest golfer already three holes ahead of me. I thought it was the perfect time for a ball test, so I basically played match play against myself, pitting the Chrome Soft against a ProV1 (not sure what year, I had found it in the bushes during my previous round and it was completely unscathed). I was very fortunate to be hitting it as well as I have in a very very long time, so I was able to get some consistent comparisons between the two balls. I shot 79 with the ProV, and 78 with the CS. Both were career lows and the first time I'd broken 80 at my home course from the back tees. I won't go through all of my thrilling shots hole by hole, but there were definitely some standout moments for the CS.

- Off the driver, the CS was consistently 5-6 yards further than the ProV1, except for on two holes, where the CS outdrove the ProV by 12 and 19 yards, respectively. Both times, I hit both balls on the identical line and with similar trajectories. Here's a couple photos below to show just how much further the CS went

856A4149-4EBB-4561-89B6-89AD58BAF19D_zps52q9ewey.jpg

My drives on the 7th hole. As measured by GPS: ProV1 - 255 yds. CS - 267 yds

D6674713-8FDB-4DB3-AB8F-D351016B4EE6_zpsxlyls5jc.jpg

My drives on the 15th hole. ProV - 261 yds. CS - 280 yds

This next shot was pretty special. On the 14th hole, a long par 5 into the wind, I pulled my drive slightly with the CS and caught the top of, and subsequently fell into, a fairway bunker about 220 from the tee. I was forced to lay up, and chunked a 7 iron out of the bunker, leaving me with 191 yards into the wind. I hit my 4 hybrid, beautiful baby draw that landed way more softly than it looked like it was going to. With the ProV, I hit a solid drive, laid up to 76 yards, and knocked my 58 on. I hit the CS closer...

EEBFFEE3-F52D-463F-9BAE-A72BCD6155CE_zpsqgcq712g.jpg

The pitch mark at the bottom of this picture is from the CS hybrid shot. Probably doesn't help in any kind of review, but I just wanted to brag :derisive:

But overall, the CS had noticeably less sidespin than the ProV, and that was partly what gave me the confidence to take dead aim from 190, and I hit it pin high more times in one round than I think I ever have. Also, the fact that I was a solid half club longer off the irons with the CS meant I could take more controlled swings and hit it the same distance as a full out swing with the ProV. Which brings me to the greenside/putting performance...

When I first tried these balls out, I was unwise and didn't practice rolling a few putts with them beforehand to acclimate to the fact that, either they're slightly hotter off a putter with an insert, or they simply feel so soft that I'm subconsciously hitting them harder because I feel like I need to "get it there." This time around, I spent a good bit of time before teeing off on the practice greens. I rolled a couple putts alternating between the ProV and the CS and found that, for me, in a vacuum (5 ft. flat mostly straight putt), when I would hit both balls with the identical amount of force/stroke, the CS would, on average, roll out about a foot and a half to two feet further. As I said in my previous post, I'm mostly the type of putter who prefers to not putt as forcefully and really like to die putts into the hole. Once I accounted for the difference in the CS, my distance control was extraordinary. If I hit a green in regulation, no matter what the distance, I pretty much left myself inside of 3 ft every time, and also holed a good amount of 6-7 footers for par. On the other hand, getting accustomed to the CS came at the cost of completely losing my feel for the ProV haha. For the round, I had 29 putts with the CS and 36 with the ProV. No 3-putts with the CS, 4 3-putts with the ProV :cheesy:

All in all, this ball has impressed me a lot from the small sample size I've had with it. Of course the extra few yards here and there are great, particularly with the irons, and the feel and consistency around the greens is phenomenal once you spend some time with it. But the kicker for me is the accuracy and tight dispersion that it has provided for me thus far throughout the bag. I was fortunate enough to be chosen by WRX to test this ball, so once I get a couple more rounds and some detailed LM sessions under the belt, I'll really dive into this one.

WITB 2023
- Srixon Zx5 mkII 10.5*, Tensei AV Blue 55s
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-TSi2 18* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-TSi2 21* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-50/54/58 Cleveland Zipcore TR, Fuji Pro 95 TS
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1423618240' post='10928349']
Nice to see the CS doing so well for so many. I am not as concerned to bring it into play as I had been after some initial commentary on ball flight.
Have to ask: What course is that in the Ventura area?? Is that River Ridge or something in that area??
[/quote]

It's actually Olivas Links. Used to be known as Olivas Park but in 2008, they completely redid the design and turned it into a links style course that plays tough in the wind. I do love River Ridge though, which also added a second course recently which is just spectacular. Ventura County GolfWRX meetup, anyone?

WITB 2023
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

[quote name='venturagolfer87' timestamp='1423618684' post='10928409']
[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1423618240' post='10928349']
Nice to see the CS doing so well for so many. I am not as concerned to bring it into play as I had been after some initial commentary on ball flight.
Have to ask: What course is that in the Ventura area?? Is that River Ridge or something in that area??
[/quote]

It's actually Olivas Links. Used to be known as Olivas Park but in 2008, they completely redid the design and turned it into a links style course that plays tough in the wind. I do love River Ridge though, which also added a second course recently which is just spectacular. Ventura County GolfWRX meetup, anyone?
[/quote]

As soon as I get a start date for a new job, and if there is more than 3 days to prepare (i.e. pack, travel, etc) I could try to make a trek up that way from South OC. Wouldn't mind playing a track I haven't played before (i.e. anything in Ventura)... and I can bring the new ChromeSofts with me and try to compare them if there is time.

Just returned from a golf trip to the Dominican Republic. Played all week at the incredible Punta Espada in Cap Cana.

Im a low single digit player, 47 years old, but still can hit it pretty good and occasionally bang one out there far enough to reach some par 5s in two.

I'm old enough to remember the feel of balata. The Chrome Soft has that soft balata feel, especially chipping and putting, but is "springier" off of the club face. I generally like the feel.

It seemed to go pretty good off of the irons, and no problem holding greens, but I hit it pretty high so that's not typically an issue. I do think it played about 1/2 club longer for me off of the irons.

I didn't notice any significant difference in driver distance versus other premium urethane balls except maybe the Nike RZN Black or Srixon XV which I have found to be a little longer off of the driver, but all in all negligible.

I don't count on a ton of spin in my short game, so greenside spin was acceptable for me. Overall, good golf ball with a very unique soft feel.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

[quote name='Bigken003' timestamp='1423629325' post='10929537']
Im stuck in the snow for the few weeks but have a dozen or two from my rep. Thinking about trying them when I fly out west. Feel great putting and chipping in the house, but am I going to lose distance?
[/quote]

YMMV, but for me, as I posted above, I was hitting it consistently further than the ProV1, I compared it to. To my eye, the Chrome Soft had a flatter trajectory that didn't have as much curve to it, while the ProV seemed like I was putting more sidespin on it, and that it had a higher peak height that was landing steeper.

WITB 2023
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

Yeah...like the soft feel of the CS but my misses are less severe with the SS. I'm a high single digit but mid-50's dude so not big on practicing enough to perfect misses. This is all based on extensive use of a GC2 since a week before the public release of the CS. Once the weather improves enough to get time on the course and short game practice I'll take a second look. CS is a good ball though...soft and plenty of spin.

[quote name='skyking' timestamp='1423755458' post='10938357']
Yeah...like the soft feel of the CS [u][b]but my misses are less severe with the SS[/b][/u]. I'm a high single digit but mid-50's dude so not big on practicing enough to perfect misses. This is all based on extensive use of a GC2 since a week before the public release of the CS. Once the weather improves enough to get time on the course and short game practice I'll take a second look. CS is a good ball though...soft and plenty of spin.
[/quote]
This makes sense since it's a 2 piece ball. You're giving up some greenside spin for straighter flight.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

This has probably been asked already, but...

I currently game the Bridestone e6. I tried the SuperSoft and thought the ball was too "bouncy" off the putter and felt a little too soft.

How does the Chrome Soft compare to these two? Specifically, starting from an e6 what differences should I expect?

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

Finally bought a box last night and tried it out and had a mixed bag of results in what has already been said. I have been using a supersoft for the last 4 months so comparing against it:

1) Driver found that the ball wasn't as severe as some are saying. With my misses they were all me and not the ball. I didn't find these to be worse because of the ball as I know my misses and what they do. It was about the same. The ones I did hit and got onto went about the same distance or touch further than the supersoft. Fades and draws were a bit more pronounced but not by a lot.

1.5) Woods\Hybrids: Found to be around the same distance, touch longer perhaps but most of these hits found either bunker or rough due to not aiming correctly so was hard to tell. But with the landing zone and so on I could see they were close to same distance, I guess it would of depended on roll out after landing too fully evaluate. Will see on weekend.

2) Irons Found these were a half club to full club longer. Were I would take a 6 or 7 I found was going past the hole\green by long margin. Some hits when pured absolutely flew off the club. I found them to launch lower than the supersoft and could be the reason why they are a full club longer than the supersoft. They felt good off the face and could tell where I hit it on the club but being used to the supersoft probably assisted in this.

Example: I was around 55 to 60 meters out below the hole. Took my 52 deg and hit the CS perfectly. Same club same distance and played a SS. The difference in trajectory was chalk and cheese. Got up to the green and the SS was pin high and the CS was in line with the hole but about 15 meters past it (Extra 5 because of slope away but pitch mark was 10 past).

Chipping: Here is where I had mixed results. I saw both of what a lot of people saw. Some chip and hold (hop and stop) and some roll out like it was on ice. The ball seemed to do both depending on the lie and depending on whether on fairway or off in first cut sitting up. If the club grabbed the ball properly it would land and hold but if it couldn't collect it cleanly it would roll out a lot (1 or 2 meters). The SS seemed to be able to hop and roll slightly no matter the lie but this seemed to be determined on how it was hit. Not sure if cover has anything to do with it but was interesting. I am heading to a course on sun with a good chipping green that I will give a full test on to see.

Putting: HALLELUJAH finally a ball that I have been looking for. I have the [url="http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/odyssey-metal-x-1-putter/putters-2012-metal-x-1,default,pd.html"]Odyssey Metal-X #1 Putter[/url] from a couple of years ago and have found, as others, the SS just bounces of the face like the rubber balls that used to bounce of everything and go nuts(this has already been noted by others about the SS). I just could never get used to it, bad days were pronounced(hit very long or very short) and good days were ok (either just left or right but close to hole) but just couldn't get the balance.

Until now, this ball seemed to want to be hit but not so hard it will run 300m in 10 secs. It felt solid off the face and ran true from what I could see. After the first few holes I felt confident standing over it and putting which I haven't had for a long time.

Overall I loved this ball and will be using it for the near future to get a better understanding of it but so far so good.

[quote name='Mych' timestamp='1423764051' post='10939357']

I currently game the Bridestone e6. I tried the SuperSoft and thought the ball was too "bouncy" off the putter and felt a little too soft.

How does the Chrome Soft compare to these two? Specifically, starting from an e6 what differences should I expect?
[/quote]

Better feeling cover...The Chrome Soft is basically the RX.

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

[quote name='pierso2' timestamp='1423780014' post='10941337'][quote name='Mych' timestamp='1423764051' post='10939357']

[/quote]

Better feeling cover...The Chrome Soft is basically the RX.[/quote]

I played the very first iteration of the RX when it came out. Haven't played the newer generations or the S version. But I remember really liking that ball when it first came out. The version of the B330/S that was out at the time felt like hitting a piece of granite at the time. Personally, I think the Chrome Soft is softer than that first generation, but again, I haven't played the newest version. But I agree that, in terms of a pure model of what the ball is intended to do, it's very similar to the RX's model, but with less spin off the tee.

WITB 2023
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

[quote name='venturagolfer87' timestamp='1423809013' post='10944081']
[quote name='pierso2' timestamp='1423780014' post='10941337'][quote name='Mych' timestamp='1423764051' post='10939357']

[/quote]

Better feeling cover...The Chrome Soft is basically the RX.[/quote]

I played the very first iteration of the RX when it came out. Haven't played the newer generations or the S version. But I remember really liking that ball when it first came out. The version of the B330/S that was out at the time felt like hitting a piece of granite at the time. Personally, I think the Chrome Soft is softer than that first generation, but again, I haven't played the newest version. But I agree that, in terms of a pure model of what the ball is intended to do, it's very similar to the RX's model, but with less spin off the tee.
[/quote]

The older ones tended to have a bit more spin than the newer model of RX but yes as far as compression, layers, and cover, it's Callaway's answer to the RX. Last year the Supersoft was their answer to the E6...Does anyone else see a trend here? I am loyal to Bridgestone because they make great products, research the heck out of stuff before they produce it, and are 100% made in the USA. With that being said, if someone finds a ball that works better for them, then go ahead and play it, but Bridgestone makes a line of ball for almost every golfer out there.

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]