2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Chrome Soft

scottaz

I won't say hitting into a net or screen cannot affect the ball. I'm sure it does to some degree, but reality is both the net and screen give, and absorb/diffuse force, upon impact of the ball.

Even though the ball is traveling 150+ mph for a swing speed > 100mph, the ball/net/screen impact simply doesn't compare on any level to the amount of force the ball and it's cover endure upon impact of a club.

By critically thinking about this, you can quickly realize that impact from the driver (metal face with WAY less give) would cause a significantly higher amount of damage to the cover and core than the net/screen would. In addition, hitting the ball with an iron that has grooves, (or could blade the ball, which causes gouges in softer balls sometimes with only one shot) or a rough faced wedge (milled) will cause significantly more damage to the cover than the screen/net ever could.

I'm not looking for a physics debate (this isn't the place), but you can realize the delima arising from your theory.

A ball hit twice, say a drive and approach with an iron, would have significantly more cover (and core) deterioration/damage than a single drive into a screen or net.

Also, the compression and restitution of the core will cause some internal damage to the polymer that makes up the core.

With all that said, the ball I hit may have been hit hundreds, or even thousands of times prior to the swing that ultimately led to catastrophic failure. It may have been bladed, scuffed, or otherwise damaged. In such a case, longevity/durability isn't a big issue as nobody would typically play a single ball for hundreds (or thousands) of full shots before losing or replacing it.

I'm not saying that under typical play these balls will exibit a high, let alone significant, statistical amount of failure, but it does and should raise questions, especially considering the reported catastrophic failures of supersoft (look in other threads).

I've hit a ton of different types of golf balls into sim screens and nets over the years and have never seen this catastrophic failure with any of them.

Also, The chrome softs in that sim were only a week old or less and still looked new. I know this because the owners of the Watts location are friends of mine, and as a favor to me, they broke open a box to me try out the day the chrome soft debuted. The ball cracking occurred less than a week later when I was back at the shop picking up clubs that had been regripped. How many times was that particular ball hit? I have no idea of knowing, but it couldn't have been an unreasonable amount of times in the span of a week or less. Could the ball had been bladed or scuffed? Of course, but it still looked new.

Time will certainly tell if this was an isolated incident or a design defect, but it blew me away to have the ball crack as it did, especially when other types if balls haven't done so under the exact same circumstances. It also is troubling that the owners of the shop said another chrome soft split in the sim earlier that week.

Not trying to start a debate, rather just trying to convey my experience to the forum, as it is relavent to the thread.

Ping G430 10k - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - DG x100ss

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind 64 - KBS C-Taper 130x

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS
Best Grips Perforated Leather
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='RPJET' timestamp='1422548774' post='10841465']
Seeing that your bag is made up primarily of Titleist, I'm not surprised.
[/quote]

Think what you want, but I went in wanting to really enjoy the ball, when I was given the trial pack I was more than excited to play them. My bag is predominately Titleist, but that is because that is the gear that I liked the most after trying everything that was available. I am completely open to every brand, and love hitting everything I can.

The difference does not lie in how much a driver face or a screen/net give at impact, but rather in how much abrasion they cause to a golf ball over the course of extended use in a simulator environment. Not at all uncommon for balls with the firmest cores and covers to not survive more than a week when being hit into a screen/net (Pinnacles, Top Rocks, you name it). Also, since an indoor sim is a cleaner environment, damage to the ball's cover will be much harder to see than the typical cart path or tree scuff.

The sim environment does nothing to accurately represent the durability of a golf ball under real world conditions. Therefore, the questions that might be raised about a ball's durability because it cracked in a simulator are moot. If in time a bunch of players with various swing speeds come back to this thread talking about balls cracking on the course, then there may be an issue.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

[quote name='bcflyguy1' timestamp='1422763170' post='10860089']The difference does not lie in how much a driver face or a screen/net give at impact, but rather in how much abrasion they cause to a golf ball over the course of extended use in a simulator environment. Not at all uncommon for balls with the firmest cores and covers to not survive more than a week when being hit into a screen/net (Pinnacles, Top Rocks, you name it). Also, since an indoor sim is a cleaner environment, damage to the ball's cover will be much harder to see than the typical cart path or tree scuff.

The sim environment does nothing to accurately represent the durability of a golf ball under real world conditions. Therefore, the questions that might be raised about a ball's durability because it cracked in a simulator are moot. If in time a bunch of players with various swing speeds come back to this thread talking about balls cracking on the course, then there may be an issue.[/quote]
My fitter uses Bridgestone in his simulator. He goes through a bunch of them. Does that mean that they suck? No.

On the course I used a Chrome Soft for 12 holes until I lost it. Until then, there was no mark on it, and certainly no cracks. Folks can think what they wish. Maybe it's not the ball for you. Maybe you're used to a certain feel and that's cool. But everyone I've seen play this ball has really liked it. Everyone that has bought some in my local golf mart has bought more of them. No one is going to catch Titleist. The other OEMs know it. So they're offering performance at a lower price. Regardless of the marketing, not everyone can use a ProV1. It's too much ball for them. Give them something a bit softer and cheaper appeals to them and they do great with it and don't look back.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I picked up a dozen of the Chrome Soft balls and played 18 with them. I was wanting to compare them with the new and improved SuperSoft and see if I could tell any difference in them. For hackers like me, I'd say stick withe the SuperSoft. The Chrome Soft spins more than the SS from what I could tell which means I could really get the ball to hop and stop on the greens with my 60* wedge. But that spin also showed up for me off the tee. I missed the fairways more with the Chrome Soft. Putting was about the same for both especially with the new SS. I'd say save the $18 and get the SS. I'll mix in the rest of the dozen of CS here and there when the weather gets warmer just to see if I can tell any differences then but I can't see buying any more of them.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

[quote name='nuthin but a hacker' timestamp='1422823887' post='10863903']
I picked up a dozen of the Chrome Soft balls and played 18 with them. I was wanting to compare them with the new and improved SuperSoft and see if I could tell any difference in them. For hackers like me, I'd say stick withe the SuperSoft. The Chrome Soft spins more than the SS from what I could tell which means I could really get the ball to hop and stop on the greens with my 60* wedge. But that spin also showed up for me off the tee. I missed the fairways more with the Chrome Soft. Putting was about the same for both especially with the new SS. I'd say save the $18 and get the SS. I'll mix in the rest of the dozen of CS here and there when the weather gets warmer just to see if I can tell any differences then but I can't see buying any more of them.
[/quote]
Know what? That's fair. At least you gave it a shot and will try again once the weather gets warm. Personally, I couldn't stand the SS because I wanted the spin. But to each his own!

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

I have two rounds this year with the Chrome Soft. I compared it on a few shots vs Pro V1x (2015) and Nxt tour (2015). I received all three balls for free so I decided to see if they live up to the hype. Just fyi. My club head speed is close to 105 mph when I swing well. I am 4.6 hdcp. I normally have a high flight. I also tend to spin the ball quite a bit.

First of all I hit drives with all balls into the wind, down wind and cross wind. I was able to repeat this several times to get a good idea about the balls. With similar swing I didnt notice much difference in distance. The nxt tour was a mid to high flight. The pro v1x was higher. The callaway soft was the lowest. Either of these balls would be very playable in any condition.

Around the green I hit a variety of chips and pitches. The nxt tour was decent but lowest in spin around the green. The pro v1x slightly better for spin. The callaway soft not bad. In regards to putting they were equal. Nothing stood out. Bunker shots were very even as well. The nxt seemed to go a bit higher with less spin. Pro v1x and callaway soft nearly identical. All are very playable around the green.

Full and half wedge shots were hit with all balls. The fwys were soft as well as the greens. The callaway and pro v1x were easy to back up. The nxt tour slightly less back spin but still adequate. The nxt tour had a slightly higher launch. All very playable but nxt tour might get the nod fir being more controllable on soft greens.

Full iron shots were hit with mid and long irons. All seemed to perform well for distance. The nxt curved a bit much for me. I am not sure why this is the case. All would hit and stop. The pro v1x and callaway would spin back a bit on mid irons. None stood out as being much better.

So the question is which ball would I play. I liked all and would play all. The callaway seemed to be more forgiving on less than pure swings. This is probably due to lower compression. Nxt tour was close. The Pro v1x works better with a well struck shot. Considering I have a few dozen Lethals I will not be running out to stock up on anything. I will wait till it is warmer and repeat the test. Both times I played it was in the low 40s.

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1422819585' post='10863363']
My fitter uses Bridgestone in his simulator. He goes through a bunch of them. Does that mean that they suck? No.

On the course I used a Chrome Soft for 12 holes until I lost it. Until then, there was no mark on it, and certainly no cracks. Folks can think what they wish. Maybe it's not the ball for you. Maybe you're used to a certain feel and that's cool. But everyone I've seen play this ball has really liked it. Everyone that has bought some in my local golf mart has bought more of them. No one is going to catch Titleist. The other OEMs know it. So they're offering performance at a lower price. Regardless of the marketing, not everyone can use a ProV1. It's too much ball for them. Give them something a bit softer and cheaper appeals to them and they do great with it and don't look back.
[/quote]

I have no dog in this fight. I actually think the prov1 to be incredibly overrated. Its a great top tier ball, but no better than any other company's top ball. I 100% thought I would be gaming this ball in the upcoming year, as I loved the supersoft but wanted more short game spin. To me, this ball just fell short (literally) with the driver compared to my favorite tour ball (RZN Black).

There was, or seemed to be, an unusually high level of failures with the supersoft, if you don't believe me check the thread and look at the numerous pictures of cracked balls and stories of guys cracking them. I love the supersoft, hands down my favorite non-urethane ball, and I've never cracked a single one.

Balls in sims get abused. This is true. They see way more hits than any ball normally would on course before being lost or replaced from scuffs or whatnot.

I by no means am trying to turn anyone away from this ball. It's a very good ball. To me it plays exactly like the FG Tour ball from several years ago. Soft, great feeling ball that rockets off irons and is blah off woods.

At the end of the day this forum is about sharing info. That is all I tried to do. Had I not seen so many pics of supersofts cracked, I wouldn't have given the sim ball splitting a second thought. I hope it is not an issue. I like callaway as a company (I used their irons!) and by no means am wishing this ball to be a flop.

L.A.B Link.1

[quote name='Mahamilto' timestamp='1422848013' post='10866283']
[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1422819585' post='10863363']

[/quote]

I have no dog in this fight. I actually think the prov1 to be incredibly overrated. Its a great top tier ball, but no better than any other company's top ball. I 100% thought I would be gaming this ball in the upcoming year, as I loved the supersoft but wanted more short game spin. To me, this ball just fell short (literally) with the driver compared to my favorite tour ball (RZN Black).

There was, or seemed to be, an unusually high level of failures with the supersoft, if you don't believe me check the thread and look at the numerous pictures of cracked balls and stories of guys cracking them. I love the supersoft, hands down my favorite non-urethane ball, and I've never cracked a single one.

Balls in sims get abused. This is true. They see way more hits than any ball normally would on course before being lost or replaced from scuffs or whatnot.

I by no means am trying to turn anyone away from this ball. It's a very good ball. To me it plays exactly like the FG Tour ball from several years ago. Soft, great feeling ball that rockets off irons and is blah off woods.

At the end of the day this forum is about sharing info. That is all I tried to do. Had I not seen so many pics of supersofts cracked, I wouldn't have given the sim ball splitting a second thought. I hope it is not an issue. I like callaway as a company (I used their irons!) and by no means am wishing this ball to be a flop.
[/quote]
No worries man. I didn't mean to jump on you. I apologize. We share info and pass it on. What people can tire of is that, "Titleist is the best ball ever" talk. They make great stuff, but not everyone can use or afford it, and the attitude of those who use Titleist is that those who choose another option are somehow not really golfing. I've been a victim of that, and, lets just say, I didn't take it well! LOL

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1422849133' post='10866409']
No worries man. I didn't mean to jump on you. I apologize. We share info and pass it on. What people can tire of is that, "Titleist is the best ball ever" talk. They make great stuff, but not everyone can use or afford it, and the attitude of those who use Titleist is that those who choose another option are somehow not really golfing. I've been a victim of that, and, lets just say, I didn't take it well! LOL
[/quote]

All good. I don't use proV either. Overall just wanted to explain myself so everyone could see eye to eye. No harm no foul.

L.A.B Link.1

[quote name='ZBigStick' timestamp='1422850124' post='10866521']
Fact: all golf balls crack when used in a retail simulator.
[/quote]Yes they do. We have balls cracking all the time where I work. And I have cracked just about every Tour Ball made if I hit it enough times. And I swing mid to upper 90's speed.

Got another 2 rounds in with a single chrome soft this weekend.

I prefer the soft feel off the irons and wedges.

That being said I see no real difference in distances off the driver from the ProV1x, or B330(my favorite ball).

I'm also getting just as much bite as I would on any other premium ball.

I [i]might[/i] be getting a tad bit more distance off the irons than normal. Hard to say in the cooler weather.

Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
Mizuno MP-5 irons
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*
Odyssey White Ice 1

So this ball is my regular gamer now and I gave one to my regular playing partner yesterday. He plays ProV1X as well as Taylormade premiums. He is a high spin player around the greens and didn't notice any significant difference.
He loved how the ball felt putting and the fact that when you pure the thing it sounds and feels fantastic.

We're both 50+ very low single digit players and it reminds us of those good old days of balata, but yet not quite as soft. It's a fantastic upgrade. Way better than the SS.

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

I just picked up a sleeve of these last week, and got to get out on the course Friday afternoon. I lost two of the balls (one fell out of cart without me noticing, and the other fell victim to a water hazard), but pretty much played the entire round using only chrome soft. Also, after I finished the round, I snuck back out onto a few holes on the back nine to do some tests against some of the other model balls in my bag. Overall, first impressions are that I really enjoy the soft feel. I disagree somewhat with the reports that you can't feel where you hit it on the face. For me, I can definitely feel where I hit it on each shot, it's just that the feeling is dampened a lot, which I don't mind. The one brutal mistake I made though, is not doing some practice putting with this ball before the round. I had my most accurate round of the year ballstriking wise, hitting 7/13 fairways, and 11/18 greens...but I had 39 putts. 39. I'm a bad putter, but that's bad even for me. Had 4 3-putts and each one was because I blew the first putt by about 5-6 feet. Towards the last third of the round, I had gotten used to it a little bit. The thing is, I actually like this, as being someone who really likes to die putts into the hole, this I feel will help me to not have to feel like I have to ram every putt into the back of the hole. I just need to be smart and take some time on the greens to acclimate. After one round, I'm excited to play more rounds with this ball, and feel that with some practice time, I could really get to love this ball.

WITB 2023
- Srixon Zx5 mkII 10.5*, Tensei AV Blue 55s
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-TSi2 18* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-TSi2 21* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-50/54/58 Cleveland Zipcore TR, Fuji Pro 95 TS
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

[/quote]I kinda figured you would have liked the chrome soft as much as I do. I'm still a huge supporter of the super soft and still have 3 dozen and continue to play them. I feel like this CS picks up what the SS was missing around the greens. I have noticed that you are right about the spin off of the driver my fade fades a little more and my draw draws a little with the CS as opposed to the SS. So I guess its a toss up when it comes to what you like with these two. I like them both and am anxious to try the CS in much warmer weather. It was 11 degrees here this morning lol....

Cobra LTD LS 10.5*
Callaway Epic max 15*
Callaway Epic 3 hybrid 19*
Callaway ST pro 4-pw 
Cleveland RTX 50* 56*
Scotty Cameron X7M 

Been playing this ball last couple months, 5-6 rounds in with it. It will replace the Chrome +/SR3 for me. Blows the cover off SR3(firm), and peforms as good as the Chrome + for me, but feels softer by a large margin. NOT Marshmellow...that would be the Supersoft....just softer than the Chrome +. Feel is there on all shots and control is excellent. It will not fix a bad swing, but it does seem to reduce the side spin a touch for the slight fade or draw vs the mid fade or mid draw. I find I flight it a bit lower than Chrome + for me and get that nice penetrating 13.5-14* LA with my 5-8 yard fade...lowish spin off driver as it runs pretty well at impact. Putting and chipping feel like you are tossing the ball to the hole for me...a lot of control and consistency.

just my results.

Will be the ball for me next year.

You play the SR3, which is a 113 compression ball. I play the FG Tour X ('12), which is a 116 compression. If you think the Chrome Soft isn't a marshmallow, I don't even know how to comprehend that statement, and/or respond to it. Maybe I need to go hit the SuperSoft, but the Chrome Soft definitely felt like I was hitting a jumbo marshmallow. I originally had an unmarked sleeve and only took one ball out, and gave the other two to my son. Just got a full box in, so I'll give it one more testing and report back. This ball will not compare to the FGTX, PV1/X, B330, etc. Well, it will, but only for the folks that were playing the aforementioned balls and were out of their SS range.

20141227_234708_zpsb6d25d4b.jpg

Crome soft compression???

This ball plays so much like the older FG Tour its scary.

L.A.B Link.1

So, are any stores offering a buy 2/3 dozen get a dozen free specials for the Chrome Softs?

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

[quote name='Trane5' timestamp='1423071918' post='10883777']
So, are any stores offering a buy 2/3 dozen get a dozen free specials for the Chrome Softs?
[/quote]
No. They're too new. Usually only balls that are being phased out are priced like that.

Ok thanks!

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

Was reading this thread and figured I'd add in my 2 cents.
I've been playing the SR-3 ball for the last year - performance has just been flat out better than the ProV1x, TM TPs and Nike RZN Black. It really hasn't been close, honestly. Put all 4 on Trackman last year and the SR-3 was consistently 10-12 yds longer than the others with the driver (optimal spin/speed) and 4-6 yds on irons. So I decided to test the ChromeSoft against it, and glad that I did - have played 2 rounds with it so far. I've been shocked that the ChromeSoft has been performing as good, if not better than the SR-3. My 2 "long drive" holes on my home course, the CS was a few yards longer on each - not substantial, but worth noting. On irons, the CS might spin a hair more - when trying to draw the ball it has a little more side spin than the SR, but I wouldn't say wedges spin dramatically more, it's comparable. Both hold their lines really well in the wind. The feel of the CS is much better though, and really the differentiator. I haven't decided 100% which ball I'm going to play this year, but can't lose with either. I had gotten used to playing a firm ball, so the CS is definitely a change. Thinking softer courses I'll stick with the SR, but firmer go with the CS. Both are winners though - really think Callaway is knocking it out of the park with their golf balls. This is coming from someone who really wanted to try and play a Nike/TM (brand loyalty).

[quote name='duke2001j' timestamp='1423111497' post='10888045']
Was reading this thread and figured I'd add in my 2 cents.
I've been playing the SR-3 ball for the last year - performance has just been flat out better than the ProV1x, TM TPs and Nike RZN Black. It really hasn't been close, honestly. Put all 4 on Trackman last year and the SR-3 was consistently 10-12 yds longer than the others with the driver (optimal spin/speed) and 4-6 yds on irons. So I decided to test the ChromeSoft against it, and glad that I did - have played 2 rounds with it so far. I've been shocked that the ChromeSoft has been performing as good, if not better than the SR-3. My 2 "long drive" holes on my home course, the CS was a few yards longer on each - not substantial, but worth noting. On irons, the CS might spin a hair more - when trying to draw the ball it has a little more side spin than the SR, but I wouldn't say wedges spin dramatically more, it's comparable. Both hold their lines really well in the wind. The feel of the CS is much better though, and really the differentiator. I haven't decided 100% which ball I'm going to play this year, but can't lose with either. I had gotten used to playing a firm ball, so the CS is definitely a change. Thinking softer courses I'll stick with the SR, but firmer go with the CS. Both are winners though - really think Callaway is knocking it out of the park with their golf balls. This is coming from someone who really wanted to try and play a Nike/TM (brand loyalty).
[/quote]

Nice review!! I also loved the durability of the ball and how CONSISTENT the spin was overall....no ballooning and able to shape at will and knowing how it will turn out is nice..!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[quote name='Steven991' timestamp='1422925793' post='10871995']
[/quote]I kinda figured you would have liked the chrome soft as much as I do. I'm still a huge supporter of the super soft and still have 3 dozen and continue to play them. I feel like this CS picks up what the SS was missing around the greens. I have noticed that you are right about the spin off of the driver my fade fades a little more and my draw draws a little with the CS as opposed to the SS. So I guess its a toss up when it comes to what you like with these two. I like them both and am anxious to try the CS in much warmer weather. It was 11 degrees here this morning lol....
[/quote]

I gave the CS another go yesterday and struggled with it especially when the wind picked up. Off the tee I was all over the place with it. Switched back to the SS on the back 9 and could find the fairway once again. Chipping around the green, the CS really shines over the SS. Putting is about the same with either ball for me. But the better chipping is not enough for me to give up the SS.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

I had a chrome soft in play today and since I was the only guy on the course I played 2-3 balls off the tee. Spin and distance wise, I hit it next to the Pro V1 X mostly today and they were very comparable. Actually my longest tee ball of the day was with the chrome. Feel with the chrome soft is amazing, much better than the Pro V1X in my opinion. Feel off the putter is amazing, ball almost melts into the face of my scotty! I will give it a long look this year, I still want to compare it to the RZN black.

Taylor Made M5 - Project X HZRDUS Hulk 6.5 TX Taylor Made M6 - Tensei White 80 TX Miura MC 501 3-9 KBS C Taper 130 Vokey F Grind 46* - 51* Oil Can 56* K grind - 60* V grind Scotty Cameron 009 Oil Can

[quote name='Dscvrr St Louis' timestamp='1423165448' post='10891639']

Nice review!! I also loved the durability of the ball and how CONSISTENT the spin was overall....no ballooning and able to shape at will and knowing how it will turn out is nice..!!
[/quote]

Completely agree on the consistency and durability. Definitely the most unique ball I've played in a while.