2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Chrome Soft

scottaz

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pierso2' timestamp='1421690549' post='10776951']
Not sure if anyone has said this before but from what I've read in here and other places, it sounds a lot like the Bridgestone B330 RX or maybe the E5 with another layer added in? Let's hope the quality control is higher on this one than the Supersoft! I was told that the compression on those would range from 16 to 65 and the cores were breaking apart after repeated use from robots.
[/quote]

Considering B330 RX is a 3 piece construct as is Chrome Soft, not sure what you mean by another layer?

How can y'all compare to SuperSoft, other than for feel, as SuperSoft is a $20 non urethane, whereas Chrome Soft is 3 piece, 'almost tour' level ball with urethane cover? Might as well include Wilson Duos, Srixon SL, etc...

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

I played 18 today with a Chrome Soft. After that round, all I can say is that it ain't "all that". I wouldn't trade a dozen ProV1s for 1000 of the Chrome Soft. Decent distance and control in the air, but it lacked enough spin for me to control it into the greens. I have no problems spinning the ball but the Chrome Soft just lacked enough bite to suit my game. If I can't expect a ball to bite and stop from 60 yards it isn't worth my time.

Nike Vr Pro LE 8.5 degree
TEE CB Pro LE 13 degree
TEE XCGV 16.5 degree
Adams A4 Forged DG X100
Vokey Custom 54 & 58
Cameron CLN 1997 Custom Shop

I played the Chrome Soft today. Conditions were chilly (53*) and wet, as we've had 2" of rain over the last couple of days. After the round I went out for a few more holes and hit the Chrome Soft and Chrome+ for a direct comparison.

Driver - very soft off the driver with a muted sound. Several times the contact felt like I mishit the ball, but in fact I hadn't; it seems to fly my normal distance. I think its so soft off the driver it gives that feel. That might take some getting used to. I generally prefer a firmer feel off the driver.

Irons - flies higher than my normal XV and higher than the Chrome+. The Chrome Soft feels nice off the irons, but again I had to ask myself a few times if I had mishit a shot even though it seemed to fly my normal distance. It feels softer than the XV and Chrome+, but not mushy. Distance was about the same.

Wedges - I hit several chips with the Chrome Soft throughout the round. It didn't seem to bite quite as quickly as the XV or Chrome+, but it wasn't bad. The greens were a little softer than normal and rolling a little slower. I'll have to wait until things firm up before offering a more comprehensive comparison,

Putter - softer of the putter than the XV and Chrome+, but again not mushy. But like the driver, I had a hard time determining if and when I was hitting it pure. Distance control seemed fine.

PXG Black Ops 9.75* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Motore X F1 7X

PXG  Gen4 3 Iron - Recoil ES Hybrid F5

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DGTI120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI120 X100/S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

[quote name='caller' timestamp='1421672274' post='10775263']
played 4 rounds of golf with this Chrome Soft ball over the weekend.

- Wasn't a big fan of Callaway ball in the past.
- Always played ProV1x since I am a high spin player.
- play to 4 hcp, 105 mph driver speed, 90 mph 6i swing speed.
- short game is better than my driving game.

I was somewhat skeptical of this ball when my friend from Edwin Watts gave me some sample balls saying soft ball.

However, I played into 10-15mph wind and I was very impressed with this ball and here's why

- Doesn't spin crazy off the tee box. minimum same distance off the tee boxes with driver, hybrids.
- Did not balloon.
- Consistent check and release. No sudden braking.
- love the feel of putting and chipping. Great ball.
- When I pitch and chip down hill greens, I love how it slows down, No sudden brakes just easy braking.

I highly recommend this ball.

My friend who I play with in our foursome is a life long prov1x player (plus 2 hcpper) and loved the ball I gave him.

Callaway has a winner here.
[/quote]

Played another two rounds of golf yesterday since I was off for MLK day.
1st round in AM. teed off at 8am (around 44degree)
2nd round in PM teed off at 12:30pm (65degree)

Weather was so nice and strong wind from Sunday (10-15mph) was gone.

This two sample balls lasted 108 holes of golf (good or bad) and I can confidently say I will move from Prov1X to Chrome Soft.

Cold, wet, dry and warm all weathered and sliced, thinned, smothered/covered hook and it endured a lot of cart path and bunkers... still playable condition.

Only one complain I would have is that Callaway could have done some simple yet more elegant design/font but that is a small suggestion.

TaylorMade SIM 2 MAX Ventus Black Velocore
Ping G400 2 Hybrid Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Irons
Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number

[quote name='golfdad907' timestamp='1421700416' post='10778021']
Not sure if anyone has said this before but from what I've read in here and other places, it sounds a lot like the Bridgestone B330 RX or maybe the E5 with another layer added in? Let's hope the quality control is higher on this one than the Supersoft! I was told that the compression on those would range from 16 to 65 and the cores were breaking apart after repeated use from robots.
[/quote]

Considering B330 RX is a 3 piece construct as is Chrome Soft, not sure what you mean by another layer?

How can y'all compare to SuperSoft, other than for feel, as SuperSoft is a $20 non urethane, whereas Chrome Soft is 3 piece, 'almost tour' level ball with urethane cover? Might as well include Wilson Duos, Srixon SL, etc...
[/quote]

Sorry to not clarify...I meant the E5 with another layer added in. B330 RX is basically the same ball but in my opinion the RX is better. The dual dimple technology is a huge advantage and helps cheat the wind.

The biggest problem one will see with either golf ball is if you swing over 105 mph there will be a loss of distance (maybe only a few yards) on your driver in warm weather. Irons will fly further by a sizable amount in normal conditions and spin numbers may be lower because of the compression. I have played a lot with Bridgestone B330S and B330RX/RXS. I prefer to play the RX/RXS when it's cold because I know I'm not swinging at my full potential.

Kind of makes sense for them to debut a tour level golf ball with a softer core in the winter. Guys will be hitting it far when they buy it and go play in cooler weather but I can promise you once the temps go over 70 and you swing over 105 mph you'll be hitting shorter drives with much less spin but MONSTER irons!

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

[quote name='pierso2' timestamp='1421771365' post='10783387']
[quote name='golfdad907' timestamp='1421700416' post='10778021']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry to not clarify...I meant the E5 with another layer added in. B330 RX is basically the same ball but in my opinion the RX is better. The dual dimple technology is a huge advantage and helps cheat the wind.

The biggest problem one will see with either golf ball is if you swing over 105 mph there will be a loss of distance (maybe only a few yards) on your driver in warm weather. Irons will fly further by a sizable amount in normal conditions and spin numbers may be lower because of the compression. I have played a lot with Bridgestone B330S and B330RX/RXS. I prefer to play the RX/RXS when it's cold because I know I'm not swinging at my full potential.

Kind of makes sense for them to debut a tour level golf ball with a softer core in the winter. Guys will be hitting it far when they buy it and go play in cooler weather but I can promise you once the temps go over 70 and you swing over 105 mph you'll be hitting shorter drives with much less spin but MONSTER irons!
[/quote]

Having played the ball in 70+ temps a few times before the season was winding down, I would disagree about the distance loss on the driver. Was playing Chrome + and actually gained a few yards with the Chrome Soft. Softer compression doesn't always mean the whole deflects the same way. It will depend on the middle layer and how thick the cover is. Main deal for me was a softer ball than the Chrome + with alot of the same playability. Found it to be lower side spin than the Chrome + also.

SS 106-109 mph driver. And Hex aerodynamics into the wind have been some of the best balls I have played due to the design of the dimples and 100% coverage on the ball.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Played side by side a Nike rzn black today. 70 degrees and sunny. 115-120ss driver. 100ss 6i. 12ish cap.

DRIVER DISTANCE: rzn blk by 10 yards. That being said I have played rzn blk vs a bunch of other balls (chrome+, prov1x, u/4x) and it has all of those by 10 yards as well.
IRON DISTANCE: chrome soft by 8 or so yards. Call it 1/2 to 3/4 club longer. No inconsistent distances (I felt the supersoft caught an occasional extra five yards out of nowhere occasionally), just long as hell of irons.
LONG GAME SPIN: didn't not see much of a difference, but course was kinda wet.
SHORT GAME SPIN: rzn blk by a touch. It was even all day. Some low tight bitty spinners with both balls, but I felt the Nike rzn just rip tighter after first bounce and let out less. This is an estimate. It's just how I felt today on a whole.
PUTTING: shock the world... Chrome soft. Sure it comes off superballish like the supersoft, but not to the same degree at all. With a milled Scotty with no insert it just makes me putt smoother and I get wonderful feel and touch. I never feel I have to get it there yet rarely shoot one way past hole. I like the midway point of chrome + and supersoft.
FEEL: chrome soft. No question. Off everything but driver. I like feeling the ball jump off driver, this feels a touch mushy, but only off driver. With irons and wedges... I love the soft feel. Feels like a balata and I feel like I have great control on spinning it... Ball feels like its on the face longer if you catch my drift.

Big question: will I bag it? No... I don't think so. Why? I love hitting driver and I hit it well. The rzn blk is hands down the best golfball I've ever driven. Easy to hit straight and long long long! All the other categories the rzn blk is overall equal. Plus I'm used to it and know my distances. To me... It's a cheaper prov1x.

But that's just my opinion.

Ping G430 10k - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - DG x100ss

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind 64 - KBS C-Taper 130x

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS
Best Grips Perforated Leather
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

The rzn black is my gamer ball as well and I think the players that enjoy that kind of feel and performance will find it most difficult to make the adjustment to the chrome soft.

There is no doubt there is a significant driver distance for me. Hate it with the putter. If you don't get along with those two guys in the bag...

Just played a quick 9 with the Chrome Soft and was blown away. Swing speed is 106-108 on simulator. Didn't think I would like a "soft" ball, but changed my mind in the first 3 holes. Less spin with a driver and an increase in distance. Can't draw it like the pro v 1 x but my ball flight was a lot straighter. Hit a 6 iron 187 into par 5 1st hole to 20 feet. Don't understand the "no spin" with wedges reviews I have been reading ? Even short irons stopped quick. Used a 60 wedge to chip on every hole just to see what kind of spin it had. One hop and stop. This was an IJGA home course. Always rolls and the greens are tight. Had a 47 yd shot into par 5 7, yanked it back about 5 feet. Although my shot was about 20 feet short . All in all, I was loving this ball after 9 holes. Stopped by Dick's Spt Goods and picked up 2 dozen on the way home. I use Calloway Mac Daddy 2 tour grind wedges. 47,54, and 60. Irons were about 4-5 yds longer. Loved the feel off the face on iron shots. Will use this ball for some time and see what happens. So far, I love the ball. Takes some getting use to the sound on tee shots. No pop like the Pro V 1x's, just a muffled sound due to the softness. Big difference putting. Nothing I can't adjust, just jumps off the face quicker. Blew a few putts by 4-5 feet. Was getting better towards the end.

Played it again today... next to RZN black.

WHY CAN'T THIS BALL BE AS LONG AS THE RZN!!!!!!

I love the ball. Prefer it off every club except driver (and 3 wood for that matter, but I rarely hit 3 wood)

Using RTX wedges today for first time and man does this ball grip from 30 yards. Slightly better than the RZN black.

I don't see how anyone could say its any shorter than the prov1x with a high swing speed. I had one Prov1x in my bag and hit it with wind at back on 18 today and then hit chrome soft and RZN black also. I nutted the prov1x and chrome soft and caught the RZN just a touch off the toe.

RZN Black - 318
Chrome Soft - 311
Prov1x - 309

The RZN just explodes. I hit driver really well today and can confidently say the chrome and prov1x drives were as good as I can hit them... the RZN black slightly toed still went further. For reference, another hole with same tail wind (call it 10mph) I nutted the RZN black and got 331. It was a flat open fairway that got a good amount of rain last week so I do not feel any ball got significant roll advantages. All were done with GPS marking from box and walking to the three balls inividually.

The thing is if I give up say 10-15 off the driver and pick up 10 off irons does that make for equality? I'm hitting the same club on approach...

For me the answer is yes. First... driver is an ego thing, especially if you are bubba long. Second, even if I can hit chrome soft from 175 with 8iron and RZN 165 with 8iron, I just feel closer and more confident from 165.

Again, my opinion, FWIW.

It is a great ball, if I had not ever played the RZN black, I would be bagging it exclusively. But the RZN is fairly soft and has the same spin so it remains king for me.

L.A.B Link.1

Played 36 today... again chrome soft vs. RZN black, but much more wind today.

The Chrome soft is oustanding in the wind. Drives into the wind were going further than the RZN by 8-10.

Overall I guess I'm still unsure about the ball. As stated in the previous posts I made I really prefer it on everything but driver vs the Nike, but today I hit the chrome soft longer on all but one drive, and the long drive of the day was with chrome soft.

I was about to give up on this ball due to the 10 yard loss on driver (vs RZN Black), but today threw me a monkey wrench, as the chrome soft was as long or longer. I guess I'm going to keep demoing it and see how it plays out over more rounds.

L.A.B Link.1

I'm very excited to give the Chrome Soft a try. Your testing and reviews are very helpful. I've had success with softer tour balls so, I think the Chrome will work nicely for me.

Cobra F8+ 9.5 - Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S
Cobra F8+14* - Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S
TM RBZ Black19* & 22* hybrids
TM P790 5-AW - TT DG105 S300
Titleist SM7 wedges 54* 58*
Ping Karsten Series Zing putter

[quote name='bigsting' timestamp='1421929267' post='10796307']
I'd love to see a side by side comparison to the Wilson FG Tours, I know its a 4 piece compared to a 3 piece, but they sound very similar in performance.
[/quote]compared today....wilson was very similar in iron distance but not close in driver distance...callaway us a touch softer

Hit one today ona sim vs a TM TP X. Actually hit my longest drive with the chrome soft but I feel in average ball speeds were about 3 mph slower with it. Feel though of irons and putter may be worth the decreased ball speed with the driver. Was afraid it would feel too soft but that wasn't the case. Bought the dozen and got the two pack. I'll just take them back if I don't like them.

TM Qi10LS Hulk PVD 70TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

[quote name='Mahamilto' timestamp='1421959104' post='10799079']
Played 36 today... again chrome soft vs. RZN black, but much more wind today.

The Chrome soft is oustanding in the wind. Drives into the wind were going further than the RZN by 8-10.

Overall I guess I'm still unsure about the ball. As stated in the previous posts I made I really prefer it on everything but driver vs the Nike, but today I hit the chrome soft longer on all but one drive, and the long drive of the day was with chrome soft.

I was about to give up on this ball due to the 10 yard loss on driver (vs RZN Black), but today threw me a monkey wrench, as the chrome soft was as long or longer. I guess I'm going to keep demoing it and see how it plays out over more rounds.
[/quote]

Hex Aerodynamics working there...very solid in the wind!

I think alot of people are going to have to just PLAY the ball for a few rounds in a row and see what it does. They(not necessarily you) tend to read 'soft' ball and think they may have to change their swing or it will deflect more since softer..etc....JUST PLAY IT and see how it performs. I gave a few to buddies to try and didn't say anything about compression till 4-5 holes in....they shrugged it off, it had excelled over their previous ball quite a bit in those 4-5 holes. That layer between the core and the cover doesn't give as much as some other three piece balls, so it makes it harder to deflect too much over most all soft core balls. just sayin.

Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

It took 36 holes for me to form an opinion, occasionally going back to the Chrome+ to compare. Here's what I think overall:

It didn't take long for me to realize there was an increase on distance. With a compression rating of 15-20 points less than a Chrome+ (or whatever it is), it was easy to see. I hit a lot of long iron shots before I realized I had to club down one. A 206-yard 5-iron is all technology from a solid hit. Frankly it scared me a bit. I was laying up short (or so I thought) because I knew I couldn't get to the group in front of me. As soon as I hit it, I knew it could be bad. I missed the green on the right, and gave a frantic "I'm sorry" wave. I assure you, the most I can normally get out of a 5-iron is 190. No more.

What made it better than the Chrome+ was the elimination of sidespin. I have a left to right ball flight. It's just natural for me. It was going straighter and I had a difficult time at first getting it to turn over a bit. I visited a lot of left side bunkers before I adjusted. But it absolutely reduces side-spin. Off the face of a 915D2 driver, it was freaking incredible. The driver is long. The ball made it insane. It was most noticeable when I flew a 240 yard bunker by 20 yards. It was probably a mix of all the technology and just hammering it on the sweet spot.

As for greenside spin, this is where it was not quite what I wanted from it. I wanted a bit more check that I got with it in comparison with the Chrome+. Was it bad? No, it was quite good in fact, but I was wanting just a bit more of what I was accustomed to.

Off the putter was an adjustment. It was soft. Not marshmellowy soft, but soft. I had to shorten my backswing on my putts because I was sending it 3-5 feet past the hole consistently. Once I figured that out, I was leaving myself with 12-15 inches with misses.

Durability? Zero issues. Very durable. I used one ball for almost 12 holes before I lost it in the junk.

I feel perfectly comfortable using this ball and my Chrome+ stash (about 250). For me and my swing, it works very well.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[QUOTE]Off the putter was an adjustment. It was soft. Not marshmellowy soft, but soft. I had to shorten my backswing on my putts because I was sending it 3-5 feet past the hole consistently. Once I figured that out, I was leaving myself with 12-15 inches with misses.
[/QUOTE]
I think it's important to list if you (global, not you specifically) use a solid metal/milled putter, or insert when posting reviews. As we found with the supersoft last year, those with insert putters had a harder time getting used to the ball speed than those with full metal or milled putters. On a green that stimps at a 9-10 with the milled putter, it made it look like it rolled at an 11, but would slow more near the hole. Would be interesting to see if this is the same with the ChromeSoft.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1422032570' post='10803935']
[QUOTE]Off the putter was an adjustment. It was soft. Not marshmellowy soft, but soft. I had to shorten my backswing on my putts because I was sending it 3-5 feet past the hole consistently. Once I figured that out, I was leaving myself with 12-15 inches with misses.
[/QUOTE]
I think it's important to list if you (global, not you specifically) use a solid metal/milled putter, or insert when posting reviews. As we found with the supersoft last year, those with insert putters had a harder time getting used to the ball speed than those with full metal or milled putters. On a green that stimps at a 9-10 with the milled putter, it made it look like it rolled at an 11, but would slow more near the hole. Would be interesting to see if this is the same with the ChromeSoft.

--kC
[/quote]
Good point. My insert isn't metal, but I can use one to see what the difference is.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1422033866' post='10804085']
[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1422032570' post='10803935']
[/QUOTE]

--kC
[/quote]
Good point. My insert isn't metal, but I can use one to see what the difference is.
[/quote]

Told you ...you are screwed....!!

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[b]UPDATE: [/b]Hit these on an indoor LM last night at golftEC.

[u][b]Driver SS 120mph - 6i SS 100mph[/b][/u][list]
[*]Feel: (D-) Never gave me any feedback to my hands. I can always feel my mis-hits, but with this ball I had no clue.
[*]Sound: (C+) Balata ball sound for the ages. Not terrible, but not good. It makes the same sound no matter what. I prefer a solid pop from the driver and a crisp sound off an iron like from the ProV1X.
[/list]
Sample testing size was 25 shots with each club. Maybe it's the right ball for someone, but definitely not the right ball for me.

Haggin Oaks is giving away 2 free sleeves if you're in the Sacramento area. While supplies last.

Edit: [i]Remitting the previous remarks about distance and spin from LM[/i]

Played approx. 12 holes with the Soft yesterday. I enjoyed the ball and thought it made for a very good winter/windy ball.

Everyone says to fit a ball, start from the green and work back to the tee. I prefer a marshmallow around the greens, preferring the feel on soft lobs and smooth little chips.

I will continue to give this ball play time and see what happens.

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

Feel and sound are definitely personal preference and subjective (much like my cars, I really don't care as long as they do the job).

But those spin and distance numbers are whacked, and I'm betting it's the LM. There is NO WAY a LM says 240yds for a 120SS, for almost any ball. I'd think those Fs you gave are all from the LM. I mean, you can't tell us that an F is deserved when the LM sucks. :lol:

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

Yeah. LM issue for sure. I25 with pwr75 tour x at around 117 was giving me 2500ish spin average. No chance 1200 is right. Even the lowest spinning head and shaft combo wouldn't net you that with 115+ss. I was averaging about 305-315 with those numbers and I think launch was in the 13.5 range, but I'm not 100%

L.A.B Link.1

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1422041472' post='10804819']
Feel and sound are definitely personal preference and subjective (much like my cars, I really don't care as long as they do the job).

But those spin and distance numbers are whacked, and I'm betting it's the LM. There is NO WAY a LM says 240yds for a 120SS, for almost any ball. I'd think those Fs you gave are all from the LM. I mean, you can't tell us that an F is deserved when the LM sucks. :lol:

--kC
[/quote]

For a control I was hitting it alongside a ProV1x. GolfTEC uses Taylormade balls on it typically, neither of which had any issues.

The weird readings were only with the driver. So idk, neither of us could really explain it. And he's a PGA teaching Pro that uses the LM everyday for lessons.