scottaz

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dscvrr St Louis' timestamp='1420483519' post='10689849']
[quote name='Justmuckit' timestamp='1420469640' post='10688569']
[quote name='Dscvrr St Louis' timestamp='1420466454' post='10688361']
From the feedback I have gotten from players I have given the ball to and trust, low cappers, longer hitters(285+), good wedge players and strike their irons well, this ball is MONEY! Myself included will be playing this this year. One guy asked when he can order a small pallet to stock up!! LOL!! But if you put this ball in play and ignore everything you have read about it, I am sure the overall result will be positive...just play it and see for yourself. One of the best overall balls I have played and one of the softest at this level of performance.
[/quote]

I may have missed it Leif, but does this ball spin as much as Chrome+ around the greens?

I really liked the Chrome+ until I started sucking back shots with short irons, something I'm unable to do with any other ball. Too much spin.
[/quote]

This ball spins less than the Chrome + overall. I found that on longer clubs it spins quite a bit less, especially side spin. On the shorter clubs, it spins very well, and is not moving alot after impact on the greens. Those are my results of course. I do spin it back 2-4 feet on softer greens and have had the 1 or 2 that I really got steeper than usual on that spun back 8-10 feet at most...but for the most part, normal shots are within a foot or two of where they land.

Buddy of mine hits a pretty good push draw that usually starts on the right edge of fairway and gets back to center or just left of center...first five holes he played this ball aimed like normal with driver and was a foot into the right hand rough on each shot..all well struck, just didn't move as much as he thought they would normally. he adjusted and loves the ball.
[/quote]

Thanks for your input.

Any comparisons to other tour balls? TPX, XV, ProV1X, etc?

Been playing this ball last couple months, 5-6 rounds in with it. It will replace the Chrome +/SR3 for me. Blows the cover off SR3(firm), and peforms as good as the Chrome + for me, but feels softer by a large margin. NOT Marshmellow...that would be the Supersoft....just softer than the Chrome +. Feel is there on all shots and control is excellent. It will not fix a bad swing, but it does seem to reduce the side spin a touch for the slight fade or draw vs the mid fade or mid draw. I find I flight it a bit lower than Chrome + for me and get that nice penetrating 13.5-14* LA with my 5-8 yard fade...lowish spin off driver as it runs pretty well at impact. Putting and chipping feel like you are tossing the ball to the hole for me...a lot of control and consistency.

just my results.

Will be the ball for me next year.

You play the SR3, which is a 113 compression ball. I play the FG Tour X ('12), which is a 116 compression. If you think the Chrome Soft isn't a marshmallow, I don't even know how to comprehend that statement, and/or respond to it. Maybe I need to go hit the SuperSoft, but the Chrome Soft definitely felt like I was hitting a jumbo marshmallow. I originally had an unmarked sleeve and only took one ball out, and gave the other two to my son. Just got a full box in, so I'll give it one more testing and report back. This ball will not compare to the FGTX, PV1/X, B330, etc. Well, it will, but only for the folks that were playing the aforementioned balls and were out of their SS range.

20141227_234708_zpsb6d25d4b.jpg

It's a 65 compression ball...

Played 18 yesterday in the wet stuff and loved this ball so far.My fourth full swing of the day with it I holed one from 125 for eagle, landed about 1 ft behind the hole and spun back in. Very good low spin off the driver/3 wood and pretty long. I hadn't played in 3 weeks before yesterday and I was hitting it pure; I know that's not ball related, but I was surprised I was able to give this ball a fair assessment thinking I wouldn't be in very good form.

I think I like it more than the chrome + as it spun just enough around the greens and was Pro V soft. I lost one and then grabbed a Pro V on a 125 par 3 next hole; pin was middle frontish and green sloped from back to front. I landed one about 20ft past the hole hoping to bring it back and spun the thing 20ft PAST the hole off the front of the green. i don't think I would have had that issue with the Chrome Soft.

16' M1 Fuji Pro TS 60x
915f 15* D+ 80x
915h 19* D+ 90x
Pro Black CB1 4-PW PX 6.0
RTX 3 50* S400
SM6 54*. 58* C Taper 120
Works Limited #7

Anyone know how these feel/perform vs say a B330-RX or RXS? I love the feel and performance of those but if I could get something similar for cheaper you won't hear me complain.

Titleist 915D2 10.5º - Diamana Blue 60 S
Callaway X2Hot Pro 4W 17º - Aldila Tour Green

Titleist 915H 20° - Diamana Blue 70 S
Cobra AMP Forged (4-PW) - KBS Tour S+
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50°/54°/58° - TTDG Spinner Tour
Seemore Nashville mFGP Blade

From what I've read, a lot of people are comparing this to the Chrome+, but to me it sounds more like a softer replacement to the normal Chrome ball which was discontinued last year and which I loved. Is anyone able to give any comparison information between these two? I tried the Supersoft last year and although I gained distance in my irons and wedges, they just seemed to die on me off the driver. I've got about a 102-105 SS.

I will be purchasing some of these in the very near future for a comparison against my beloved Srixon Z-Star XV.

This thread has piqued my interested for sure.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Ventus Velocore Red 7X

PXG  Gen3 3 Iron - Aldila RIP Phenom HYB 100 

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

[quote name='bmc1979' timestamp='1420639635' post='10700629']
From what I've read, a lot of people are comparing this to the Chrome+, but to me it sounds more like a softer replacement to the normal Chrome ball which was discontinued last year and which I loved. Is anyone able to give any comparison information between these two? I tried the Supersoft last year and although I gained distance in my irons and wedges, they just seemed to die on me off the driver. I've got about a 102-105 SS.
[/quote]

Two different animals IMO. I find them to be a closer comparison to the supersoft than the Chrome+. I lost about 15 yards with the new one vs the Chrome+ with the driver.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

I'm anxious to put these in play next week. I'll compare them directly against the C+, since that is my ball of choice.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I have a couple of boxes of the sr1 and sr2 and also had a supersoft that I found....made an eagle with the sr1 and the ball is pretty nice...hit the supersoft and didn't really feel that much difference in distance or bite, etc. both woriked well...wish they came in yellow though...for that, I had to use chrome models..
still like them better than any of the titleist models out now.

[quote name='cg2440' timestamp='1420676510' post='10704845']
I have a couple of boxes of the sr1 and sr2 and also had a supersoft that I found....made an eagle with the sr1 and the ball is pretty nice...hit the supersoft and didn't really feel that much difference in distance or bite, etc. both woriked well...wish they came in yellow though...for that, I had to use chrome models..
still like them better than any of the titleist models out now.
[/quote]

Supersoft comes in yellow.

[url="http://www.callawaygolf.com/balls/callaway-golf-balls/balls-2014-supersoft-yellow.html"]http://www.callawayg...oft-yellow.html[/url]

Chrome Soft will too.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/golf-balls/balls-2015-chrome-soft-yellow.html

PXG Bat Attack H

[quote name='Krizar' timestamp='1420686792' post='10706129']
Is it a different yellow? I really wasn't a fan of the Chrome + road paint color
[/quote]

I hope so. I wasn't a fan of the Chrome yellow either.

I have a box of yellow on order. Ships on January 16.

PXG Bat Attack H

[quote name='tmcnulty30' timestamp='1420689606' post='10706411']
Spoke with the rep... He had trackman numbers from callaway staff.... Around 700 rpm less spin off the driver in comparison to the sr3 ball... Pretty intrigued!
[/quote]Pair that with a SLDR 430 and a low launch low spin shaft - and voila Tim Wakefield :)

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1420686961' post='10706149']
Is it a different yellow? I really wasn't a fan of the Chrome + road paint color
[/quote]

[/quote]

From the online pics it appears to be the same yellow as the Chrome and Supersoft yellow. Bummer. Was hoping for more Srixon-esque yellow

_________________________________________________________________________________________

:taylormade: Qi10 Max 12* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5R

PING G430 SFT 5w 19* | 7w 22* Alta CB Black (set to +/Flat)

Exotics Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design Tour G

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke HL 6-AW True Temper Elevate 85R

PING Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* | Smart Sole C 4.0

PING 2023 Anser 2D

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1420645622' post='10701213']
I will be purchasing some of these in the very near future for a comparison against my beloved Srixon Z-Star XV.

This thread has piqued my interested for sure.
[/quote]

intrested in this comparison, let me know your findings...tried a few balls, but not one has beaten the XV. Wilson FGX was close but not as durable

TaylorMade M2 2016, 8.0* UST ATTAS GoGo 5 6X
TaylorMade SLDR 14.3* UST Chrome 8FT5
Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 18* Speeder TS HB 9.8X
Srixon Z 765 4-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S
Titleist SM6 50F, 56M, 60K Kuro Kage TiNi LBP 105TX
Evnroll ER2

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/921839-first-witb-guess-where-im-from/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='erock9174' timestamp='1420717530' post='10707429']
[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1420686961' post='10706149']
[/quote]

[/quote]

From the online pics it appears to be the same yellow as the Chrome and Supersoft yellow. Bummer. Was hoping for more Srixon-esque yellow
[/quote]

Me too. The Srixon yellow is awesome. We shall see. I will post some comparison photos when they arrive.

PXG Bat Attack H

[quote name='DrunkMonkey' timestamp='1420688660' post='10706333']
I pre-ordered a dozen Chrome Soft in white direct from Callaway this morning. I've already received a shipment notification. I don't know if they're actually shipping them prior to the 16th or if the e-mail was a snafu. Guess I'll find out in a few days.
[/quote]

Mine have shipped also!! Can't play as it is 4* feeling -4* as I type this...sooooo....just get them in and put them in the corner with the rest of the golf stuff!!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[quote name='roho' timestamp='1420726298' post='10707883']reportedly, Chrome soft compression=65 vs. Supersoft compression=38. That's why all the Gorillas here think it's a marshmellow, cause it is![/quote]It's definitely 65 according to my friend Phil who sent me some. [attachment=2561987:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1420731740.152659.jpg]

[quote name='denvergolf' timestamp='1420731757' post='10708525']
[quote name='roho' timestamp='1420726298' post='10707883']reportedly, Chrome soft compression=65 vs. Supersoft compression=38. That's why all the Gorillas here think it's a marshmellow, cause it is![/quote]It's definitely 65 according to my friend Phil who sent me some. [attachment=2561987:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1420731740.152659.jpg]
[/quote]
Phil really needs to lighten up a bit. Typing personal letters then putting a stamped signature on the bottom. What's wrong with the old hand written "how's it going"? Did he mention how his share portfolio is travelling?

[quote name='playa' timestamp='1420747910' post='10710481']
[quote name='denvergolf' timestamp='1420731757' post='10708525']
[/quote]
Phil really needs to lighten up a bit. Typing personal letters then putting a stamped signature on the bottom. What's wrong with the old hand written "how's it going"? Did he mention how his share portfolio is travelling?
[/quote]I did think it was a little formal, considering our relationship. I am inspired to know it's THE BEST piece of equipment he's ever gotten from Callaway though.

I'm a Titleist guy but am so super excited by this Chrone soft ball! It's a throw back to the balata days; and who doesn't miss the feel of balata?

Anyway, do we know what price point it's going to be pitched at? Also, is the 16th of Jan a global release? Or is the 16th just a US release?

Thanking you kindly.

TG

[quote name='DrunkMonkey' timestamp='1420688660' post='10706333']
I pre-ordered a dozen Chrome Soft in white direct from Callaway this morning. I've already received a shipment notification. I don't know if they're actually shipping them prior to the 16th or if the e-mail was a snafu. Guess I'll find out in a few days.
[/quote]My order was delivered just a few minutes ago - ordered them last Friday.

[quote name='tweedygent' timestamp='1420836809' post='10717525']
I'm a Titleist guy but am so super excited by this Chrone soft ball! It's a throw back to the balata days; and who doesn't miss the feel of balata?

Anyway, do we know what price point it's going to be pitched at? Also, is the 16th of Jan a global release? Or is the 16th just a US release?

Thanking you kindly.

TG
[/quote]$37.99 I believe - at least that's the US price