2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2014 Race to Dubai Final Series....DP World Tour Championship....Nov 17th - 23rd

kemau

DP World Tour Championship

150714_10152445506285969_5750423350513167031_n.jpg?oh=cca783ff0c758856ad2f7502f349db4a&oe=54DBF705&__gda__=1424387801_187ab5123b7afd5a9f63b8f664f0c1af

_icon-facebook.png

DP WORLD TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP

ET

_icon-twitter.png

DP WORLD TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP

ET

• TOURNAMENT DESCRIPTION •

The European Tour’s season-ending showcase will see some of the best players in the world contesting one of the most prestigious titles in golf at Jumeirah Golf Estates in Dubai from Thursday 20 to Sunday 23 November and at the end of the week, the tournament will crown both the DP World Tour Championship and The Race to Dubai champions. Henrik Stenson will defend his title and Rory McIlroy will be crowned The Race to Dubai champion for the second time.

72 holes stroke play event – no cut.

• FACTS AND FIGURES •

First played: 2009

Past winners: Lee Westwood, 2009; Robert Karlsson, 2010; Alvaro Quiros, 2011; Rory McIlroy, 2012; Henrik Stenson, 2013

Youngest winner: Rory McIlroy, 23 years and 205 days, 2012

Oldest winner: Robert Karlsson, 41 years and 86 days, 2010

Lowest 18 hole score: 62 (-10), Justin Rose, 2012

Lowest first 18 hole score: 64 (-8) Peter Hanson, 2011

Lowest first 36 hole score: 132 (-12), Alvaro Quiros, 2011, Henrik Stemson, 2013

Lowest first 54 hole score: 199 (-17), Rory McIlroy, Luke Donald, 2012, Henrik Stenson, 2013

Lowest 72 hole score: 263 (-25), Henrik Stenson, 2013

Lowest under par winning score: 263 (-25), Henrik Stenson, 2013

Lowest final round by a winner: 64 (-8), Lee Westwood, 2009, Henrik Stenson, 2013

Wire-to-wire-winners: None

Largest 18 hole lead: 1 shot, Robert Allenby, 2009; Robert Karlsson, 2010; Peter Hanson, 2011; Luke Donald, 2012; Alejandro Cañizares, 2013

Largest 36 hole lead: 4 shots, Alvaro Quiros, 2011

Largest 54 hole lead: 3 shots, Rory McIlroy, Luke Donald, 2012

Largest winning margin: 6 shots, Lee Westwood, 2009, Henrik Stenson, 2013

Biggest final round comeback by a winner: 3 shots, Robert Karlsson, 2010

Play-offs: Robert Karlsson beat Ian Poulter, 2010

Holes-in-one: Charl Schwartzel, Rnd 1, hole 6, 2010; Ignacio Garrido, Rnd 4, hole 6, 2010; Stephen Gallacher, Rnd 4, hole 4, 2012; Joost Luiten, Rnd 4, hole 6, 2012

• 2014 DP WORLD TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP FIELD •

Entry List

• NOTES ON THE DP WORLD TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP •

- There are 21 different countries represented among the 60 players competing. They are: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Paraguay, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, United States and Wales.

- Here is the breakdown of players by nation: England, 16, South Africa nine, Spain and Sweden four each, France, Northern Ireland and Scotland with three, two for Denmark, Germany, Italy and the United States. There is one each for: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Paraguay, Thailand and Wales.

- Miguel Angel Jiménez is the oldest player at 50. In all there are seven members of the 60 man field aged 40 and over. They are: Jiménez (50), Thongchai Jaidee (45), Ernie Els (45) and Robert Karlsson (45) Thomas Bjørn (43), Lee Westwood (41) and Stephen Gallacher (40).

- Tyrrell Hatton is the youngest player in the field, aged 23 and 37 days. There are two other players also aged 23, Eddie Pepperell and Romain Wattel.

- The field is made up of 29 winners from the 2014 European Tour season. Eight of those 29 are placed in the top ten of The Race to Dubai. The two players within the top ten yet to win are, Henrik Stenson, (second) and Victor Dubuisson (tenth).

- The 60 man field contains 51 different European Tour winners, eight players to have been European Tour Number One and seven Major Champions.

- There are four players in the field who have recorded multiple victories during the 2014 season. They are: Rory McIlroy (four) and Miguel Angel Jiménez, Alexander Levy and Mikko Ilonen, (with two each).

- Of the 60 players, Jamie Donaldson, Joost Luiten and Henrik Stenson, have amassed the most top five finishes with seven. The Swede also has the most top tens’, with nine.

- Fabrizio Zanotti and Wade Ormsby are the only 2013 European Tour Qualifying School graduates to make the top 60.

- Brooks Koepka and Tyrrell Hatton are the two 2013 Challenge Tour graduates to make the final event.

- Koepka and Hatton are also the only two rookies have made it through.

- During the season five players have been Number One in The Race to Dubai. The 2014 winner, Rory McIlroy has spent the last 17 weeks at the top. The other four were: Thomas Bjørn (24), Jamie Donaldson (three) and Mads Ørum Madsen and Charl Schwartzel (one week each).

- Rory McIlroy made history by becoming the first player to finish Number One, twice since The Race to Dubai was introduced in 2009.

- There are 12 players making their debut this week. They are: Matthew Baldwin, Kristoffer Broberg, Oliver Fisher, Emiliano Grillo, Tyrrell Hatton, Brooks Koepka, Alexander Levy, David Lipsky, Wade Ormsby, Eddie Pepperell, Andy Sullivan and Fabrizio Zanottii.

- Of the 60, Oliver Wilson began the season as a Challenge Tour Member, until he won the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship. David Lipsky was an Affiliate Member before he claimed the Omega European Masters.

• THE COURSE •

EARTH COURSE: This is a massive 7706 yard championship course designed by Greg Norman. The course is inspired by the parkland courses of North America & Europe & is a beautifully maintained layout. With undulating fairways, deep bunkers, huge dips in elevation & clever contouring around the greens this is a very challenging course. The wind on this course can be severe on some holes & throws up unpredictable scenarios. Water is strategically in play on some of the holes & it is usually a daunting feature which forces golfers into rethinking club selection & strategy. One of the best examples is the 18th hole – a uphill 651 yard Par 5 where a meandering water stream runs all along the center of the fairway – making a perfect shot down the center of the fairway a nightmare!

The course is host to the culmination of the European Tour season & golf’s ultimate prize – the RACE TO DUBAI grand finale event – the DUBAI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ! The course has 99 bunkers & has Bermuda grass greens. With four sets of tees to choose from – they play to 7706, 7045, 6473 & 5435 yards respectively, golfers are spoilt for choice. The clubhouse has a massive proshop & a large F&B area. The driving range & practice facilities are located around the clubhouse & are world class.

242975_m16.jpg

hole1.png

hole2.png

hole3.png

hole4.png

hole5.png

hole6.png

hole7.png

hole8.png

hole9.png

hole10.png

hole11.png

hole12.png

hole13.png

hole14.png

hole15.png

hole16.png

hole17.png

hole18.png

• 2013 DP WORLD TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION HENRIK STENSON •

henrik-stenson_1.jpg

Henrik Stenson hailed a "dream season" as he claimed a historic double in fitting fashion by storming to victory in the DP World Tour Championship in Dubai.

Stenson became the first man to win The Race to Dubai and FedEx Cup on the US PGA Tour thanks to a commanding six shot victory at Jumeirah Golf Estates.

The 37 year old carded a flawless closing 64, signing off in style with a tap-in eagle on the 18th, to finish with a tournament-record total of 25 under par, with money list rival Ian Poulter a valiant second following a 66.

"It has been an incredible summer for me, the (autumn) in America was great and now this," said Stenson, who was also second in The Open Championship and third in the US PGA Championship. "It has been a dream season.

"I played so well this week. I knew the guys would try to catch me, especially Ian who never gives up. I wanted to stay ahead of him and I managed to do that.

"I don't know how I am going to be able to top this next year but I am going to give my best in the Majors and that (becoming the first male Swedish player to win one) would be the icing on the cake."

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greens were 12'6" for the pro am yesterday and as true as true can be.

They'll be at 13 tomorrow morning and held there all week.

My bud played the pro am yesterday with Brandon Grace, said the course is as pure as ever.

I've got BMW Hospitality tomorrow, should get there mid afternoon to see the last few groups come up 18.

Final Grand Prix of the season on Sunday in Abu Dhabi as well, not a bad week of sport in the UAE!

[quote name='caseFSU' timestamp='1416335276' post='10467449']
Here's to hoping Koepka pulls out another one!
[/quote]

[url="http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/koepka-gets-food-poisoning-after-euro-tour-win/"][b]Koepka gets food poisoning after Euro Tour win[/b][/url]

November 19, 2014

Brooks Koepka’s victory celebration was short-lived. He came down with food poisoning on the flight from Turkey to Dubai and hasn’t been well enough to play a practice round in advance of this week’s season-ending DP World Tour Championship.

Koepka, who earned his first European Tour title at the Turkish Airlines Open, was “incapacitated” for the past two days and has lost 5 ½ pounds since Sunday, according to Golf Channel’s Todd Lewis. On Wednesday, he was only able to hit balls at Jumeirah Golf Estates.

“I feel all right right now,” he told Lewis. “Obviously not as good as I’d like to be feeling, but it is what it is. I’ll just get through it and I’ll be fine.”

Koepka’s one-shot victory over Ian Poulter moved him up to No. 35 in the world, earning him spots in all of the 2015 majors and World Golf Championship events.

His life-changing victory has finally begun to sink in. After a standout career at Florida State that included ACC Player of the Year honors, Koepka flunked out of PGA Tour Q-School and headed to Europe. The 24-year-old launched his career on the Challenge Tour – Europe’s equivalent of the Web.com circuit – which is why he won’t abandon the European Tour even now that he’s a full-fledged PGA Tour member.

Koepka plans to begin his 2015 season at the Humana Challenge in the California desert and will play mostly in the States. He expects to play a “couple” of events in Europe that fit into his worldwide schedule.

“This is where I’ve crafted my game,” he said. “It was good for me. I got to get away from everything. When I was over here, this is all I had, just golf and a couple of buddies. …

“I enjoy traveling. It’s good to play in all different types of conditions. I’m looking years down the road, not just for instant satisfaction. I’m looking 5-6 years down the road.”

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

round 1 tee times (all local; dubai is 9 hrs ahead of EST)

[u][b]1st tee[/b][/u]
07:30 Matteo MANASSERO Matthew BALDWIN

07:40 David LIPSKY Oliver FISHER

07:50 Michael HOEY Thomas AIKEN

08:00 Darren FICHARDT David HOWELL

08:10 Oliver WILSON Luke DONALD

08:20 Eddie PEPPERELL Wade ORMSBY

08:30 Rafa CABRERA-BELLO Hennie OTTO

08:40 Tyrrell HATTON Richie RAMSAY

08:50 Kristoffer BROBERG Nicolas COLSAERTS

09:00 Richard STERNE Robert KARLSSON

09:15 Simon DYSON Emiliano GRILLO

09:25 Bernd WIESBERGER Edoardo MOLINARI

09:35 Francesco MOLINARI Branden GRACE

09:45 Ernie ELS Fabrizio ZANOTTI

09:55 Thorbjørn OLESEN Andy SULLIVAN

10:05 Pablo LARRAZÁBAL Jonas BLIXT

10:15 Marc WARREN Romain WATTEL

10:25 Danny WILLETT Lee WESTWOOD

10:35 George COETZEE Charl SCHWARTZEL

10:45 Tommy FLEETWOOD Thongchai JAIDEE

11:00 Louis OOSTHUIZEN Miguel Angel JIMÉNEZ

11:10 Ross FISHER Shane LOWRY

11:20 Mikko ILONEN Stephen GALLACHER

11:30 Joost LUITEN Ian POULTER

11:40 Martin KAYMER Graeme MCDOWELL

11:50 Victor DUBUISSON Thomas BJØRN

12:00 Justin ROSE Alexander LEVY

12:10 Brooks KOEPKA Sergio GARCIA

12:20 Marcel SIEM Jamie DONALDSON

12:30 Henrik STENSON Rory MCILROY

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

[quote name='dudewheresmypar' timestamp='1416475033' post='10476949']
[quote name='joeshmo' timestamp='1416473061' post='10476929']Casual birdie on #1 for Rory....Looks like he came to play[/quote]

Does he ever. Perfect play so far other than the missed short one on 3.
[/quote]

He did catch the edge of the cup on 3.
3 under after 4 with birdie on 4.
this should be fun

Talent is the desire to practice

[quote name='joeshmo' timestamp='1416475429' post='10476955'][quote name='dudewheresmypar' timestamp='1416475033' post='10476949']
[quote name='joeshmo' timestamp='1416473061' post='10476929']Casual birdie on #1 for Rory....Looks like he came to play[/quote]

Does he ever. Perfect play so far other than the missed short one on 3.
[/quote]

He did catch the edge of the cup on 3.
3 under after 4 with birdie on 4.
this should be fun[/quote]

And another 5 footer for birdie coming up. What a clinic so far. Scary good golf

Hopefully Rory can finish off an incredible, Tiger like, season. Beginning to think the dedication he is now showing to all aspects of his golf game could see him into double digit major victories. Kid is dominant!

Taylor Made Sim 9.5 Degree w/ Ventus Black 6X

Taylor Made Sim Ti 3 Wood w/ Diamana Fairway Ltd 75X

Taylor Made UDI #3 w/ Diamana Thump 100X

Titleist T100S 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0

Titleist SM8 50/54/58 x/ Project X 6.0

Evnroll ER2.B

I would hope that Rory can finish it off this week and win to cap off an excellent year.

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

Nice 5 wood hit by Rory. I too can hit like that.

:drag:

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X