2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Robert Allenby Robbed and Beaten Up in Hawaii

Holy Moses

So let's see, someone gets "taken" and then gets rescued by a man with a "special set of skills" (the military man)

I know i've heard of things like this happening before

Now i'm trying to picture Robert Allenby dressed like Maggie Grace....And you know what, it's hot

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1421625536' post='10772367']
[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1421624631' post='10772269']
[quote name='playa' timestamp='1421622189' post='10772043']
[quote name='Don W' timestamp='1421618746' post='10771695']
Just saw him interviewed on TGC, he took a beating, his face shows it with no doubts in my mind. And his statements today make it appear that a lot of what was reported earlier was made up by reporters, I know how shocking that a news person can't get a story straight. His statement was that he left alone, felt a tap on his shoulder and then lights out, found by a lady and military person who rendered aid to get him home.

As far as conspiracy theories I'm with Ak not being able to give him a beating on course took him out in the alley last night.
[/quote]
Getting king hit from behind in the carpark is far more believeable than the original drink spiking story. Drink spiking requires planning and pre meditation, unlikely. An opportunistic cheap shot attack on a soft target too drunk to see it coming, much more likely. Still stand by my comment that he should have been old enough and wise enough to avoid putting himself in a position of vulnerability.
[/quote]

Yeah, what an idiot. Going to a public establishment, having a few cocktails.

Just begging to be jumped. Sounds like it was an inevitability. Next time he'll learn- just stay home and lock his door.
[/quote]
Someone said there was a girl there with a low neck line......If she had been molested.she would probably have tried to blame her attackers.
[/quote]
You speaking about a personal experience?

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1421627002' post='10772523']
Playa, you are assuming Allenby was drunk. Unproven assumption. Maybe he was, but we have no way of knowing right now.
[/quote]
Agree. But the circumstances point to him being at least partly affected by alcohol, he said he had been drinking. And to clarify, even if he was stone cold sober a drinking venue carpark late at night is a place where trouble can happen. My only real point was that being where he was when he was, whetber drunk or sober, was not the smartest move. I guess I should have known there would be the usual suspects on here who lack logic and just try to attack anyone who dares to have an opinion that doesn't fit in with their view of the world.

I'm not yet passing judgement on the story as its being told. But I will say this. I've worked for almost 20 years with, for and around the military. The retired military guys that I work with, if they see one broken thing or one thing out of line at the office - its like clockwork, they know the people to call and the paperwork to fill out to fix whatever it is. I cant imagine a retired military guy on the island, and I assume there are a ton, cant see a guy like that finding a completely beaten and bloody stranger and saying hmmm, yeah, I'll just give this guy some cash and call him a cab. Rather than calling the police?

Eh, I'm sure the story will answer itself in the next few days.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1421627779' post='10772635']
[quote name='ghoul31' timestamp='1421626145' post='10772433']
They need to stop holding tournaments in Hawaii
[/quote]

Ironically, the TOC is up in the air as Hyundai hasn't renewed. The Sony could be the only 1 next year.
[/quote]

Maybe Rolfing will sponsor it.

I think the bright side is that these "attackers" kept him from driving drunk.
So, they were actually performing a valuable public service.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1421627312' post='10772567'][quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1421627002' post='10772523']
Playa, you are assuming Allenby was drunk. Unproven assumption. Maybe he was, but we have no way of knowing right now.
[/quote]

Is there proof he was drugged or abducted?[/quote]

A woman saw him thrown out of a car trunk into the park he was found at

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[quote name='dcmidnight' timestamp='1421627761' post='10772629']
I'm not yet passing judgement on the story as its being told. But I will say this. I've worked for almost 20 years with, for and around the military. The retired military guys that I work with, if they see one broken thing or one thing out of line at the office - its like clockwork, they know the people to call and the paperwork to fill out to fix whatever it is. I cant imagine a retired military guy on the island, and I assume there are a ton, cant see a guy like that finding a completely beaten and bloody stranger and saying hmmm, yeah, I'll just give this guy some cash and call him a cab. Rather than calling the police?

Eh, I'm sure the story will answer itself in the next few days.
[/quote]
Not to mention the hommeless lady who saw him thrown out of a car but at this time is not identified or providing a statement. Your post contains far too much logic for some of the posters here. You will attract personal attacks by daring to question the validity of Allenbys story. Speculation, no matter how educated, is strictly verboten around here.

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1421628045' post='10772681']
[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1421627312' post='10772567'][quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1421627002' post='10772523']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, it seems that means it looks like he got beat up and thrown out of a car. Not that he was drugged or taken against him will.

Now, getting assaulted and robbed is a heinous crime.

Just curious about if he was actually drugged, kidnapped or made a big mistake and left with some people he did not know.

Either way, he is a victim and glad he seems ok.

[quote name='playa' timestamp='1421627473' post='10772587']
[/quote]
Agree. But the circumstances point to him being at least partly affected by alcohol, he said he had been drinking. And to clarify, even if he was stone cold sober a drinking venue carpark late at night is a place where trouble can happen. My only real point was that being where he was when he was, whetber drunk or sober, was not the smartest move. I guess I should have known there would be the usual suspects on here who lack logic and just try to attack anyone who dares to have an opinion that doesn't fit in with their view of the world.
[/quote]

Who the hell is attacking you? You are of the opinion that staying out til the late late hour of 11pm is an absolutely terrible decision by a fully grown adult- even if he's completely sober. Others have disagreed and given their reasons for doing so.

Isn't that what you do in a forum such as this? Discuss various opinions?

[quote name='playa' timestamp='1421626588' post='10772485']

Whatever you say chief. Being drunk anywhere, anytime puts you in that position.
[/quote]

This seems a bit hyperbolic. It's hardly a place I'd expect to get mugged, and in my opinion being drunk or sober wouldn't make a difference if I was cold-cocked by 5 dudes while walking out of the elevator.I live in Honolulu. In fact, I live very near this bar and I have a coworker that lives in the building. This place isn't some dive bar in downtown or Waikiki only frequented by locals who own the "turf". It's a wine bar where you can sample Opus One for $28/ounce attached to a swanky restaurant and a high end furniture store across the street from an exotic car dealership. I've been there several times, and I always walk home. I won't say I'm not on alert as I walk, but I don't feel unsafe knowing where the more dangerous parts of Oahu happen to be. As far as car parks go, this is one of the more well-lit ones I've seen in Honolulu. It isn't even underground.

[quote name='bmaas03' timestamp='1421629285' post='10772891']

Whatever you say chief. Being drunk anywhere, anytime puts you in that position.
[/quote]

This seems a bit hyperbolic. It's hardly a place I'd expect to get mugged, and in my opinion being drunk or sober wouldn't make a difference if I was cold-cocked by 5 dudes while walking out of the elevator.I live in Honolulu. In fact, I live very near this bar and I have a coworker that lives in the building. This place isn't some dive bar in downtown or Waikiki only frequented by locals who own the "turf". It's a wine bar where you can sample Opus One for $28/ounce attached to a swanky restaurant and a high end furniture store across the street from an exotic car dealership. I've been there several times, and I always walk home. I won't say I'm not on alert as I walk, but I don't feel unsafe knowing where the more dangerous parts of Oahu happen to be. As far as car parks go, this is one of the more well-lit ones I've seen in Honolulu. It isn't even underground.
[/quote]

Thanks, bmaas. They will find the people for sure and we will hear more about this.

[quote name='bmaas03' timestamp='1421629285' post='10772891']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now THIS is a post that is chock full of logic.

Thank you for some real insight into the situation...

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1421628623' post='10772769'][quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1421628045' post='10772681']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, it seems that means it looks like he got beat up and thrown out of a car. Not that he was drugged or taken against him will.

Just curious about if he was actually drugged, kidnapped or made a big mistake and left with some people he did not know.

Either way, he is a victim and glad he seems ok.[/quote]

Yep, getting thrown out of a car trunk is probably not something against Allenby's will. Wait, no it was. Yeah, his caddie just let him leave with some people he did not know after drinking.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1421630069' post='10773009']
[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1421628623' post='10772769'][quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1421628045' post='10772681']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Either way, he is a victim and glad he seems ok.[/quote]

Yep, getting thrown out of a car trunk is probably not something against Allenby's will. Wait, no it was. Yeah, his caddie just let him leave with some people he did not know after drinking.
[/quote]

Is there any evidence he was even thrown out of a car, much less the trunk?

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1421628949' post='10772823']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Who the hell is attacking you? You are of the opinion that staying out til the late late hour of 11pm is an absolutely terrible decision by a fully grown adult- even if he's completely sober. Others have disagreed and given their reasons for doing so.

[/quote]
You can attack the message without attacking the messenger.

[quote name='playa' timestamp='1421630458' post='10773077']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Ok!

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1421630407' post='10773069']
Is there any evidence he was even thrown out of a car, much less the trunk?
[/quote]

Is there any evidence of anything, other than Allenby's face? All those who wish to speculate can go by so far, are the interviews of Allenby, his caddy, a retired veteran, and a homeless lady. We are hearing all other than Allenby's at least second hand...

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='moose557' timestamp='1421601388' post='10770017']
Holy Moses, are you president of his fan club? Even the media coverage today is quick to point out police have not come out to support his version of events and are investigsting. We haven't seen the surveilance footage that seems like the smoking gun that shows him and the men in the parking lot where he claims he was forcibly kidnapped. Wonder if there looking for these men if they will release that footage. Makes sense if they are trying to identify them.

No one is saying he deserved to be beaten, but I totally understand why people including myself are suspicious.
[/quote]
If I ever commit a crime I want Holy Moses as the jury foreman for my trial :)

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1421630669' post='10773101']
[quote name='playa' timestamp='1421630458' post='10773077']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Ok!
[/quote]
You and me rarely see eye to eye but you always keep your comments on topic and don't launch personal attacks. I actually secretly concede to you fom time to time but it wouldn't be the done thing to admit fault online :)

[quote name='playa' timestamp='1421630989' post='10773149'][quote name='moose557' timestamp='1421601388' post='10770017']
Holy Moses, are you president of his fan club? Even the media coverage today is quick to point out police have not come out to support his version of events and are investigsting. We haven't seen the surveilance footage that seems like the smoking gun that shows him and the men in the parking lot where he claims he was forcibly kidnapped. Wonder if there looking for these men if they will release that footage. Makes sense if they are trying to identify them.

No one is saying he deserved to be beaten, but I totally understand why people including myself are suspicious.
[/quote]
If I ever commit a crime I want Holy Moses as the jury foreman for my trial :)[/quote]

I don't jump to conclusions. Most people in this thread have gone way past fair suspicions. They run to the worst possible reason for stuff like this.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna