2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Is Redgate #16 worse than Redgate #4? I'm not so sure about that.

Redgate #16= Gonorrhea from a meth whore.

Redgate #4= bronchitis

#16 wins.

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Titleist Vokey 54*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X 

in life, a man can dream many dreams. authoring the most epic thread in the history of the internet was never on my list, and then, quite suddenly, it was. to all the beatific souls who have posted in this iteration of this thread, here's to you.

yXprGKj.gif

now let's make the next 1000 pages even better. ride or die.

fast7feat.jpg

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

i never ever appreciate the surroundings when I play :(

I couldn't name one specific view.

The #1 answer has to be that east Potomac hole posted.

There are a ton of great views at the Ocean City courses. Like 9 at rum pointe. That's an amazing one. #7 at the peninsula is a great one.

The Frederick courses have a bunch too. I feel like 5 at whiskey creek is good. Can't think of numbers but several at PB Dye. Musket ridge has several.

#1 at Maryland is one of my favorites. The tip tees are sooo close to balcony. If you go out there at twilight and tee off from those tees you are a peacock. Loved doing it

Some good deals at the Ross in Fairfax (greenbriar shopping center). Nike lunarlon waverly for 30 bucks in 3 color ways , and some decent nike golf shorts etc. check your local Ross for the waverly sand apparently tw 14 masters edition.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Hey gang,

I am going to be in Bethesda MD for the next week and thought it might be a good idea to get a lesson. Im into the classic swing style, are there any great pro's in the Bethesda Area (within 30 mins) that you guys would recommend I hit up for a couple of lessons?

I live in Bethesda. Unfortunately its almost all expensive private clubs nearby. Within 30 minutes is Falls Road and maybe Olney Golf Park (depends on traffic). A few of the instructors at Olney are pretty good. Ive had a lesson with Liza and thought she did a good job, but Im not sure Ill go back soon.

If you have a good lesson with someone Id definitely like to know.

tumblr_inline_o878sjFCOI1tdxckh_500.gif

No one mention National Doughnut day..

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Some good deals at the Ross in Fairfax (greenbriar shopping center). Nike lunarlon waverly for 30 bucks in 3 color ways , and some decent nike golf shorts etc. check your local Ross for the waverly sand apparently tw 14 masters edition.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Short recap:

Great morning with Dave, John, and Vince. No one hit the ball particularly well, but everyone enjoyed themselves I believe. Good group to get an early early Saturday round with. Glenndale is in excellent condition right now. The greens never dried out like normal, but they were still quick in some areas and the inevitable downhillers.

I believe I was still asleep going 10 over on the front, then waking up and posting 3 over on the back.

Off to mow and then meet the second group for 18 at Oak Creek.

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

Played Black Rock yesterday with my son. He was getting a guitar worked on in Hagerstown so I went with him. We played the whites (6250 yds) since he doesn't play much and had a great time. Black Rock is a lot like Needwood. Very user friendly and a nice type of course where you see what you get. No tricks, hidden shots, etc. Everything solid, but unspectacular. Driving, irons (9 greens), putting all good. I shot a smooth 78. My son broke 100, with a 97 so he was happy. And, his guitar (dobro) sounds great after it's tune-up

Hey gang,

I am going to be in Bethesda MD for the next week and thought it might be a good idea to get a lesson. Im into the classic swing style, are there any great pro's in the Bethesda Area (within 30 mins) that you guys would recommend I hit up for a couple of lessons?

I live in Bethesda. Unfortunately its almost all expensive private clubs nearby. Within 30 minutes is Falls Road and maybe Olney Golf Park (depends on traffic). A few of the instructors at Olney are pretty good. Ive had a lesson with Liza and thought she did a good job, but Im not sure Ill go back soon.

If you have a good lesson with someone Id definitely like to know.

Soft secondary recommendation for Liza at Olney Golf Park. Three of us thread mates did a group lesson with her last year. The next week I went out and shot 74.

Of course, I never followed up and booked a set of lessons with her. Like Sully, not really sure why not, as she obviously helped me.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Putting myself on a golf hiatus for a couple weeks. Last 3 weeks have developed a pain in my left hand. Hoping it's just overuse and that a couple weeks of rest will help.

Dang. I'm on self-imposed hiatus as well. Where is the pain?

Got a solid diagnosis on my shoulder this week. Turns out it's full blown shoulder AIDS. Doc said its the worst kind of AIDS.

Not really. Just got sent to PT, which I start next Wednesday.

I went and putted for 30 mins this morning, while the champ flight was going off for the stroke play club championship at Hobbits. Some serious golfers out there. I'm a totally different putter on the practice green, which isn't surprising. Hopefully when I get back to playing, I can shake my mental block.

Even par through 13, shot ESC 82. I actually sat down next to the green on 17 after picking up. Total meltdown.

That stings. You'll probably feel like punching me in the face for saying this, but you'll learn from it.

Learning to be comfortable going low is like learning to play tournament golf. You just have to experience it, and figure out how to deal with it. Even then, "figuring it out" doesn't mean you'll succeed 100% of the time. You'll just succeed more often.

E thru 13 is some great playing. Having seen your game a few times, there's no doubt you can play in the mid single digits, and sooner than later. Keep up the grind. I love seeing and hearing about the superfriends games heading in a positive direction this year. It's no wonder you all put a hurting on the DCGT donks.

Played Black Rock yesterday with my son. He was getting a guitar worked on in Hagerstown so I went with him. We played the whites (6250 yds) since he doesn't play much and had a great time. Black Rock is a lot like Needwood. Very user friendly and a nice type of course where you see what you get. No tricks, hidden shots, etc. Everything solid, but unspectacular. Driving, irons (9 greens), putting all good. I shot a smooth 78. My son broke 100, with a 97 so he was happy. And, his guitar (dobro) sounds great after it's tune-up

I enjoy Black Rock, the only holes that the guys might not like are the Par 4 fifth and the Par 4 13th. On #5 if the tee box is on the far left side you can't attack the green and need to just go straight and have a downhill shot to the green. On 13, you can't attack the green because of the now discolored 'O.B.' sign and after your tee shot you will have an uphill approach.

Just 2 of the minor quirks of the course, but it is a great course overall.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Played out at Pine Ridge this morning. 6:08.

Stix and Hal had a match. I played MeatMike for a couple bucks.

I had a separate stroke play match with Halcyan for an Abraham.

When his match with Stix was over, we played a separate match coming in... Me and Stix versus them.

I was up 1 stroke on Halcyan and 1 hole on MeatMike coming into 17 but Mike and I doubled from the greenside bunker and then Mike and Halcyan had 1 footers for birdie on 18. Squared Mike, lost to Hal. Lost the supplemental match 1 dn to the birds on 18.

I was +3 coming into the par 5 12th. Had 185 in to a front pin after my drive and DOUBLED IT. Got one back with a bird on 13 and then doubled 17. Seriously, the two easiest holes on the back. Anger. 39-39.

First round with the Callaway Chrome Soft that we got at the Cap Cup. Really liked the feel. Had some of my biggest poundage of the year with it. Several drives in the 280 range (using the subtraction method, not gps'ed - - but I know the course - - they were bombs and all of 270/280.) it is soft, though. I put a huge cut in it with the 60 out of the bunker on 17.

Course still nice. Greens rolling good. I don't want to "review" it yet because I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I've had one 3 putt in 45 holes with the Bridgestone td-01 putter, and lots of makes in the 12-25 foot range. Distance and line been real good. And the 3 putt was a 100 footer over a Ridge on the 3rd at Hobbits.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

spent a couple hours practicing today. I love practicing. In some ways I prefer practicing to playing.

in some ways, yes. I find practicing very meditative and relaxing and I enjoy the process. It's still in service to playing though.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Learning to be comfortable going low is like learning to play tournament golf. You just have to experience it, and figure out how to deal with it. Even then, "figuring it out" doesn't mean you'll succeed 100% of the time. You'll just succeed more often.

Something I still struggle with but I guess it gets better each time I go through it. When I look back on the match that I lost this week, there are actually a lot of good things that came out of it. Hit 12 FW and 14 greens. Was three down after fours holes - and did not completely meltdown. In fact, I won 5 of the next 9 holes. Hit 2 or 3 great shots that I never could have hit last year. Tournament golf is such a bizarre thing in some respects. The match before I played like crap and still won, this match I played great and lost.

Thought I would try the new Superstroke pistol grip today, checked it out at Golfsmith this morning and it actually feels halfway decent. I'm not a huge counterbalanced fan but it comes with just a standard cap that you can put on it. I put it on, came back to it after lunch to play around with and decided I didnt like the weight. Went to take it out and the hex threads almost completely stripped on the first turn of the wrench - like it was the softest metal ever used. On the second twist, the entire rubber surroundings ripped out.

Solid quality right there.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash