MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

City it ain't a nip in the air unless teddy bear PQ is playing...

Well sully is closer then I won't to admit..pasty nips are good

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Third time playing Cannon Ridge in the last month or so, conditions are definitely not improving. Paid $26 and played in 2.5 hours without rushing or seeing anyone else but their greens are really, really struggling.

Still managed to birdie three of the Par 5s, experiment with a 3w I can actually hit off the fairway was much better than expected. Not sure making birdie on 18 from the 10th fairway should really count but I'll take it.

But probably won't be back this season, just really tough right now. Not worth the drive plus the cost.

I played there a few days ago. I had the second tee time but when they saw I was a single, they moved me in front of a foursome. Thank god, those dudes finished their nine as I was leaving 18. A couple of fairways had some rough spots but overall were good. This is a tough year to try and resuscitate the greens; however, believe it or not, they're still better than a couple of other places I've played this year. Still like the course but only at discount right now. Hoping they'll have more luck during the fall. Place has potential if they can the greens and bunkers into shape.

Yeah we played in 2:40 and were never rushed, never even saw anyone on the course. But they haven't done a thing to fix their bunkers. They had a poor kid out on 14 weeding a fairway bunker by hand - but it was all hardpan. In the last two months they've added no sand to any of their bunkers, they are in terrible condition. Agreed on the greens but boy they were just slow AF. The Bermuda fairways are still A/A- condition to be sure but the rest of the place needs help. I paid $26 which is all I would pay right now for the conditioning.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

I have a demo Friday so I should be getting a bag o fusion.

Whats the word on the new woods coming out in December?

No remake of Steelhead fairway woods, no care.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

GTW:

Get more GIR. It's the one big thing keeping me from going single digits. Lots of little things contribute but GIR is where I suck the most right now.

Hoping my back holds up for a few more weeks. Even though the handicap season doesn't end for us Virginians (or Californians, as I really am), I'll probably shut it down for a few weeks come mid-to-late October if I'm not feeling better. I've been using City logic for a couple of months and now my back is saying "f*** you, OB!"

Otherwise, I'd still like to get to Spring Creek and maybe down to Williamsburg or out to OC to play a round or two. It's been a pretty good golf year already, going to Myrtle, as well as playing BR and Primland. Just need to get my flexibility back so I can get some consistency off the tee again. I'm struggling right now and scrambling like crazy.

GBB Epic 9.0*
Srixon 17*
Taylormade M1 19*
Srixon U65 20*, 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*
Taylormade Tour Spider

Golf Talk Wednesday : Summer is almost over, but we've got plenty of good golf weather left. What is on your golf to-do list before the handicap season ends? Course you want to go play, golf trip, big tournament, get a driver fitting from callaway tex?

I'd like to get out to Waverly sometime as well. Should be easy, since it's close to home, but I'm cheap, and want to use Hobbits as much as possible since I'm paying for it.

I'm yet to play a round at Waverly. If you happen to get out there before the end of the season, gimme a holler and I'll try to join.

GTW: Crush THDC and Fabb into dust Play a good match against THDC and Fabb this weekend. I'm headed to California in November and I'll be pretty close to Torrey Pines, so hopefully I can get out and play 18 on either the north or south course (probably the cheaper one). And finally, get the cap to dip into the single digits. I'm trending on thegrint at a 10.8 or something like that, so I just need a couple good rounds and I'll be there.

I'd also like to get out to Waverly, as I've never played it. Same for Whiskey Creek. Also may play the DC Golf Tour event in October at Musket Ridge, which I haven't played.

And I want to make a trip to Pinehurst in November when the rates go down.

Golf Talk Wednesday : Summer is almost over, but we've got plenty of good golf weather left. What is on your golf to-do list before the handicap season ends? Course you want to go play, golf trip, big tournament, get a driver fitting from callaway tex?

I'd like to get out to Waverly sometime as well. Should be easy, since it's close to home, but I'm cheap, and want to use Hobbits as much as possible since I'm paying for it.

I'm yet to play a round at Waverly. If you happen to get out there before the end of the season, gimme a holler and I'll try to join.

GTW: Crush THDC and Fabb into dust Play a good match against THDC and Fabb this weekend. I'm headed to California in November and I'll be pretty close to Torrey Pines, so hopefully I can get out and play 18 on either the north or south course (probably the cheaper one). And finally, get the cap to dip into the single digits. I'm trending on thegrint at a 10.8 or something like that, so I just need a couple good rounds and I'll be there.

I'd also like to get out to Waverly, as I've never played it. Same for Whiskey Creek. Also may play the DC Golf Tour event in October at Musket Ridge, which I haven't played.

And I want to make a trip to Pinehurst in November when the rates go down, but that may depend on whether I'm still in the country if there is a President Elect Trump.

Down for whiskey creek and Pinehurst

Also, trying to hit bull run in sept/oct whenever the va guys can work it.

protos F4

I have a demo Friday so I should be getting a bag o fusion.

Whats the word on the new woods coming out in December?

No remake of Steelhead fairway woods, no care.

We shall see

protos F4

GTW: looking forward to sleeping in a minivan with City. super stoked for BP and NC. Playing some stuff on the Shore mid September. Will play Chambers Bay and Torrey South this Fall/Winter. Would like to get the cap back to a 3, which is possible with some good differentials down the stretch, though I ain't counting on it.

Also want to get one round in at Worthington.

Siegel, North course is closed for renovations.

You two should sleep in the Prius to make sure you stay warm

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

And I want to make a trip to Pinehurst in November when the rates go down, but that may depend on whether I'm still in the country if there is a President Elect Trump.

Down for whiskey creek and Pinehurst

Also, trying to hit bull run in sept/oct whenever the va guys can work it.

Lets talk. I have a vacation day I have to burn before 10/1

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

Crossing WM off the list. GTW motivated me to try and audible Sunday's round to WM instead of Northwest. Major upgrade.

It's a trap Siegel...

But smart move...Northwest just punched two days ago

protos F4

Tiger coming back for 3 events this year?

(snickers)

Cannot wait to bet against...

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Question - Is the practice area behind the 4th tee box at UMD reserved for the UMD teams? They were out practicing on Sunday and I've never even noticed that area before.

Yurp. It looks totally sweet.

Lame-o. My tax dollars pay for that. I should totally get to use it whenever I want.

No they don't. It was 100% privately funded. In addition, the golf team at UMD was only sustained through private grants.

Question - Is the practice area behind the 4th tee box at UMD reserved for the UMD teams? They were out practicing on Sunday and I've never even noticed that area before.

Lame-o. My tax dollars pay for that. I should totally get to use it whenever I want.

No they don't. It was 100% privately funded. In addition, the golf team at UMD was only sustained through private grants.

They got dat Fred Funk money!!!

I'll tell you what Bangas should be complaining about. . .his taxes going to food stamps that people are using to buy soda and the subsidies that keep corn syrup cheap. Whattayagottosay about that, Bangas?

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

They got dat Fred Funk money!!!

I'll tell you what Bangas should be complaining about. . .his taxes going to food stamps that people are using to buy soda and the subsidies that keep corn syrup cheap. Whattayagottosay about that, Bangas?

Terp - I don't even live in Maryland.

City - shhhhhhhhhhh

UMD

Easy there, feller.

OXSi5RMEp1ACQ.gif

Your preferred institution of higher learning has not been verbally attacked by bangass.... yet

UMD

Easy there, feller.

OXSi5RMEp1ACQ.gif

Your preferred institution of higher learning has not been verbally attacked by bangass.... yet

It's ok. I'm sure the Maryland athletic department does everything above board. They would never ever ever do anything shady. Ever.

(snickers)

Don't pretend you didn't get a little tingle in your pants when you read about that. Whether or not he plays good golf, the man moves the needle.

You know what I was thinking about. . .how Eagle got into golf after watching Tiger woods play in 1997 and now Eagle is having sympathy pains in parallel. Also, my needle moved.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

(snickers)

Don't pretend you didn't get a little tingle in your pants when you read about that. Whether or not he plays good golf, the man moves the needle.

If there's one thing I love about Tiger not being around its that you actually get to see the other players hitting shots. If Tiger is playing, you'll get Tiger's shot, Tiger's post shot reaction, Tiger after the shot talking to his caddie, Tiger walking up the fairway grabbing a sandwich...then whoops we can cut real quick to someone else hitting a putt before getting right back to Tiger and his next pre-shot routine. Not looking forward to that at all.

If one is so inclined to wager on golf, its a lock there will be some good opportunities to bet against him as everyone will want to bet on Tiger making the Top 5 or Top 10.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

They show Tiger's shots because that's what people want to see. If it hurt ratings they wouldn't do it. I am excited. But I don't expect a lot.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

(snickers)

100% chance I DVR and watch his first round back. Will be must see, good or bad.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid/ G430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Phantom 5/ProV1X

(snickers)

If there's one thing I love about Tiger not being around its that you actually get to see the other players hitting shots. If Tiger is playing, you'll get Tiger's shot, Tiger's post shot reaction, Tiger after the shot talking to his caddie, Tiger walking up the fairway grabbing a sandwich...then whoops we can cut real quick to someone else hitting a putt before getting right back to Tiger and his next pre-shot routine. Not looking forward to that at all.

If one is so inclined to wager on golf, its a lock there will be some good opportunities to bet against him as everyone will want to bet on Tiger making the Top 5 or Top 10.

Very few places let you "fade" a single guy. Or at least used to, back when I did some sports betting. I used to think it was a sucker bet to take Tiger at 4-1 vs. the field in the early days until he started winning 1 out of every 3 majors.

I really don't think too many people are banging him anyway. Everyone know he's a walking injury. The last time he came back, he had the chipping yips. Seems like he was WD'ing every other time he teed it up. Takes a special kind of fan boy who is also into betting on golf to lay real cash on him.

Anyway, I like seeing a lot of Tiger's shots when he's playing well, or playing poorly. It's interesting to watch a great player in decline.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

The last few years you've been able to place Tiger bets every week and there have almost always been Tiger Top 5 / Top 10 bets (Yes/No bets). Everything you've said is absolutely right - yet on the list of winners odds for whatever that tournament is called in Napa - its almost a guarantee he's one of the lowest 10 odds to win, and he'll be @ 25 or 30-1. Which is a joke. He'll have lower odds to win than guys who have actually won events recently. Just good business on the book's part, they know people cant wait to throw cash on Tiger.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

The last few years you've been able to place Tiger bets every week and there have almost always been Tiger Top 5 / Top 10 bets (Yes/No bets). Everything you've said is absolutely right - yet on the list of winners odds for whatever that tournament is called in Napa - its almost a guarantee he's one of the lowest 10 odds to win, and he'll be @ 25 or 30-1. Which is a joke. He'll have lower odds to win than guys who have actually won events recently. Just good business on the book's part, they know people cant wait to throw cash on Tiger.

I dig it. I didn't realize you could get those yes/no's on top 5s and 10s.

I agree, I'm sure his odds will be much shorter than reality should dictate. If you have a good book, they should make it up by lengthening the odds on other guys, but that somehow never seems to happen. . .

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I dig it. I didn't realize you could get those yes/no's on top 5s and 10s.

I agree, I'm sure his odds will be much shorter than reality should dictate. If you have a good book, they should make it up by lengthening the odds on other guys, but that somehow never seems to happen. . .

Oh yeah. I dont know who has committed to Napa but if Tiger is say 25-1 to win, there will be guys like Russell Knox, Tony Finau, Charley Hoffman - guys who Joe Public doesn't know as well - and they'll be 40-1 or higher.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*