2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

[quote name='mtn1414' timestamp='1429748735' post='11420459']Definitely expected a very different photo when I read "my wife's shadow box."[/quote]

Too big? You like them smaller?

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429748891' post='11420479']
[quote name='mtn1414' timestamp='1429748735' post='11420459']Definitely expected a very different photo when I read "my wife's shadow box."[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't mind a big shadow box, as long as the curio cabinet is proportional.*

* I have no idea what this means.

Here's a quick recap of my day of golf in Palm Springs:

Played this morning on the dye challenge course at the mission Hills country club. It was not awesome. Every hole had water on the left off the tee. Some of the greens were dumb. I shot 90.

Played in the afternoon on the dinah shore tournament course from the ANA inspiration tees (Kraft nabisco tees). Started bogey double double, then got focused and went 1-under for 14 holes. Needed to par 18 for a 1-under back 9. Hit the drive in a fairway bunker, kind of chucked it out from there to about 190 from the pin. There's an island green (the one the winners jump into the pond from) and was tried to hit a big high hybrid cut that I've been practicing and pulled off a couple times before in the round. Double crossed and put it in the drink. Made double for a 78 from the tournament tees, which I'm very happy about.

The tournament tees were great. Kind of a combo. Sometimes at the tips, sometimes in front of the white tees. Really enjoyed that course. Narrow a** fairways the entire course. You put your tee ball in play, you're good. You miss the fairway and you have a strategically placed Palm tree in your way. It's a citygame type of course.

Oh what's that? You think a 78 on the tournament course from the tournament tees isn't that impressive, since the course probably wasn't in tournament conditions? Well friend, today was the final found of the Mountain West women's conference tournament. They went off in the morning and we're doing awards when I made the turn. A few clicgears in th the bunch. My 78 would have beaten or tied 18 of the 35 women who played today. They had the scores posted. You're Damn right I counted. I'm actually really pumped that my game this afternoon was similar to a middle of the road mountain West college female golfer.

I'M A MIDDLE OF THE ROAD WOMAN GOLFER IN THE MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE MOTHER FUCKERS

[quote name='mtn1414' timestamp='1429750324' post='11420709'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429748891' post='11420479']

[/quote]

I don't mind a big shadow box, as long as the curio cabinet is proportional.*

* I have no idea what this means.[/quote]

How dare you talk about how proportional my wife's curio cabinets are... ;)

protos F4

Played this morning on the dye challenge course at the mission Hills country club. It was not awesome. Every hole had water on the left off the tee. Some of the greens were dumb. I shot 90.

Played in the afternoon on the dinah shore tournament course from the ANA inspiration tees (Kraft nabisco tees). Started bogey double double, then got focused and went 2-under for 14 holes. Needed to par 18 for a 1-under back 9. Hit the drive in a fairway bunker, kind of chucked it out from there to about 190 from the pin. There's an island green (the one the winners jump into the pond from) and was tried to hit a big high hybrid cut that I've been practicing and pulled off a couple times before in the round. Double crossed and put it in the drink. Made double for a 78 from the tournament tees, which I'm very happy about.

The tournament tees were great. Kind of a combo. Sometimes at the tips, sometimes in front of the white tees. Really enjoyed that course. Narrow a** fairways the entire course. You put your tee ball in play, you're good. You miss the fairway and you have a strategically placed Palm tree in your way. It's a citygame type of course.

Oh what's that? You think a 78 on the tournament course from the tournament tees isn't that impressive, since the course probably wasn't in tournament conditions? Well friend, today was the final found of the Mountain West women's conference tournament. They went off in the morning and we're doing awards when I made the turn. A few clicgears in th the bunch. My 78 would have beaten or tied 18 of the 35 women who played today. They had the scores posted. You're Damn right I counted. I'm actually really pumped that my game this afternoon was similar to a middle of the road mountain West college female golfer.

I'M A MIDDLE OF THE ROAD WOMAN GOLFER IN THE MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE MOTHER FUCKERS

wow_bravo.gif

protos F4

[quote name='baddomes' timestamp='1429750700' post='11420777']

Played in the afternoon on the dinah shore tournament course from the ANA inspiration tees (Kraft nabisco tees). Started bogey double double, then got focused and went 2-under for 14 holes. Needed to par 18 for a 1-under back 9. Hit the drive in a fairway bunker, kind of chucked it out from there to about 190 from the pin. There's an island green (the one the winners jump into the pond from) and was tried to hit a big high hybrid cut that I've been practicing and pulled off a couple times before in the round. Double crossed and put it in the drink. Made double for a 78 from the tournament tees, which I'm very happy about.

I'M A MIDDLE OF THE ROAD WOMAN GOLFER IN THE MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE MOTHER FCKERS
[/quote]

Cool story, bro.

PrRvLRf.gif

Adams Speedline 9064LS 10.5*
Adams Speedline Fast 12 3 Wood 15*
Adams IdeaTECH 3 Hybrid 19*
Nike Covert 2.0 Forged 4-AW Nippon 950GH
Shitty Wedge
TaylorMade TPA VII

MORE GIFS. I WANT MORE GIFS.

seltj2l.gif

Fixed

protos F4

MORE GIFS. I WANT MORE GIFS.

wow_bravo.gif

AxpBn4U.gif

76081-adam-sandler-haha-shut-up-gif-mh2n.gif

protos F4

200w.gif

protos F4

VTnerf:
Our good friend, the head chef at the Perry Inn, told us about the new owner of the Perry Inn buying out Harbour Town.

They are supposedly having the course redesign or freshen up.

protos F4

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429727874' post='11417819']
[quote name='vtnerf' timestamp='1429727767' post='11417801']#TexInASuit[/quote]

With cowboy boots... The VP said he wanted to golf with me at Andrews but he said that in 09 as well, so....
[/quote]

I hope you kept a close eye on Diamond Joe when he was near your wife.

[quote name='SullGolf' timestamp='1429759343' post='11422057']
[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429727874' post='11417819']
[quote name='vtnerf' timestamp='1429727767' post='11417801']#TexInASuit[/quote]

With cowboy boots... The VP said he wanted to golf with me at Andrews but he said that in 09 as well, so....
[/quote]

I hope you kept a close eye on Diamond Joe when he was near your wife.[/quote]

Ha ha...it was a great day and he is a great guy that has been good to my family for years. However, he didn't pull any of his "normal" greetings I have seen before.

protos F4

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1429788379' post='11423219']The fact these are called 'his normal moves' ... Oh boy.

;)[/quote]
If I remember I'll go into more detail.

Any who, PoS should be a blast!

protos F4

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429756036' post='11421637']
VTnerf:
Our good friend, the head chef at the Perry Inn, told us about the new owner of the Perry In and buying out Harbour Town.

[/quote]

Really cool layout, fun to play, and freshening it up will definitely be nice. Haven't played there in years but remember enjoying it.

I picked up a dozen Snell golf balls recently. Heard nothing but good things, and as the "inventor" of the ProV1 and TM's Tour Preferred golf balls along with 31 patents, I figured it was worth the $32 for them. Bingo. He has a winner on his hands. Great ball. Up against any ball, it wouldn't lose. It might be a tie straight up, but it's not going to get beat. And, considering it's priced at 32 versus 45-55, that makes it a clear winner in my book.

We had 3 different showers last night. Put the jacket on, take the jacket off, repeat. Winds were gusting, moving, turning, gusting. Odd weather. I hit it well enough to be 1 under thru 6 last night, then limped home with 3 straight bogeys. Early on in the season, but it's nice to have a little flash of some good mixed in with the expected bogeys. The course is starting to fill in nicely now! Looks like its a great spring for growing grass, so should be nice conditions (with long rough) for some time.

[quote name='vtnerf' timestamp='1429792359' post='11423607'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1429756036' post='11421637']
VTnerf:
Our good friend, the head chef at the Perry Inn, told us about the new owner of the Perry In and buying out Harbour Town.

[/quote]

Really cool layout, fun to play, and freshening it up will definitely be nice. Haven't played there in years but remember enjoying it.[/quote]

Played it 6 months ago and it was like I remember or forgot about. I enjoy the course.

He said they were bringing in PB dye in to redo it since he designed/built it the first time.

Keep us updated on the snell ball after a few rounds.

protos F4

Any of you guys have a 90-100g xstiff hybrid shaft you want to get rid of?

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

[quote name='Johnny T' timestamp='1429794203' post='11423821']
Any of you guys have a 90-100g xstiff hybrid shaft you want to get rid of?
[/quote]

I've got a TEE XCG6 19 degree hybrid with a Fuji Speeder 9.3 x-flex sitting in my shed. I've also got a OG Rapture 2-iron with a Aldila RIP Tour 90 stiff (plays stout for a stiff). Either one is yours for dirt cheap.

[quote name='vtnerf' timestamp='1429793657' post='11423741']
I picked up a dozen Snell golf balls recently. Heard nothing but good things, and as the "inventor" of the ProV1 and TM's Tour Preferred golf balls along with 31 patents, I figured it was worth the $32 for them. Bingo. He has a winner on his hands. Great ball. Up against any ball, it wouldn't lose. It might be a tie straight up, but it's not going to get beat. And, considering it's priced at 32 versus 45-55, that makes it a clear winner in my book.
[/quote]

Did it have a louder sound to it? I read up on it a bit a while back, and one of the complaints was the sound (at least off the driver) was pretty severe.

Anyone know if most Golfsmith stores stock RBZ/SLDR adapters in their club work sections?

Asking for a friend... nervous.gif

Edit - nevermind, I went to the GS site and selected the "Pick Up in Store" option and it shows which stores have them. My "friend" will be happy to hear that when I figure out which shaft I want to cut down for my 3W... I mean.... his 3W...

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach