MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

I got a lot of reading done. Watched a small amount of TV. A lesser amount of internet, but not none.

I actually got caught up on listening to a couple albums, watching a few youTube videos I'd "saved for later".

On Thursday night, I had a nice beer, wife had gone to bed, I turned on the Pats game and it was close and I like NBC's coverage. And after like 10 minutes, I was like, "I don't care about watching this at all". Click.

Has as much to do with my interest in football these days as it does the beach, though.

Some combination of biked/swam/paddled like every day. I'd be fit and tan and sexy if I lived there.

Fit and tan, anyway.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

I got a lot of reading done. Watched a small amount of TV. A lesser amount of internet, but not none.

I actually got caught up on listening to a couple albums, watching a few youTube videos I'd "saved for later".

On Thursday night, I had a nice beer, wife had gone to bed, I turned on the Pats game and it was close and I like NBC's coverage. And after like 10 minutes, I was like, "I don't care about watching this at all". Click.

Has as much to do with my interest in football these days as it does the beach, though.

Some combination of biked/swam/paddled like every day. I'd be fit and tan and sexy if I lived there.

Fit and tan, anyway.

Fitter. Tanner. Sexier.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Fit and tan, anyway.

Fitter. Tanner. Sexier.

Ballzier.

Cameron Newport, 34"

They painted that for the lady's 1 day member/guest on Saturday afternoon. It was Hawaiian themed. Volcano is up for interpretation though. PQ thought it was a turkey haha

It look as much like a Turkey as a Volcano. I painted a volcano on 17 after the 3 putt.

Cameron Newport, 34"

for the first time in years, i actually took time yesterday to go out, away from the fam, to go to a BAR and spend beer money to watch the game with a buddy.

what a complete waste, in every sense of the word.

i would have left early, but we drove together. and boogs had asked me to play that afternoon. ugh.

won't make that mistake ever again.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

PQ/Domes/sneek: Why is there a volcano painted on the approach to the 6th green at the Beck??

Why don't you stop asking so many questions?

volcano = triangle

illuminati confirmed

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

I'd be fit and tan and sexy if I lived there.

Fitter. Tanner. Sexier.

This seems like a good opportunity for a photo shop contest. Who can create the best fit, tan, and sexy citygame?

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid/ G430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Phantom 5/ProV1X

for the first time in years, i actually took time yesterday to go out, away from the fam, to go to a BAR and spend beer money to watch the game with a buddy.

what a complete waste, in every sense of the word.

i would have left early, but we drove together. and boogs had asked me to play that afternoon. ugh.

won't make that mistake ever again.

Football is such a good background thing, but only in bad weather is it a "pay attention to it" thing for me.

I like NBC's coverage too. And I like having it on if I'm messing around in the apartment doing whatever. But long gone are the days of waking up with a hangover and getting to a bar at noon on Sunday to get a good table to watch the Steelers game.

Went to the Nationals game on Friday night. This is the best time of year to go to baseball games. Everyone is all up into the NFL so the crowds are smaller, and the weather is awesome.

Also watched my old Aussie Rules team beat up on Boston on Saturday in Anacostia. There were 200 people down there watching the game, which is probably a record. Couple press photographers hanging around. BBQ and music as well. Sweet atmosphere and good to see the club going strong.

every sunday afternoon growing up i watched the redskins with my dad. several years back i started practicing on sunday afternoons because the courses aren't busy. Id watch the second half. then last year i just started playing on sunday afternoons and skipping the games altogether. quitting fantasy football was suuuuch a good decision. football is a great game. my son wont have 1/10th of the talent it takes to play in the NFL so id be fine with him playing. i dont watch nearly as much simply because it isnt as fun to watch

Maybe PQ just sees everything as a turkey.

Like when two cartoon characters are trapped on a desert island and they start picture each other as hamburgers and hot dogs.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

The cost of living/housing price differences are so stark that I thought it became reasonable after one or two drinks.

When you wrote this, I thought you meant "stark" the way I mean it.

Like, I live in Baltimore and my $300,000 house would be like 2.5 million dollars in parts of OCNJ. So, it's very stark. Even if the inlaw's beach house was paid off, the tax bill would be like $20,000 a year.

But, I suspect you mean it the other way.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Superstitions are nonsense. Saying shank doesn't make you get the shanks. Posting about somebody being live on eaglegrint doesn't magically ruin rounds. Just ask city how long his 3-putt free streak is.

Yeah I thought the streak was going to be "number of posts 2MT insists on using the S word in"...

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

But, I suspect you mean it the other way.

Correct. The cost of living in coastal GA is a fraction of what it is in Northern VA. Housing costs, I think the last time I checked any "official" calculator was @ 1/4 the cost as it is here. But you don't need calculator really, easy enough to see when you're down there.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

I'm at 99 holes 3-putt free.

I'm playing Beck tomorrow. Might play turf today. Not sure if I can get on or have an "official" round.

Last 3-putt was hole 9 at BM, but that was sort of bull crap. But, I 3-putted hole 6 that day. Also, I x-ed hole 7 that day.

Playing with fabb at TV, i rammed a "match play" bogey putt past a hole and decided to make it coming back because of the streak, and I made it. So, the streak is legit. No edgy pick ups.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I'm playing Beck tomorrow. Might play turf today. Not sure if I can get on or have an "official" round.

Last 3-putt was hole 9 at BM, but that was sort of bull crap. But, I 3-putted hole 6 that day. Also, I x-ed hole 7 that day.

Playing with fabb at TV, i rammed a "match play" bogey putt past a hole and decided to make it coming back because of the streak, and I made it. So, the streak is legit. No edgy pick ups.

The Beck shall taketh. I'll be rooting for you, though.

Cameron Newport, 34"

It's actually kind of a dumb streak. You want me to have no 3 putts tomorrow? almost guarantee I can have no 3 putts tomorrow. That's no way to play golf, but I'd lay damn good odds I can do it.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Superstitions are nonsense. Saying shank doesn't make you get the shanks. Posting about somebody being live on eaglegrint doesn't magically ruin rounds. Just ask city how long his 3-putt free streak is.

Superstitions are silly. Controlling your mind is crucial. How many good players say "when I want to hit a draw I think draw. When I want to hit a fade I think fade". It's important to think target. Etc. You can definitely "think" your way to a certain level of confidence or fear.

The Beck will be real tough on that streak. Greens were quicker than last time PQ had me out and made a world of difference. Anything above the hole was dead and side hill putts just died off 2 - 3 feet at the end. On top of that I can see them getting 2-4 feet quicker later in the season once it gets cooler which will make for diabolical putts. Course is so pure right now. Fairways are pristine, rough is up and really tough to hit out of. We ended up shooting a team 71 while playing trademark Eagle golf (2 fireball shots / 6 beers each). Winner came in at 55 which is just insane. Scrambles are like that though, always a group who comes in at some crazy number. Mama Lucia's sausage and peppers between 1/18/10 was money and decent catering after. Hope I get invited back in the near future as playing your own ball there will be near perfect conditions in the next couple of weeks.