2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

2015 Ogio Silencer is here (Pics now)

I just saw on RockBottom that the new Ogio Silencer is out. Looks like a fully dedicated Putter slot to fit all grips. They got rid of the ball flap pocket and the clubs will line up in a more standard line now.

The RB link shows the top layout:

http://www.rockbotto...r-cart-bag.html

Here's Ogio's site for it, oddly enough they say coming soon:

http://ogio.com/golf.../mens-cart-bags

While last years bag had some flaws, it was a great investment to me. Has kept my clubs from banging around and beating each other up while riding in a cart. It really helps when having forged clubs.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='davegregoire' timestamp='1432222459' post='11601196']
Im very excited to see this. I purchased the previous model and wanted to love the bag. I actually liked everyting about it accept the top. That previous top design to me made it very difficult to get clubs in and out unless they were along the outside edge.
[/quote]

I saw earlier today that BudgetGolf has the other colors...thank goodness. And it's at the same price. Can't find them anywhere else. I play a 37 or 38 inch putter and it has the dark chrome type shaft on it so the clubs are just tearing the finish apart on the shaft. I love the concept, but it could improve a ton. Hopefully this new one does.

Oh, BudgetGolf is also already running their MemorialDay sale and you can get it for 10% off.

TM Spider X

Hmm, yeah. I went ahead and bought it with the 10% off, but no idea when I'll actually get it. No updates at all from Budget Golf.

TM Spider X

Im very excited to see this. I purchased the previous model and wanted to love the bag. I actually liked everyting about it accept the top. That previous top design to me made it very difficult to get clubs in and out unless they were along the outside edge.
[/quote]

i was wondering how easy it was to pull/put em of the bag. and the top looks like it would scrap against the shafts of the clubs

About freakin time. Ogio finally got it right with this one. I have the 1st Ogio Chamber. Love the silencer system but the zipperless ball pocket on that bag stays open and will not close anymore. Got to the point where golf balls would fall out and bounce all over the parking lot and now I don't even use the ZBP anymore. Complained more than once to Ogio customer service and on their twitter.

Glad to see it's a zippered pocket now. And the top club management with a dedicated putter slot is plus. Looks like I'll be replacing my ogio chamber bag finally!

[quote name='actchill' timestamp='1432733703' post='11634884']
[/quote]

i was wondering how easy it was to pull/put em of the bag. and the top looks like it would scrap against the shafts of the clubs
[/quote]

The top is a soft rubber that doesn't rub against the shafts. I've had graphite iron shafts, the KBS Tour Custom Whites, pretty much anything you could imagine, and they were ok in it. As far as getting the clubs in and out, at first you have to do a little push and a little tug to get them in and out, but it's not a lot. But over time the things on the bottom get a little bit looser. My bag right now locks the club in place, but they still rotate around some. The clubs don't bang around, but I wouldn't feel as confident tipping the bag upside down now as I would when I first got it.

The thicker the butt end of the grip, the tighter the fit as well.

TM Spider X

Handled one at Golfsmith and its pretty light imo. Already have a new revolver Ltd which does the job but the ogio is a good looking bag.

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

[quote name='jorfely305' timestamp='1432771769' post='11639342']
Yea But where are you guys buying it? Ogio doesn't say anything other than "comin soon" and eBay doesn't have any, some sites have but not all colors..... Was this released this week or something? Really want that orange one
[/quote]

yeah, that's the thing. I ordered the orange one from Budget Golf, but I haven't gotten anything from them about it yet. I sent them a message asking if they know when they'll be in stock. I'll post back on here when I find out.

TM Spider X

Mine shipped on 5/27 from Ogio and will be here on Tuesday. So if you want it I'd order from BudgetGolf.

TM Spider X

Man, i have the silencer stand bag and hate the top. For some reason they lined up the slots directly above the club below it. Would have been so much better if they staggered the slots so they would fall in between the one directly below it. Wish mine had the new top where the shaft comes out in the center of the slot instead of the bottom right of the slot. Bad design on the older one. Their advertising of the top/bottom locking systemis very misleading as well. On their site, they show the top with the putter slot on the top right part of the bag. In the picture where they show the club locking system that is inside the bottom of the bag, the putter slot is on the lower left. The two pictures are opposite of each other. For some stupid reason, they have the bottom slots where i am assuming the wedges go, raised up higher than the rest of the slots. This makes the wedges sit higher in the bag. This makes the wedges stick out of the top of the bag more than the other irons that are directly above them. Did they not realize that an 8 iron has a longer shaft than a wedge. This makes the club head sit at the same exact level as the club above them. Because of this, there is so little room between the clubheads that they end up hitting each other unless you point the toes in completely different directions instead of having all of your irons pointed in the same direction. Such bad design of this potentially great bag.

Got mine in today. Here are some pics of it. The diameter seems to be bigger than last years model. I like how there is no rail around it now. It made it a pain to get the shorter clubs in and out before. The putter slot could carry the biggest putter grip known to man. The pockets seem better now as well although you lose the hard case pocket which I really liked.

The holes are smaller the further you get from the putter slot. I wonder why that is. I left my clubs at home and only had one in my office so not sure what's up with that.

Looks nice though...

[attachment=2789222:ogiobag1.jpg]
[attachment=2789224:ogiobag2.jpg]
[attachment=2789226:ogiobag3.jpg]

TM Spider X

[quote name='IHFN' timestamp='1433346684' post='11682046']
Got mine in today. Here are some pics of it. The diameter seems to be bigger than last years model. I like how there is no rail around it now. It made it a pain to get the shorter clubs in and out before. The putter slot could carry the biggest putter grip known to man. The pockets seem better now as well although you lose the hard case pocket which I really liked.

The holes are smaller the further you get from the putter slot. I wonder why that is. I left my clubs at home and only had one in my office so not sure what's up with that.

Looks nice though...

[/quote]

Very Sweet. If you can send some pics when you have all your clubs in the bag, that would be great. Thanks for the fast update!

Definitely looking forward to getting one of these to replace the 1st gen Chamber bag I have.

[quote name='Primexcel' timestamp='1433348515' post='11682278']
[quote name='IHFN' timestamp='1433346684' post='11682046']

Looks nice though...

[/quote]

Very Sweet. If you can send some pics when you have all your clubs in the bag, that would be great. Thanks for the fast update!

Definitely looking forward to getting one of these to replace the 1st gen Chamber bag I have.
[/quote]

Will do...

TM Spider X

[quote name='Marengo' timestamp='1433349025' post='11682324']
Interested to see how the bottom slots are in this bag. Hopefully they arent raised up like previous versions
[/quote]
r
Which one did you have? I had the cart version of last year. I think you had a different version. In mine, they were staggered lined up and entered in the center of each slot.

Like this one.... http://ogio.com/chamber-c23885620670bb335ef4c917657362b9

TM Spider X

Ok, switched over to it. It's for sure a bigger diameter. There is much more room for the clubs and I really like that. There are actually 14 holes that lock plus the putter hole. The main reason I wanted to get this one was that I thought this configuration would keep my black putter shaft from getting beat up with the bigger, dedicated putter slot (In the old one, I had to cut out the top rubber to fit a putter grip I had bought. Since doing that, the putter shaft would move around and bounce against the heads of the irons and get banged up).

Unfortunately, the wall around the putter isn't high enough to deflect the heads off my 38 inch putter. However, my grip fits in one of the normal slots and I came up with a configuration that I really like that makes it really easy to see and grab every club and keeps everything from banging around.

One of my biggest complaints about last years model was how crowded everything was. I had to dig around to get to a couple of locations when I had a putter with a big head.

However, they removed a couple of things that make me shake my head. One major one being the rubber strap that allowed you to tie the bag to the cart. I LOVED this. It kept the bag from sliding around in the cart and kept it secure so you never had to worry about a cart failing. No idea why they would leave this feature out. The other thing being the hard pocket. I always kept a pair of extra sunglasses in that pocket in case the pair I was wearing got too dirty to clean or I forgot a pair, etc. Not sure if I'll still do this without the hard pocket.

They did split the valuable pocket into two sections. One zipper opens, but there is a divider. That's nice, but the old hard pocket was really awesome. There is now just one big cooler pocket. It's one of the side pockets. You could actually hold a few beers in it instead of just a couple in the terrible "Cooler" of last years model.

The bag seems to have better balance and seems lighter now as well. Here are some more pics of it. First is what it looks compared to last years with my clubs in it, then with one configuration and then the configuration that I ended up going with where the putter is in the bottom right.

[attachment=2790062:DSC_0227.JPG]
[attachment=2790058:DSC_0228.JPG]
[attachment=2790054:DSC_0229.JPG]
[attachment=2790072:DSC_0230.JPG]
[attachment=2790052:DSC_0231.JPG]
[attachment=2790050:DSC_0232.JPG]
[attachment=2790074:DSC_0233.JPG]

TM Spider X

[quote name='IHFN' timestamp='1433381547' post='11685778']
Ok, switched over to it. It's for sure a bigger diameter. There is much more room for the clubs and I really like that. There are actually 14 holes that lock plus the putter hole. The main reason I wanted to get this one was that I thought this configuration would keep my black putter shaft from getting beat up with the bigger, dedicated putter slot (In the old one, I had to cut out the top rubber to fit a putter grip I had bought. Since doing that, the putter shaft would move around and bounce against the heads of the irons and get banged up).

Unfortunately, the wall around the putter isn't high enough to deflect the heads off my 38 inch putter. However, my grip fits in one of the normal slots and I came up with a configuration that I really like that makes it really easy to see and grab every club and keeps everything from banging around.

One of my biggest complaints about last years model was how crowded everything was. I had to dig around to get to a couple of locations when I had a putter with a big head.

However, they removed a couple of things that make me shake my head. One major one being the rubber strap that allowed you to tie the bag to the cart. I LOVED this. It kept the bag from sliding around in the cart and kept it secure so you never had to worry about a cart failing. No idea why they would leave this feature out. The other thing being the hard pocket. I always kept a pair of extra sunglasses in that pocket in case the pair I was wearing got too dirty to clean or I forgot a pair, etc. Not sure if I'll still do this without the hard pocket.

They did split the valuable pocket into two sections. One zipper opens, but there is a divider. That's nice, but the old hard pocket was really awesome. There is now just one big cooler pocket. It's one of the side pockets. You could actually hold a few beers in it instead of just a couple in the terrible "Cooler" of last years model.

The bag seems to have better balance and seems lighter now as well. Here are some more pics of it. First is what it looks compared to last years with my clubs in it, then with one configuration and then the configuration that I ended up going with where the putter is in the bottom right.

[/quote]

Great follow up and review. Thanks for the feedback. I think we finally have a winner here. For me, I'm sold that they finally scrapped the zipperless ball pocket. That alone make me wanna upgrade from the ogio chamber.

The bag doesn't seem quite as solid as last years. They seem to have taken some of the guts from the insides of it. I don't think each club slot is individual anymore. They probably did this to make the bag wider, but actually a bit lighter. The material is lighter as well. So far I haven't had any issues with it, but it's something to note. The new designed top is well worth it. So much easier to get to the clubs now compared to last years.

TM Spider X

[quote name='IHFN' timestamp='1433381547' post='11685778']

[/quote]

Would you mind taking a pic from the side with the bag standing vertically. I wanted to see it with the top at eye level to see how far the clubs stick out of the top

Btw. My rant earlier was referencing the Silencer stand bag and not the chamber cart bag or this new one

[quote name='IHFN' timestamp='1433349764' post='11682424']
[quote name='Marengo' timestamp='1433349025' post='11682324']
Interested to see how the bottom slots are in this bag. Hopefully they arent raised up like previous versions
[/quote]
r
Which one did you have? I had the cart version of last year. I think you had a different version. In mine, they were staggered lined up and entered in the center of each slot.

Like this one.... http://ogio.com/chamber-c23885620670bb335ef4c917657362b9
[/quote]

I think the design flaws with my bag are due to it being a stand bag. I guess to accommodate the lever that activates the legs, they had to slant the bottom of the bag

[quote name='Marengo' timestamp='1433485395' post='11693472']
Would you mind taking a pic from the side with the bag standing vertically. I wanted to see it with the top at eye level to see how far the clubs stick out of the top

Btw. My rant earlier was referencing the Silencer stand bag and not the chamber cart bag or this new one
[/quote]

Yeah, no problem. It's pretty interesting actually. With the short irons, the hosel actually goes into the hole some, hence why they are wider. As it moves towards the back, the longer clubs stick out more. I'll take a pic tonight though and load it.

And ok, I was wondering if it was the stand bag. That makes sense now. I was confused for a sec.

TM Spider X

I wish there was some way I could trade it back for this new bag. Seems like it just functions better. Do they have any sort of satisfaction guarantee? I would be willing to pay the difference if there was one too. I emailed the CS prior to buying the bag and a lady replied. She said that there were no problems that she has heard of and her husband actually has the same bag. I took her word and bought the bag. Turns out all of the things I was worried about were true. I wrote her back and never got a response. Bad customer service