2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Jbeam/crazy 435 shaft question

Bigmean

Well, I just totally won a fluke auction on this head in 10*. Don't even ask, you would be sick, and if you happen to be the guy selling it, you better honor your listing!!!

Ok, so it is head only. What should I shaft this up with? I can get about anything from auction.jp. However, I have in my garage a tour AD DJ 7s shaft that was just a little too high for my 913 D2 it felt good and I am thinking from what I read, maybe this shaft would be a really good match and I should not sell it as intended (lost to tour ad GT).

Should I sell the DJ and buy (your recommended shaft here) or take the titliest adaptor off and shaft up the new 435 with that?

Is that too not appropriate a shaft? I was thinking that the trajectory and spin of the ADDJ shaft may actually compliment the crazy 435. I could be way wrong. If not, what is your dream shaft within reason for this head?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

435 shaft for slighty higheralunch id seriosly recoemnd a diamana B.
hell of a shaft.
cheap and excellent.

fire express if u loose it left a bit is fantastic and higher.
crazy longest yard 01 at 46 inch was HUGE , that was a distance meister.

crazy black 50 is a great mix, prob as good as there is.

if u like GD get the BB id say. thats a good shaft.

owari !

The ADDJ is a good mid launch but peaked and fell off my 913, which is also a notoriously high spin driver.

You guys all mentioned the same suspects I had in mind and I think I am going to see what I can get in japan because I am also shipping over that ryoma and I hate to ship solo items anyway. I also want to build this to be a little longer as it is technically going to be my distance getup as long as I get along with it.

Thanks!

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1436411399' post='11914340']
Well, I just totally won a fluke auction on this head in 10*. Don't even ask, you would be sick, and if you happen to be the guy selling it, you better honor your listing!!!

Ok, so it is head only. What should I shaft this up with? I can get about anything from auction.jp. However, I have in my garage a tour AD DJ 7s shaft that was just a little too high for my 913 D2 it felt good and I am thinking from what I read, maybe this shaft would be a really good match and I should not sell it as intended (lost to tour ad GT).

Should I sell the DJ and buy (your recommended shaft here) or take the titliest adaptor off and shaft up the new 435 with that?

Is that too not appropriate a shaft? I was thinking that the trajectory and spin of the ADDJ shaft may actually compliment the crazy 435. I could be way wrong. If not, what is your dream shaft within reason for this head?
[/quote]I have a TRXP Aura shaft in stiff just pulled but brand new . If interested pm me

TRPX Aura is one hell of a shaft .
I have this in my Ryoma . I think it plays a touch soft to flex but that may well suit you Big ?
I love the feel of it myself .

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
Yamada Shogun

Yeah, wrote that on my phone and realized I left a lot out. I play the Crazy Black Tour 75 La Bomba. It's all black. I think it's 8.1 if I remember correctly. Helluva combo. Someday I'll get a 7D, until then, this setup is the best I've ever played.

Epic SZ - T1100
13* Epic SZ - T1100
Epic 3H
Epon 303 4-A
Yururi Tataki 55/60
SC X6M

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1436436460' post='11915206']
The ADDJ is a good mid launch but peaked and fell off my 913, which is also a notoriously high spin driver.

You guys all mentioned the same suspects I had in mind and I think I am going to see what I can get in japan because I am also shipping over that ryoma and I hate to ship solo items anyway. I also want to build this to be a little longer as it is technically going to be my distance getup as long as I get along with it.

Thanks!
[/quote]

If you are going for a longer build, the TJ46 might be the best choice. That shaft was made for the head, literally speaking. That was the shaft the Crazy 435 came with stock originally, an built to 46 inches if I remember correct. I have heard/read that that shaft really matched the 435 perfectly.

http://www.crazy-shaft.com/products/club/crz435.html

I am in a weird SS for flexes. I usually roll stiff. I am like 102-105 normal but if swinging well or on a hole that fits my eye or coming off a bogie and being upset I can still make good swings that are 110, and if those don't go left they are usually good drives. I would like to have a more relaxed 103 swing and just somehow get 280 out of it and not 265 which is why I started this whole venture.

I am still on the fence as to what to do. PM me on what you want for the aura, I am probably not going that direction but I never say never without knowing all the info. I think I am going to put the tour AD in it to start because I can play it immediately and it gives me a starting point.....

Thanks vega man! Now more confusion on the table hahahaha

I started off liking Tour AD's and Diamana's until I tried Basileus Fiamma 60 and TRPX X-Line. Would like to try Waccine Compo and Bangvoo someday... Right now my shaft of choice is the X-Line.

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S)

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 19* (MMT 70S)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

Vokey Forged 52 

Vokey Forged Black 58.12K 

HiToe 64* 
WHP 7CS

TP5x

[quote name='chiromikey' timestamp='1436469084' post='11918196']
You're exactly where I am in regards to SS (comfy around 105 but can bump it up if needed). I can't recommend the Quadra Max WBQ enough...and it's meant to play at 46" or up.
[/quote]

I have been leaning this way. In my mind, the ryoma is the fairway finder and I want this to be the bomber, so 46" has been on my mind.....

So knowing what I know about your SS, what flex in the WBQ? I think I may go this way since that was most on my mind and your post really is pushing me over in it.

Oh yeah, also, how much longer will the 435 play from raw shaft length?

Thanks again guys. You all have made my blind diving into JDM stuff so much confident than if I was doing it completely by the seat of my pants.

Ok, I am committing to the WBQ. Just gotta choose between x and s, verify acceptable lengths, and decide between 65/75 grams....

The tour AD shafts in 6 play like crap dispersion wise compared to the 7s. I hope that quadra is not like this also as my ryoma has a FE 65 in it. I am thinking about hedging bets and going 75 on the WBQ just in case?

I prefer the feel of shafts that are a bit softer than my SS dictates so I had a 65 S in mine. I doubt I would have any problems with the 75 S as I played that in the original Quadra FEX. The hosel depth on the 435 is 1/4" deeper than most so keep that in mind as people say it's like tipping the shaft the same amount.

[quote name='chiromikey' timestamp='1436469084' post='11918196']
You're exactly where I am in regards to SS (comfy around 105 but can bump it up if needed). I can't recommend the Quadra Max WBQ enough...and it's meant to play at 46" or up.
[/quote]

wish id known ur swing characteristecs when u were here, u cudda hit my fire express 75 s 435 ,i wud have loved to see what a draw swinger did with that driver..... i love it but my misses right kill me with it..!!!

owari !

Got her shafted up, I went with my tour ad gt that I really liked on my 913. I haven't taken to the range but Hit like 15 in the net at pga store with it becuase all the feel talk had me nervous..

I hit 4 balls bad, and they felt almost like a blade mishit bad if that makes sense. And when I say bad, I mean no warm up, wearing loafers, want to hit new toy immediately bad, so swings that really won't happen on course, not scarring the SS. The rest I oddly hit on what had to be the sweet spot based on ball marks on the face and it has a thick feel and a crack, but it certainly didn't feel "bad" at all to me. In fact, if a nice drive is the first thing I saw after hearing and feeling it I think it would feel just fine. Of course this is my first jdm driver with ryoma on the way...

So first impression, it makes my 913 feel softer, hollow and more Tinny, and in comparison it feels harder in a more meaty and robust kinda way....almost like comparing a nice cb to a thumpy not soft MB. I am excited to range it as soon as work and family allows....

Just got back from the range...

Had a solid head wind with a storm behind me sucking wind into it. I know this range well, not distances but where i hit things. This is the real deal. Hype lived up to. The trajectory off this head with same GD GT shaft that was in my 913 is "crazy" different(pun intended). The combo with the crazy head stays like 20% or more lower, lands like 10-15 farther and the ball hits the ground like something smacked its a** with a wet towel. It is a bomber for real. I don't want to get too excited too fast, but dispersion was every bit as tight as I get, and I am pretty sure I was dropping drives 260+ into a nice solid headwind, and that is what I was hitting my 913 in calm conditions. In run alone this combo is 7-12 yards or more longer. I can't believe I was getting 10 yards of roll into the wind. Some stopped after a hop, but more ran some. Anyway, I need more time, but so far I am feeling pretty good about it.

Oh yeah, and it is beautiful at address. Head size is perfect, it is so clean, squares up thoughtlessly. Simple, straightforward, and long.

nice review, and glad it's living up to its rep. I love it when my drives hit the ground now cuz you're right, it just takes off running, especially if you play in dryer/firmer conditions. ball flight is boring too so you know you're not getting too held up even if it's a windy day. I much like the sound, a nice metallic crunch that isn't too high or low in pitch..,perfect really!

I am going to the range in a bit, mostly I need to work on some basics but I will hit some drives for fun. I was nervous about how the feel was kinda said to be bad which also relates to sound etc. this is the best way I can out the sound and feel. If the ball came off like an original burner metal wood, you wouldn't be surprised and would say it sounds terrible. When it comes off like it does, you are like, yeah, that had some heavy metal thwack that just sounds like you murdered it.

My 913 felt very hollow and tinny in comparison. The ball flight, again same shaft, is like the difference between an 8 iron and a 5 iron. I will soon the the ryoma for a comparison and I picked up a JDM sldr tp with speeder shaft on that dicks deal with a $20 off coupon I persuaded the lady to use on it, so for $150 I got that. I was planning on leaving it in plastic and just flipping on eBay, but I am tempted to hit it....I know it won't make my bag, but I want to make a office bag of lesser expensive things that I can leave there and sneak rounds with. Hmmm. I will probably just flip it but I am such a ho I want to hit it first......

• 2 weeks later...

Update......I kinda am really loving this driver....Ryoma still not shipped from Japan and I really am in no hurry.

Playing again tomorrow, but played Thursday....Hit driver on every freaking hole....drove the crap out of the ball...I am finding this thing to be a fairway finder. My only issue is that the trajectory is either perfect or too high, and it has to do with the tee position/how the club comes in....However the ones that go to high are still 250 out for me and playable for sure....

Loving this club with AD GT shaft.....

You're going to have the two best JDM drivers when it arrives!

For me the 435 is the best and longest conforming head bar none. The harsh sound can be mitigated by a little hot melt or cotton inside the head. After that it's perfect in feel and sound. In fact it made me think the revered T.388 felt like crap and I immediately sold it! I just picked up my 4th 435, this one a Black version as a backup. It will go in moth balls in case of emergencies.

I think you jdm purests are just spoiled with awesome feel and sounds...I really do not find it offensive. Now it is possible it has hot melt as I am far from original owner. I hit a SLDR the other day and that thing threw me off with feel and sound. It was long, but man that thing bugged me.

I am not a driver whore so I can only compare to the 913 I games for 2 years and compared to that it just feels harder and poppier, but the way the ball comes off makes that crack pleasant to my ears!!

Really I posted the update becuase I only read about this head being more unforgiving and I am finding it to be very straight...I don't really miss the sweet zone with driver, other Than hitting high on the face, but I have had some heel shots (my miss in general) that just go shorter first cut left, very playable. I think this is more accurate than my 913d2. Anyone researching this thing should read that someone thinks it is pretty straight....and I am not an automatic fairway golfer at all...