2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Olympics Golf: The Official Discussion Thread (merged)

GolfGrouch

The Ryder cup does not have the 'strongest field' but it it creates it fare share of interest. I can see a future that includes players talking about getting there world ranking up so they can qualify for the Olympics that same way they do for the Ryder Cup.

And what qualifies you to tell us what players are thinking or will think in the future?

Oh, and it's fair not "fare" and their not "there".

I've known so many, and so many highly talented, dyslexic people working in the performing arts, that I would never knowingly point out eccentric spelling.

And in any case, English is one of the worst languages in the world for odd, senseless spelling. Try Russian for a language that's spelled exactly as it is spoken.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ryder cup does not have the 'strongest field' but it it creates it fare share of interest. I can see a future that includes players talking about getting there world ranking up so they can qualify for the Olympics that same way they do for the Ryder Cup.

And what qualifies you to tell us what players are thinking or will think in the future?

I've known so many, and so many highly talented, dyslexic people working in the performing arts, that I would never knowingly point out eccentric spelling.

It's not "eccentric", it's incorrect. And yeah, I normally wouldn't have mentioned it, but I'm just having a little fun with this particular poster...

Is this the most views and replies for anything in the history of Tour Talk? Told ya the Limpicks are big :)

I guess :dntknw: Got you to come out from under your rock. :rofl:

Just razzin ya. Hope to see more input on here from ya.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Not surprising that you're also the type of person to correct someone's grammar on a message board.

Not surprising that you're also the type of person to correct someone's grammar on a message board.

Says the guy who makes up the stuff he posts on a message board... Still waiting for that Justin Rose citation...

The Ryder cup does not have the 'strongest field' but it it creates it fare share of interest. Ican see a future that includes players talking about getting there world ranking up so they can qualify for the Olympics that same way they do for the Ryder Cup.

What I did was state my opinion and not the opinion of what the player think or will think. I am very qualified to tell people what I think.

What I did not say is "Justing Rose does not believe X, Y or Z"

It's not "eccentric", it's incorrect. And yeah, I normally wouldn't have mentioned it, but I'm just having a little fun with this particular poster...

I am all for fun and have no problem getting called out for lazy writing - he is doing me a service (and others reading my poorly spelled post)

I am all for fun and have no problem getting called out for lazy writing.

There's the spirit.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Says the guy who makes up the stuff he posts on a message board... Still waiting for that Justin Rose citation...

Makes things up?

Some guy said Rose said he valued the Gold more than the US Open and I agreed. Turns out he said he valued them equally. Then you called him a liar and/or idiot. Then you corrected grammar on a message board.

Something tells me you're not looking too good in this one.

Makes things up?

Some guy said Rose said he valued the Gold more than the US Open and I agreed.

And said he'd been saying it in every press conference since Sunday. None of that is true. You made that up. Hence why I said you make up the stuff you post here.

The Ryder cup does not have the 'strongest field' but it it creates it fare share of interest. Ican see a future that includes players talking about getting there world ranking up so they can qualify for the Olympics that same way they do for the Ryder Cup.

What I did was state my opinion and not the opinion of what the player think or will think. I am very qualified to tell people what I think.

Glad to see you understand the difference between statements of facts and statements of opinion. It wasn't clear from previous posts that you did. With that being said, I fail to understand your arbitrary distinction between the types of opinions you seem to think are appropriate topics for discussion on a message board.

Makes things up?

Some guy said Rose said he valued the Gold more than the US Open and I agreed. Turns out he said he valued them equally. Then you called him a liar and/or idiot. Then you corrected grammar on a message board.

Something tells me you're not looking too good in this one.

Rose did say of the Olympic win:

"That felt better than anything I've ever won," said Rose.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/36689345

He didn't say he valued it more, now did he? Still waiting for that citation...

Every time you repeat this the DB meter is getting higher. Whether you are right or wrong does not matter.

Ping G15 Titleist 950R Titleist 910D2 Titleist TS2
Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Titleist 735cm Titleist AP2
Vokey wedges
Tri-Ball SRT Odyssey Works Versa #1 Tank Scotty Cameron Futura 5W

I never said he did (that is someone else). Rose has though been very consistent in saying he placed high value on Olympic Gold. It was actually cool to see him win it after being so vocal about how much he would like to win a gold prior to the event.

By the way I don't have a dog in the fight on the relative importance of the Olympics Vs Majors. I am however a believer that Golf in the Olympics is a good thing for Golf and hope it will continue going forward.

I never said he did (that is someone else).

That's not true, now is it? In response to me asking another poster for a citation for his assertion that JR said winning the gold meant more to him than any other tournament (including the US Open) you said:

"Citation: every Justin Rose press conference since sunday"

I never said he did (that is someone else).

That's not true, now is it? In response to me asking another poster for a citation for his assertion that JR said winning the gold meant more to him than any other tournament (including the US Open) you said:

"Citation: every Justin Rose press conference since sunday"

It is very true I never said that or anything like that.

Zer0 Said what you quoted, not me.

Citation, please.

Citation: every Justin Rose press conference since sunday

And said he'd been saying it in every press conference since Sunday. None of that is true. You made that up. Hence why I said you make up the stuff you post here.

Yes, I was wrong. I misheard him. Turns out he said the gold medal was equally as valuable as the US Open. Then someone else just posted a quote from Rose where he did in fact say that winning the Gold felt better than anything else he's ever won. SO maybe I wasn't so wrong either way.

But, either way, who cares? You are obviously in the wrong here when you claim that the Gold medal isn't even close to winning the US Open. THere are plenty of quotes from Rose here stating just how wrong you are.

Oh wait, I forgot, you aren't wrong. Rose is liar. No wait, he's an idiot.

You're really coming off like a total DBag in this thread.

Glad to see you understand the difference between statements of facts and statements of opinion. It wasn't clear from previous posts that you did. With that being said, I fail to understand your arbitrary distinction between the types of opinions you seem to think are appropriate topics for discussion on a message board.

I have no clue what you are talking about here, but given you don't know who has said what in this thread, I will assume you are just confused.

I have no clue what you are talking about here, but given you don't know who has said what in this thread, I will assume you are just confused.

Leave him alone, he's just being an a**. Cliche internet behavior on his part....lose an argument so respond by attacking parts of the argument that have no bearing on the main issue. Or attack grammar.

I doubt that, but I can understand why you don't want to respond to my rather obvious point. With that being said, my apologies for confusing you with zer0.

Leave him alone, he's just being an a**. Cliche internet behavior on his part....lose an argument so respond by attacking parts of the argument that have no bearing on the main issue. Or attack grammar.

I am confused as I know am talking to myself. :taunt:

I doubt that, but I can understand why you don't want to respond to my rather obvious point. With that being said, my apologies for confusing you with zer0.

Please indulge me and make the point you want me to respond to more obvious as I am still not sure what it is. (Not being sarcastic, really have no idea what you are talking about).

I am happy to respond. It will be later though, as I am off to golf now.

Ryan Lochte wallet was detected in X-ray scan at Olympic Village just after he said it was stolen claim police in court papers leading judge to order his passport seized - but he is already back in the US

http://www.dailymail...e-crime-US.html

• Police arrived to the Olympic Village on Wednesday to seize the passports of Ryan Lochte and Jimmy Feigen
  • The two men are under investigation for allegedly lying about the robbery they claimed happened Sunday in Rio
  • The swim team had already moved out of the Village but Feigen may still be in Brazil while Lochte flew home to Florida on Tuesday
  • The judge's order came after seeing video obtained by DailyMail.com of the laughing men returning to the Village after the robbery
  • Investigators claim that the X-ray machine at the Village showed the men were in possession of all belongings they said were stolen on Sunday
  • The two men will now be investigated for the false communication of a crime, which carries a maximum sentence of three years in jail in Brazil

Lochte and Feigen, the only two of the group who have so far given statements to police, claimed they were so drunk they did not know exactly where they were robbed, nor what type of taxi they took to return to the athletes village.

DailyMail.com has learned that police have seized surveillance video from the gas station where the men claimed to have caught their cab, and there is no sign of the four swimmers getting into a vehicle in the early hours of Sunday.

Ryan Lochte wallet was detected in X-ray scan at Olympic Village just after he said it was stolen claim police in court papers leading judge to order his passport seized - but he is already back in the US

http://www.dailymail...e-crime-US.html

• Police arrived to the Olympic Village on Wednesday to seize the passports of Ryan Lochte and Jimmy Feigen
  • The two men are under investigation for allegedly lying about the robbery they claimed happened Sunday in Rio
  • The swim team had already moved out of the Village but Feigen may still be in Brazil while Lochte flew home to Florida on Tuesday
  • The judge's order came after seeing video obtained by DailyMail.com of the laughing men returning to the Village after the robbery
  • Investigators claim that the X-ray machine at the Village showed the men were in possession of all belongings they said were stolen on Sunday
  • The two men will now be investigated for the false communication of a crime, which carries a maximum sentence of three years in jail in Brazil

Lochte and Feigen, the only two of the group who have so far given statements to police, claimed they were so drunk they did not know exactly where they were robbed, nor what type of taxi they took to return to the athletes village.

DailyMail.com has learned that police have seized surveillance video from the gas station where the men claimed to have caught their cab, and there is no sign of the four swimmers getting into a vehicle in the early hours of Sunday.

I bet they were with Allenby.

Ping G15 Titleist 950R Titleist 910D2 Titleist TS2
Titleist 910f 3W
Callaway XHot hybrid
Titleist 735cm Titleist AP2
Vokey wedges
Tri-Ball SRT Odyssey Works Versa #1 Tank Scotty Cameron Futura 5W