2015 CME Group Tour Championship

AKL Kiwi

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1448057495' post='12625584']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1448053759' post='12625322']
What an interesting year for Stacy Lewis. Third on the money list, third in terms of scoring average yet no wins. Her final round scoring average looks to be much better this year than last. She's top 10 or near top 10 in almost every important stat except driving length and also sand saves. Is her length really costing her that much or is it just the inability to string 4 solid rounds together?

Knowing how hard she is on herself, I'll be the first to forecast she has a HUGE 2016 after developing a plan to address whatever shortcomings she has had in 2015.
[/quote]

I'll say. A bit like So Yeon this season, with 3 good rounds and one so-so round. She plays well on Sunday when she's not in contention, as the pressure is off. I think she's simply trying too hard.

Also, I wouldn't underestimate the ball change. It's amazing how a little thing like a ball can change things.
[/quote]

Yea, I never did understand the ball change. I think her and Creamer both changed to the Bridgestone RX. Don't understand how any pro could seriously be playing that ball. It's an absolutely terrible ball for a professional golfer.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two down and two to go.. So far so good!

How good is Jennifer Song going? Here's a girl with one top 10 to her name in 5 years on tour, who's struggled to break 80 on many occasions over the years and not only did she get into this event she's running near the lead, go you good thing!

Hope she keeps it going..

[quote name='Leftagain' timestamp='1448105753' post='12627278']
Two down and two to go.. So far so good!

How good is Jennifer Song going? Here's a girl with one top 10 to her name in 5 years on tour, who's struggled to break 80 on many occasions over the years and not only did she get into this event she's running near the lead, go you good thing!

Hope she keeps it going..
[/quote]

Did she start working with Leadbetter? :tomato:
'Nice to see.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Is it my imagination, or does Judy sound a little under the weather? She seemed much quieter than usual on Thursday, and a bit better yesterday, but somehow still not her usual self.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

[quote name='North Texas' timestamp='1448074213' post='12626582'][quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1448057495' post='12625584']
What an interesting year for Stacy Lewis. Third on the money list, third in terms of scoring average yet no wins. Her final round scoring average looks to be much better this year than last. She's top 10 or near top 10 in almost every important stat except driving length and also sand saves. Is her length really costing her that much or is it just the inability to string 4 solid rounds together?

Knowing how hard she is on herself, I'll be the first to forecast she has a HUGE 2016 after developing a plan to address whatever shortcomings she has had in 2015.
[/quote]

I'll say. A bit like So Yeon this season, with 3 good rounds and one so-so round. She plays well on Sunday when she's not in contention, as the pressure is off. I think she's simply trying too hard.

Also, I wouldn't underestimate the ball change. It's amazing how a little thing like a ball can change things.
[/quote]

Yea, I never did understand the ball change. I think her and Creamer both changed to the Bridgestone RX. Don't understand how any pro could seriously be playing that ball. It's an absolutely terrible ball for a professional golfer.[/quote]

Lydia and Stacy previously used the 2009 Pro V1x and it was taken off the conforming list.
Paula's played with that ball for a long time. Karrie Webb won 3 times with the RX.

[quote name='bravedave' timestamp='1448129515' post='12628276']
Ai's having another good day today. This thing is up for grabs.
[/quote]

Dear God I hope she remembers how to close out a tournament. She's been in the dumps for a while but she has too many wins under the belt to not give it a good run tomorrow.

[quote name='rfarrell51' timestamp='1447964470' post='12620774']Glad to see JM Green up there. Thought she might do well in her home state. Needs to put together four solid rounds though, seems to always have one clunker. I think she needs a pro caddy next year. Pops is her comfort zone, but maybe not the best option. Not saying she'll win, just hope she plays well. USA well represented after round one.[/quote]

Boom! +4 today. Well it is moving day.

Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
TM M2 3 wood
King Cobra F6 5 wood
Titleist 816 H1 21 hybrid
Wilson Staff V6 Forged 5-GW
Mizuno T7 56
Evnroll ER1

[quote name='AKL Kiwi' timestamp='1448158311' post='12629754']
I know it's not how the LPGA normally work out the pairings but you would think a player who is RR#1, the defending champion and leader in the Race to the Globe would have had a better claim to be in the final grouping over another player on the same total....
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that when 2 players have the same total, the player who finished their round first gets the later tee time. Someone else with more knowledge than me might confirm whether or not that is correct. But I am sure that there is a formula for determining such things and it's definitely not just a random decision.

[quote name='creampuff' timestamp='1447918946' post='12618550']
Two players that I will not be rooting for are Pettersen and Lewis.
[/quote]Despite trying, I too can't get behind Lewis. Her reactions after all her missed putts bothers me to no end. She acts like it is never her fault.

Married to Callaway Clubs but I cheat with Nike Clubs on occasion.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1448053506' post='12625310']
[quote name='North Texas' timestamp='1447984375' post='12622086']
Read that Christie Kerr is using PXG clubs. Interesting.
[/quote]
It's been a long time since Ping was her sponsor.
[/quote]
I thought Kerr was with Callaway recently?

[quote name='Argonne69' timestamp='1448057495' post='12625584']

[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree on Lewis putting too much pressure on herself. She looks like she is having a miserable time. She needs to get back to having fun.

[quote name='North Texas' timestamp='1448164697' post='12630052'][quote name='AKL Kiwi' timestamp='1448158311' post='12629754']
I know it's not how the LPGA normally work out the pairings but you would think a player who is RR#1, the defending champion and leader in the Race to the Globe would have had a better claim to be in the final grouping over another player on the same total....
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that when 2 players have the same total, the player who finished their round first gets the later tee time. Someone else with more knowledge than me might confirm whether or not that is correct. But I am sure that there is a formula for determining such things and it's definitely not just a random decision.[/quote]

I thought it had something to do with who had the better round. Gerina did shoot two strokes better than Lydia in the 3rd round. Of course I may be wrong. �

[quote name='hebsan' timestamp='1448199397' post='12630610']
[quote name='North Texas' timestamp='1448164697' post='12630052'][quote name='AKL Kiwi' timestamp='1448158311' post='12629754']
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that when 2 players have the same total, the player who finished their round first gets the later tee time. Someone else with more knowledge than me might confirm whether or not that is correct. But I am sure that there is a formula for determining such things and it's definitely not just a random decision.[/quote]

I thought it had something to do with who had the better round. Gerina did shoot two strokes better than Lydia in the 3rd round. Of course I may be wrong. �
[/quote]

You are basically saying the same thing. Generally the player who posts the score first plays in the later group. Posting first implies they were in an earlier group, so started with a worse score, and thus shot the better round for the day.

The reason this came up was because last week they didn't follow this when setting the pairings. It appeared that the groupings were being made at the discretion of the tournament organizers, i.e. a popularity contest.

Coverage is a complete catastrophe this week, so I am going to try and imagine the action in ma mind's eye. Hope Inbee and Ai can catch a wave and propel themselves to the top of the board. But realistically just hope that Ai has a solid finish and some momentum going into next year.

What is up with Michelle? Either she is still struggling with injury or is just having a very hard time focusing on tournament golf.

Lexis seems to be finding some real consistency lately. She will overtake Stacy soon at this rate.

I think the winner will come from the final group. I hope Ha Na Jang pulls it off and then celebrates by hoisting her caddy up over her head or something crazy like that.

IMO LPGA should vote on POY like the PGAT does. It just seems weird that a player with 5 wins and 1 major is going to win out over 5 wins and 2 majors.

Clearly Lydia had more high finishes and made more cash. But it's like her consistency is being given a higher value than Inbee's winning two majors.

I feel that winning multiple majors in the same year is a bigger deal. It's not just a matter of 1+1=2. Winning two is a rarefied accomplishment. Week to week consistency is admirable, but nowhere near the same level. And it's not like Inbee was inconsistent, her scoring average is 0.016 strokes higher than Lydia's, and has 14 top tens to Lydia's 16.

Last but not least I am going to resort to the douchey argument that Lydia would probably trade her season for Inbee's.

[quote name='hebsan' timestamp='1448215040' post='12631520']
This is not live online anywhere? Currently in Thailand and I don't see it listed on the ESPN app. [b]Another fail for the LPGA.[/b]
[/quote]

The message is clear. Even one of the richest and most important tournaments in women's golf still takes a back seat to the likes of the "RSM Classic".

[quote name='legitimategolf' timestamp='1448215323' post='12631534']
[quote name='hebsan' timestamp='1448215040' post='12631520']
This is not live online anywhere? Currently in Thailand and I don't see it listed on the ESPN app. [b]Another fail for the LPGA.[/b]
[/quote]

The message is clear. Even one of the richest and most important tournaments in women's golf still takes a back seat to the likes of the "RSM Classic".
[/quote]

You're right about the coverage being a catastrophe this week. This tournament and the LPGA deserves better than what they got.