2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

2016-2017 NFL Thread

highergr0und

C'mon CrabDaddy and CommerceTiger can I get a prediction on tonight's final score from

you two? Anyone else want a crack?

I know it is a tough one.

Thanks men

Well the Chiefs proved all three of us to be drinking a wee bit too much of the Silver and Black koolade.

TC had the Chiefs' score correct.

I got worried when everybody on the NFL Network set picked KC.

Just who is TC? I thought only you, me, and CommerceTiger played the prediction game last night?

I did not watch the NFL network coverage, so how many is everybody that picked the Chiefs?

Too, we all did not plan on Mr. Carr having the worst showing of his career either.

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta hand it to K C they played well on both sides of the ball. The punt return from Hill was phenomenal.

But why did the Raiders punt it straight into the middle of the field? Collingsworth was shouting You Do Not DO THAT with him back there. Seems pretty simple to avoid that.

lol

King was probably too concerned with what dance he was going to do

C'mon CrabDaddy and CommerceTiger can I get a prediction on tonight's final score from

you two? Anyone else want a crack?

I know it is a tough one.

Thanks men

Well the Chiefs proved all three of us to be drinking a wee bit too much of the Silver and Black koolade.

TC had the Chiefs' score correct.

I got worried when everybody on the NFL Network set picked KC.

Just who is TC? I thought only you, me, and CommerceTiger played the prediction game last night?

I did not watch the NFL network coverage, so how many is everybody that picked the Chiefs?

Too, we all did not plan on Mr. Carr having the worst showing of his career either.

Whoops - that's Commerce Tiger backwards.

4 out of 4 picked the Chiefs, but, by the time they got to Michael Irvin, he was so cold I think he didn't want to explain why he was picking the Raiders, LOL!

Weather may have affected Carr more than anticipated. He was off all night.

Week 14

Pittsburgh vs Buffalo - Steelers look like they are hitting their stride. Taylor has been struggling for the Bills. Steelers 24 Bills 14

San Diego vs Carolina - Underachiever Special. Tough to go coast to coast (just ask Seattle week 12). Rivers has been dismal in the second half of games lately. TD/INT ratio is 14/4 in the 1st half of games vs 11/10 in the 2nd half. Costly 4th qtr INTs with the game in reach. 7 INTs in his last 3 games! Cam hasn't played well either. But, Carolina is, at least .500 at home. The Bolts have an interesting stat: -1 takeaway differential, which, at #19, is right around the average, except they are #1 in giveaways (25) and #2 in takeaways (24). Panthers 27 Chargers 24

Cincinnatti vs Cleveland - Roger Goodell's Dream Matchup! Ohio vs ohiO. Brown and orange vs brown and orange. In the snow and wind. Ugh! If the Browns are going to win a game this year, this might be the one. The 2008 Detroit Lions will be excited at the prospect of holding onto their record alone. I can't actually pick the Browns to win, though... Bengals 17 Browns 10

Chicago vs Detroit - Detroit has held their last 6 opponents to 20 points or less. Stafford has looked good in recent weeks, w/only 1 INT since week 4. They actually had a lead going into the 4th quarter last week! Lions at home 5-1, Bears away 0-6. Bears only chance is a 200 yd game from Jordan Howard. Lions 31 Bears 17

Houston vs Indianapolis - Colts looked like they were ready for a Super Bowl run last week versus the ... oh, that's right, it was the Jets. Still, they took care of business on the road. A must win game for the Colts, otherwise, the Texans will own the H2H tiebreaker. Texans have lost their last 3 games, averaging just 15pts/gm. Texans 1-5 on the road, make that 1-6... Colts 28 Texans 14

Denver vs Tennessee - Broncos not sure if Trevor Simien will be ready for action. Devontae Booker has only been averaging about 3 yds/carry the last 5 weeks. Denver's D, as good as they are vs the pass, are susceptible to the run. Titans are one of the best rushing teams in the league. Could go either way, but, with an injured Simien or Lynch starting, I'll say Titans 28 Broncos 27.

Minnesota vs Jacksonville - Here's the thing... the Jaguars will win another game this year, it's just a matter of whose season do they spoil. The Jaguars have the 2nd best pass defense in the NFL... that's not a typo... and the Vikings can't run the ball. I'm making this game my Upset Special. Jaguars 24 Vikings 20.

Arizona vs Miami - Sunburn in December Special. The Dolphins had their bubble burst last week, and the Cardinals are more talented than the Ravens. The Cards have been awful on the road (1-4). Miami has held serve at home (5-1). Hard to pick against David Johnson (MVP, BTW) & Co. in this matchup. Cardinals 23 Dolphins 20

New Orleans at Tampa Bay - Bucs have won their last 4 games (including Sea and KC), and are looking take the NFC South away from the Falcons. They have both Doug Martin and Jacquizz Rodgers back. Surprisingly, this is the first game between these teams this season. Tampa only 2-4 at home, but I think they have enough firepower to match points with the Saints. Bucs 32 Saints 28

Washington vs Philadelphia - Acela Express Special. The bloom is off the Carson Wentz rose. Savior to scapegoat in 9 weeks. Remember when he threw for 300 yds, 2 TDs and lead the Eagles to a 34-3 whipping of the Steelers? Yeah, me neither. But, I do remember the 3 INTs and 58.2 passer rating last week while losing to the Bengals. He'll be fine, but not this week. The Redskins are on a 2 game slide, but lost to 2 good teams on the road. Eagles have been tough at home, so no easy day for Cousins, but the Redskins should be hungry to stay in the wildcard hunt. Redskins 24 Eagles 23

New York vs San Francisco - Frequent flier miles are the only good thing coming out of this game. Mighty big carbon footprint for a 3 win team to fly across the country and take on a 1 win team in December. 49ers Whatever, Jets Who cares

Seattle vs Green Bay - The Pack pretty much need this game to keep hope alive for a playoff spot. Does Earl Thomas' injury open up some downfield shots for Rodgers and Nelson? 3-5 inches of snow in the forecast. Who makes the most end zone snow angels? I think Jimmy Graham... Seahawks 20 Packers 17

Atlanta vs Los Angeles - Falcons should hold serve against a pathetic Rams offense. Falcons 24 Rams 10

Dallas vs New York - Dallas has to stumble one of these weeks, right? The result of last week's game vs the Steelers was a little more indicative of how the Giants have looked all season, even though they've won 8 games. Giants lose JPP. Prescott has not thrown an INT since week 8, with an average passer rating of 121.6 in his last 5 games. Eli has a hard time not throwing the ball to a player on the other team 1 or 2 times/game - 6 picks in last 5 weeks. Cowboys 27 Giants 20

I'm out.

I've got my money on Oakland and Over 46.

I'll say Oakland 28-21

Pay better attention damn it Crab. lol

He was a solid believer of the "Black Hole Bandits" just like you and me. See post above! lol

It was mighty decent to see Carr own up to the s*** show play he put forward afterwards in the presser.. No big ego in that guy, and that is

nice and refreshing. Must say the Chiefs are probably viewed as the kings of the AFC West now though.

raider-nation-black-hole5.jpg

Have not had time to read your "Crabs NFL takes" week 14 edition. I will get to the wise analysis later today.

Let's make some stellar picks for the weekend gents.

Do the Browns find the W column with RG lll starting? Will his fragile a** see the final snap of that game?

CommerceTiger we are due for a nice three teamer from you. Please.

Your Falcons are a lock right?

I like balt +7, bears +7.5, and the under 51.5 in NO/TB

Also sorta like the under 39.5 in vikings/Jax. Just think its gonna be like the Jax/Denver game

Where you been hoser? lol Talking golf instead eh? I've missed your NFL input.

Been to a Flames game? They are tied for first in the Pacific and have won 5 in a row, oops this the

NFL thread. So are you worried about KC there Bronco's fan?

2putttom where are you?

A must read bit for you that discusses your team's famous 1/2 billionaire owner's normal day at the office,

and the old minivan he cruises.

Talks about where he gets that fancy haircut too.

http://dailysnark.co...-worst-haircut/

NSFW--language not pictures

Maybe this is why Tyreek Hill is so fast and talented. Be careful what you post boys it might just get dug up some day

and made public. lol this is great.

http://dailysnark.com/tyreekhillnsfw/

2putttom where are you?

A must read bit for you that discusses your team's famous 1/2 billionaire owner's normal day at the office,

curled up in a corner in the fetal position :stink:

I've been Black/silver.... silver/black since 72'

did ya notice the new uni's? They play better in black , beat up, thread bear and torn garb! Bowl head Davis's favorite color is white.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

2putttom where are you?

did ya notice the new uni's? They play better in black , beat up, thread bear and torn garb! Bowl head Davis's favorite color is white.

Great statement about the uniform color and condition. You have a great and unique way of expressing things about your team sir. I bet you have a super sense of humor.

Being in the service industry I applaud Davis's wish to continue to patronize his long time hair stylist. Being a strong repeat

and loyal customer is a honorable trait regardless of the hair style ! And 500 miles to get to the barber chair ! lol

What gets me is the vehicle of choice to drive. You don't have to cruise a $200,000. Mercedes Benz, but being stuck on a

1997 Dodge minivan? C'mon that is straight up kooky. Warren Buffett at least drove a 2006 full size Cadillac all the way until

Back to 72' a Raiders fan eh? Then you remember John Matuszak. Wild man from the D line.

Lookie here a Tooz paycheck from 1978 . Cool don't you think?

s-l1600.jpg

So, did they get a check every day? LOL!

Wow! Free agency turned the tide. Still not on par with baseball as far as compensation.

But Matuszak earned $2900/week in '78. How's that compare to the 53rd man today? Or practice squad guy?

That's pro lacrosse money, lol.

Touch, where are your picks for this week? Almost out of sand in the hourglass.

So, did they get a check every day? LOL!

Wow! Free agency turned the tide. Still not on par with baseball as far as compensation.

But Matuszak earned $2900/week in '78. How's that compare to the 53rd man today? Or practice squad guy?

That's pro lacrosse money, lol.

Touch, where are your picks for this week? Almost out of sand in the hourglass.

I know I have been dragging my feet in making my selections. They are coming I promise. They will be in before the first 1pm kickoff.

The "read all about it" Crab NFL Times has been on the newsstands 34 hours already.

Also sorta like the under 39.5 in vikings/Jax. Just think its gonna be like the Jax/Denver game

Been to a Flames game? They are tied for first in the Pacific and have won 5 in a row, oops this the

Yea time on wrx has been light lately kinda just popping in and out of threads, trying my hardest not to snap and some posters so I don't get suspended again.

Yea I've been to two or three games this year, they seemed to have figured it out a bit, playing well again tonight.

KC is a good team, Houston being back is obviously a huge + for their d but just nothing scares me about them. I feel like they need a few more plays to happen than other teams, like look at the Denver game, they had a safety; returned the free kick for a touchdown; then the broncos pr muffed that punt which woulda put denver almost in fg range; then they gotta drive the whole field to score 8 points with no timeouts. Now I know all of those things happened but thats a damn lot that needs to happen. They are a really nice, really solid team, but nothing at all scares me about them. Conversely Baltimore scares me to death, I still have nightmares about that 2012 playoff game.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

I know somebody around here that will smile when reading that last sentence. You have a game that you like so

well that you might be able to call it your lock of the week Knockit?

Morning Clyde's of Columbia, the picks are in the works.

Yea time on wrx has been light lately kinda just popping in and out of threads, trying my hardest not to snap and some posters so I don't get suspended again.

Yea I've been to two or three games this year, they seemed to have figured it out a bit, playing well again tonight.

KC is a good team, Houston being back is obviously a huge + for their d but just nothing scares me about them. I feel like they need a few more plays to happen than other teams, like look at the Denver game, they had a safety; returned the free kick for a touchdown; then the broncos pr muffed that punt which woulda put denver almost in fg range; then they gotta drive the whole field to score 8 points with no timeouts. Now I know all of those things happened but thats a damn lot that needs to happen. They are a really nice, really solid team, but nothing at all scares me about them. Conversely Baltimore scares me to death, I still have nightmares about that 2012 playoff game.

They scare me too! I still have nightmares about that 2015 loss to the Browns!

Week 14

Pittsburgh vs Buffalo - Steelers look like they are hitting their stride. Taylor has been struggling for the Bills. Steelers 24 Bills 14

San Diego vs Carolina - Underachiever Special. Tough to go coast to coast (just ask Seattle week 12). Rivers has been dismal in the second half of games lately. TD/INT ratio is 14/4 in the 1st half of games vs 11/10 in the 2nd half. Costly 4th qtr INTs with the game in reach. 7 INTs in his last 3 games! Cam hasn't played well either. But, Carolina is, at least .500 at home. The Bolts have an interesting stat: -1 takeaway differential, which, at #19, is right around the average, except they are #1 in giveaways (25) and #2 in takeaways (24). Panthers 27 Chargers 24

Cincinnatti vs Cleveland - Roger Goodell's Dream Matchup! Ohio vs ohiO. Brown and orange vs brown and orange. In the snow and wind. Ugh! If the Browns are going to win a game this year, this might be the one. The 2008 Detroit Lions will be excited at the prospect of holding onto their record alone. I can't actually pick the Browns to win, though... Bengals 17 Browns 10

Chicago vs Detroit - Detroit has held their last 6 opponents to 20 points or less. Stafford has looked good in recent weeks, w/only 1 INT since week 4. They actually had a lead going into the 4th quarter last week! Lions at home 5-1, Bears away 0-6. Bears only chance is a 200 yd game from Jordan Howard. Lions 31 Bears 17

Houston vs Indianapolis - Colts looked like they were ready for a Super Bowl run last week versus the ... oh, that's right, it was the Jets. Still, they took care of business on the road. A must win game for the Colts, otherwise, the Texans will own the H2H tiebreaker. Texans have lost their last 3 games, averaging just 15pts/gm. Texans 1-5 on the road, make that 1-6... Colts 28 Texans 14

Denver vs Tennessee - Broncos not sure if Trevor Simien will be ready for action. Devontae Booker has only been averaging about 3 yds/carry the last 5 weeks. Denver's D, as good as they are vs the pass, are susceptible to the run. Titans are one of the best rushing teams in the league. Could go either way, but, with an injured Simien or Lynch starting, I'll say Titans 28 Broncos 27.

Minnesota vs Jacksonville - Here's the thing... the Jaguars will win another game this year, it's just a matter of whose season do they spoil. The Jaguars have the 2nd best pass defense in the NFL... that's not a typo... and the Vikings can't run the ball. I'm making this game my Upset Special. Jaguars 24 Vikings 20.

Arizona vs Miami - Sunburn in December Special. The Dolphins had their bubble burst last week, and the Cardinals are more talented than the Ravens. The Cards have been awful on the road (1-4). Miami has held serve at home (5-1). Hard to pick against David Johnson (MVP, BTW) & Co. in this matchup. Cardinals 23 Dolphins 20

New Orleans at Tampa Bay - Bucs have won their last 4 games (including Sea and KC), and are looking take the NFC South away from the Falcons. They have both Doug Martin and Jacquizz Rodgers back. Surprisingly, this is the first game between these teams this season. Tampa only 2-4 at home, but I think they have enough firepower to match points with the Saints. Bucs 32 Saints 28

Washington vs Philadelphia - Acela Express Special. The bloom is off the Carson Wentz rose. Savior to scapegoat in 9 weeks. Remember when he threw for 300 yds, 2 TDs and lead the Eagles to a 34-3 whipping of the Steelers? Yeah, me neither. But, I do remember the 3 INTs and 58.2 passer rating last week while losing to the Bengals. He'll be fine, but not this week. The Redskins are on a 2 game slide, but lost to 2 good teams on the road. Eagles have been tough at home, so no easy day for Cousins, but the Redskins should be hungry to stay in the wildcard hunt. Redskins 24 Eagles 23

New York vs San Francisco - Frequent flier miles are the only good thing coming out of this game. Mighty big carbon footprint for a 3 win team to fly across the country and take on a 1 win team in December. 49ers Whatever, Jets Who cares

Seattle vs Green Bay - The Pack pretty much need this game to keep hope alive for a playoff spot. Does Earl Thomas' injury open up some downfield shots for Rodgers and Nelson? 3-5 inches of snow in the forecast. Who makes the most end zone snow angels? I think Jimmy Graham... Seahawks 20 Packers 17

Atlanta vs Los Angeles - Falcons should hold serve against a pathetic Rams offense. Falcons 24 Rams 10

Dallas vs New York - Dallas has to stumble one of these weeks, right? The result of last week's game vs the Steelers was a little more indicative of how the Giants have looked all season, even though they've won 8 games. Giants lose JPP. Prescott has not thrown an INT since week 8, with an average passer rating of 121.6 in his last 5 games. Eli has a hard time not throwing the ball to a player on the other team 1 or 2 times/game - 6 picks in last 5 weeks. Cowboys 27 Giants 20

I'm out.

Game in upstate NY

Right. Pittsburgh gets the win in a pretty close game. Steelers cover 3 points 21-17

Carolina cold wind game

Wrong. I just can't keep thinking the Panthers are going to be somewhat competitive anymore, LUKE is still out, long travels for a

CA. team to an early east coast contest, but the Bolts get it done 23-16.

Battle of the Clevelands, Cincinnati's, Columbus', Canton's, a state that has to many C towns.

Right. All "not" that RG lll is starting for the Browns, the dog pound will see a cruddy QB at the controls for their team.

Bengals get it done in the Firestone Tire cup 24-13.

Chicago in the Motor City....

Black and Blue and not interested.

Houston at Indy

Right. H2H battle that will be decided late in the 4th...Indy at the checkered flag. I wouldn't lay 6.5 points like they are though.

No score prediction

Minny at the stadium with a kooky swimming pool. Don't care about this one.

LOVE this GAME

Arizona at the Orange Bowl kind of

Wrong.

"Zona is done folks, don't let last week's effort against the bad Redskin defense sway you.

Have you seen the Cars record in east coast games? Fins now a home dog and it did not start out with that line.

Take the points 2.5 and moneyline too. Dolphins 20-17.

Love this one TOO

Right. The home field is no advantage for Tampa yet they keep on rolling. Buccs 28- 24

NFC East bloody battle.

Right. Redskins almost give it away but find victory in the end in Liberty Bell city. Burgundy and Gold 23-17.

J-E-T-S in the gay capital of the US. Some boys like the bearded type. Like Crab says who cares.

Seattle at Lambeau

Right. I want the Pack to win bad to show us there back. Not happening. Seattle wins 29-19.

Dallas at Hoffa State Park

TBD

My two best bets are Tampa and Miami ...it's a nice Sunshine State two team parlay winner right there.

OHHH MY the Ravens at shave cream land stadium against the GOAT and his red, white and blue team.

I almost skipped that one. woops got confused on the night games..Dallas / Giants is the Sunday Night game.

So my Monday Night crystal ball says the following.

Everybody loves the Ravens and the juicy 6.5 - 7 points. I don't. Patriots win a nasty AFC battle. If handsome Tom does

not get knocked out by the mean Raven's defense, and he finishes the game....well the Foxborough fans will see

a Patriot win and cover. In the cold Mass. air Pats 27- 13. What is the over/under on Flacco's TD's in this one Crab?

ONE.

NFL week14

Cheerleader photos for the large audience ( 5 dudes) this thread attracts!

Crab

C Tiger

2puttT

Knockit

bscinsnct

enjoy my selections gentlemen.

12-Rebecca-Shedden-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-Cheerleaders-Hottest-NFL-Cheerleaders-of-2012.jpgJessica-Jacksonville-Jaguars-Most-Beautiful-NFL-Cheerleaders-2018-e1470026694487.jpg130114133144-new-england-patriots-cheerleaders-op1h-36928-mid-single-image-cut.jpgwashington-redskins_pg_600.jpg

2putttom where are you?

Great statement about the uniform color and condition. You have a great and unique way of expressing things about your team sir. I bet you have a super sense of humor.

Being in the service industry I applaud Davis's wish to continue to patronize his long time hair stylist. Being a strong repeat

and loyal customer is a honorable trait regardless of the hair style ! And 500 miles to get to the barber chair ! lol

What gets me is the vehicle of choice to drive. You don't have to cruise a $200,000. Mercedes Benz, but being stuck on a

1997 Dodge minivan? C'mon that is straight up kooky. Warren Buffett at least drove a 2006 full size Cadillac all the way until

Back to 72' a Raiders fan eh? Then you remember John Matuszak. Wild man from the D line.

Lookie here a Tooz paycheck from 1978 . Cool don't you think?

s-l1600.jpg

Only Tooz could pull this character off.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Okay guys. My quick picks

Pittsburgh beats Buffalo 24-13

Carolina beats SD 34-27

Cleveland beats Cincy 24-21

Detroit beats Chicago 24-20

Indianapolis beats Houston 30-14

Jacksonville beats MIN 14-10

Arizona beats Miami 20-14

Philly beats Washington 31-24

Tennessee beats Denver 14-10

SF beats Jets 9-7

Greenbay beats Seattle 28-10

Atlanta beats LA 42-7

NO beats TB 42-35

Giants beat DAL 20-17

NE beats BAL 17-14

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Carolina beats SD 34-27

SF beats Jets 9-7

Atlanta beats LA 42-7

NO beats TB 42-35

Giants beat DAL 20-17

NE beats BAL 17-14

I don't mean to be the grammar/spelling police, but you typed "Cleveland beats Cincy 24-21". Obvious typo there.

But, you are Mr. Upset today!

Carolina beats SD 34-27

SF beats Jets 9-7

Atlanta beats LA 42-7

NO beats TB 42-35

Giants beat DAL 20-17

NE beats BAL 17-14

WHOA..... Whoa..... whoa S F over jets!

this would be astonishing!

Carolina beats SD 34-27

SF beats Jets 9-7

Atlanta beats LA 42-7

NO beats TB 42-35

Giants beat DAL 20-17

NE beats BAL 17-14

So as I asked you a day or two ago.....Your Falcon's are a lock I see!

Carolina beats SD 34-27

SF beats Jets 9-7

Atlanta beats LA 42-7

NO beats TB 42-35

Giants beat DAL 20-17

NE beats BAL 17-14

I don't mean to be the grammar/spelling police, but you typed "Cleveland beats Cincy 24-21". Obvious typo there.

But, you are Mr. Upset today!

He must have no idea that RG is at the controls...did you know that Comm Tiger? lol

Just loving the weather in Buffalo....that is pure December Northeast AFC action at its finest.

Steelers are on the board. Ben to A. Brown for a 40 yard completion in the big flakes! That is such a deadly duo right there.

They will go down as almost as good as the Snake to Freddie B. right 2puttT ? lol

The rout is on in the Dog Pound.

1puttTUT

who is your NFL team sir?

Welcome to the NFL Boys Treehouse.

Redskins kicker with an easy 38 yarder at Lincoln Field to tie it up and DOINK off the upright.

Damn Hopkins try to be at least 1/2 as decent as Tucker is.

You already had the one allotted missed game winning field goal in London that resulted in a tie. No MORE misses inside 40 yards.

This better not figure into the final score.

RG out of the gate 1/5 for 7 yards...smokin!