Confessions 12 --- Exploding Heads

Conrad1953

Happy early Father's Day to all out there! Here's hoping it isn't 107 there like it will be here tomorrow and you will get a chance to play some golf!

Happy Fathers Day to you Sir! Hope your able to get out and play tomorrow!

This US Open is getting pretty good, as much grief as everyone on WRX is giving Fox for their coverage I LOVE all the pro tracer shots.

Nothing wrong with the FOX coverage. People just like b**** and moan. I've watched a lot of Lowry on the Euro tour. He's a player. I don't expect a big Sunday collapse from him. He's not a sure thing. No one is at a US OPEN at Oakmont.

LOL, yeah I always forget it's GolfWRX, sometimes I hope I can "unread" some of the things I've read over my almost 2 years here. I refer to my pre-WRX days as the "Ignorance was bliss" period.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lowry holds on for the win, the leaderboard is so good though.

Happy early Father's Day to all out there! Here's hoping it isn't 107 there like it will be here tomorrow and you will get a chance to play some golf!

Happy Fathers Day to you Sir! Hope your able to get out and play tomorrow!

This US Open is getting pretty good, as much grief as everyone on WRX is giving Fox for their coverage I LOVE all the pro tracer shots.

Nothing wrong with the FOX coverage. People just like b**** and moan. I've watched a lot of Lowry on the Euro tour. He's a player. I don't expect a big Sunday collapse from him. He's not a sure thing. No one is at a US OPEN at Oakmont.

Sadly, I have only seen a couple minutes of coverage. Busy cleaning things, taking care of the little hoodlum, and hoping to get as much done as possible before the 107's and 111's coming up this week.

Gotta do that Dad stuff, tomorrow should be an interesting final round though!

To all of you, who are still LOYAL to OUR Confessions Family,

Happy Father's Day!

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

DJ finally got the "monkey" off his back, Oakmont was a great venue. The whole USGA rules debacle was a mess, thankfully it didn't effect the outcome though, that would have been a pity.

Hope all is well guys!!

Actually, I think the ruling DID influence the outcome. Everyone trailing "thought" they were farther back than they actually were. If you are 2 back you might play differently from when you are 3 back and pretty much have to go for it. That said, I think that Secret Tour Pro had the best quote about the issue... (I hope this works seeing as I cannot embed the quote)

Looks like the @USGA can't/don't follow their own rules! Make it up as they go along! #Farcical #STP

Reference is to USGA rule 34-2 (Referee's Decision) - If a referee has been appointed by the committee, his decision is final.

That said, it is really interesting to see all the PGA and LPGA players being rather annoyed with the decision to not make a decision until the end of the round. It's almost like ... a CONSPIRACY to have Dustin win after choking last year! *queue the music sting here* ;)

Gaucho, your probably right. I guess I was just thinking about DJ only, and if were to lose by 1....again LOL

Yeah I really didn't get the whole deciding later, absolutely game plans would have to be adjusted, and all the players would have to be informed immediately to make it fair and allow them to adjust accordingly. The whole thing was ugly. Plus it seemed there was no consistency in similar rulings throughout the day.

I don't like the rule and never have. If the player doesn't touch the ball then it shouldn't be a penalty. The lie on the green should support soling of the club and practice strokes and when it doesn't then the ball should simply be replaced as closely as possible. DJ wasn't trying to gain any advantage on the field by moving his ball a sixteenth of a turn. Rules should protect the field against an unfair advantage. When you stimp greens off the charts it's inevitable the ball is going to be less stable after being replaced. Better yet if it rolls further from the hole then play it, closer replace it to the original position. Very distracting and lame incident in an otherwise interesting competition.

I will say that technically I would be considered biased as I just cannot stand Mr. Personality (DJ). Lee Westwood's collapse hurt along with Andrew Landry and Shane Lowry... and to have the USGA "withhold" information when they are required by their own rules to immediately make a ruling is absurd. I think I am getting to the point where I just don't care for the US Open anymore... and you can guess what I think of the USGA itself. :)

That said, what in the world was going on with the lady speaking at the trophy ceremony?? I forget who said it, but I think it was STP who said something to the effect that he thought she was drunk or stoned. She was as slurred in speech as the USGA has been consistent in their idiocy of ruling recently (anchor putter, can't post rounds played as a single, etc.).

108 degrees today... 111 tomorrow ... yeah, I'm over summer and it just started! Here's hoping the weather cools down and fast.

Washed the mud off my shoes. As in 1994, Oakmont is one tough course but really, really cool without the trees. No tricking the place up - those fairways were cut where they always are cut - the rough was tough but not excessive - the landing areas were small, small, small - precision really needed to hit the right spot on those greens to have a chance at birdie or even a shot at a little pressure par. Could never hear the cars at the turnpike even when down at 10th green/11th tee - did hear the train whistle a few times. Lots of elevation changes but not really all that hard to walk - though the area surrounding the 3rd green was the worst mud mess on the course - almost unpassable - otherwise it was just spots of mud here and there that weren't bad - the course though hardly showed it - and note that with 3+ inches of rain Wed/Thurs the USGA didn't hear any grumbling of playing mud balls. Once again, the range and short game area was my favorite place. Didn't follow anyone but did see most all of the big names for several holes. Hung out right beside 12 green for a bit - was the best close action since you could get right next to the bunkers on the right. Fitbit recorded 20K steps both days.

Spent one rain delay in an ATM kiosk with about 20 other souls - a bit cozy. Found a great little place for mussels and belgian brews.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

glk, I didn't realize you were going to the Open. Sounds like an awesome trip! I'm going to try and get out and watch more good golf this year. I really enjoy our state amateur competitions and want to go to a few before the summer is over.

Always a fun, good thing to go watch these guys play. Last we went to was the 2013 BMW but in the past been to the 94 Open, Jack's tourney mutliple times, and the old Western Open at Coghill lots of times and then an LPGA event held at the course at our old home(White Eagle - Dottie Pepper won one year and Beth Daniels, the next) in Naperville and a Ameritech Senior at Stonebridge (also held lpga event there - Annika and Hale I both lite the place up) where I've played at lot (even almost won the member/guest a few years back) where I have a number of friends that are members.

One reminder I got on pace was that these guys do everything deliberate - no one is rushing out there - from getting into their shots, to walking down the fairway or off the green - everything is pretty much a leisurely stroll. Would not call it slow. Again at the range, no one is firing balls - probably hitting one every minute or two - take a break and talk to whoever is around them be it caddie, coach, or whatever - ditto on the putting green. Granted they are warming up but they take that pace from the practice area to the course.

Fun to always get back home too. Visited with my sister, shopped the strip district, ate at a lot of the "trendy" restaurants that are dotting the Burgh (no joke here, Pittsburgh is becoming a foodie town to rival the likes of Charleston).

I feel for folks going to Erin Hills next year. The transport from the parking area to the course was rocky on Thursday (took an hour 20 but only 20 minutes Friday - our bus driver missed a turn if you can believe that) - plus with 3 inches of rain we parked at the Mall lot since they used the parking lot - the other lot was a grass field and was actually closed on Friday - parked in enough grass fields on Scout outings back in the day only to have a few inches of rain fall and then attempt to drive through a bog). Erin Hills is in the middle of nowhere. Going to be interesting to see how far away they the parking to bus fans to the course - probably somewhere in the Western Burbs of Milwaukee.

One note on parking at Oakmont, there is no parking at the course but the residents that live across and near the course offer parking in their yards - the cheapest were $30 but a mile walk - the most expensive were $80 but right across the street form the main gate - and they were all getting filled up!

Food at the course was expensive as you would expect but not a total gouge. Had a 20 oz pepsi and a pretty good caesar chicken wrap from Ruth Chris for $17 bucks - the wrap was quite hefty - wife had the lobster roll for a dollar more - not as good as in New England but not bad. Could go cheaper or more expensive but we only ate once at the course and saved room for something better afterwards. Not the Masters but not too bad. Got to the course by 8:00 both days and left at 4 on Thus and 6 on Friday.

The merchandise, now that was a different story - shirts were starting at $86. Got hats and a towel. And a little relief from the rain one time - and heat on Friday since it got to the upper 80s that afternoon. People were easily walking out with several hundred dollars worth of stuff - they had 84 registers and still had lines snaking thru the pay area - it moved really quickly - wouldn't be surprised if they were selling a couple of $100K/hour of stuff at peak times - they had a smaller tent near the range too.

The rain really took the fire out of the course. I don't see anyone breaking par if it had stayed rain free - guys were hitting 5/6i into #7 and they were one hop checking from 200 yards out - hole was back on Thursday and watched lots of balls that would have rolled off the back check up. From the looks of it balls were still holding thru Sunday but not quite like Thursday/Friday - funny thing is in 94 they had big rain on Wednesday before the tourney but 100 heat during Thurs-Monday - course doesn't really dry out very quickly - I looked it up - in 9 Opens at Oakmont only 27 scores posted under par!

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

glk, I didn't realize you were going to the Open. Sounds like an awesome trip! I'm going to try and get out and watch more good golf this year. I really enjoy our state amateur competitions and want to go to a few before the summer is over.

Always a fun, good thing to go watch these guys play. Last we went to was the 2013 BMW but in the past been to the 94 Open, Jack's tourney mutliple times, and the old Western Open at Coghill lots of times and then an LPGA event held at the course at our old home(White Eagle - Dottie Pepper won one year and Beth Daniels, the next) in Naperville and a Ameritech Senior at Stonebridge (also held lpga event there - Annika and Hale I both lite the place up) where I've played at lot (even almost won the member/guest a few years back) where I have a number of friends that are members.

One reminder I got on pace was that these guys do everything deliberate - no one is rushing out there - from getting into their shots, to walking down the fairway or off the green - everything is pretty much a leisurely stroll. Would not call it slow. Again at the range, no one is firing balls - probably hitting one every minute or two - take a break and talk to whoever is around them be it caddie, coach, or whatever - ditto on the putting green. Granted they are warming up but they take that pace from the practice area to the course.

Fun to always get back home too. Visited with my sister, shopped the strip district, ate at a lot of the "trendy" restaurants that are dotting the Burgh (no joke here, Pittsburgh is becoming a foodie town to rival the likes of Charleston).

I feel for folks going to Erin Hills next year. The transport from the parking area to the course was rocky on Thursday (took an hour 20 but only 20 minutes Friday - our bus driver missed a turn if you can believe that) - plus with 3 inches of rain we parked at the Mall lot since they used the parking lot - the other lot was a grass field and was actually closed on Friday - parked in enough grass fields on Scout outings back in the day only to have a few inches of rain fall and then attempt to drive through a bog). Erin Hills is in the middle of nowhere. Going to be interesting to see how far away they the parking to bus fans to the course - probably somewhere in the Western Burbs of Milwaukee.

One note on parking at Oakmont, there is no parking at the course but the residents that live across and near the course offer parking in their yards - the cheapest were $30 but a mile walk - the most expensive were $80 but right across the street form the main gate - and they were all getting filled up!

Food at the course was expensive as you would expect but not a total gouge. Had a 20 oz pepsi and a pretty good caesar chicken wrap from Ruth Chris for $17 bucks - the wrap was quite hefty - wife had the lobster roll for a dollar more - not as good as in New England but not bad. Could go cheaper or more expensive but we only ate once at the course and saved room for something better afterwards. Not the Masters but not too bad. Got to the course by 8:00 both days and left at 4 on Thus and 6 on Friday.

The merchandise, now that was a different story - shirts were starting at $86. Got hats and a towel. And a little relief from the rain one time - and heat on Friday since it got to the upper 80s that afternoon. People were easily walking out with several hundred dollars worth of stuff - they had 84 registers and still had lines snaking thru the pay area - it moved really quickly - wouldn't be surprised if they were selling a couple of $100K/hour of stuff at peak times - they had a smaller tent near the range too.

The rain really took the fire out of the course. I don't see anyone breaking par if it had stayed rain free - guys were hitting 5/6i into #7 and they were one hop checking from 200 yards out - hole was back on Thursday and watched lots of balls that would have rolled off the back check up. From the looks of it balls were still holding thru Sunday but not quite like Thursday/Friday - funny thing is in 94 they had big rain on Wednesday before the tourney but 100 heat during Thurs-Monday - course doesn't really dry out very quickly - I looked it up - in 9 Opens at Oakmont only 27 scores posted under par!

Glad you got to go GLK. As I watched on TV I kept remembering my experience last year at Chambers Bay. I am guessing they pack up all those tents and grand stands and store them somewhere until the next open. I prolly was in some of those seats and tents last year.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Glad you got to go GLK. As I watched on TV I kept remembering my experience last year at Chambers Bay. I am guessing they pack up all those tents and grand stands and store them somewhere until the next open. I prolly was in some of those seats and tents last year.

I imagine that stuff is all going up near Milwaukee someplace - probably going to take them quite some time to get it all down - Oakmont bought the golf course that was next to it and basically used it for a major area of merchandise, eating - replica of the 18th green that you could go putt yourself , and on and on. Great part was for the most part you could get pretty darn close to the action - the grandstands were very close and had pretty good sight lines for multiple holes - we sat at 18 green for a bit and the guys had to pay attention to those on either the 12 or 10 tee and take turns hitting putts on 18 while the folks were driving - they used the back tee right below the 18th grandstand for the 12 at 667 yards then switched it to the 10th tee at 462 for the 3rd round while moving the 12th tee up to 617 - watched the guy come out with his post hole digger and move the big hole markers - watched them double cut (or triple?) and roll the greens too - that was a cool part of Friday where the 2nd round ended around 2ish and the third round started - you could follow the grounds crew and there activity since up near the clubhouse you can see about 17 holes of the course with all the tree removed. Looked like an armada of mowers etc on the greens! Even with the crowds it was pretty easy to get close to the action - for a lot of the holes you could get pretty close - I measured and on 12 green we were all of about 20 feet from edge of the bunkers - watching the camera guy with a rather large boom camera that he could move in virtually all directions - he would swing it out over the bunkers and

follow the players as they walked their putts - we were standing right next to him. Watched DJ come through - he hit his 2nd right in the throat of the approach which is only about 20 yards wide - not bad on a 617 yard hole.

Very nice to watch on an old style course where the green to tee distance is pretty close - expect when they cross the turnpike or move back to play the tips which are pretty stupidly far back on some holes. I don't think Oakmont has room to realistically move it back much from the 7200 yards it is now but frankly it has such a mix of long and short holes that if they made it 7400-7500 yards I don't think guys would break par even in the calm, solft conditions it was in last week.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

BUMP:

snapback.pngtolmij, on 21 June 2016 - 08:48 PM, said:

Hell its been busy in here. A fella can't sleep before he's 50 posts behind.

It's interesting reading about the amateur club fitters, my local course stuffed me about for 3months when the head came off my 4 hybrid. I did consider trying myself but pussied out in the end. I have watched several videos on the subject and as I have been in engineering for most of working life, it did not seem out of my ability. Will try it soon (I think).

Hey Ninja, look, a fellow engineer!

By my very scientific powers of deduction and reasoning I figure if you and Tol

can flush the toilet at the exact some moment the opposing spin of the flushes

will cancel each other out and you both will end up with flushed flyers!

This is where it belongs!!!!!!!!!!

BUMP:

It's interesting reading about the amateur club fitters, my local course stuffed me about for 3months when the head came off my 4 hybrid. I did consider trying myself but pussied out in the end. I have watched several videos on the subject and as I have been in engineering for most of working life, it did not seem out of my ability. Will try it soon (I think).

No jokes allowed here Mdg. This is now the serious thread for the serious issues, like

physics and swing mechanics and marketing kool aid and half truths and head cases

and long detailed discussions of golf.

We ride the dingy over here for those things while the Grille is more like how Confessions

was in the "HALCYON" days......as someone so aptly put it.

BUMP:

It really depends if one of us needs a 'two flusher' or not. That and we both still need to be diametrically opposed.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

BUMP:

No jokes allowed here Mdg. This is now the serious thread for the serious issues, like

physics and swing mechanics and marketing kool aid and half truths and head cases

We ride the dingy over here for those things while the Grille is more like how Confessions

All you guys had to do, is Steer it back to HALCYON days!!.....lnstead, some of you snuck out the back door in the middle of the night.....!

Ballsless and creepy if you ask me!....But you didn't bother, did you?

I can only imagine the amount of PM's being exchanged in the background. That's nowhere near the definition I have of "TEAMWORK"!!!

Everybody on the Planet gets a grasp of "being allergic to peanuts", guess what? I'm allergic to hypocrisy.

Playpen tantrums, I can easily tolerate from a BABY in diapers. From adults, not so much.

And to somewhat quote PD: "I'm on the verge (or is it "just about") of picking up my ball and move to the next tee", consider mine picked up!!!!!

------------------> :mug:

Should anyone wish to reply, do it here.....Where it belongs!!!! Out in the Open!

If I get a PM, I'll copy/paste it on HERE, in the **Safe Haven Confessions Thread**

MDG...

Out in the open just like you want it.

Step back and take a really deep breath here. You have much greater challenges than where anyone posts or PMs about. You've been given an open 24/7 ticket to enjoy and share it from the second you sat at the table. You still have that. If the flavor of folks moving along and trying to reset was distasteful - you're just going to have to take it or leave it as it is. Nothing has happened you didn't see happen right before your eyes. If the compromise solution isn't your cup of tea - there isn't another one available unless you - all by yourself have something other than outrage to offer.

Its golf MDG. Its a forum. This crap is not worth one ounce of anger.

You change your mind - the seat will be kept warm. Bring a warm attitude to it and it's yours. If not - that is entirely your call. You can believe it or not - but the care and concern for you far eclipses that little bomb you just dropped.

I'll leave you with this. You come back and edit your post to say the word bump. And I'll edit mine to say the word bump. You want it out in the open and left as is. Then that's where I'll leave mine. Your call.

BUMP:

All you guys had to do, is Steer it back to HALCYON days!!.....lnstead, some of you snuck out the back door in the middle of the night.....!

I can only imagine the amount of PM's being exchanged in the background. That's nowhere near the definition I have of "TEAMWORK"!!!

Everybody on the Planet gets a grasp of "being allergic to peanuts", guess what? I'm allergic to hypocrisy.

Playpen tantrums, I can easily tolerate from a BABY in diapers. From adults, not so much.

And to somewhat quote PD: "I'm on the verge (or is it "just about") of picking up my ball and move to the next tee", consider mine picked up!!!!!

------------------> [ :mug: ]

Should anyone wish to reply, do it here.....Where it belongs!!!! Out in the Open!

If I get a PM, I'll copy/paste it on HERE, in the **Safe Haven Confessions Thread**

Here you go Mdg, right out in the open, bro. :)

There is no "steering" and never has been any "steering" of the Confessions

threads. They have always gone where they have gone and where the members

have taken them. Yes, sometimes some would try to change the subject but

members will post what they want regardless. It's just the nature of the beast.

We have to rely on the sensibilities of all who are here to keep it working.

Confessions is still going and people can still post whatever they want but it

became very obvious to those were "plugged in" that the thread had turned into

a science class with daily lectures from the professor at the lecturn. No post was

safe from being "corrected" and to disagree was to disagree with the "physics"

and not the person. And the tone of condescension was just over the top and

no one deserved to be treated in that fashion.

It no longer mattered who was right or wrong. People were tired of it and were

dropping out and not posting any longer. It was overkill to the nth degree.

And, yes, a few of us who cared, got together off to the side to seek a solution.

The Grille thread was started to give others a place to get together away from

the constant barrage of science and physics, some of which they did not agree

with but did not want to fight over.

You can call it childish or as Matt said "take the ball and go home". So be it.

Something had to be done as the whole thing was blowing up.

This arrangement seems to be working.

I am sorry you do not like it. I hope you can see there was no other way and I

hope maybe you and a few others can also see that you were not very plugged

in to what was going on or you would have seen this coming. It was obvious to anyone

who was paying attention. I think a few are a little too self absorbed myself and frankly

just post for their own edification and not with a desire to enjoy some friendship, which

really is the essence of this whole thing.

You know, if you want to be right, you can be right until you're the only one left in the

room, with no one to talk to.

BUMP:

------------------> [ :mug: ]

Here you go Mdg, right out in the open, bro. :)

There is no "steering" and never has been any "steering" of the Confessions

threads. They have always gone where they have gone and where the members

have taken them. Yes, sometimes some would try to change the subject but

members will post what they want regardless. It's just the nature of the beast.

We have to rely on the sensibilities of all who are here to keep it working.

Confessions is still going and people can still post whatever they want but it

became very obvious to those were "plugged in" that the thread had turned into

a science class with daily lectures from the professor at the lecturn. No post was

safe from being "corrected" and to disagree was to disagree with the "physics"

and not the person. And the tone of condescension was just over the top and

no one deserved to be treated in that fashion.

It no longer mattered who was right or wrong. People were tired of it and were

dropping out and not posting any longer. It was overkill to the nth degree.

And, yes, a few of us who cared, got together off to the side to seek a solution.

The Grille thread was started to give others a place to get together away from

the constant barrage of science and physics, some of which they did not agree

with but did not want to fight over.

You can call it childish or as Matt said "take the ball and go home". So be it.

Something had to be done as the whole thing was blowing up.

This arrangement seems to be working.

I am sorry you do not like it. I hope you can see there was no other way and I

hope maybe you and a few others can also see that you were not very plugged

in to what was going on or you would have seen this coming. It was obvious to anyone

who was paying attention. I think a few are a little too self absorbed myself and frankly

just post for their own edification and not with a desire to enjoy some friendship, which

really is the essence of this whole thing.

You know, if you want to be right, you can be right until you're the only one left in the

room, with no one to talk to.

What had to be done was: Stop challenging the Physics.

PHYSICS IS THE ONLY SCIENCE THAT IS NOT NEGOTIABLE!!!!

I am far more "plugged in" than anyone can imagine. (Who's being condescending now?) Yes, I saw it coming, and I was hoping that all of those of you, who kept on replying, would've come to grips with the fact that, Physics is proof of how things work (or not). It's a science that is better understood than learned.

As a trucker, like anyone else on the planet, you use Physics all day, every day. You know to gauge speed vs load vs road conditions vs weather conditions, otherwise your rig would be on it's side, or worse.

What DeNinnY did was share information, that turns out to be facts. He also suggested that his posts be ignored if someone didn't get it. He was challenged on THAT too. He also suggested a way to prove the theory to yourselves by getting two identical wedges except for the bounce, and try it yourselves. You and others had already flown off the handle and decided that he was being condescendent.

You didn't get it then, and you're still not getting it now.

MDG...

Out in the open just like you want it.

Step back and take a really deep breath here. You have much greater challenges than where anyone posts or PMs about. You've been given an open 24/7 ticket to enjoy and share it from the second you sat at the table. You still have that. If the flavor of folks moving along and trying to reset was distasteful - you're just going to have to take it or leave it as it is. Nothing has happened you didn't see happen right before your eyes. If the compromise solution isn't your cup of tea - there isn't another one available unless you - all by yourself have something other than outrage to offer.

Its golf MDG. Its a forum. This crap is not worth one ounce of anger.

You change your mind - the seat will be kept warm. Bring a warm attitude to it and it's yours. If not - that is entirely your call. You can believe it or not - but the care and concern for you far eclipses that little bomb you just dropped.

I'll leave you with this. You come back and edit your post to say the word bump. And I'll edit mine to say the word bump. You want it out in the open and left as is. Then that's where I'll leave mine. Your call.

I replied to Rad before you, b/c I went with the notification alert that was up there.

A few times, I was tempted to reply DR;TL.

Words, numbers and people all have something in common. If you bunch enough of them together, you can make them say what you want.

Thing is, Physics cannot be challenged, some scientists/researchers challenged Einstein's theory, for years (and being paid big bucks) only to confirm/prove that he was right all along. But, they admitted/confessed that they were wrong.

A few individuals deciding for the masses, doesn't make them right.

My seat is at the Confessions Table, if I sit by myself, I'll play solitary games.

I didn't drop a bomb by sneaking out the back door, in the middle of the night, you guys did. Yet, the solution was right there in front of you....Stop replying, and ignore the Physics posts......But, some of you wouldn't let it go, you rallied up a couple of allies and creeped out.

That still doesn't make you right! DeNinny is!

The only one I'm willing to put my carcass on the line for, is my Precious! She's on the threshold of going into a world of her own. She's not, and never will be the woman I married 40 years ago this June 26, 2016.

Will all due respect, I don't need this shyite at this point in time.

OTOH, neither you or anybody else, have to suffer the consequences from MY problems.

But, it doesn't mean that I can't have DeNinja's back.....And you, of all people, should have too, since he is the only one, in this instance, (Physics) who actually knows what he's talking about.

You weren't getting it then, and you're still not getting it now.

[media=]

[/media]

Thanks for the laugh. It's 05:00 AM, I'm going to bed.

MDG, I was one of the posters who dropped out, and I think Rad captured the situation quite well. To add my own take, the quote of yours that I grabbed above is significant. I don't know physics beyond a certain level (HS/PHYS101), but I know some biology and some modelling (not the naked kind, like ttb). The golf swing is a chaotic system with lots of moving parts that results in a collision. So, to model it, there would be a compound equation and assumptions about how the individual equations fit together (many of the individual equations are the physics that are not in question). When my real life experiences did not match the theory being put forth, I knew either the assumptions were wrong or there were more parts that needed to be accounted for in the model.

"Blades are always better than cavity backs, but I still use hybrids." Hmmmm. Sounds like there is room for other possibilities.

Karsten Solheim was an awfully smart dude, and better at engineering than marketing... and, I like to use those kind of macro level observations as a reality check.

I checked out of the thread because I found myself biting my tongue all too often for the sake of civility and harmony. (...which doesn't make sense when you're typing :dntknw: Ouch!). I was happy to see the Grille thread established to hear about other people's lives and experiences related (mmm, sometimes) to golf without having to wade through posts that challenged what amounted to common sense to me.

I will also add that I harbor no hard feelings toward anybody I might disagree with in this thread. In fact, those disagreements would probably be a very good conversation face to face, but it is often difficult to capture the nuances of spoken word that keep things civil when conversing in this format. Discretion the better part of valor, yada, yada, yada... :derisive: <- Thank goodness for emojis!

MDG, I was one of the posters who dropped out, and I think Rad captured the situation quite well. To add my own take, the quote of yours that I grabbed above is significant. I don't know physics beyond a certain level (HS/PHYS101), but I know some biology and some modelling (not the naked kind, like ttb). The golf swing is a chaotic system with lots of moving parts that results in a collision. So, to model it, there would be a compound equation and assumptions about how the individual equations fit together (many of the individual equations are the physics that are not in question). When my real life experiences did not match the theory being put forth, I knew either the assumptions were wrong or there were more parts that needed to be accounted for in the model.

"Blades are always better than cavity backs, but I still use hybrids." Hmmmm. Sounds like there is room for other possibilities.

Karsten Solheim was an awfully smart dude, and better at engineering than marketing... and, I like to use those kind of macro level observations as a reality check.

I checked out of the thread because I found myself biting my tongue all too often for the sake of civility and harmony. (...which doesn't make sense when you're typing :dntknw: Ouch!). I was happy to see the Grille thread established to hear about other people's lives and experiences related (mmm, sometimes) to golf.

I will also add that I harbor no hard feelings toward anybody I might disagree with in this thread. In fact, those disagreements would probably be a very good conversation face to face, but it is often difficult to capture the nuances of spoken word that keep things civil when conversing in this format. Discretion the better part of valor, yada, yada, yada... :derisive: <- Thank goodness for emojis!

CrabDaddy, for the record I would have had zero issues discussing the "room for other possibilities" where real world may not have matched up to theoretical "assumptions".

But you hit it on the head about posts being "lost in translation" due to not being face to face discussion. I think a lot of my posts, both purely technical and editorial, were (and still are) taken way out of context. And I can only explain my position so many times, so I stopped stressing about whether or not others understood it or not. I've already explained myself several times that I'm simply sharing my golf journey like all other confessions threads, and I'm simply continuing to do that. Not my problem anymore if others want to take it as lecturing or condescension.

Lastly, FWIW, I thought it was very respectful of you just to stop posting rather than make a spectacle of exiting the thread.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

I checked out of the thread because I found myself biting my tongue all too often for the sake of civility and harmony. (...which doesn't make sense when you're typing :dntknw: Ouch!). I was happy to see the Grille thread established to hear about other people's lives and experiences related (mmm, sometimes) to golf.

Fair enough!

I'm hoping that my insistence on having this discussion out in the open will eliminate any confusion (interpretation) on this specific issue.

The Golf Swing is as personal as our fingerprints. Righties, Lefties and Ambidextrous will hone in and master what works best for each individual. The topic that created this whole mess, has absolutely nothing with "The Swing", and everything to do with "BOUNCE" and nothing else. Hence, the Physics behind it, to help everybody understand.

You say Rad captured the situation quite well, and obviously you agree....I don't.

When Ninja suggested that he (and the rest of you'se) ignore his posts on the subject of "BOUNCE" he replied that he was going to reply to whatever he wanted. THAT, IMHO, put himself way out in left field, along with everyone else who agreed with him.

How do I prove this, you ask?

You sneaked out the back door, in the middle of the night, after numerous "background exchanges", to do what?

Exactly what DeNinny suggested from the get go! ------Ignore the Damn Posts------!

That is my grievance about, running down the hill and hiding in the Clubhouse Grill. (e)?

grille noun

plural grilles

Learner's definition of GRILLE

[count]

: a metal frame with bars running across it that is used to cover or protect something

• The vent was covered with a
    grille

• The truck has a large metal
    grille
    at the front.

Now, I'm being
C
antankerous!
:pimp:
:rofl:

If I'm not worth a laugh, I'm not worth a thing!

I've literally got nothing left to give. No compromise ever makes everyone happy. Take your stand MDG. It's your total right to do so. I only wish you had been in other's shoes along the way and for sure no one can possibly be in yours right now. Just how much "slipping away in the night" can be done inside the same forum? Have you actually thought that one through? You don't think others didn't think that through amid all this? You've said it yourself - ignore the posts you want to ignore. That's exactly what happened - and no one killed this very thread. It still lives.

You and I have a bridge burned between us. Maybe it won't always be that way. As said I've literally got nothing left on this. Its no accident that something triggered all this scab picking as we were ALL crossing the finish line on a nice peaceful solution where nobody's baby had to be ugly. We were right on the edge of good success when this whole boiler got re-fired. You know and I know there's a reason for that.

Get back to me when/if you're ready to mend bridges. You'll eventually come to realize this has NOTHING to do with the character of others. It was and always has been about compromise...one that was up and running until you snapped.

None of us are your enemy - nor are we Ninja's. No one's baby had to be called ugly here. You'll eventually come to realize that - I hope. In the meantime I promise not to impugn your character or motives despite the fact you have chosen for the time being not to return that kindness. Ready when you are to mend the bridge. Stand there with torch to it if you like. Whatever the source of that flame is... it's going to burn out sooner or later and you and I will still be here looking across the river at each other.

I've literally got nothing left to give. No compromise ever makes everyone happy. Take your stand MDG. It's your total right to do so. I only wish you had been in other's shoes along the way and for sure no one can possibly be in yours right now. Just how much "slipping away in the night" can be done inside the same forum? Have you actually thought that one through? You don't think others didn't think that through amid all this? You've said it yourself - ignore the posts you want to ignore. That's exactly what happened - and no one killed this very thread. It still lives.

The Confessions thread, is 12 chapters, and many thousands pages long. It never was, and isn't about the Thread, it was a specific TOPIC, "BOUNCE".

We took pride in having multiple parallel discussions going. When one is of no interest to you, you join another. (i.e., ignore post)

Ignoring posts was suggested by Ninja, not I, he was handling the situation very appropriately, IMO.

The thread still lives....For now! But, it has been put in jeopardy.

You and I have a bridge burned between us. Maybe it won't always be that way. As said I've literally got nothing left on this. Its no accident that something triggered all this scab picking as we were ALL crossing the finish line on a nice peaceful solution where nobody's baby had to be ugly. We were right on the edge of good success when this whole boiler got re-fired. You know and I know there's a reason for that.

Get back to me when/if you're ready to mend bridges. You'll eventually come to realize this has NOTHING to do with the character of others. It was and always has been about compromise...one that was up and running until you snapped.

Throwing "condescension" in someone's face, may not be as bad as calling your baby ugly, but you're smart enough to know that it's an ugly accusation...Especially when you have absolutely nothing to back it up. Further more, being told, not suggested, but TOLD that there is no steering in this thread, (i.e., slalom) THAT is condescension. We've been "slaloming" and "steering" from DAY ONE! (Parallel discussions)

What re-fired the boiler is the fact that, those who couldn't grasp the science behind the "Bounce", (and it's perfectly OK) kept on challenging instead of "agreeing to disagree" and move on. Bailing out is not an option to "compromise"....!

None of us are your enemy - nor are we Ninja's. No one's baby had to be called ugly here. You'll eventually come to realize that - I hope. In the meantime I promise not to impugn your character or motives despite the fact you have chosen for the time being not to return that kindness. Ready when you are to mend the bridge. Stand there with torch to it if you like. Whatever the source of that flame is... it's going to burn out sooner or later and you and I will still be here looking across the river at each other.

And now you're being kind?

Reason, you bailed, I didn't. And your accusing me of not thinking this through? How kind of you.

I'll never bail out alive on my Precious, because I've accepted that we are a TEAM. What's your excuse?

We have all acknowledged and respected your opinion as a Swing Guru. Nobody ever challenged your expertise on that Topic.

DeNinny is a Physics Guru, compared to all of us. Who are any of us, to challenge the Science of Physics, and accusing Him and later me of throwing condescension all over the Board?

C'mon dude,

Even "The Flying Nun" got a grasp of Physics :rofl: It's not that difficult, if you approach it with an open mind.

(From Wikipedia)

.......She explains her ability to fly by stating, "When lift plus thrust is greater than load plus drag, anything can fly." :beruo:

The Confessions thread, is 12 chapters, and many thousands pages long. It never was, and isn't about the Thread, it was a specific TOPIC, "BOUNCE".

We took pride in having multiple parallel discussions going. When one is of no interest to you, you join another. (i.e., ignore post)

Ignoring posts was suggested by Ninja, not I, he was handling the situation very appropriately, IMO.

The thread still lives....For now! But, it has been put in jeopardy.

Throwing "condescension" in someone's face, may not be as bad as calling your baby ugly, but you're smart enough to know that it's an ugly accusation...Especially when you have absolutely nothing to back it up. Further more, being told, not suggested, but TOLD that there is no steering in this thread, (i.e., slalom) THAT is condescension. We've been "slaloming" and "steering" from DAY ONE! (Parallel discussions)

What re-fired the boiler is the fact that, those who couldn't grasp the science behind the "Bounce", (and it's perfectly OK) kept on challenging instead of "agreeing to disagree" and move on. Bailing out is not an option to "compromise"....!

And now you're being kind?

Reason, you bailed, I didn't. And your accusing me of not thinking this through? How kind of you.

I'll never bail out alive on my Precious, because I've accepted that we are a TEAM. What's your excuse?

We have all acknowledged and respected your opinion as a Swing Guru. Nobody ever challenged your expertise on that Topic.

DeNinny is a Physics Guru, compared to all of us. Who are any of us, to challenge the Science of Physics, and accusing Him and later me of throwing condescension all over the Board?

C'mon dude,

Even "The Flying Nun" got a grasp of Physics :rofl: It's not that difficult, if you approach it with an open mind.

(From Wikipedia)

.......She explains her ability to fly by stating, "When lift plus thrust is greater than load plus drag, anything can fly." :beruo:

Reason bailed? Really? ....and you're comparing a thread on a golf forum to a 40 year marriage? Really?

There were a number of regulars that came in and posted in the Confessions threads that were no longer posting. And yes, in some behind the scenes PMs it was determined why. Reason started another thread so those good people could come back and continue to post in the round table comradarie that was disappearing. And, Reason still posts here. So, bail? I don't think so.

Conrad is the OP. Has he shut the thread down? No. Why? Beats the heck out of me but it seems this thread still serves a purpose.

So, with all due respect, how can you call you guy out for bailing that's still here and not call the others out who quit posting in Confessions?

...and as far as PD, he was respectful enough to announce he was leaving and why. Everyone else just quit posting. We're they being disrespectful? No...not at all. Why? Because it's a freakin golf forum...GEEZ...LMAO!! Life can be frustrating enough.

In closing, this what we have. Bridges have been burned but, the fire was put out. Can we please stop trying to rekindle the flame?

Rad, if you want to close her down. I get it. I totally get it.

Fairways and Greens

MC

I'll get back to you before nightfall. I now need to check something in Chapter 8-9-...!