Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

my swing is my swing. Good or bad,i can do it at my age without being in traction after a round,or feeling like

I got hit by a defensive tackle ! I try to keep mine simple and smooth,with acceleration thru the ball,into the finish.

Most of the time it works. When I rush it I dont fret,worry,or get zoned out ,because I know that on the next tee

i will concentrate on a nice smooth swing. I dont hit it far...and I sometimes dont hit it straight. But I can hit it,go

get it and hit it again,without a lot of back pain. Which is why I won't change it,fool with it,mess it up. It is pain free

and allows me to play this dumb game. Just my .30 worth !

“Swing Your Swing”

“Not Some Idea of A Swing”

“Not A Swing You Saw On TV”

“Not That Swing You Wish You Had”

“No! Swing Your Swing”

“Capable of Greatness, Prized Only By You”

“Perfect In Its Imperfection”

“Swing Your Swing”

“I Know I Did!”

Arnold Palmer

I use to watch Arnie on TV...and always thought he was trying to rip the ball apart .. Man...his swing looked so strong !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I don't think it's good to compare other sports to golf. For one, in golf you have zero interaction physically

with your opponent(s). Also, golf is not an intuitive sport. Relying on a "natural swing" is why 90% of golfers

can't legitimately break 100.

I agree that each golfer will swing the golf club in their own unique way but that does not mean that the unique

way is what came natural to them at first. Their unique way is their unique way of adapting to what is

necessary to hit a golf ball successfully.

So, IMO, when a golfer feels under pressure and reverts back to "something"; that something isn't necessarily

a reversion back to what was natural for them and likely is just reversion back to their most recent swing fault.

What we have to take into consideration is the regularity with which we play, no matter how good you are if practice is not regular then you will always revert to rubbish, same as any sport, Judo included, and I think it is physical interaction sport just in a different way, hitting the bejesus out of the little white pill. As for regularity of practice just from my personal experiance, very limited by the way, not many club golfers practice at all. The social golf days I used to play, the same golfers would turn up once a week, hit their 18, have a beer and go home. Very few of them practiced at all and these are in the majority . The only way to have a swing that is repeatable no matter what that swing is, is to repeat it, thousands of times, the body can then recognise what it is doing. No one in my Judo class reached black belt without hundreds of hours regular practice, no one will break 100 on one game a week.

I have broken the 100 barrier.

For nine :)

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I don't think it's good to compare other sports to golf. For one, in golf you have zero interaction physically

with your opponent(s). Also, golf is not an intuitive sport. Relying on a "natural swing" is why 90% of golfers

I agree that each golfer will swing the golf club in their own unique way but that does not mean that the unique

way is what came natural to them at first. Their unique way is their unique way of adapting to what is

So, IMO, when a golfer feels under pressure and reverts back to "something"; that something isn't necessarily

a reversion back to what was natural for them and likely is just reversion back to their most recent swing fault.

I can understand what you are saying and can see your point--- Part of a natural swing whether it is fundamentally correct or not relies on several things in the overall picture.

First off one has to know their limitations especially when we age

You absolutely have to know your game and execute it

You also have to know within your limitations how to plot and plod your way around a course and know there are certain courses for certain horses

Remember a scorecard has no pictures anyhow in relation to score--- Yeah I hit some butt ugly low cut shots with 3 and 4 irons and chase them up the front on long shots. But with the graphite shafted clubs I can elevate those same clubs if need be. I can remember Bear and I were playing one day and I was playing the Hogan 54 Precisions. This one Par 5 I was going to run a 2 iron up the front of the green where I could maybe bump and run for a birdie. I hit this screamer cut about chest high. Bear remarked " That was ugly enough to make Ben Hogan jump from his grave and take that 2 iron from you" yeah I was about 12 feet for a Eagle and made the putt. I told Bear "And then he would have said well done son and give it back to me" Stu golf is ugly and I can somewhat control my cut. The old timers call it knowing how to golf your ball

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

my swing is my swing. Good or bad,i can do it at my age without being in traction after a round,or feeling like

I got hit by a defensive tackle ! I try to keep mine simple and smooth,with acceleration thru the ball,into the finish.

Most of the time it works. When I rush it I dont fret,worry,or get zoned out ,because I know that on the next tee

i will concentrate on a nice smooth swing. I dont hit it far...and I sometimes dont hit it straight. But I can hit it,go

get it and hit it again,without a lot of back pain. Which is why I won't change it,fool with it,mess it up. It is pain free

“Swing Your Swing”

“No! Swing Your Swing”

“Swing Your Swing”

“I Know I Did!”

Arnold Palmer

I use to watch Arnie on TV...and always thought he was trying to rip the ball apart .. Man...his swing looked so strong !

For some reason that was always my philosophy before I ever heard him say it which was more than likely when I was a pup. Still is my philosophy. I actually recorded that commercial and i add to it everytime I hear it--- "You damn sure did and you damn sure done great with it". Go back on U-Tube and look a lot of those greats in the past had homemade golf swings. The main ones that come to mind besides Mr Palmer--- Trevino , Raymond Floyd and even Edmond Darcy. Today not as much so but look at Jim Furyk hey that little funky swing has gotten him numerous wins along with a 58 and a 59. Look at Bubba Watson that is one Homemade swing and he has not done too bad either

I can understand what you are saying and can see your point--- Part of a natural swing whether it is fundamentally correct or not relies on several things in the overall picture.

First off one has to know their limitations especially when we age

You absolutely have to know your game and execute it

You also have to know within your limitations how to plot and plod your way around a course and know there are certain courses for certain horses

Remember a scorecard has no pictures anyhow in relation to score--- Yeah I hit some butt ugly low cut shots with 3 and 4 irons and chase them up the front on long shots. But with the graphite shafted clubs I can elevate those same clubs if need be. I can remember Bear and I were playing one day and I was playing the Hogan 54 Precisions. This one Par 5 I was going to run a 2 iron up the front of the green where I could maybe bump and run for a birdie. I hit this screamer cut about chest high. Bear remarked " That was ugly enough to make Ben Hogan jump from his grave and take that 2 iron from you" yeah I was about 12 feet for a Eagle and made the putt. I told Bear "And then he would have said well done son and give it back to me" Stu golf is ugly and I can somewhat control my cut. The old timers call it knowing how to golf your ball

This is my point Stu, when you play the way your body likes you play better, I know a had a lesson and tried the stuff he insisted would help my game but my body was not happy with what he wanted me to do. My friend had a lesson and the pro said let’s see what we can do with what you have, he did not try to change anything major, just a few little tweaks, worked well.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I ordered my Grille meal, chicken sausages, beetroot salad with spinach, roasted walnuts and feta cheese. Lamb cutlets with feta and snow peas. Lemon wedges. Risoni with a lemon dressing and sour dough bread sticks.

Tammy and Cyndie were perfection for a change and found a good red to go with it. Was going to watch the golf but finished the bottle of wine and fell asleep.

Whoa! I just ate a couple ours ago but seeing that feast made me hungry.

Lamb cutlets with feta? Now ye talkin.

Cheers, grillsters ; )

You guys see this?...

[media=]

[/media]

Yes, was on the local newspaper website the other day. Occurred near Grand Rapids, MI after the mid-week ice storms we had. Interesting phenomena.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

My swing has constantly evolved like bill said. Thru the years I've made changes, heck Tiger has too along, with millions of other golfers who want to progress. But each change for me had one consistent factor. Delivering the clubface to the ball squarely.

Now with my foot drop foot problem and balance issues, my swing is different, and different than yours, but I'm still square at impact which means a lot to me. Same as when you putt, if you're not square, you won't make the putt. It's not rocket science, you can have the prettiest set up, and backstroke and follow thru, and screw it all up by being at an angle at impact, which I think we all know, hey, we're Grillers...

Interesting swing thing discussion. Tend to agree with Conrad in a macro sense. There so many facets to executing a golf swing, one can become lost in the fine points. The most effective swing for an amateur hacker is one that the golfer doesn't have to think about while playing. I become a muddled mess when trying to "think" swing while playing. Why I'm liking Reason's wrist suggestion. Simplicity. More than ready to give it further experimentation outside, at a range, once this blasted winter finally ends. Testing for repeatability and reliability.

Found while looking up other stuff. Fred C. (freddiec) is a regular contributor in Classics and one of the major domo's of persimmon. I admire his swing. Appears to be very free and easy. Of note: Stays on a single plane. Doesn't take a long backswing (actually seems rather abbreviated). Appears to be checking his grip during setup. Easy swing to a chest-to-target finish. Others may parse points that I'm not seeing.

Good swingers make it look so easy and effortless. For me at least, it's a swing that I would like to emulate.

Interesting swing thing discussion. Tend to agree with Conrad in a macro sense. There so many facets to executing a golf swing, one can become lost in the fine points. The most effective swing for an amateur hacker is one that the golfer doesn't have to think about while playing. I become a muddled mess when trying to "think" swing while playing. Why I'm liking Reason's wrist suggestion. Simplicity. More than ready to give it further experimentation outside, at a range, once this blasted winter finally ends. Testing for repeatability and reliability.

Found while looking up other stuff. Fred C. (freddiec) is a regular contributor in Classics and one of the major domo's of persimmon. I admire his swing. Appears to be very free and easy. Of note: Stays on a single plane. Doesn't take a long backswing (actually seems rather abbreviated). Appears to be checking his grip during setup. Easy swing to a chest-to-target finish. Others may parse points that I'm not seeing.

Good swingers make it look so easy and effortless. For me at least, it's a swing that I would like to emulate.

[media=]

[/media]

I like the tempo of freddiec's swing. He is also showing good foot work a la the piece I posted yesterday talking about Jack Nicklaus. I don't feel that his backswing is abbreviated. That's probably about the best we can hope for at our age without pulling ourselves out of posture.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I can't say my swing has evolved over the years. I do know, I had a terrible slice which robbed me of many yards. I was lucky to get 200 yard drives, and even luckier to still be in bounds. I never was much for practice or golf instruction, so I always assumed my slice was normal. I'd get a new or new to me driver, and the slice might go away for a bit. I even foolishly bought an identical second driver, when I thought the first cured the slice. Dumb.

As I've aged, the slice has pretty much gone away. 80% of my drives are straight, down the middle, like I saw old guys do years ago. The slower swing speed equates to straight drives, and in my case, longer drives than ever. Even my sub 200 drives are as far as I hit with the horrible slice.

Where I've seen yardage loss, is in my irons. I never had the slice with irons years ago, and recall 20 years ago, hitting 8 irons around 150. Now, I'm needing 5 irons or will need a 5W in the near future. Out one time this week, with my adjustable iron, hitting from 150, the pin looked a long way off. Can't get there with any adjustable setting.

It never occurred to me that the slice might be corrected, by just slowing the swing down. With my iron play back then, I might have been a much better golfer.

Back then, a few lessons or clinic would have done me a world of good.

"Give a man a fish, and you fed him for the day. Teach him to fish, and you've fed him for a lifetime."

You're right. Good spot. Didn't notice Fred's footwork, but he does have the left heel "lift" that you posted about. Agreed, not an abbreviated back swing for folks such as ourselves. Point was that a shorter BS helps with compactness and efficiency in delivering the club head to the ball. Or something like that.

I can't say my swing has evolved over the years. I do know, I had a terrible slice which robbed me of many yards. I was lucky to get 200 yard drives, and even luckier to still be in bounds. I never was much for practice or golf instruction, so I always assumed my slice was normal. I'd get a new or new to me driver, and the slice might go away for a bit. I even foolishly bought an identical second driver, when I thought the first cured the slice. Dumb.

As I've aged, the slice has pretty much gone away. 80% of my drives are straight, down the middle, like I saw old guys do years ago. The slower swing speed equates to straight drives, and in my case, longer drives than ever. Even my sub 200 drives are as far as I hit with the horrible slice.

Where I've seen yardage loss, is in my irons. I never had the slice with irons years ago, and recall 20 years ago, hitting 8 irons around 150. Now, I'm needing 5 irons or will need a 5W in the near future. Out one time this week, with my adjustable iron, hitting from 150, the pin looked a long way off. Can't get there with any adjustable setting.

It never occurred to me that the slice might be corrected, by just slowing the swing down. With my iron play back then, I might have been a much better golfer.

Back then, a few lessons or clinic would have done me a world of good.

"Give a man a fish, and you fed him for the day. Teach him to fish, and you've fed him for a lifetime."

As I have commented on here several tines, my bad slice was cured by moving my right hand round to nearer the top of the shaft, by holding my right hand open my grip was allowing the club face to move. Never had a slice with my irons.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

You're right. Good spot. Didn't notice Fred's footwork, but he does have the left heel "lift" that you posted about. Agreed, not an abbreviated back swing for folks such as ourselves. Point was that a shorter BS helps with compactness and efficiency in delivering the club head to the ball. Or something like that.

Absolutely no idea about my back swing, only had a vido when in the practice net at home once, not a pretty sight.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Agreed. Another thing that I like is freddiec's posture. He isn't nearly as bent over as some of the amateurs that I've seen at Pebble Beach this week, so that's a big plus for the back. His swing plane is fairly flat and as such he has a tendency to have to go down and get the ball which I can definitely related to. For myself, I'd like to be a little more vertical with less side bend on contact. freddiec is pretty good in this regard on 4 of the 5 shots. Maybe a reflection of the clubs he is playing as Mizunos tend to be flat and more traditional in length than more current SGI type designs.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Same for me, shorter backswing, slower, but with more of a turn. Taking the time to turn more for me is the key to hitting it straight. I also try to keep in mind to save the thrust of the energy of the swing a bit later than I used to avoid casting or getting ahead of myself and using up whatever power might be in the swing too early so it will be there at impact and not on the downswing. That has helped a lot. Patience.

Happy to have stirred the pot, lol. I agree with swing your swing. I don't see the golf swing

as a natural thing. If you have to do something 1,000 or 10,000 times to make it repeatable

then whatever you are trying to do is not natural for you. Golf is hard.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Calling on Reasy!

Here's a look into the footwork used by some of the greats of the past contrasting it to what is taught today. http://www.golfwrx.com/532898/the-magic-of-the-left-heel/

Tuned in to the Grille this morn to find heavy sharing about swings.

Slobbering. Drool pouring from the chops like a starving hound watching his food bowl get filled. Wearing a thousand-mile stare. Wife thinks I may be suffering a stroke as she runs for the BP cuff.

Will read and reread carefully for a bit with a spit towel handy. Need to step away to regain composure. Will come back later when the palpitations subside.

Breathing into a paper bag.

:)

“Swing Your Swing”

“No! Swing Your Swing”

“Swing Your Swing”

“I Know I Did!”

Arnold Palmer

Calling on Reasy!

Here's a look into the footwork used by some of the greats of the past contrasting it to what is taught today. http://www.golfwrx.com/532898/the-magic-of-the-left-heel/

Tuned in to the Grille this morn to find heavy sharing about swings.

Slobbering. Drool pouring from the chops like a starving hound watching his food bowl get filled. Wearing a thousand-mile stare. Wife thinks I may be suffering a stroke as she runs for the BP cuff.

Will read and reread carefully for a bit with a spit towel handy. Need to step away to regain composure. Will come back later when the palpitations subside.

Breathing into a paper bag.

:)

Calm down, take a deep breath, have a glass or three then start again. All will be revealed with patience.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

“Swing Your Swing”

“No! Swing Your Swing”

“Swing Your Swing”

“I Know I Did!”

Arnold Palmer

Brilliant musician, brilliant song, my type of music.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Happy to have stirred the pot, lol. I agree with swing your swing. I don't see the golf swing

as a natural thing. If you have to do something 1,000 or 10,000 times to make it repeatable

Absolutely requires practice to make it repeatable as with every sporting endeavour, this does not however mean the natural body movement will not be the one used. I will concede we can adjust some portion of movements but only if they are within the individuals boundary.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

There are a handful (IMO) of commonalities shared by consistently good ball strikers. And most of them are effects - not causes. (Big difference!) The causes are in a word - the fundamentals. Fundamentals give us the order of operations or foundation to perform everything we do in life. We can build success on success. We can prioritize what to work on.

But we all know there exists zero universally agreed to fundamentals in golf. Instead, we get bombarded by an endless fountain of terms spoken in absolutes.

*. It's critically important to...

*. You MUST...

*. Always do this

*. Never do that

I can also give credit where credit is due.

It's a great thing Iron Byron exists. Cool machine. Swings a golf club the same way every time. Now all shafts, clubs, CBs, blades, balls, yadda can at least be tested on the same equipment in the same lab. And depending on how much marketing spin gets put on the data, we at least stand a chance to learn a little more about the equipment itself. Likewise I easily conceded that terms like "power accumulator" have been thought up, even though that's a pretentious way of saying "oily wrists". But at least someone took a stab at helping us get right straight at one of the basic fundamentals.

So where would foot work play into all this?

I'm not Iron Byron. It is mounted to a heavy metal foundation. A fixed center spindle drives a single mechanical arm. Last time I checked I stand on two legs. I don't have a center spindle growing out of my chest. That chest TURNS rather than being fixed. Pretty sure I have two arms in play, but I could be wrong.

The term "pivot" is yet another messy bit of swing jargon. "Hip turn", "proper sequencing", "swing from the ground up", and "pivot" are all prime examples of how messy and conceptual things get. And the dirty little secret is, it doesn't have to be so messy.

All that needs to happen (IMHO) is to agree or disagree with what I'll share next about the lower body. Standby for that rant.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

So here comes the gospel about lower body action according to the ever fallible Reverend Reason. And if you'll ride along with me here, you'll see it's NOT that complicated and messy. Does it require "some" conscious thought until it's such a habit you don't even think about it? Yes! Is it messy and hard to understand? NO!

Because we move our hands and arms back over the trail shoulder, the hips have two ways of helping that happen. Either A) they sway, or, B) they turn. There is the deadly option C) where the hips don't help out at all by remaiing locked up and restricted. (Scottee predicted accurately where I stand on option C. It will destroy your lower back - eventually.).

So "C" is bad for you. Any a big proponent of A (sway)? Have my doubts too many are fans of it due to the lack of consistency that goes with it. (Just keep in mind some folks do in fact sway a little while also turning and can play very well). But make no mistake about it, better ball strikers all turn the hips going back even if they happen to sway a bit getting it done.

Here's the really cool part. You don't actually or consciously do anything complicated going back to do it well. It's way easier (not harder) to do it it right. All better ball strikers do it. It's better for your back. You'll find it easier to finish your back swing. AND, I'll show you how you'll know you can, too.

A). Stand in a golf posture without a club. Hands in your front pants pockets. Set up with your trail side knee (right side for a right handed) just to the target side of the instep of the foot right under that knee. Widen your stance a smidge if need be to keep your knee from living vertically up over the foot.

B). In this golf posture, your knees were slightly bent. Now with hands in pockets, start your shoulder turn. Let your slightly bent trail side knee work BACK toward an imaginary wall behind you, rather than laterally. We're talking just a bit but enough to know "some" motion happened in response to your shoulder turn.

C). LET your hips just turn in response to your shoulder tourn. You don't even have to think about moving the hips. They'll do whatever they want and exactly what they should do all on their own. All you did was use your setup and slight knee action allow them to turn.

Now - lifting the front foot heel? Reason says yes and no.

If you did NOT use your trail knee as just suggested, then you either locked down (fixed/restricted) your hips... OR.... you're fixing/locking your trail hip and making up for it by thrusting your LEAD knee straight out in front of you. In this case the hips aren't truly turning as much as the lead leg/hip are flying toward the ball. And THAT is step one toward "goat humping" cause it's hard to start back down once your belt buckle is already driving toward the ball more so than rotating.

In the exercise above with hands in pockets, you ROTATED. You LET it happen. And because your trail hip moved back a bit, your LEAD knee would naturally drift a bit more toward your trail foot versus straight out in front of you. Now, you stay in posture better until the ball is long gone. There's room down in front of you to release it.

So in my puny world, the lead heel might lift "some" - but not in response to a locked-down trail hip and therefore not because the lead knee is poking straight out toward the ball. That heel would lift a much or little as needed to support exactly what took place in the exercise above.

From here and at the top, the hips can make a minuscule little motion to begin opening up.... just enough to start the flow of the arms back down. And halfway down those oily wrists get to fly. The lead hip isn't all by itself the only one flying outward going back, making it easier for it to open up in the through swing. All this thanks to simple knee work.

Can we play golf lifting the lead heel quite a bit? Did Nicklaus do so? Sure. Jack did lots of things that went with it. Flying right elbow, fair amount of reverse C in his spine, fairly steep backswing plane, to name a few. And he mastered them all like no other. Me? I' don't have the spine for those moves.

But I know that as goes the knees - so goes the hips. The feet will follow along too.

So much for "ground-up" swings, ""sequencing", "pivot".... one stupid drill and we're doing what better ball strikers do with half the wear and tear on the back.

Lmao!

Very entertaining. Skin the cat by any/all means. Funny thing is he does this during full swings and even putting. Not so much when pitching and chipping. No clue why.

Hi guys,

Good to see some of you are keeping this random discussion/golf thread rolling. I hope you all are playing well and in good health. Been able to play 18 twice this year at a course just across the river in Illinois. Shot +12 both rounds, which is where I finished the season at handicap wise.

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down

Sure good to hear from you! Don't be a stranger, Bic. Hoping all is well.

[media=]

[/media]

I like the tempo of freddiec's swing. He is also showing good foot work a la the piece I posted yesterday talking about Jack Nicklaus. I don't feel that his backswing is abbreviated. That's probably about the best we can hope for at our age without pulling ourselves out of posture.

Yep Freddie has great footwork-- Now as far as me I have what they call now "Happy Feet" my feet are all over the place. My old man and the old timers called it "shuffelling" or dancing. I have always had a balance problem especially when I was younger and had a long backswing and swung hard. Back in the day my swing was hard and violent plus I had the rerouting loop thing going on too. I have lost the loop due to the fact I do not pull it back as far but it is still somewhat violent especially since I have discovered light graphite shafts in irons. I still have that foot shuffle thing going on too. With graphite I can go at it a little harder without fear of hurting myself

My old man was also an athletic trainer had a degree in that too. He always stated that the golf swing in general was the most unnatural thing one could do to a human body. That was about the time when the reverse c finish was in vogue. He explained to me why to never do it. He also predicted correctly that when I got older my violent golf swing was going to cause problems in my back. I think my back problems are a combo of my life in general between driving old hard spring trucks, racing and wrecking dirt track cars and riding hard tailed Harleys. I think the last part really did me in. I rode hard tails up until I was 56 or 57 years old. I never did the "geezer glide" thing even though my last Harley ( 1976 Electra Glide) did have shocks on it and was not a true hardtail but still rode rough compared to the geezer glides now days.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)