2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

It's hard to imagine how big the Great Lakes and the USA/Canada is. I haven't seen much of the USA, have only seen Lake Erie a few times. I read an Internet article the other day regarding an American lady who went to live in England with her husband. She missed the USA for various reasons. She made comment that by car, one could travel from the tip of Scotland to the Channel in 15 hours. 15 hours in the USA would get me from Pittsburgh to SC or north Georgia.

Years ago, I got this bright idea about a vacation to the Greenbrier in West Virginia. WV/PA border is less than 10 miles away from my house. Never giving it a thought, looked on a map, and was stunned to see the resort is a 6-7 hour drive. Never did go. Thought it was a couple hours away, like Erie.

The USA is just too big.

Ha ha you think that is big try driving across Texas on I-20. It is over 600 miles Rad can back me up on that one. But if you think that is something try Anchorage Alaska to Fairbanks Alaska that is over 600 miles too. If you look at a Rand McNally atlas at Alaska you will think it ain't that far but look again at the mileage scale. Pennsylvania , North Carolina and New York are also long states West to East. Going into North Carolina on US 64 out of Ducktown Tennessee there is a sign that says Murphy (NC) 55 miles Manteo (NC) 645 miles

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Guess everything has it's own dynamic. Periods of exceptional interest. You guys have really been blowing me away lately. Just simply high quality sharing going on around here. Well played my friends.

Super bowl prediction. Seems on the surface N England likes the drama of late game surges. It's almost as though they inherently "need" to go ballistic later in the game to feel motivated/inspired. My bet is whatever we think is or isn't going on halfway through the 4th quarter, that need they seem to have will probably unfold - yet again. For better or worse it's a sword they live and die by. So I don't envision a blow-out. Doesn't feed their appetite.

Enjoy guys!

LOL as usual I did not know squat about the Super Bowl. Honesty no joke--- Had someone ask me at the bag drop yesterday-- I told him I was not trying to be a smartarse but I did not even know who was playing--- He looked at me like I had Lobsters growing out of my ears and quickly turned away--- Hey whatever floats someone's boat---- My neighbor Lord Bless him came out to the shop a few minutes ago while I was bending up a putter for a friend at my club. He is a big Patriots fan and they were having a Super Bowl party somewhere and bless his heart he invited us. I asked when it started and he said around 6:00 or so. Hell Fire I will be in bed by then because i will be back up for work at 02:30 or so my wife will already be at work.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

It's hard to imagine how big the Great Lakes and the USA/Canada is. I haven't seen much of the USA, have only seen Lake Erie a few times. I read an Internet article the other day regarding an American lady who went to live in England with her husband. She missed the USA for various reasons. She made comment that by car, one could travel from the tip of Scotland to the Channel in 15 hours. 15 hours in the USA would get me from Pittsburgh to SC or north Georgia.

Years ago, I got this bright idea about a vacation to the Greenbrier in West Virginia. WV/PA border is less than 10 miles away from my house. Never giving it a thought, looked on a map, and was stunned to see the resort is a 6-7 hour drive. Never did go. Thought it was a couple hours away, like Erie.

The USA is just too big.

Ha ha you think that is big try driving across Texas on I-20. It is over 600 miles Rad can back me up on that one. But if you think that is something try Anchorage Alaska to Fairbanks Alaska that is over 600 miles too. If you look at a Rand McNally atlas at Alaska you will think it ain't that far but look again at the mileage scale. Pennsylvania , North Carolina and New York are also long states West to East. Going into North Carolina on US 64 out of Ducktown Tennessee there is a sign that says Murphy (NC) 55 miles Manteo (NC) 645 miles

822 miles across Texas on I-10/I-20; Around 880 miles across on I-10. These from the memory

banks. Don't have to look that stuff up, lol.

California is over 800 miles from top to bottom on I-5.

Alaska is a monster. Have to find a map that shows the proper scale compared to the lower

48 to get a sense of how big it is. I know nothing about the mileages up there. Would have to

look them up but don't feel the want to do it.

Fell, those are some awesome pics of those shoreline caves in Michigan. Thanks for posting

those up for us to see!

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

The USA is just too big.

822 miles across Texas on I-10/I-20; Around 880 miles across on I-10. These from the memory

Alaska is a monster. Have to find a map that shows the proper scale compared to the lower

48 to get a sense of how big it is. I know nothing about the mileages up there. Would have to

Fell, those are some awesome pics of those shoreline caves in Michigan. Thanks for posting

those up for us to see!

Rad, you and Stu are King of the miles. We did a pretty good stretch from Phoenix to Twin Falls Id. on the way home from our vacay in Oct. 695 miles. A long day!

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

The USA is just too big.

those up for us to see!

Rad, you and Stu are King of the miles. We did a pretty good stretch from Phoenix to Twin Falls Id. on the way home from our vacay in Oct. 695 miles. A long day!

That IS a long day, especially considering the route you have to take to make that one. I usually

drove 600-700 miles a day but that is on the interstates mostly..........though I was also governed

at 68mph..........except downhill, lol.

SLED Gemini

The USA is just too big.

those up for us to see!

That IS a long day, especially considering the route you have to take to make that one. I usually

drove 600-700 miles a day but that is on the interstates mostly..........though I was also governed

at 68mph..........except downhill, lol.

Yes almost all on the 2 lane. We hit bad road construction in Las Vegas and had an hour wait for a bad accident North of LV so that made it a longer day than it should have been. On vacation with no work pressure I don't mind it at all but headed home I tend to go like a barn sour horse :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

The USA is just too big.

those up for us to see!

Drove through west Texas once. That was enough. Hmmmm, brings to mind a tune:

[media=]

[/media]

Stopped for gas and something to eat around Midland. They figured out I wasn't from Texas.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Wow! I am exhausted watching Rickie Fowler. They played the post round interview where he broke down talking about letting his family and granddad down in that previous loss. I was afraid we might be seeing that again. He must be gassed. Good on him!

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Interesting photos there Fella. Somewhat reminiscent of the caves at Tobermory on Georgian Bay. I've been east and I've been west, but there's still a lot of this country I haven't seen including Lake Superior. I took the train out west -- well, Winnipeg more correctly -- when I was a teenager and it sort of skirted along the Lake, but it wasn't really within viewing distance as we were nestled in the bush for the most part. I remember thinking that after two days of rocks and lakes and trees it was nice to see something else which was simply a vast expanse of flat prairie. If anything that trip was memorable for what we endured more so than anything we saw. There's a lot to be said for third class travel on a train, none of which was particularly complementary... A Greyhound would have been an upgrade!

Use to think taking the full circle tour of Lake Superior would be an adventurous road trip. Starting at the Soo, and ending back at same, would be ~1200 miles. Now, not so sure. I've driven up ON Hwy 17 a little past Batchawana Bay before (fishing excursion). It's a combination of fantastic lakeshore vistas with mind numbingly boring stretches driving through pine forests. Don't believe I could convince the Mrs. that it would be a "fun" trip. Especially if I showed her the route on a map. (Do millennial's even know how to read a map? I digress.) She squawks when we've driven through the U.P. "woods" for 45 minutes or so, on our way to a destination.

I have a tendency to agree with your DW, long car journeys have never been my thing.we have neighbours that drive 2,000ks three times a year to a property they own in North Queensland, they drive non stop taking it in turns to sleep and drive, not my thing.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

There once was a time i thought that I would like to winter in Florida, but that is becoming rapidly out of reach as I just couldn't manage the drive anymore. A couple of hours in a car and I'm done! It's worse if i have to drive. The cross country flights I can handle, anything up to maybe five hours, but I'm going to be a pain in the arse for flight attendants as I have to get up and move around every hour or so. I'm glad we got the overseas stuff out of the way. I wouldn't mind going back for a trip to Spain and Portugal, but that will wait until DW is retired and hopefully by then I will have a better handle on my condition.

We had dinner last night with our cruising friends. They got a deal on a short notice sailing the first of last month on the new ship, the Nieuw Statendam. They said that they saw a few folks that they remember from past cruises. One lady they spoke with said that she spends 3 months onboard in the winter. She must get a special deal and probably an interior room, but it might not be a bad way to go. I know that she's not alone in cruising for extended periods as we seem to meet at least one couple that does it each time we go.

I like holidays away but sometimes they are too difficult. When we first met DW and I went on a so called 10 day luxury cruise, weeks before we departed a cut price cruise company went bankrupt and touted round or other companies to honour their commitments, unfortunately our cruise was left with a good number of them and what was supposed to be a quiet experiance ended up with a group of around 50 bogans completely spoiling it for all the other passengers. All they wanted to do was drink, gamble and fight each other. Never ever wanted to cruise again.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Lewiston Idaho/Clarkston Washington is the farthest inland seaport West of the Mississippi. Barges travel up the Columbia and Snake Rivers carrying grain, wood products, chemicals and fuel. There are also several river cruise companies that come up the river. They then take day trips by jet boat up into Hells Canyon for site seeing and fishing.

The locks are open to private boating and I have taken my old 20 ft. SeaRay through the lock several times. The first time a Boy Scout troop was also locking down river in canoes along with a small chase boat with the Scout leaders. The drop is 100 ft. The engineering of these locks and dams is amazing.

Sadly there are many working to have the Snake River dams breached to “ save the Salmon”. The cost would be many times the cost of the construction and devastate the economy of our towns not to mention the loss of the clean hydro power electricity. The Steelhead and Salmon fishing business is thriving with the usual ups and downs in how the runs occur year to year.

I think it was in the UK a dam was costucted that prevented spawning salmon going upstream so the installed a side chute giving them access to the upper reaches, worked well and everyone was happy.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Guess everything has it's own dynamic. Periods of exceptional interest. You guys have really been blowing me away lately. Just simply high quality sharing going on around here. Well played my friends.

Super bowl prediction. Seems on the surface N England likes the drama of late game surges. It's almost as though they inherently "need" to go ballistic later in the game to feel motivated/inspired. My bet is whatever we think is or isn't going on halfway through the 4th quarter, that need they seem to have will probably unfold - yet again. For better or worse it's a sword they live and die by. So I don't envision a blow-out. Doesn't feed their appetite.

Enjoy guys!

LOL as usual I did not know squat about the Super Bowl. Honesty no joke--- Had someone ask me at the bag drop yesterday-- I told him I was not trying to be a smartarse but I did not even know who was playing--- He looked at me like I had Lobsters growing out of my ears and quickly turned away--- Hey whatever floats someone's boat---- My neighbor Lord Bless him came out to the shop a few minutes ago while I was bending up a putter for a friend at my club. He is a big Patriots fan and they were having a Super Bowl party somewhere and bless his heart he invited us. I asked when it started and he said around 6:00 or so. Hell Fire I will be in bed by then because i will be back up for work at 02:30 or so my wife will already be at work.

I have a similar reaction when mates talk about cricket, soccer and rugby. These now do not interest me in any way, too many other things going on.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Lewiston Idaho/Clarkston Washington is the farthest inland seaport West of the Mississippi. Barges travel up the Columbia and Snake Rivers carrying grain, wood products, chemicals and fuel. There are also several river cruise companies that come up the river. They then take day trips by jet boat up into Hells Canyon for site seeing and fishing.

The locks are open to private boating and I have taken my old 20 ft. SeaRay through the lock several times. The first time a Boy Scout troop was also locking down river in canoes along with a small chase boat with the Scout leaders. The drop is 100 ft. The engineering of these locks and dams is amazing.

Sadly there are many working to have the Snake River dams breached to “ save the Salmon”. The cost would be many times the cost of the construction and devastate the economy of our towns not to mention the loss of the clean hydro power electricity. The Steelhead and Salmon fishing business is thriving with the usual ups and downs in how the runs occur year to year.

I think it was in the UK a dam was costucted that prevented spawning salmon going upstream so the installed a side chute giving them access to the upper reaches, worked well and everyone was happy.

You are right Tol. All of the Columbia and Snake River dams have fish ladders. They spend millions on managing the fish hatcheries and spill water in summer to help the smolt get to the ocean. That just isn't enough for some. The Columbia dams are vital to control the flooding that would destroy much of Portland. The Snake river dams are not needed so much for flood control thus the call for breaching. I say if they want them out, take them all and see how they like it. End rant :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Was there any major political impact when they removed the dam, surely many would not have been happy.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Was there any major political impact when they removed the dam, surely many would not have been happy.

So far all of the dams are still in place and operating. In 1992 they did a trial drawdown of the water behind Lower Granite Dam which was a disaster. Some of the roadways collapsed and it was a smelly muddy mess and killed a lot of fish. They refilled the reservoir and it is back to normal now but there are always people and judges working for their removal.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

So far all of the dams are still in place and operating. In 1992 they did a trial drawdown of the water behind Lower Granite Dam which was a disaster. Some of the roadways collapsed and it was a smelly muddy mess and killed a lot of fish. They refilled the reservoir and it is back to normal now but there are always people and judges working for their removal.

I suppose dams are required in some areas with the population explosion and need for continuous supply but having seen the damage that some dams do to the rest of the wildlife etc there has to be some other way.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Sadly there are many working to have the Snake River dams breached to " save the Salmon". The cost would be many times the cost of the construction and devastate the economy of our towns not to mention the loss of the clean hydro power electricity. The Steelhead and Salmon fishing business is thriving with the usual ups and downs in how the runs occur year to year.

I suppose dams are required in some areas with the population explosion and need for continuous supply but having seen the damage that some dams do to the rest of the wildlife etc there has to be some other way.

Yup, there's another way. Don't live in those areas. In fact, why don't we turn the clocks back 200 years and all live near the coast if we want conveniences of city life otherwise we can pioneer in the interior. I'll just bet that there will be masses of people signing up for that!

Further evidence that there are a lot of people with too much time on their hands in need of a cause to follow...

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Wow! I am exhausted watching Rickie Fowler. They played the post round interview where he broke down talking about letting his family and granddad down in that previous loss. I was afraid we might be seeing that again. He must be gassed. Good on him!

I don't mind the kid, honestly. I always thought he was a sort of memorably personality going back to the days of the Golf Boys. But, my first reaction watching him go after a drive was that he was a back surgery just waiting to happen with such a violent swing! Do we really need to drive the ball 340 yards on a 400 yard hole only to leave oneself with an awkward yardage coming in?

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Scotee. Found your reporting of the dam controversy interesting. Headed off to find additional reading on the subject. Read through this Seattle Times article on the topic to provide an overview of what has been taking place. Plus, some of the comments posted. Setting aside any political agenda biases one may have towards the ST. Apparently the "Save the Salmon" crowd has become aligned with the "Save the Whales (Orcas)" crowd. In controversies like this, solutions are always not that simple. Decisions one way or another have consequences. The easy solution is to breach the dams. Without full knowledge of so doing would create a significant increase in the populations.

Apparently, theres a tempest pot of conflicting agendas at play. Environmental, ecological, Native American, economic, legal, political. The BPA continuing to advocate for maintaining the current hydro-electric infrastructure, but producing electricity at a rate higher than what can be purchased on the wholesale market. My take is agriculture along the Snake would be the sector most impacted by dam removal. Loss of irrigation capabilities and transportation of grain to port.

There was a comment by a Idahoan that spelled out some of the greater issues affecting salmon smolts ability to return to the PO. Namely, predation by birds (cormorants), sea lions, etc. I'm aware of a cormorant over-population essentially wiping out a fishery here in Michigan, until the population was brought under control and significantly reduced. Plus, a comment was made about pollution in Puget Sound wreaking havoc with the eco-system. (Recognizing the Columbia is further south.) Insufficient number of smolts returning to the sea, for a variety of reasons, that may not be solely attributable to the Snakes's dam structures in place.

Fish ladders, at least here Michigan, have been installed on most of the main salmon and steelhead migration rivers Plus active fish hatchery supplementing the stock. Still, with all the management tools, the Great Lakes salmon population is still cyclical. Chinook weight and size has been in decline on Lake Michigan, the fishery has all but disappearing in Lake Huron. For reasons the biologists cannot pin down with exactitude. The brood stock came from Washington state btw, 50+ years ago.

In entirety, a much larger controversy than your initial postings on the matter seemed to indicate. My take from afar.

Didn't take long for a thread to go up last night declaring the Super Bore the worst Super Bowl of all time. The trick to making these things more watchable is to fall alseep in a recliner for the first 3 quarters of the game and then wake up when it gets interesting. That's my MO and it worked out like a charm last night as I managed to see all the scoring plays while only having to watch about 15 minutes worth of live football. I thought it was a pretty compelling final quarter with the inevitable drive coming on the heels of NE having their backs against the wall. When they ripped off that first big running play you just knew that it was a matter of when, not if and the game would be all but over.

NE may not have been a popular winner, but there's absolutely nothing remarkable about their opponent either. Probably a result of the wrong team advancing and being forced to create a storyline where none existed. Regardless, my niece is happy about the result and that's really all that matters to me! :yes:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Enjoy guys!

Same with me, Stu.

Missus watched the National Anthem with Gladys Knight. I saw some idiot players who didn't have their hands on their heart during the song. Then, she shut off the TV. We watched a Columbo rerun later.

Forty years ago, the guys at the steel mill called me a Communist because I didn't watch football. I've probably related this before, but before I was drafted, Dad and I would buy car stuff from a local parts store. They had the usual bulletin board, with cars and such for sale. I recall a brown, faded newspaper clipping regarding the Communist threat. The article stated the Communists did not have to invade the USA or commit any act of war. All that was necessary was to get people more concerned about sex and sports than freedom.

I think that has been accomplished.

Didn't take long for a thread to go up last night declaring the Super Bore the worst Super Bowl of all time. The trick to making these things more watchable is to fall alseep in a recliner for the first 3 quarters of the game and then wake up when it gets interesting. That's my MO and it worked out like a charm last night as I managed to see all the scoring plays while only having to watch about 15 minutes worth of live football. I thought it was a pretty compelling final quarter with the inevitable drive coming on the heels of NE having their backs against the wall. When they ripped off that first big running play you just knew that it was a matter of when, not if and the game would be all but over.

NE may not have been a popular winner, but there's absolutely nothing remarkable about their opponent either. Probably a result of the wrong team advancing and being forced to create a storyline where none existed. Regardless, my niece is happy about the result and that's really all that matters to me! :yes:

Fell asleep at some point after the first field goal and before halftime. Didn't find the game all that compelling to watch. Woke up in the middle of the night to turn off the TV not knowing who had won. Read and viewed some of the highlights this a.m. All that was needed. Thus, skipping the evidently lame halftime show and most all of the stupid commercials.

Since 6 & 2 didn't come in, guess I'll be playing the current D for the season. Those that had 3 & 3 are happy campers today. Double dipping.

Scotee. Found your reporting of the dam controversy interesting. Headed off to find additional reading on the subject. Read through this Seattle Times article on the topic to provide an overview of what has been taking place. Plus, some of the comments posted. Setting aside any political agenda biases one may have towards the ST. Apparently the "Save the Salmon" crowd has become aligned with the "Save the Whales (Orcas)" crowd. In controversies like this, solutions are always not that simple. Decisions one way or another have consequences. The easy solution is to breach the dams. Without full knowledge of so doing would create a significant increase in the populations.

Apparently, theres a tempest pot of conflicting agendas at play. Environmental, ecological, Native American, economic, legal, political. The BPA continuing to advocate for maintaining the current hydro-electric infrastructure, but producing electricity at a rate higher than what can be purchased on the wholesale market. My take is agriculture along the Snake would be the sector most impacted by dam removal. Loss of irrigation capabilities and transportation of grain to port.

There was a comment by a Idahoan that spelled out some of the greater issues affecting salmon smolts ability to return to the PO. Namely, predation by birds (cormorants), sea lions, etc. I'm aware of a cormorant over-population essentially wiping out a fishery here in Michigan, until the population was brought under control and significantly reduced. Plus, a comment was made about pollution in Puget Sound wreaking havoc with the eco-system. (Recognizing the Columbia is further south.) Insufficient number of smolts returning to the sea, for a variety of reasons, that may not be solely attributable to the Snakes's dam structures in place.

Fish ladders, at least here Michigan, have been installed on most of the main salmon and steelhead migration rivers Plus active fish hatchery supplementing the stock. Still, with all the management tools, the Great Lakes salmon population is still cyclical. Chinook weight and size has been in decline on Lake Michigan, the fishery has all but disappearing in Lake Huron. For reasons the biologists cannot pin down with exactitude. The brood stock came from Washington state btw, 50+ years ago.

In entirety, a much larger controversy than your initial postings on the matter seemed to indicate. My take from afar.

Very interesting article and they give a compelling argument for the removal of the dams, be interesting to see who wins this one. We have similar discussions about the production of electricity in Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Just finished an article about a man in India that is taking legal action against his parents for having him without his permission. You really could not make this stuff up.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Just finished an article about a man in India that is taking legal action against his parents for having him without his permission. You really could not make this stuff up.

Wait, what? Couldn't they just say 'you just don't remember because when we conceived you, you were just as drunk as we were'?

Wait, what? Couldn't they just say 'you just don't remember because when we conceived you, you were just as drunk as we were'?

You should join the legal profession, plenty of pocket money to be made.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I'm currently feeling like I live in Calgary and am experiencing the Chinook winds as we have gone from -24°C on Thursday am to +15°C early this afternoon! That's about a 70° swing in the matter of 4 days if you want to measure it in Fahrenheit! WE were talking to the kids yesterday and they now have the frigid temps in BC with it being -15°C there. My son said that it's pretty cold because he's in the middle of pruning and they've only got about 10 of 47 acres completed with a crew of three. More help coming next month when the migrant workers arrive.

-----------------------------------

More toys arrived this afternoon with the post. I had made mention that I ordered a club finished in PVD on a previous posting, but didn't provide any further details. Just in case there was any doubt as to my intent to go full geezer/hacker mode in an attempt to get back out there this coming season, I have acquired at NOS Cleveland Smart Sole 2.0 chipper. My wife has one of these and it's probably the best money I've ever spent on equipment for her sake. She had no short game and now she can at least get it on the green with regularity. I've even used it myself left handed with some success. Several of the guys in my men's league use one (or something similar and swear by it), so I thought it was worth a shot as I don't see me doing much in the way of practice. If nothing else, I can work on chipping and putting. This will need to be extended too from it's OTR 34" length to 35.5"-36" and I will counterbalance this shaft as well with the 20 gm Tour Lock I have on hand. Judging by the step pattern I would assume that I'm dealing with something other than the S200 shafts in my Vokeys. FWIW the shaft has an identical step pattern to an older TM Zip wedge I have.

I rolled a few along the carpet with this into a practice cup and it truly is as easy as putting -- same grip, same stroke -- and the ball just kinda pops up and then rolls straight at the cup. Appears to be more or less idiot proof at first blush.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

pl

SLED Gemini

pl

plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop

Leaking tap.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Yeah sorry if I opened up a can of worms. It is a complex issue. I moved up here from Calif. shortly after the last dam was finished. At the time I understand that there was local opposition to the dams but after they were finished and the Army Corps of Engineers put in the camp grounds and bike/walking trails etc. the changes were largely accepted. I might have been against the dams if I had lived here then. There was another dam planned above Asotin Wa. 5 or 10 miles upstream from Clarkston. That would have backed up the wild and scenic Hells Canyon and been a big mistake.

We now have the benefits of both with the navigation to Lewiston and the free flowing rapids and natural sand beaches of the river just to the South. We also have the free flowing Clear Water River to the East that joins the Snake at the confluence between Lewiston Id. and Clarkston Wa.

I have friends on both sides of the controversy and see both sides but living in a small agricultural town I have to side with leaving them in place. We could argue that all this progress is bad but where do you draw the line. We can’t and shouldn’t go back to how it was 200 years ago.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)