2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

OK, this is effing ridiculous! -35°C+ with the wind chill! It's bloody cold in the house! We're as far below freezing as a 90°F day is above!!!!!!!!!!!!! :swoon:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

-5 degrees and the schools are closed again. Yesterday was a pretty day, sunny, but blustery. January has been a real zero month for me. Except for a couple days of golf early, the high points of January was the two week flu and a chiropractic appointment.

Last Saturday, the Club's annual meeting. My 85 year old pal insisted on picking me up and driving. Anyhow, 16 shareholders and 5 board members attended. Place was freezing, and absolutely no refreshments. President gave the pep talk how he's got a few leagues lined up, blah, blah, blah. I gave the financial report. Nothing to really report, no money. One guy asked me why the insurance expense was much less in 2017 than 2018. Off the top of my head, I just answered that probably a couple invoices were paid late in 2018.

Thinking about it, we changed insurance companies in 2017. I submitted an audit report, outlining actual wage and sale's information for 2016-2017. Resulted in several thousands in insurance premium refund. Accounted for some of the reduced expense. The Club should have never changed company, but someone profited on the switch.

I explained above to a guy who asked me privately later about it. He then asked why the refund wasn't listed as revenue. Because it was not revenue, just a reduction in expense.

Worry about a couple thousand difference in insurance expense, when revenue dropped $30K from 2017. The ship has sunk in the middle of the ocean.

Hope February is better weather.

Y'all are just too cool. Y'all be chillin'.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Fella, thanks for the well wishes. Warmer weather is coming. Agree with the maintenance of oiliness.

I also take MSM, fish oil and extra D3. Have never tried the Glucosamine/Chondroitin regimen but have

heard it helps. A friend told me it takes about a month for a positive difference to be felt and one has to

be consistent and keep up the regimen or the benefits will go away.

I don't have widespread joint issues; just a few spots where old injuries have led to arthritis; left shoulder

and left knee mostly but those don't affect my golf much. My biggest issue is lower back and hips really

hurting at times but I am convinced those are the result of the 40 bag of salt someone strapped around

my waist. Time to get that weight off and relieve the stress on the frame in those areas. For some reason

when I gain/lose weight it's mostly from the waist up and my legs stay about the same.

SLED Gemini

pl

Plum cold...or is it plumb cold?

No, its plucking cold. :D

Bad time to stick your tongue on the pump handle.

Wonder if Ron Obvious ate the cathedral during warmer weather? He probably checked in with Bicycle Repairman first. Wink, wink, nudge nudge.

I think people who stand in water should be shot and my pet bird isn't dead, he's sleeping.

Can anyone remotely explain what gives rise to a craze that sweeps the land? Monty Python; Pet rocks; Clackers; Super ball; Slinky....

In current times, are such crazes the province of viral videos, to the exclusion of something you go buy? What if anything by way of a tangible product (other than electronics such as a smart phone, high def TV, or computers and such) represents today's craze? Is there any form of basically useless "thing" folks are hoarding?

Is the day of such massive crazes over???? I dunno. Is it just me or is it about free range, organic, bottled water whilst surfing for a viral video? It's entirely possible crazes are still out there in full bloom and this brain is locked up for the moment and can't think of any.

Gents?

I can't think of any crazes these days but I confess to being out of it. The last crazes I

remember have to do with shoes, Nike shoes......whatever you call them...probably

basketball shoes of a certain design and color. I have this memory of seeing this on

the news; the shoes were in short supply in the final days before Christmas and much

bonkerness was going on as people grew desperate to find a pair.....and some were

selling them for an inflated price.....which, of course, caught the attention of the media;

or rather, the media themselves were involved in the desperate search because they

had kids that had been promised them by Santa....and Santa was running out of them.

SLED Gemini

I can't think of any crazes these days but I confess to being out of it. The last crazes I

remember have to do with shoes, Nike shoes......whatever you call them...probably

basketball shoes of a certain design and color. I have this memory of seeing this on

the news; the shoes were in short supply in the final days before Christmas and much

bonkerness was going on as people grew desperate to find a pair.....and some were

selling them for an inflated price.....which, of course, caught the attention of the media;

or rather, the media themselves were involved in the desperate search because they

had kids that had been promised them by Santa....and Santa was running out of them.

You didn't Conrad?

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Tonight's Grille special. All you can eat wood fired pizza. Choose any and all toppings. Beer cheddar and bacon soup. Salad. Drinks of choice. Stay warm and stay full :)

Yum...sounds great scotee, and lots of golf talk and 2019 plans, swing thoughts from Reasy, and maybe some samples from Stu's cool stash of clubs, wonderfully refreshing retirement stories from Rad, plus we can hear about the status of sco's putter build, we'll need more warm golf course pics from Fella, Wrigs and I can continue to compare Mildreds while bill balances me out on what's happening in the southern portion of Ohio, tol can show us his latest beautiful painting while Cyndy makes a sign welcoming her favorite patrons to the Grylle...

The birds are wearing mufflers..

the deer are almost white from no sunshine for a week

the local Lake is frozen over...first time in several years

vehicles in garage...still takes ten minutes to warm up..

the good thing is not enough snow to matter..but i hear several inches are inbound tonight

-5 early this morning...warmed up to a balmy 17 this afternoon !

Forecast to be above freezing tomorrow...no one here puts much faith on it.

First full day of Spring is March 20 @ 5:58 pm...exactly 48 days from right now..not that i am counting

Everybody grab a good book,or a couple movies....a large jigsaw puzzle., or clean the clubs....new paint fill...

i'm stripping my putter and repainting it,..have not selected a color. Anything but white.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Tonight's Grille special. All you can eat wood fired pizza. Choose any and all toppings. Beer cheddar and bacon soup. Salad. Drinks of choice. Stay warm and stay full :)

Yum...sounds great scotee, and lots of golf talk and 2019 plans, swing thoughts from Reasy, and maybe some samples from Stu's cool stash of clubs, wonderfully refreshing retirement stories from Rad, plus we can hear about the status of sco's putter build, we'll need more warm golf course pics from Fella, Wrigs and I can continue to compare Mildreds while bill balances me out on what's happening in the southern portion of Ohio, tol can show us his latest beautiful painting while Cyndy makes a sign welcoming her favorite patrons to the Grylle...

the good thing is not enough snow to matter..but i hear several inches are inbound tonight

First full day of Spring is March 20 @ 5:58 pm...exactly 48 days from right now..not that i am counting

Everybody grab a good book,or a couple movies....a large jigsaw puzzle., or clean the clubs....new paint fill...

i'm stripping my putter and repainting it,..have not selected a color. Anything but white.

And absolutely no chance a streaker will expose themselves :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Can anyone remotely explain what gives rise to a craze that sweeps the land? Monty Python; Pet rocks; Clackers; Super ball; Slinky....

In current times, are such crazes the province of viral videos, to the exclusion of something you go buy? What if anything by way of a tangible product (other than electronics such as a smart phone, high def TV, or computers and such) represents today's craze? Is there any form of basically useless "thing" folks are hoarding?

Is the day of such massive crazes over???? I dunno. Is it just me or is it about free range, organic, bottled water whilst surfing for a viral video? It's entirely possible crazes are still out there in full bloom and this brain is locked up for the moment and can't think of any.

Gents?

Yeah, in the case of viral videos, apparently the flu shot isn't effective against them? I've been wondering if I'm the only person on the planet oh so tired of the term 'viral' to describe anything that has gone popular, or quickly widespread by means of social media etc. instead of viral, maybe just freaky, wacky, berserk or some stupid new word. Same with Op-ed. If you don't care about journalism, then opposite the editor's column doesn't matter to you. ugh...

Kinda gettin' tired of this. Have to boost the tractor battery every time I go to start it. I guess the battery must be pooched. It seems as though I have to buy a new battery every couple of years and the darned things aren't cheap! Probably should find another source other than the local farm equipment dealer.

Passed a Rav 4 at the side of the road with the drive shaft on the ground. Maybe it's just the temperature that drives all things mechanical berserk! One more day of this and then we get a break... :yess:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

You didn't Conrad?

[media=]

[/media]

Moi???? You should be addressing this to Q......who has confessed to playing golf in the buff.

There were pics of him all over the net for a few years. Surely you don't want me to find them

and post them here.

SLED Gemini

You didn't Conrad?

[media=]

[/media]

Moi???? You should be addressing this to Q......who has confessed to playing golf in the buff.

There were pics of him all over the net for a few years. Surely you don't want me to find them

and post them here.

that would be The Real Q revealed? Exposed? Au Natural ? in the all together?

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Kinda gettin' tired of this. Have to boost the tractor battery every time I go to start it. I guess the battery must be pooched. It seems as though I have to buy a new battery every couple of years and the darned things aren't cheap! Probably should find another source other than the local farm equipment dealer.

Passed a Rav 4 at the side of the road with the drive shaft on the ground. Maybe it's just the temperature that drives all things mechanical berserk! One more day of this and then we get a break... :yess:

Yeah, heard you got some decent winter temperatures. We northerners on the other side of the pond has as well. Lovely january winter weather really, Five or ten celsius below. Lots of nice snow. But it sounds like you have got a little too many minuses. Northern Scandinavia has been chilly too.

Feel some kinship with people in the northern US states and Canada because of the winters. Indeed, many scandinavians have relatives in Minnesota. A winter should be a winter. Even though most people grows tired of it closing in on retirement. How far south in the states do you normally get decent white winters?

Yeah, heard you got some decent winter temperatures. We northerners on the other side of the pond has as well. Lovely january winter weather really, Five or ten celsius below. Lots of nice snow. But it sounds like you have got a little too many minuses. Northern Scandinavia has been chilly too.

Feel some kinship with people in the northern US states and Canada because of the winters. Indeed, many scandinavians have relatives in Minnesota. A winter should be a winter. Even though most people grows tired of it closing in on retirement. How far south in the states do you normally get decent white winters?

I'm in Ohio, we get decent white winters, not excessive but normal. Our daughter and family are 2 states south in Tennessee, she wants winter really bad for the kids. They may get some cold weather, not like ours, and a couple of light snows for the kids to play in, but that's about the extent of it. Below Tennessee, it begins to not be so much wintery but there can be some surprise cold snaps and an occasional light snow. When she went to college in Pensacola Florida, one year they actually had a light tinge of maybe 1/8 snow tease that fell to the ground one morning and paralyzed them. The news channels were all over that one :)

Statistical research has shown that white putters exhibit excessive glare while attempting to line up a putt. It's annoying, white putters. (Red putters are annoying as well, for other reasons. I digress.) By reducing the amount of luminous flux as measured by foot/candles (lumens/square foot) or lux (lumens/square meter for our metric brethren), one can reduce their putts/round by 2.3471 strokes. Fresh paint fill to one's preference will further improve putting prowess by another .4485 strokes.

So a worthy off season endeavor to improve one's game. Stats don't lie. It's a math thing.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Where do I start been a few days so I decided it was time to enter the Grille. I don’t know if any of you have this, but over the past days I could not be bothered to do anything the brain did not want to function so I curled up mentally and switched off. Been spending time in the studio because there I can concentrate on painting and do not have to think too much about life.

Driving has always been my thing, some years ago my son purchased new driver on recommendation from a pro but he could not use it when we played, it was everywhere except straight. I tried it and could mostly hit it down the middle he for some reason tried my driver which was causing me problems and hit that one really well, so we swapped.

Forward six months and I was having a coaching session set up by our local council, it was free and given by one of the best district teachers, he watched my drive several times then said move the right hand more towards the center, only an inch, did that and from then on I can go several games without a single slice, before that my ball would go around 100 yds and then do a 90* turn.

As long as I now concentrate on my right hand position I hit it well every time.

My you Grillers certainly have a good taste in music, most of what you post I have never seen before but they are good solid songs without all the bumping and grinding going on today. What I cannot understand is most of the words cannot be heard, they mumble scream shout and do. It sing. Carry on Grillers love your selections.

Go into a woman’s handbag at your peril, I had to do it today and was almost in a panic, never know what you will find. Fortunately what I was looking for was at the top so it was not too traumatic.

Going back to the ladies of the past generation, DWs grandmother was horrified when her daughter, DWs mother married and did not change to old women’s clothing, including long baggy knickers when she married, never let up about her being a floozie, if you know that word. I remember well when I was young a 65 year old was waiting to die, it was end of life and they dressed and acted that way. When I was an apprentice I remember people retiring, the company used to have a free dinner and concert once a year for all retirees and you never saw them attend for more than three years, it was literally retire and die. Thank goodness the attitude and life expectancy has changed today, living 20 years past retirement is normal.

Talking about difference in attitudes from different districts, in the UK not so much now but in my teens you only had to travel 20 miles and they almost talked a different language, talking to them sometimes it was impossible to understand them. When we moved to Corwall it was like an alien planet.

It seems we are in the two weather extremes, w have now had around two months of weather in the 90s+, we have had around two minutes of rain the past three days, not even enough to wet the grass. It’s really dry and costing us heaps trying to save our plants and trees, we have lost some. Up North Queensland they now have three cyclones in two weeks, up to 3 ft of rain in two hours, flooding everywhere. Australia has three different weather types at present, tightly confined to districts and none of them are good. Reading about your weather I am glad I do not live in America, I cannot stand the cold, I would in bed covered by 10 blankets until it warmed up.

Well Grillers 8.15 on a Friday night, getting ready for bed, will be taking a glass of red tonight to help me sleep. And by the way well and truly tooled.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Statistical research has shown that white putters exhibit excessive glare while attempting to line up a putt. It's annoying, white putters. (Red putters are annoying as well, for other reasons. I digress.) By reducing the amount of luminous flux as measured by foot/candles (lumens/square foot) or lux (lumens/square meter for our metric brethren), one can reduce their putts/round by 2.3471 strokes. Fresh paint fill to one's preference will further improve putting prowess by another .4485 strokes.

So a worthy off season endeavor to improve one's game. Stats don't lie. It's a math thing.

Does this also happen with white golf shoes, would wearing shades help?

Most annoying saying for me is “ I can’t wait”. Well you have to wait because it is not happening yet..

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Have I ever mentioned on here that I'm no fan of white clubs? Well, I'm not. Why does it always seem that the guy that owns the white driver never cleans it? There always filthy it seems and then when the paint chips it look even worse than a grey or black painted driver. The only thing that`s worse than a white painted club are those clubs that were done up with a black PVD finish. Who`s idea was that, especially with wedges? Whenever you see a used one it looks as though it's been through the war! (Says he who just ordered a black PVD club... Hey, what can I say? It was the only one they had. :rolleyes:)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Global Golf has opened an outlet up here in Canada. On one hand I'm reading these threads complaining about the price of new equipment, yet on the other we're getting more affordable options up here that avoids the hassle and cost of importing from the US. Finally there's a source of reasonably priced shafts. I can get a Bassara with Titleist tip and grip for $50 including shipping. That would make for a fairly cheap experiment although I'd be more likely to go for a Red Diamana if I could find one for that price as I've gotten along with a version of that in an old pair of Nike fairways that I have kicking around. The Bassara would be a flyer as I don't recall ever hitting a club so equipped.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

The thing about white golf shoes is the same thing that effects white golf clubs. You never have to worry about glare if they're always covered in grass stains and dirt! :stop:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

And we all know that guy who hasn't cleaned out the grooves on his irons/wedges in the last three years... He's right up there with the guy that takes the headcovers off of his woods and lets them bang around in the bag on the back of the cart until there's no paint left on the heads...

And don't tell me they're tools as I've never run across a tradesman that was worth his salt who took such poor care of the tools he earns a living with!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

1" of snow and 8 degrees this morning.

I've always taken pretty good care of my golf clubs. My r11 driver and 3W get cleaned almost every round. The white glistens, so do my irons. As a minimalist, I usually play 7 clubs or less, so a quick cleaning is no big deal.

A toothbrush and water, wipe dry is all it takes to keep clubs sparkling. On the older gray metal drivers, like the Callaway Berthas. a bit of auto polish will make the clubs look new.

I'm not that particular about white shoes, though.

No headcovers on woods guy is totally annoying. There's one in our Wednesday group. Always has them on until the first tee. Then starts taking them off. Clangity clang all over the course. On the occasion that he rides with me, always tell him to put on his headcovers. "It's driving me mad listening to your clubs banging around back there." He complies, but not without beefing that it's a hassle taking them off and replacing with every shot. Really?????? Yeah, his heads look like shizzle.

And no, this doesn't include iron covers. Those are a PITA. Don't use them, never used them. Those who do seemingly are always losing one. Requiring the eventual backtrack in an attempt to locate the errant cover. Double the PITA'ness. However, one's preference may run counter to mine.

I'm a fan of headcovers. Like having some variety. Always on the lookout for something different (on the cheap) to add to the rotation. Lately, been acquiring several Cleveland HC's that were supplied with the Classic line from a few years back. Good looking barrel H/C's, all leather, basic black without prominent branding, the club number on the top with stripes on the body. For $10 or less, can beat them. Plus mixing in some knit headcovers periodically. Those old school looking ones with a pom. Anything that's not OEM. Keep the "branding" minimal to non-existent on my implements and bag. Try to remain stealthy so the competition doesn't know what I'm wielding.

My buddy, Dave takes his headcovers off at the car. Fortunately we walk most of the time, so it's no skin off my nose that he does this, but with clubs that are over 20 years old you can imagine what they look like...

Now a person can spend a small fortune on aftermarket headcovers, especially if you're a fan of Scotty Cameron... I have a full set of knit covers; two are Rocket Tour and the other two were made locally by a nice little old lady. ;) Putters, I just stick with the OEM cover because the head can be all different sizes and shapes, especially with mallets.

When I first started to get into vintage clubs I bought a set of tartan headcovers with the St. Andrews logo on them from the UK. They're too small for modern woods, but they're perfect for the vintage clubs. Really high quality too, lined with sheep's wool. The set of three set me back $45 as I recall. A nice finishing touch to my vintage bag which is an understated Callaway Hyper Lite in hunter green.

When I was in Ireland about 10 years ago I went to the Guinness factory and they had driver covers that looked like a foamy mug of suds. I thought long and hard about buying one, but left it there figuring I would see them again. Never have since that day. It would have been a talking point due to uniqueness.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Remember those St. Andrews HC's you have. They're sweet!! Recall you providing a link to the seller, wasn't to bad a price. Considering they were from the UK. But didn't act on them. Now seemingly they are no longer showing up on a "vintage head covers" eBay search.

The first thing I thought of when I read Reason's "Craze" post. SC headcovers. I mean they're kinda interesting in their variety, but not at the going rate for buying one. SC is nobody's fool as he keeps churning them out to the fanboys. But since it only comprises such a minute sub-set of the general populace, don't think it fits the definition of a craze. Although it does by WRX'ian standards.

Got nothing against someone having a non-stock, something different, quality cover for their putter. However, nothing says "Steal this putter, please" quite like these limited edition ones from the likes of SC and Bettinardi.

1" of snow and 8 degrees this morning.

I've always taken pretty good care of my golf clubs. My r11 driver and 3W get cleaned almost every round. The white glistens, so do my irons. As a minimalist, I usually play 7 clubs or less, so a quick cleaning is no big deal.

A toothbrush and water, wipe dry is all it takes to keep clubs sparkling. On the older gray metal drivers, like the Callaway Berthas. a bit of auto polish will make the clubs look new.

I'm not that particular about white shoes, though.

5" of snow here...

I've got a Frogger club brush, love it. It has some brass in the brush, plus a point on the other side to clean grooves out with. Couldn't do without it

https://www.froggergolf.com/products/brushpro-original/

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)