Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

55 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

i'm sure you're not.

optum bought many family practices near me. when i said i'd be picking up my records, the woman who called me said she understood. she offered up that they will only have one new doc to remotely cover 3 locations as the primary licensed provider, and there will be only 2 pa's in the office and new hire kids to take vitals.

my doc is moving up to prescott, so i have to find someone new. he is/was great. spent time in middle east in trauma fulfilling his obligation with the navy, which paid for med school. competent, calm, collected, cool.

"I did inject my Morton's Neuromas and did a digital block and removed my own ingrown big toenail. " 

i don't think i could reach. 🙂

about 7 years ago i got a nasty cut on my arm from a shelf in the office. we had some silverware in the little kitchen area. i took a knife, borrowed a lighter, then cauterized it, stuck a bandaid on and went back to my office. i thought my customer support guy was going to pass out.

i muttered something about learning to improvise in the army. 

"The doctor who treats himself has a fool for a patient"

• Like 2

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

7 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

so, my primary care doctor's office called asking if i wanted to make an appointment for a yearly physical and refill any prescriptions.

the practice was bought by optum a year ago. i already whined about that. the requirement to stay for a year is expiring, and all 3 docs are leaving.

picking up my records the same day. 🙂

Almost all doctors are "company docs" now....sad 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

TEE C721 10.5 Ventus Red 5R (with 10g lead tape under the stripes)

Adams Idea Pro 20, 23, 26 Aldila VS Proto 80S

MP32 6-PW DGR300, +1"

MP223 GW DGS200, +1"

Cleveland 588 RTG TA 51 DG wedge flex

Vokey 256.12 DG wedge flex

1969 Ping Anser 85029 34" long step

golf..."can't be mastered, can only be played"

9 hours ago, Jim53 said:

Fun story, a customer from peru needed some parts, 2 1/2 weeks ago we sent the parts fedex overnight. Well they lost the package and could not find it, so Tuesday I sent another duplicate package DHL and it got there today, at exactly the same time as the fedex package, of course fedex tracking says it is in Memphis....wtf...

I can top that and this just recently happened. My wife's friend just got a set of lower teeth. They did not fit properly so the Dentist sent them back to whomever made them for adjustments. Fed EX lost them. They did make her a new set at no cost to her and are shipping them at no cost to her via UPS priority. In fact my wife told me she got her new choppers yesterday.

• Haha 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

4 hours ago, scotee said:

Any good geezer advice for treating muscle cramps?  Just had my annual wellness visit. Labs are very good. I have asked all my last few docs and gotten the usual advice. Drink more water, magnesium supplements, stretch and massage.  Also some friendly non-professional advice like drink pickle juice. Nothing seems to really help. 

I learned several years ago to not point my toes to stretch in the morning or my calf muscles would cramp. So I then pointed my toes back toward my knee and that helped but then started getting cramps on the front side of the leg. I have had the hamstrings badly cramp as well. Not just feet and legs but even back and side muscles if say climbing on a ladder and twisting to hang a light fixture. I have never had cramps playing golf-knock on wood.

The worst were cramps that happened at just the wrong time near the moment of marital bliss. The first time my reaction was misinterpreted as pleasure when it was really hop out of bed agony.  We had a good laugh. I know, TMI but true story.

But seriously, I would like to find a cure as it is worse each year and now Mrs. scotee is getting muscle cramps as well.  

Coming up on 72 next week may be the problem but if by chance I am not alone and you have an answer, I will be grateful.

Sounds like a Physiotherapist is what the doctor would recommend(thats what the doctor in my house normally recommends in these cases). Don’t know how the Physiotherapists are a part of the healtcare in the US?  I’ve had all kind of cranks in the joints and muscles since I turned 50 more than a decade ago, and all has been cured with what those good girls come up with, they actually made me taking up Gym seriously, actually lifting heavy too, and I havent been as painless and bendable since the early 00-s. And its a bit satisfying now to move weights I didnt move when like 30. Not that I was much of a fitness maniac those days but still.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, scotee said:

"The doctor who treats himself has a fool for a patient"

Like a lawyer who represents his self has a fool for a client.

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

7 hours ago, scotee said:

Any good geezer advice for treating muscle cramps?  Just had my annual wellness visit. Labs are very good. I have asked all my last few docs and gotten the usual advice. Drink more water, magnesium supplements, stretch and massage.  Also some friendly non-professional advice like drink pickle juice. Nothing seems to really help. 

I learned several years ago to not point my toes to stretch in the morning or my calf muscles would cramp. So I then pointed my toes back toward my knee and that helped but then started getting cramps on the front side of the leg. I have had the hamstrings badly cramp as well. Not just feet and legs but even back and side muscles if say climbing on a ladder and twisting to hang a light fixture. I have never had cramps playing golf-knock on wood.

The worst were cramps that happened at just the wrong time near the moment of marital bliss. The first time my reaction was misinterpreted as pleasure when it was really hop out of bed agony.  We had a good laugh. I know, TMI but true story.

But seriously, I would like to find a cure as it is worse each year and now Mrs. scotee is getting muscle cramps as well.  

Coming up on 72 next week may be the problem but if by chance I am not alone and you have an answer, I will be grateful.

Magnesium Glycinate from Oceans helped me a ton. I used to get cramps in my legs several times a week and this stuff really help. I was taking Magnesium before but this brand seems to work much better. I take 3 about an hour before bed. 

https://organicsocean.com/products/pure-magnesium-glycinate?utm_campaign=pure+magnesium+glycinate&utm_source=googlepmax&utm_medium=bmoney2&cmc_adid=ga__20678817811&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwi_exBhA8EiwA_kU1Mswb77RWomFFojcHYJodLI9QCnYMXzAKXKBui_2WcWisMtFQgch8DBoCEvwQAvD_BwE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

12 hours ago, scotee said:

Are you really drinking enough water. especially being a golfer. 

Have fresh blood tests, short of it is I'm dehydrated. My elderly loved ones had the issue too. They never drank enough fluids. I play, I need to up water before & after. Else I cramp up. 

• Like 3

Sad day.  The South Carolin UFO welcome center burned down last night.  I’m not sure where they’ll divert ufo traffic to now.  🤦‍♂️

seriously though. The guy did lose his home as well. ( separate from the spaceship )  I don’t know if they’ll post a donation link , but if they do I’d contribute.  The builder is a Vietnam vet , and a nice guy. Just a little bit different . 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Most people don’t drink enough.  I have something in my hand all day.  Either water or a water/ sodium / honey stinger rapid hydration supplement.  I’m extremely sensitive to dehydration and fuel in general.  

my wife struggles with this. She says “ I cant drink that much “. As if it’s a physical impossibility….. I can take a 20oz water and turn it up and not come down till it’s gone. I don’t do that all the time. But if I’m working outside , or playing golf ( walking ) I intake it by 10 0z at one gulp all the time.  I don’t give her too hard of a time because I don’t know if she’s truly unable or not.  But I find it strange that she can’t take in what her body needs to not be dehydrated.  

I taught my son the “ pee color “ rule of thumb early on.  I realize it’s not iron clad science. But if you are peeing clear , you’re much better off than the guy who’s yellow. 

Everybody goin around drinkin 50 gallons of water a day, payin 💰 for bottles of…water 🤣

Meantime, back in the day, nobody ever drank any water! Maybe ye took a sip of water from a water fountain once in a while. But otherwise you just drink liquids with meals

Did we die? No!

🤣 I’m exaggerating of course, gotta stay hydrated, but obviously the bottled water lobby has had a huge influence on how much water people drink

I agree on the “pee color” test but still, eveybody goin around drinking water leaving half full plastic bottles all over with lipstick smears on them lol

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Interesting read.  For some reason it hit home after my recent match where I gave  14 shots.  A playing partner said “ how many you have to give him “. I said “ 14 if I play off the tips. 16 if I’m off the mens tee “. His eyes got big and he said “ what the actual hell ?….. are you serious “.    He hadn’t ever been involved in a match giving that many.  ( he wasn’t who I was playing agianst ). He Carry’s a 9 handicap and I guess usually he’s playing where he gives 4-5 or gets 3-4 shots.    I just smirked and said “ I’m used to it.  It’s rare that I’m not giving 10 at least “.    That’s why I rarely keep up with what holes someone gets a pop on.  I just assume every hole.  🤣.  And play for score.  It’s not really a match if there’s shots involved.     Anytime I get to play against another person scratch or better I’ll just say “ you what to play even or what “?  And everytime their eyes will light up and they’ll quickly agree. Sometimes that’s me losing a shot. Sometimes it’s them losing a shot to me. As in shots given.  But it’s more fun without all the math.  

I get that it’s needed.  But this article is downright on the button if you’re playing as a scratch guy , shoot a good number , say have 39-42 stableford points , and don’t sniff a dollar. And the guy who wins , shot 127 and gets the pot.  You walk home with your head down and say “ now I practice  for what exactly ?”   It will sound crazy. But. You could invite 20 scratch guys to an event.  And any of them could win against each other shooting 74-75. Could easily happen.  But put 20 10-15 handicappers against one and he’d better shoot 69-71 to have any chance.  Fun things to think about.  

https://www.golfmonthly.com/features/the-handicap-system-in-golf-has-ruined-club-competitions-its-the-only-sport-that-rewards-mediocrity 

Our course has 4 flights in men's league. So you can win against  like players. Club championship is straight up match play, no index, not sure how they determine who can vie for it. Think it's best of Flight A only.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

Everybody goin around drinkin 50 gallons of water a day, payin 💰 for bottles of…water 🤣

Meantime, back in the day, nobody ever drank any water! Maybe ye took a sip of water from a water fountain once in a while. But otherwise you just drink liquids with meals

Did we die? No!

🤣 I’m exaggerating of course, gotta stay hydrated, but obviously the bottled water lobby has had a huge influence on how much water people drink

I agree on the “pee color” test but still, eveybody goin around drinking water leaving half full plastic bottles all over with lipstick smears on them lol

I think it depends. When I grew up.  My grandpa had a quart mason jar that stayed in the fridge with ice water in it.  He carried a Gott cooler with him to work every day.  So if he was in the house he had cold water. And he had 2 gallons with him all day on the tractor.  Down here we sweat buckets.  You have to put it back in as fast as you leak it.  I think different genetic predispositions require different amounts myself.  

We he r some of the best water in the county here. From springs up at the “ Greenville watershed “. Look it up.  I’m drinking tap , or sparkling Peligrino . 

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 4

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Interesting read.  For some reason it hit home after my recent match where I gave  14 shots.  A playing partner said “ how many you have to give him “. I said “ 14 if I play off the tips. 16 if I’m off the mens tee “. His eyes got big and he said “ what the actual hell ?….. are you serious “.    He hadn’t ever been involved in a match giving that many.  ( he wasn’t who I was playing agianst ). He Carry’s a 9 handicap and I guess usually he’s playing where he gives 4-5 or gets 3-4 shots.    I just smirked and said “ I’m used to it.  It’s rare that I’m not giving 10 at least “.    That’s why I rarely keep up with what holes someone gets a pop on.  I just assume every hole.  🤣.  And play for score.  It’s not really a match if there’s shots involved.     Anytime I get to play against another person scratch or better I’ll just say “ you what to play even or what “?  And everytime their eyes will light up and they’ll quickly agree. Sometimes that’s me losing a shot. Sometimes it’s them losing a shot to me. As in shots given.  But it’s more fun without all the math.  

I get that it’s needed.  But this article is downright on the button if you’re playing as a scratch guy , shoot a good number , say have 39-42 stableford points , and don’t sniff a dollar. And the guy who wins , shot 127 and gets the pot.  You walk home with your head down and say “ now I practice  for what exactly ?”   It will sound crazy. But. You could invite 20 scratch guys to an event.  And any of them could win against each other shooting 74-75. Could easily happen.  But put 20 10-15 handicappers against one and he’d better shoot 69-71 to have any chance.  Fun things to think about.  

https://www.golfmonthly.com/features/the-handicap-system-in-golf-has-ruined-club-competitions-its-the-only-sport-that-rewards-mediocrity 

My incredible disdain for handicaps has been made clear frequently!

Your score's your score. Wanna compete against a better player? Become a better player. No need for arbitrary math. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ Edition

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 4-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

Did we die? No!

When we go to flea markets I take my own water. I'll be dammed if I'm paying$1.50 for water. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

5 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Wanna compete against a better player? Become a better player.

Or just enjoy that you lost the round by only 4 strokes, not 10.  You knew what you were up against going in...

Aen, I agree.  I'm still waiting for Scheffler to give Rickie a stroke a side in a PGA tournament.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

24 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

blade! Happy Friday 😃 too us all

Im kidding, course ya gotta drink enough water, dehydration is dangerous!

Im taking about how everyone is going around carry a water bottle as if they on a safari in the jungle meantime they do nothing but drive from their couch to the store 🤣

Yep. My buddy the nypd cop told me that outran water  was the only thing he tasted that’s closest  nyc water. as he drank it from my hose out back 🤦‍♂️

I took him to a farm up here that has a spring house.  It’s built over a natural spring that comes up to ground level between two rocks. Who knows how long ago , someone built a rock reservoir around the opening , which makes a pool about 8 feet across and 2-: feet deep.  It then runs out to form a stream that meanders down the hillside.  They then placed a pump head in that reservoir pool.  So you could pump it out by hand for animals , house etc. then built a small house over the whole thing to protect it from contamination etc. with a small open pipe out the back wall.  To feed the stream.  So anyway.  I know the people. And sometimes I’ll get the urge and will stop and get a jug full , or a 5 gallon bucket , for use in libations.  Etc. They of course don’t use it for home or commercial use now. Now it’s just a novelty.  But my point. The water.  It tastes like something that’s hard to describe.  It has an earthy note.  Maybe even a slight chalk hint.  But in a good way.  And it’s by far the clearest I’ve ever seen. I took Kevin up there and he just shook his head.  And says to me “ you could auction this “faahhmm” (🤣) off for $10mil just on that spring water alone to some of those rich hippies  in the city”.    

it’s truly almost off putting how good it tastes.  

• Like 4

LAB Mezz Max armlock