Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

WE've had the Farmer's Open from Torrey Pines on over the past couple of days. It doesn't matter whether it's professional golf or football or basketball or hockey. The contrived drama and overstatement from the constantly bleeping commentators is enough to make a sane man scream! Gawd how I miss Johnny Miller. At least he called it like he saw it, not some BS that is constantly being passed off as expertise. There is nothing compelling about any of this and the constant parade of managed personalities that populate the professional golf ranks. :shout:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

WE've had the Farmer's Open from Torrey Pines on over the past couple of days. It doesn't matter whether it's professional golf or football or basketball or hockey. The contrived drama and overstatement from the constantly bleeping commentators is enough to make a sane man scream! Gawd how I miss Johnny Miller. At least he called it like he saw it, not some BS that is constantly being passed off as expertise. There is nothing compelling about any of this and the constant parade of managed personalities that populate the professional golf ranks. :shout:

Yep it seemed to me on Morning Drive they were stirring the pot because Speith and Reed were playing together today for the first time since the SUPPOSED Ryder Cup incident. I told my wife they were stirring the pot trying to increase viewership of the event. The way they were stirring it up you would think a fist fight may have broken out on the first tee if not there maybe the second green. Nothing happened they both downplayed it and said that it was all overstated by the press. Both of them played pretty well.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I have come to the conclusion that if you are an Apple product user and are not exposed to any other forms of technology that you will be dumbed down for the lack of experience.

My wife got an email tonight from a local winery regarding an event she wanted to attend. She had asked them to reserve her two tickets. In the response it was suggested that she could reserve her tickets herself online in the future. I think that was the first mistake...

I asked her to send me the link that they had provided her and ipso fatso I was on the appropriate page with the purchase tickets icon. I asked if she wanted me to buy the tickets? NO! They've already reserved them for me. I don't get that page on my screen. Maybe because you're using a tablet the mobile version is different -- it usually is? NO!

So I sit down beside her and look at what she is seeing. What did you do? Just clicked on the link. She proceeds to the calendar and I tell her to click on the event which brings up a pop-up dialogue box, but she can't go further. I double click on the event and voila it takes her to the page that I showed her where she could buy tickets just like the page I displayed on my PC. I've never had to do that before! She storms off upstairs furious like I've dealt her a great insult...

When I was browsing for a laptop about a year ago I went into Staples and talked to a young fellow who was adamant that I needed an Apple computer. They're the easiest to use and update. I had asked specifically for an Android because I'm a PC user not an iOS user. I may as well have been talking to the wall. He was convinced that all old people should use Apple, I'm speculating, because he figures we're dumb. I think I understand why he might think that way now...

For the record my wife works on a computer everyday. When something goes awry, you call in IT to fix it. Doesn't sound like there's much in the way of self diagnostic done probably because they don't have time. Maybe it's just because Apple products are well known for having a lack of problems versus what was typical for PC systems. I don't know, but I'm still shaking my head that she would get so angry over something as trivial as this. Maybe it's my attitude... Honestly I didn't say one judgmental word.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Had a win today, went to the local hardware store for a garden arch, the one we had rusted away last week. The one we wanted was posted on their site as being available and cost $20, there were supposed to be 6 of them on the shelf. The assistant came and looked none there so she said the manager now allows us to give the next price up at the lower price in the interest of customer satisfaction so we had a $60 arch for $20. Thank you Bunnings.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I have come to the conclusion that if you are an Apple product user and are not exposed to any other forms of technology that you will be dumbed down for the lack of experience.

My wife got an email tonight from a local winery regarding an event she wanted to attend. She had asked them to reserve her two tickets. In the response it was suggested that she could reserve her tickets herself online in the future. I think that was the first mistake...

I asked her to send me the link that they had provided her and ipso fatso I was on the appropriate page with the purchase tickets icon. I asked if she wanted me to buy the tickets? NO! They've already reserved them for me. I don't get that page on my screen. Maybe because you're using a tablet the mobile version is different -- it usually is? NO!

So I sit down beside her and look at what she is seeing. What did you do? Just clicked on the link. She proceeds to the calendar and I tell her to click on the event which brings up a pop-up dialogue box, but she can't go further. I double click on the event and voila it takes her to the page that I showed her where she could buy tickets just like the page I displayed on my PC. I've never had to do that before! She storms off upstairs furious like I've dealt her a great insult...

When I was browsing for a laptop about a year ago I went into Staples and talked to a young fellow who was adamant that I needed an Apple computer. They're the easiest to use and update. I had asked specifically for an Android because I'm a PC user not an iOS user. I may as well have been talking to the wall. He was convinced that all old people should use Apple, I'm speculating, because he figures we're dumb. I think I understand why he might think that way now...

For the record my wife works on a computer everyday. When something goes awry, you call in IT to fix it. Doesn't sound like there's much in the way of self diagnostic done probably because they don't have time. Maybe it's just because Apple products are well known for having a lack of problems versus what was typical for PC systems. I don't know, but I'm still shaking my head that she would get so angry over something as trivial as this. Maybe it's my attitude... Honestly I didn't say one judgmental word.

Trying to help the Mrs. with computer issues is as dicey a proposition as offering her golf tips. Always a mystery.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Trying to help the Mrs. with computer issues is as dicey a proposition as offering her golf tips. Always a mystery.

That's funny but true...

A woman's purse is a mysterious thing

Wrigs. Locally, there is the Concours d'Elegance of America. Last year was their 40th anniversary. Prior to the current location, it was held at Meadowbrook Hall which is close by. The estate of of Matilda Dodge Wilson, widow of automotive pioneer John Dodge. It's a Concours that rivals Pebble Beach in importance and prestige amongst that circle. Have had the opportunity to attend twice, courtesy of free ducets from my BIL. Yeah, it's a rarefied and monied air given the nature of owning and maintaining automobiles of this quality. Got a feeling most are not performing their own wrench work. But if one gets past some of the pomp and pretense and focuses on the cars, they're quite extraordinary. Remembering some of 30's era vehicles being drop dead gorgeous. Really enjoyed it both times. Except many seemed to be dressed up in their summer finery. We were slumming around in shorts and untucked polo shirts. Oh well, didn't get thrown out because of inappropriate attire. This was last year's Concours:

https://www.conceptc...t-st-johns.aspx

Somewhat related to this, and mentioned in the above, is the GM Heritage Center. Something of a central depository for many of GM's show, experimental and best of breed automobiles over a 100+ years. Not open to the public, only by special arrangements. About 10 years ago, was performing some P/T work for a small digital media equipment company under contact with GM. Was doing the site training at locales around the country. One winter day, had training to perform at the Heritage Center. Didn't know anything about it. Only to discover what was inside. After the second day of training, asked if it was OK to walk around for awhile inside the vast warehouse where all these cars are displayed and maintained. "Yeah, sure. Go ahead." So it's just myself, all by my lonesome, with only a couple of workers way in the back. Beyond cool!!! Checking all these vehicles out, up close and personal, with no one else around. Very quiet as I recall. The absolutely perfect '53 Buick Skylark convertible was stunning. If anyone remembers the line by Richard Pryor in the movie "Silver Streak" on why chose to steal the Jag, this Buick matched the description. The Heritage Center with pics of some of the cars within, including the Skylark:

https://www.gmherita...tion/index.html

Really great cars on both sites.

In Pittsburgh, the Vintage Gran Prix is held in July. Starts off with an invitation only car show on Thursday, and some kind of formal, fancy country club event on Friday. On Saturday, the car show. At the entrance of Schenley Park, the real antique stuff, Packards, Cords, etc. all with the usual snooty people around them. The rest of the park is filled with antique cars of all kinds, a real show.

On Sunday, the races are run. Little MG, Triumph type cars participate. I never saw the race event, only used to attend the car show Saturday. Haven't gone for many years, traffic and confusion run rampant.

In my town, a huge car show is held in August. "Beaver Fever" is supposed to be one of the biggest shows in the USA. It supposedly starts at 3:00pm, but I drive downtown after 8:00 am and the town is already filled with cars. Spend about an hour or so, and leave. I don't know how people can sit around all day chatting and sitting by their cars. My neighbor told me he's looking forward to showing the old Dodge, wants me to go with him. I'll meet him there and leave when I want.

Keep warm, guys.

Wrigs. Locally, there is the Concours d'Elegance of America. Last year was their 40th anniversary. Prior to the current location, it was held at Meadowbrook Hall which is close by. The estate of of Matilda Dodge Wilson, widow of automotive pioneer John Dodge. It's a Concours that rivals Pebble Beach in importance and prestige amongst that circle. Have had the opportunity to attend twice, courtesy of free ducets from my BIL. Yeah, it's a rarefied and monied air given the nature of owning and maintaining automobiles of this quality. Got a feeling most are not performing their own wrench work. But if one gets past some of the pomp and pretense and focuses on the cars, they're quite extraordinary. Remembering some of 30's era vehicles being drop dead gorgeous. Really enjoyed it both times. Except many seemed to be dressed up in their summer finery. We were slumming around in shorts and untucked polo shirts. Oh well, didn't get thrown out because of inappropriate attire. This was last year's Concours:

Somewhat related to this, and mentioned in the above, is the GM Heritage Center. Something of a central depository for many of GM's show, experimental and best of breed automobiles over a 100+ years. Not open to the public, only by special arrangements. About 10 years ago, was performing some P/T work for a small digital media equipment company under contact with GM. Was doing the site training at locales around the country. One winter day, had training to perform at the Heritage Center. Didn't know anything about it. Only to discover what was inside. After the second day of training, asked if it was OK to walk around for awhile inside the vast warehouse where all these cars are displayed and maintained. "Yeah, sure. Go ahead." So it's just myself, all by my lonesome, with only a couple of workers way in the back. Beyond cool!!! Checking all these vehicles out, up close and personal, with no one else around. Very quiet as I recall. The absolutely perfect '53 Buick Skylark convertible was stunning. If anyone remembers the line by Richard Pryor in the movie "Silver Streak" on why chose to steal the Jag, this Buick matched the description. The Heritage Center with pics of some of the cars within, including the Skylark:

In Pittsburgh, the Vintage Gran Prix is held in July. Starts off with an invitation only car show on Thursday, and some kind of formal, fancy country club event on Friday. On Saturday, the car show. At the entrance of Schenley Park, the real antique stuff, Packards, Cords, etc. all with the usual snooty people around them. The rest of the park is filled with antique cars of all kinds, a real show.

On Sunday, the races are run. Little MG, Triumph type cars participate. I never saw the race event, only used to attend the car show Saturday. Haven't gone for many years, traffic and confusion run rampant.

In my town, a huge car show is held in August. "Beaver Fever" is supposed to be one of the biggest shows in the USA. It supposedly starts at 3:00pm, but I drive downtown after 8:00 am and the town is already filled with cars. Spend about an hour or so, and leave. I don't know how people can sit around all day chatting and sitting by their cars. My neighbor told me he's looking forward to showing the old Dodge, wants me to go with him. I'll meet him there and leave when I want.

Keep warm, guys.

Make sure that you take the LeBaron with you, Wriggs. :pimp:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

More snow overnight. Not a lot, but enough to warrant shoveling the walkway I suppose. More on the way tomorrow night they say followed up with another blast of Arctic freeze!

-------------------

There's a discussion going on over whether its play golf or golfing. Hard to believe so many get their knickers in knots over the use of a word, but sure enough that seems to be the case. I detect a distinct disdain for English phrasing that has been popularized by the plethora of Brit commentators on social media. Gaming clubs is another sore spot as is golfing the ball. AS one commentator noted; if we can reach a consensus on how we use these golf related terms then world peace should be a piece of cake! I believe this sort of contentiousness is referred to as First World Problems. :rolleyes:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Was going to post "Play at Golfing". But then thought, "Why?". One of those dumb threads that's best avoided. If the word 'gaming' ever slips past these fingers in the Grille, deserve all the scorn and ridicule that the patrons can muster.

"Gaming" sounds like a word used by the people that own the Packards and Cords.

One of the years I went to the Pittsburgh show, a stately older lady (reminded me of Mrs. Bucket on the British comedy.) was sitting in the back seat of a pre 1930 Packard 4 door canvas top car. (Touring Phaeton?)

She was knitting and watching everyone who came near her car.

She'd probably use the term "gaming."

I am amazed as well that some get their knickers in a wad over inconsequential word choices.

Those are often the same whom we affectionately call the "grammar police" who have become

so OCD about spelling, punctuation and precise word use on a public forum.

As we know, in the realm of pop culture, slang words and terms come and go. Oh, to use a

slang word that is no longer en vogue.........proof you are out of it and out of touch. Chances

are you also wear clothes that are no longer in style and you have zero sauce....possibly

negative sauce.

Nothing quite like an older person trying to act young; adopting...or co-opting, the language

of the younger. There actually is a "gaming" industry and we all know what it is; gambling...

........there is also a "sporting" industry and "sporting" goods. The argument over whether

golf is a game or a sport.........well, I guess it must be a both because according to some

here at WRX we are "gaming"..... "sporting" goods while we are playing golfing.

That's funny but true...

[media=]

[/media]

I remember the first time Cobi asked me to fetch something from her purse. I was like "are you

sure you want me to go into your purse?"......prior to with all previous females I had known, a

purse was forbidden territory.

"Sure" she said, giving me permission to go into that secluded place, not only then, but in the

future as well, making sure I understood that after the search I left things the way I found them

and not make a mess in there; which, of course, is impossible, as men can't search neatly for

things in a purse.

About the only thing I know about women is that one of them not only tolerates me (full-time job) but seems to love me. She's human and makes little mistakes along the way. But I try not keeping score since my "humanness" leads to tons of stumbles.

More with each passage of time, I understand how and why widows and widowers die of a broken heart.

Flip side - that same passage of time brightens the light on enjoying her, friendships, humor, and all that corny motherhood and apple pie stuff.

Words and language... especially as it relates to the internet. This probably just me but I sort of live and die by the sword that runs in the opposite direction of "I can't help how I feel." I "feel" lots of things. I absolutely CAN help how I feel and by God I'm going to do my best to keep tabs on it. Living by the credo "I can't help how I feel" is an excuse for settling into not only selfish/antisocial behaviors, but using words to justify it. Running in the opposite direction causes words to change accordingly. One naturally follows the other.

As to the net - I can't always put the above credo in the same space where my age, frame of reference, search for words are reflective of "feeling" better and healthier things... It is juxtaposed in an ocean of those who find it fun and humorous to click off pot-stirring, snipes, and zingers aimed at others just for the delight of dropping a bomb for grins. It's less about the spelling and grammar (for me) and more about the spirit of it.

We don't always know when a little humor, sarcasm, good clean fun is born of light-hearted fun and when it's tossing out a condescending barb like a drive-by shooting. This is a little more challenging (for me) than I like. Engenders the question about even touching the net at all. Why put yourself in a spot where this very question is even on the table?

But I play on - lol. Just make sure I "feel" ok about when and where I post. Have learned I can't "fix" how anyone else feels. Got my hands full managing that one for myself.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming,

Got to run. Will leave you guys with this.

There's an honest effort here to empathize and listen despite the obvious preaching. Trying hard to avoid taking myself and/or swing stuff "too" seriously. Perfectly OK with mixing personal passion AND a nice fun balance of humor inside the same convo. "Hope" that's evident but will say as much right out loud.

There's a certain blind faith in making ample room for both. Depending on you guys to help me keep it real - keep it fun. When the day comes, by my own hand, I ruined the Grille experience for you guys then I managed to also destroy the very spirit behind what started this ride in the first place.

Keep me in check gents. As you already clearly do. :)

I look forward to your passion and your humor Reasy... keep it coming, it's very well liked and very much appreciated :clapping: :good: You would never ruin the Grille experience, it would be like the day the music died if you weren't here...

[media=]

[/media]

I agree with Sixty 110% keep it keeping on there Reasy. Like I have said many times Reasy and I would make a great team if we ran a golf school driving range. He could do the swing thing while I did the club building and engineering thing. LOL if I was not busy in the shop and looking out over the teaching area coffee and cigar firmly in hand I could say--- "Reasy just tell them to hit the frigging ball"----

:rofl: :rofl:

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Keep warm, guys.

In this area we have several big ones during the year. We have the one for the Mustangs and 2 other ones. Also during the Atlantic Beach Bike Week a lot of the folks bring those cars with the tall shiny wheels and fancy paint jobs. Several of the restaurants especially on this end host car club shows in the summer several weekends a month. If I got into that stuff I would be in the rat rod class because that is my thing. In fact I have had several guys approach me about showing the Mini Bulldog since now it is over 20 years old in the rat rod class. IMHO it is not really a rat rod with stock engine (well basically) and stock tires and wheels. But then again it is sorta modified to rat rod specs. Have a Borla exhaust from a wrecked Honda car and fuel injectors from a V-8 Dodge ( mine is a 4 cylinder) and the brands on all 4 tires are different ( sorta like my golf bag) natural patina and rust and of course the 1948 Mack Bulldog on the hood. Like I told one of the guys it is a daily driver not a weekend toy

Reason,Scottie,Stu,Fella,Sixty,Rad,Toj...I enjoy every piece of golf commentary you guys throw out there.

My only problem,is that I know enough about the golf swing to use the correct end of the club to hit the ball. Which means ,that I am and shall

always be a hacker. Proud to be one...self taught..self ruined..all bad habits are mine alone ! I have absolutely no desire for a professional

fitting,or some stranger giving me a lesson. This old dog can learn new tricks,from listening to you guys, and then digging in the dirt to

make it work for me. I enjoy your input,your conversations and please,all of you,keep them coming !

PS: My wrist will be healed up before the spring thaw. I dont think that oily wrist thing was meant to be used with a tree root near...I shall

remember that..

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

That's funny but true...

[media=]

[/media]

I think I already shared the time in frustration I dumped out the entire contents of "Mom's bowing bag" looking for something that Mrs. scotee asked me to retrieve from her purse. I will NEVER do that again1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

About the only thing I know about women is that one of them not only tolerates me (full-time job) but seems to love me. She's human and makes little mistakes along the way. But I try not keeping score since my "humanness" leads to tons of stumbles.

More with each passage of time, I understand how and why widows and widowers die of a broken heart.

Flip side - that same passage of time brightens the light on enjoying her, friendships, humor, and all that corny motherhood and apple pie stuff.

Words and language... especially as it relates to the internet. This probably just me but I sort of live and die by the sword that runs in the opposite direction of "I can't help how I feel." I "feel" lots of things. I absolutely CAN help how I feel and by God I'm going to do my best to keep tabs on it. Living by the credo "I can't help how I feel" is an excuse for settling into not only selfish/antisocial behaviors, but using words to justify it. Running in the opposite direction causes words to change accordingly. One naturally follows the other.

As to the net - I can't always put the above credo in the same space where my age, frame of reference, search for words are reflective of "feeling" better and healthier things... It is juxtaposed in an ocean of those who find it fun and humorous to click off pot-stirring, snipes, and zingers aimed at others just for the delight of dropping a bomb for grins. It's less about the spelling and grammar (for me) and more about the spirit of it.

We don't always know when a little humor, sarcasm, good clean fun is born of light-hearted fun and when it's tossing out a condescending barb like a drive-by shooting. This is a little more challenging (for me) than I like. Engenders the question about even touching the net at all. Why put yourself in a spot where this very question is even on the table?

But I play on - lol. Just make sure I "feel" ok about when and where I post. Have learned I can't "fix" how anyone else feels. Got my hands full managing that one for myself.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming,

http://www.golfwrx.c.../#entry18550736

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1736496-nick-faldo/#entry18550662

Guilty as charged :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

More snow overnight. Not a lot, but enough to warrant shoveling the walkway I suppose. More on the way tomorrow night they say followed up with another blast of Arctic freeze!

-------------------

There's a discussion going on over whether its play golf or golfing. Hard to believe so many get their knickers in knots over the use of a word, but sure enough that seems to be the case. I detect a distinct disdain for English phrasing that has been popularized by the plethora of Brit commentators on social media. Gaming clubs is another sore spot as is golfing the ball. AS one commentator noted; if we can reach a consensus on how we use these golf related terms then world peace should be a piece of cake! I believe this sort of contentiousness is referred to as First World Problems. :rolleyes:

I do not fret over those type of folks I say what I say and say it like I say it with no apologies. It is where and how one was brought up. We had a fine lady at our church which was from Connecticut ( no knock on anyone from there) and she was a English Professor to boot. She used to get riled up at the way some of us dyed in the wool Southerners said things. I told her one day take a chill pill honey you are in the South now get used to it!!! Funny thing is in the two examples you cited they have the same meaning to anyone regardless of where they are from unless they have less intelligence than a common house fly. I have caught flack in the past on other sections of WRX for using the term "front line gamer clubs". Had to explain it to a guy one night and explained it this way----

If i am messing around for fun I may play any combo of the hundreds ( thousands if you ask my wife) of clubs I have laying around. If we are playing for money then it is serious and I am going to be playing the best I have in the line of fire those are my "front line gamers"

North Carolina where I was born and raised has 3 distinct areas the Western , the Piedmont and Eastern NC. They might as well be 3 different states. The sayings accents and even the methods of BBQ are different. A good one from there is a car trunk. Eastern NC people refer to it as a "boot" which is what the people from across the pond say. In the Piedmont we refer to it as the trunk and the people in the West just say the back of the car or just say put your clubs in the back of the car. But yeah people seem to get worked up over nothing. I will give you one more that is funny. A buddy of mine in the past was from the UP of Michigan and they called saltine crackers "shacks". He asked me what we called them and I told him crackers or just plain Saltines.

North Carolina where I was born and raised has 3 distinct areas the Western , the Piedmont and Eastern NC. They might as well be 3 different states. The sayings accents and even the methods of BBQ are different. A good one from there is a car trunk. Eastern NC people refer to it as a "boot" which is what the people from across the pond say. In the Piedmont we refer to it as the trunk and the people in the West just say the back of the car or just say put your clubs in the back of the car. But yeah people seem to get worked up over nothing. I will give you one more that is funny. A buddy of mine in the past was from the UP of Michigan and they called saltine crackers "shacks". He asked me what we called them and I told him crackers or just plain Saltines.

Probably the same here I guess. I would call them crackers, some would say soda crackers. Some would also call a can of pop a soda. And some wouldn't say pop. I know from being down south where my daughter and son-in-law live that it would be Coke, ok what kind of Coke do you want? ha... Putting your clubs in the back, yeah I would say that too, which is different than the back seat. We used to say grocery sack, now we have to say bag, not sure what happened there. Glove compartment for me, not glove box which might be what gloves came in when they were new. What size engine does that car have, not what size motor.

Not sure where in the US my relatives all go back to. I know originally my relatives go back to England and Ireland. Sometime I think I would like to just go out there

on an early summer morning with a cup of coffee or tea, and just gaze across the land, and listen to this, how refreshing it might be. Might not be your style, not that I would want to listen to this all the time, but when the time is right, it could be very nice...

Suppose each region of the country has unique colloquialisms. Here in Michigan:

It's pop. Unless it's a Vernors (ginger ale).

Glovebox. Simpler to say.

Doorwall (aka glass sliding door).

Up North. Where you go on vacation. Starts around Clare. Unless you go to the Upper Peninsula. Then it's the Yoop.

Trolls. What Yoopers call those that that live below "The Bridge" (Mackinaw Bridge). And it's always Mack-In-Gnaw, regardless of whether its spelled with a C or W.

Clubs are placed "in the back".

Can show someone where we live by using our hands.

Michigan Left. The crazy way of turning around we have here. Turning right to go left.

Pasties are delicious. A pastry filled filled with meat and vegetables.

Everyone knows how to play Euchre.

Party Store. Where we get our adult beverages.

Secretariah State. Where we go to get our driver's license renewed.

FOP's. Effing Ohio people. Or in the SW part of the state, FIP's for those from Illinois.

South Detroit doesn't exist. That's Canada. But there is a Downriver. People also live in the Thumb.

"Yuh Guys". Anyone else. Male or Female. Same as y'all.

Meer. What we look at in the morning.

A Kiddy isn't a child, it's a cat.

"Yoosta". BITD.

"Didja eat lunch?"

Athletic shoes are called "Tennis Shoes".

There are Coney's everywhere.

"Didja pickup some melk while yer at Meijers". Always adding an S to the end of store names.

"The Lake". Whatever great lake one is closest to. Defined as a body of water that you cannot see across.

Off the top of my head and with a bit of help. While waiting for the big snow to start. "Lookit, how my spose'ta sayit?" Immuna go now.

That's funny but true...

[media=]

[/media]

I remember the first time Cobi asked me to fetch something from her purse. I was like "are you

sure you want me to go into your purse?"......prior to with all previous females I had known, a

purse was forbidden territory.

"Sure" she said, giving me permission to go into that secluded place, not only then, but in the

future as well, making sure I understood that after the search I left things the way I found them

and not make a mess in there; which, of course, is impossible, as men can't search neatly for

things in a purse.

I never go into the missus purse, never. Women's purses are indeed a mystery and a frustration to find things in. I recall, when I was a boy, Aunt Mildred would visit us often. She never had children, and unexplainably, children just loved her. Family, neighbors, all kids loved her. My missus is the same way, an aunt to everyone.

Anyhow, when I was a boy, Aunt Mildred's purse was a real mystery. In addition to a wallet and change purse, she had all kinds of items in her purse. Cough drops, candy mints, grooming items, pens, all kinds of stuff that kids are fascinated with. My mother (Mildred's sister) hardly ever carried a purse, was the exact opposite in most things. I recall Aunt Mildred's purses had a unique smell that I never experienced with any other ladies. Her clothes closets and bureau drawers had the same smell, some fragrant soap or something.

The best way I could describe Aunt Mildred would be June Cleaver. Always had her earrings and pearls (costume jewelry) with her dresses. She never wore pants, neither did my mother.

Both Mom and Aunt Mildred were proper ladies, in their different unique ways.

I think we all either had an Aunt Mildred or knew an Aunt Mildred when we were growing up. Your description reminds me of my Aunt Dorothy. There was always something appealing about her. She dressed differently and smelled differently. She worked at the local newspaper at a time that it was rare for married women, especially those with a family, to work. Now granted, my cousins were both away at school by that time which was a bit of a rarity too as they were the first two in our family to go to university in the early 1960's. I learned the hard way to stay out of a lady's purse when I went snooping in my Aunt Dorothy's purse for a piece of gum. She always had gum and always offered me a piece so I thought it would be okay. She was mortified and I was embarrassed to tears when I was caught. I guess everything happens for a reason.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Amazing how a purse defies all laws of the universe. The combined weight and volume of the contents shouldn't fit in there. It should weigh so much once packed-in, shoulders should dislocate. Yet somehow, ten pounds of crap goes in the five pound bag with ease.

Moreover, the mere fact they can go right to anything in there in no time flat, and even more amazingly they totally remember what's on-board.

I can't remember what is/isn't in my wallet. Fumble looking for what I thought should be there, and dump crap on the floor looking for it.

Different laws of the universe must apply to X and Y chromosomes????

I had an aunt Mildred. Actually she was my mom's sister. Made great chicken n' dumplings. Like you said Wrigs, her and my grandma wore dresses, never pants. Pearl necklaces. A cabinet in the kitchen with odd things, spirits of camphor, cod liver oil... moth ball smell in the closets. Did moths really go in there? If they did, moth balls must have killed them off for eternity, either that or they spread the word to go elsewhere to eat stuff. No moths in our closet and I wouldn't know where to buy moth balls, but I can still smell that smell.

I can still smell the spirits of camphor too, slightly off in the distance, as we would sit down at that huge dinner table at my grandmas where we lived after my parents got divorced, I was about 8, and we would sort out sales tax stamps. My mom worked at Penney's so she would have cigar boxes full of sales tax stamps, not sure why. 1Cent 2Cent 5Cent whatever they were. Grandma would help, so would Mildred if she was visiting. Mildreds were required to look like June Cleaver. Mildreds never sweat either. Nothing really ever comes out of them. At least when people are around. Sometimes I think Wrigs that we had the same one, and when you didn't see her, I did.

Had a chiropractic appointment this morning. It isn't too far from our local Golftown, so I headed over there to have a look around on a snowy day as it was already coming down in town.

When I walked into the store it occurred to me that I hadn't been in there in well over a year as the last time I was at a Golftown it was the store near to where my son lives. Our local store has had a bit of a makeover with display cabinetry and shelving rearranged. It took me a minute to get my bearings as to where I might find what I was looking for.

My first sop was the wedge display to look at the new Cleveland CBX wedges specifically. I have had them in hand before, but it has been a while. They didn't have much on hand with only a few 60° lob wedges in right. I grabbed one and was surprised by the light weight despite the big head. The TTDG 115 shaft has definitely got a different feel to it than the old standard TTDG in wedge flex. I took a few practice swings and thought neither highly or lowly of it. More like a wedge is a wedge is a wedge. Obviously the proof would be in the hitting, but that wasn't my intent today.

From there I went to the putting green and was looking for counter-balanced putters around 37"-38". They had a Odyssey Tank #7 in 38" with a Superstroke grip. I quite enjoyed that putter what few balls I rolled with it as it is quite a bit more comfortable with the extra length. Unfortunately, they only had 3 practice balls on hand and two of us were trying to roll putts, so I moved on after 6.

From there I made my way through the various club displays looking at drivers specifically. I stopped to look at the new Cobra F-Max and found those to be not too bad for an ultralight club. All they seemed to have on hand was 10.5° R flex. From there I went onto the Cleveland display and like the wedges mentioned earlier were short on stock with only one right handed club, a 9.5° in stiff.

Callaway has decided to rerelease the XR 16 and there was a large selection of those at a pretty good price, but once again I couldn't find a higher lofted model in A just a whole bunch of 10.5° in R and a couple in S. FWIW, of all the various drivers that I picked up and waggled, this is the one that seemed the most familiar to me. I liked the look of the club, the way it sat and the solid feel it has. Definitely a strong candidate(until I found out that it is only available in R&S).

From there I went to the used club rack and they had a limited selection of drivers most of which had seen plenty of hard use. I was a little taken aback by the asking price versus the condition, but we are talking retail here. There was a TM '17 M2 in 12° and R flex. I was surprised at how light this club was. It almost seemed that there was less head weight with this clubs that the ultralight Cobra I had looked at earlier. The most appropriate club available was a 10.5° Great Big Bertha in A flex and at a considerably better price than the TM. I didn't mind this club. It felt and looked pretty good in hand. I may have been tempted to give a couple of these a hit if I hadn't just come from a chiropractic adjustment.

My final stop was to go to the club making section and check out the grips as they are having a regripping event on right now. The prices are pretty good and it would be great if you were happy with either a Golf Pride or SuperStroke product. They didn't have the specific grips that I was looking for even though they are in stock online.

AS I continued on my way I walked around the rest of the store and noticed a few more changes. The hitting nets are gone as are a couple of bays that have been converted into a Golf Tec learning facility/fitting studio. The store merchandisers have done a pretty good job of disguising the lack of inventory that they have compared to what it used to be like five or six years ago. I got the distinct impression that they were catering to what sold and only really offering the most popular models and sizes. Throw in a few special promotions and that pretty much covers what was on offer.

Still, it wasn't a waste of a trip. I'm going to build myself a counterbalanced long putter. It's just far more comfortable than what I have on hand to use. I'm convinced that will help me with my game about as much as anything taking the pressure off my low back and allowing me to practice a bit to get used to the darned thing. Beyond that a new driver is most likely in order with a senior flex shaft. Whether it's new or used remains to be seen and that will be left for the warmer weather to determine. Those are the two clubs that will get the most use, so that's likely to be the best place to start.

Will any of this happen at Golftown? I doubt it unless I go in there and just happen to get along famously with a new XR 16 or something I find sitting on the used rack. That's not to say that I'm going to boycott the place because i have to buy balls somewhere, but I don't expect to need any of those for a while.

[Added] Just placed my order for a Super Stroke Countercore 2.0 grip (on sale), shaft extension and adhesive from Golfworks. Winter project underway!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Probably the same here I guess. I would call them crackers, some would say soda crackers. Some would also call a can of pop a soda. And some wouldn't say pop. I know from being down south where my daughter and son-in-law live that it would be Coke, ok what kind of Coke do you want? ha... Putting your clubs in the back, yeah I would say that too, which is different than the back seat. We used to say grocery sack, now we have to say bag, not sure what happened there. Glove compartment for me, not glove box which might be what gloves came in when they were new. What size engine does that car have, not what size motor.

Not sure where in the US my relatives all go back to. I know originally my relatives go back to England and Ireland. Sometime I think I would like to just go out there

on an early summer morning with a cup of coffee or tea, and just gaze across the land, and listen to this, how refreshing it might be. Might not be your style, not that I would want to listen to this all the time, but when the time is right, it could be very nice...

[media=]

[/media]

Sixty you can look this one up if you like the difference between a motor and an engine.

A motor gets it's power source from another place ie: an electric motor which gets it's power from electricity which is already generated

A engine produces it's own power ie: gasoline or diesel or waaaay back steam

Another term for an engine down south is a "Mill", Really old timers older than You and I use that term

Depending on where you are from in the South and what you like a soft drink can be a Coke or a Pepsi. My aforementioned buddy from MI they called a soft drink a "Pop".

[Added] Just placed my order for a Super Stroke Countercore 2.0 grip (on sale), shaft extension and adhesive from Golfworks. Winter project underway!

I have the big Super Stroke grip on my putter sco, I really like it. It helps me with my light approach soft grip style. I 'spose I have one most people wouldn't like, the 5.0 Fatso, but I practiced with it for over an hour before I went with it at GolfWorks, and darned if it didn't just repeat better for me than any other grip. I mean the Super Stroke in general, the size of any grip is anybody's call of course, that size just worked for me. Anyway, I don't feel that I have to grip tight on anything, just lightly hold onto it, I feel like with the SS, I hold it identically each time. With a smaller grip I feel like I'd be clamping down so to speak, using muscles and nerves I don't want to use when I putt. I'm a picky putter. Heck, I'd use a 2X4 if I could, with a putter head on the end, only because the wrist/finger muscles and nerves would be freed up and loose/calm. very important to me when I putt.

https://www.golfworks.com/superstroke-fatso-50-putter-grip/p/st0022/

I have the big Super Stroke grip on my putter sco, I really like it. It helps me with my light approach soft grip style. I 'spose I have one most people wouldn't like, the 5.0 Fatso, but I practiced with it for over an hour before I went with it at GolfWorks, and darned if it didn't just repeat better for me than any other grip. I mean the Super Stroke in general, the size of any grip is anybody's call of course, that size just worked for me. Anyway, I don't feel that I have to grip tight on anything, just lightly hold onto it, I feel like with the SS, I hold it identically each time. With a smaller grip I feel like I'd be clamping down so to speak, using muscles and nerves I don't want to use when I putt. I'm a picky putter. Heck, I'd use a 2X4 if I could, with a putter head on the end, only because the wrist/finger muscles and nerves would be freed up and loose/calm. very important to me when I putt.

https://www.golfwork...-grip/p/st0022/

I've had a couple of putters fitted with Super Stroke grips in the past. One had a mid slim 2.0 on it that was similar to the one I just ordered. I'll admit that I'm really not sure how this will play out as I didn't really see any advantage in the thick grips when I used them previously. If anything, I felt as though my feel or touch for distance wasn't as good. WE'll see, but the putter I'm going to build is using the head off of a cut down belly putter so the head weight should be sufficient for counterbalancing. I was quite taken with the putter I was trying out today from a comfort perspective and balance perspective. I believe that Bill had mentioned something similar in that he had a 37" putter that had changed golf for him and his back, so this is something I'm more than happy to put a few bucks into and see how it plays out, after all, you can't learn much from a demonstration beyond a first impression. The real test will come with use over an extended time out on the golf course.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)