Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

In the high 90s again today, desperately need rain, no rain for a month now and everything is brown and dying off. Nothing on the horizon for at least another week. Stay warm Grillers, busy today will read and reply to posts later.

Just for your info,oh warm weather sufferer....it is currently 5 degreesF.....feels like -7......lol...with about 3 inches of frozen snow on top

of frozen water logged lawn ! lol you take care with the weather ...dont over do too much.. paint,enjoy some wine....and i hope you get some

much needed rain !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Still reasonably busy, but, today we have done a little painting and quite a few of the tubes are now almost empty. A visit to the paint shop is required, however when we added up the total we need it is in excess of $450. As an exercise we totalled up roughly how much the paints we have would cost to replace. I have 54 tubes of paint varying sizes and DW has a few more, all up it would cost $4,500 to replace as some can be as much as $80 a tube.

And you think golf is expensive :)

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Still reasonably busy, but, today we have done a little painting and quite a few of the tubes are now almost empty. A visit to the paint shop is required, however when we added up the total we need it is in excess of $450. As an exercise we totalled up roughly how much the paints we have would cost to replace. I have 54 tubes of paint varying sizes and DW has a few more, all up it would cost $4,500 to replace as some can be as much as $80 a tube.

Had no idea Tol. I guess it's been a long time since I painted anything. In college they had us build our own frames and stretch the canvas with rabbit hide glue.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

In the high 90s again today, desperately need rain, no rain for a month now and everything is brown and dying off. Nothing on the horizon for at least another week. Stay warm Grillers, busy today will read and reply to posts later.

Just for your info,oh warm weather sufferer....it is currently 5 degreesF.....feels like -7......lol...with about 3 inches of frozen snow on top

of frozen water logged lawn ! lol you take care with the weather ...dont over do too much.. paint,enjoy some wine....and i hope you get some

much needed rain !

Sounds like a plan.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Thinking back on the leagues (old and young) I have belonged to, ALL had the numerous issues I mentioned in an earlier post. ALL also had good times attributed to their individual leagues. We had good times, unfortunately, sometimes, one dwells on the bad. A product of human nature, I guess.

Cold as can be this morning. Yesterday, the sun came out, and a beautiful afternoon. The neighbor kids were out making snow forts, and throwing snowball battles. I actually enjoyed seeing the children having fun.

Been cooped up too long, between the weather, and the flu.

I have heard on the grapevine the gofers association have changed some of the rules, however I have no idea what the fuss is in the Grille because there can be no change to the OGA rules as there are none, well none that matter.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Had no idea Tol. I guess it's been a long time since I painted anything. In college they had us build our own frames and stretch the canvas with rabbit hide glue.

It was not very expensive when I was using watercolours and acrylic, but the effect you can achieve with oils is far superior. I always felt I could paint but it’s not untill DW and son made me try oils that I found my way. Being a stubourne old idiot sometimes works against you.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

It's not frosty, chilly, cold nor any other such adjectives. The only description that fits this a.m., it's arctic. Temp currently stands at -14* (-25.5* C). Don't recall it getting this low last year. Guess I'll have to break out the down jacket when I venture out later today. Would like to think that it's one more day crossed off in the progression towards spring. But at the moment, seems a long ways off.

Need to look at some warmth this morning.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Not surprised at the cost of painting supplies. My mother did a bit when she was older. We still have a couple of her pieces that I am particularly fond of hanging in the bedroom. I may try it myself one day as I used to have a fair hand when it came to sketching when I was a schoolboy.

You really don't know what you are capable of until you try something. Just because you failed at something earlier in life doesn't necessarily mean that you can't become proficient later in life. My first attempts at golf and skiing were abject failures. I did ski a bit during my college years, but it wasn't until my situation changed in my late 40's that I had time to devote to these pastimes and even managed to become reasonably decent at it.

Singing in the church choir has become the latest foray into the unknown although I did participate in my youth. At the time my cousin described me as enthusiastic, but tin eared. She's still convinced I need a bucket to carry a tune, but we will see... The other are all quite enthusiastic to have another male voice.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Arctic is a good description. We had some cold ones last winter, so I won't say this one tops last year. We had a Wolf Blood Lunar Eclipse last night. When my wife came home from work she was all excited urging me to go outside to have a look. I tried to get a glimpse from the backdoor, but the darned thing was more or less directly over the house!

I've been up since 6:30 and had the fireplace on, supplementing the furnace, the whole time trying to warm the house up, It still hasn't got caught up yet. Mind you, I had the patio doors open for about 5 minutes trying to clear out the snow that had come through the screen door and was built up in the door tracks. Oh the joys of living out in the countryside in a drafty old farmhouse...

DW is off today and is playing in a bonspiel with a group of female curling friends. At some point I'll make my way over to the rink to have a watch at how they're doing.

Now that the wind has died down and everything is set in its place, I'm somewhat surprised that there appears to be as little snow on the flat as there is. It's not going to be an instant mess should we get some more which is on the way Wednesday along with some rain. When we went into the city yesterday there appeared to be considerably more snow on the level than out here. It never ceases to amaze that an indoor mall can have all the parking lots plowed completely clear and salted before the access roads are done. No wonder stuff costs so much at the malls. They must spend a fortune on snow removal!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

It's not frosty, chilly, cold nor any other such adjectives. The only description that fits this a.m., it's arctic. Temp currently stands at -14* (-25.5* C). Don't recall it getting this low last year. Guess I'll have to break out the down jacket when I venture out later today. Would like to think that it's one more day crossed off in the progression towards spring. But at the moment, seems a long ways off.

Spectacular view Fella, where is That?

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Arctic is a good description. We had some cold ones last winter, so I won't say this one tops last year. We had a Wolf Blood Lunar Eclipse last night. When my wife came home from work she was all excited urging me to go outside to have a look. I tried to get a glimpse from the backdoor, but the darned thing was more or less directly over the house!

I've been up since 6:30 and had the fireplace on, supplementing the furnace, the whole time trying to warm the house up, It still hasn't got caught up yet. Mind you, I had the patio doors open for about 5 minutes trying to clear out the snow that had come through the screen door and was built up in the door tracks. Oh the joys of living out in the countryside in a drafty old farmhouse...

DW is off today and is playing in a bonspiel with a group of female curling friends. At some point I'll make my way over to the rink to have a watch at how they're doing.

Now that the wind has died down and everything is set in its place, I'm somewhat surprised that there appears to be as little snow on the flat as there is. It's not going to be an instant mess should we get some more which is on the way Wednesday along with some rain. When we went into the city yesterday there appeared to be considerably more snow on the level than out here. It never ceases to amaze that an indoor mall can have all the parking lots plowed completely clear and salted before the access roads are done. No wonder stuff costs so much at the malls. They must spend a fortune on snow removal!

We have a wood burner in the main area of the house, being an open design it warms all the regularly used areas. When we retire for the night we stack it up with wood then damp it down, it keeps the house warm for morning, we then open the damper, refill and we are set for the day. We cut the wood into 12” lengths with the chain saw then split it with a small hydraulic wood splitter we purchased last winter, much easier than swinging an axe.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

A-Ga-Ming Golf resort, Torch course in northern Michigan. Played it last August on a perfect (80*) summer day. That's Torch Lake in the background. Par 3, 7th hole has an elevated tee with that view. One of my favorite user friendly courses Up North.

https://www.a-ga-ming.com/courses/torch-course

Not surprised at the cost of painting supplies. My mother did a bit when she was older. We still have a couple of her pieces that I am particularly fond of hanging in the bedroom. I may try it myself one day as I used to have a fair hand when it came to sketching when I was a schoolboy.

You really don't know what you are capable of until you try something. Just because you failed at something earlier in life doesn't necessarily mean that you can't become proficient later in life. My first attempts at golf and skiing were abject failures. I did ski a bit during my college years, but it wasn't until my situation changed in my late 40's that I had time to devote to these pastimes and even managed to become reasonably decent at it.

Singing in the church choir has become the latest foray into the unknown although I did participate in my youth. At the time my cousin described me as enthusiastic, but tin eared. She's still convinced I need a bucket to carry a tune, but we will see... The other are all quite enthusiastic to have another male voice.

For you Sco

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

For you Sco

#1 son was always a big fan of Bob Ross. I remember he would watch episodes of his program after school. Bob was always so calm and could seemingly create a masterpiece of artwork in a mere half hour time slot. The way he painted, anyone could do it! And that's not a slight on the quality of his work either; call it oil painting made simple.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

A couple of days ago I mentioned that I had been looking at some clubs, wondering about the merits of the inevitable switch to senior flex, at least in the woods. I also commented that at the current pricing up here due to extremes in exchange, new club purchases weren't likely to be in the immediate future.

Undaunted, I started to look around a bit at online sources and turned to a big player up here in Golfavenue.ca. They deal for the most part in used, sourced largely from Golftown trade ins, but I think that they must get overstock as well. So, with that in mind, a 2017 TM M2 Draw and a pair of Cobra Max fairways all equipped with made for Matrix White Tie shafts in A flex, NOS, still in plastic complete with headcovers and tool for under $600 for the lot! That's quite a bit different than the $1000 I made reference to for OTR current models and less than top line models at that!

Now there's no custom fitting BS and you don't even get to hit them in advance unless you're lucky enough to find an example in a playing partner's hands. Lot of money for a leap of faith. They say everyone makes good clubs now, you just have to get them set-up right. Nothing imminent of course, just a thought that might get some legs if golf becomes more of a reality in the spring.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

A-Ga-Ming Golf resort, Torch course in northern Michigan. Played it last August on a perfect (80*) summer day. That's Torch Lake in the background. Par 3, 7th hole has an elevated tee with that view. One of my favorite user friendly courses Up North.

https://www.a-ga-ming.com/courses/torch-course

Looks like an accurate course, too many water holes for me always leave my shots into the green a little short so I would send quite a lot of balls swimming.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Sco. When your back permits swinging clubs again, perhaps worth a trip to the Golftown store in Hamilton. Try out some of the implements, A/B test R and A flex shafts. Maybe they even have some used clubs that you can swat. Give you a sense of what may be suitable, and then browse back a generation or two for acquisition considerations. Drivers and fairways are not that much different over several versions.

I periodically head to the LGS to swat the new stuff. See what they're all about. Last fall, wanted to test the difference between A flex and R Flex shafts. In the morning hours when they were not to busy. Utilizing a G400 Max head, had them install the same shaft but in the two flexes and took it to the outdoor range for some swats. Discovered that I could co-exist with the A flex quite nicely. Was getting good distance, control was acceptable (although not as tight as the R flex), and could hit a nice baby draw with the A. Although one had to be careful with the softer flex, when overcooking a swing. The draw became a hook if I over did it. Did the same thing on the next visit with a TM M4. Don't remember the exact shaft I was using. The distances and results were about the same. As measured by the Trackman Range setup they have installed at this locale. Think I preferred the Ping over the TM, but that may be just personal bias against TM. The results were similar enough that either one would be acceptable.

Have you thought about browsing for a ULW A flex shaft with a Surefit adapter for your 913? That could be a relatively low cost option for testing the playability. See Bassara A flex shafts going for ~ $50 on the bay.

On the whole, I can still play R flex today without issues. But if I was shopping for "new" implements, would have to give A flex strong consideration. Not just for today, but in the years to come. Seemingly, my golf game and the implements that need to be used is changing with each passing year.

Just a Grille'ster bouncing around some ideas and chatter to another.

A couple of days ago I mentioned that I had been looking at some clubs, wondering about the merits of the inevitable switch to senior flex, at least in the woods. I also commented that at the current pricing up here due to extremes in exchange, new club purchases weren't likely to be in the immediate future.

Undaunted, I started to look around a bit at online sources and turned to a big player up here in Golfavenue.ca. They deal for the most part in used, sourced largely from Golftown trade ins, but I think that they must get overstock as well. So, with that in mind, a 2017 TM M2 Draw and a pair of Cobra Max fairways all equipped with made for Matrix White Tie shafts in A flex, NOS, still in plastic complete with headcovers and tool for under $600 for the lot! That's quite a bit different than the $1000 I made reference to for OTR current models and less than top line models at that!

Now there's no custom fitting BS and you don't even get to hit them in advance unless you're lucky enough to find an example in a playing partner's hands. Lot of money for a leap of faith. They say everyone makes good clubs now, you just have to get them set-up right. Nothing imminent of course, just a thought that might get some legs if golf becomes more of a reality in the spring.

My rule of thumb is buying under $100. Callaway pre owned usually has a good selection of drivers under that amount. All their clubs come with a new grip and new headcover. My R11 and Optiforce were both under $100 delivered, and although in average condition, were very nice. The R11 developed a rattle within 6 months, and they sent me a R11s as free replacement, even sent me a prepaid label to send the other back.

Being thrifty, I cannot justify the prices today, even the sales prices. I allow the $100 prices as mad money, what a round of golf would cost in a more upscale course, (that I'd be too cheap to play.)

A thought.

Have you thought about browsing for a ULW A flex shaft with a Surefit adapter for your 913? That could be a relatively low cost option for testing the playability. See Bassara A flex shafts going for ~ $50 on the bay.

On the whole, I can still play R flex today without issues. But if I was shopping for "new" implements, would have to give A flex strong consideration. Not just for today, but in the years to come. Seemingly, my golf game and the implements that need to be used is changing with each passing year.

Just a Grille'ster bouncing around some ideas and chatter to another.

Buying another shaft for the 913 D2 has been on my mind since I got the darned thing a couple of years ago. Just never got along with the Phenom shaft in R flex all that well. I've looked at both the Bassara and the Diamana Red as possible options in A flex, but no idea which would work best for me. I was hoping to go to a Titleist demo day last year and see if I could get them to put one of the current shafts in it for a test to get some idea how to proceed, but never was up to that sort of a workout.

All of this is moot if my back isn't up to playing at least semi regularly. My hope is to tolerate once a week, but I just don't know. I guess I'm putting my hopes in acupuncture or a miracle. Otherwise I may as well just sell the whole lot and be done with it. Mind you, these -22 days don't help. I had what I thought was a pretty good day yesterday, but just can't seem to string them together. :(

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

My rule of thumb is buying under $100. Callaway pre owned usually has a good selection of drivers under that amount. All their clubs come with a new grip and new headcover. My R11 and Optiforce were both under $100 delivered, and although in average condition, were very nice. The R11 developed a rattle within 6 months, and they sent me a R11s as free replacement, even sent me a prepaid label to send the other back.

Being thrifty, I cannot justify the prices today, even the sales prices. I allow the $100 prices as mad money, what a round of golf would cost in a more upscale course, (that I'd be too cheap to play.)

A thought.

I don't mind paying up for something if I know that I'm going to get use out of it and it works better than what i've been using. Still at $600 drivers, $300 woods and $1500 irons that's getting way beyond what I find tolerable for a bit of enjoyment. I'm not making my living with these things and as Fella has pointed out ; two or three model years old if they can be found as NOS really strikes the chord of up-to-date and value combined as they're about 50% of current OTR.

When I put my wife's bag together I did it with demo clubs and NOS over the course of about three years. The most expensive club in her bag was her putter -- Yes Marilyn -- that we got new for Mother's Day, I think and it was $170. After that we got a bunch of bargains. It helps that she's a lefty and those clubs tend not to get much if any use at demos. I got a Ping Faith driver for $130 with the sticker still on the face. Three Adams hybrids in plastic for $35 a piece and her Callaway Edge irons were $250 with only the 7 iron having been hit once or twice. I found her a graphite shafted Niblick somewhere on-line for <$100 and that was a Christmas present for her short game which has turned out to be the most valuable club in her bag!

When I bought my Ping i25's I figured that they would be the last irons I ever bought. That's why I didn't mind paying full retail for a custom fit set. Turns out that I didn't hit them really any better than a bunch of random sets I'd picked up over the years. It's disappointing to think that they have shed as much value as they have considering they've only really been lightly played as I played a whole lot of vintage rounds in 2016 & 2017.

Truth be told, this upcoming season will most likely be one of discovery. Can I play? How much can I play? What can I play with effectively? WE go from there.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I was looking at the pics and write up of the new Ping G410 drivers. Price is $540. The upward

price spiral in golf clubs continues.

That's a really nice looking hole Fella. I remember seeing the Pure Michigan ads on TV and

all the beautiful golf courses you have up there.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Shafts. What I know with absolute certainty and a quarter might get you a cup of coffee. What don't know is vast enough to fill the universe.

But here is what I believe thus far on the journey.

- They matter as much or more than anything.

- IMO, they have everything to do with the dispersion of misses, trajectory, and potential freedom to work the ball if needed.

- I'm confused a bit about how ALL the variables add up. Weight; stiffness (which varies from brand to brand); torque; flex point; length; yadda). So if one piece of the variables changes, what are the trade-offs? I DO NOT REALLY HAVE A CLUE ON THIS FRONT!!!!

- I no longer believe stiffness should be based entirely on swing speed. That age-old thing about stiff shafts being the province of ONLY longer hitters does NOT 100% apply to me personally. My dispersion of miss to the left or right goes significantly down with a shaft on the stiffer side.

So inside my game, it's more about kick-point, weight, and total length. More by process of elimination than anything, I seek a medium to low kick point, a little lighter weight, about 1/4-1/2" long (compared to the days when clubbs were shorter than today's hardware), a and a lower than usual amount of torque/flex.

Sounds specific, right??? Yes and no. There's a universe of shafts that "might" fit that bill. And again, when you change one fraction of one part of my "specs", I have no honest clue as to what I may have traded off in the process.

LMAO - The smarter I get about club specs, the dumber I ultimately become.

Very nice looking hole indeed Fella. Hoping for spring to make its way here sooner than usual as far as warmth. -6 yesterday morning, now in the 30's today, and upper 40's tomorrow. That's the way the weather is here in ______________ (insert your state, province, territory, what have you) it changes every 5 minutes.

Lots of good club talk today. I'm thinking with looming retirement I'm going to be sticking with the clubs I've got for the next 40 years. um, the government doesn't give out Christmas bonuses, right? ha

Will toss one more broad generalization out there for convo purposes.

This too may well be far more personal perception than fact, but I've come to honestly believe it, FBOW.

No golfer is a purely mechanical while likewise the purely "feel" golfer likewise does not exist, either.

My conivtion about this is born of what I see over and over again in the world around me as well as myself. The feel golfer eventually (sooner or later) does at least something with his club specs, his grip, his swing.... in search of even better "feel".

The analytical/mechanical golfer sooner or later seeks to convert his analysis into a relaxed, calm, flowing, FEEL during execution. The feel golfer simply arrives at the same forks in the road but CHOOSES to favor mechanical fixes under the flag of "feel".

By labeling ourselves, we simply become more comfortable with facing the same forks in the road on the journey everyone faces. It's easier that way. And that's perfectly understandable. Just pointing out that IMO, the polar opposite golfers we sometimes "think" are out there - actually don't exist.

Shafts. What I know with absolute certainty and a quarter might get you a cup of coffee. What don't know is vast enough to fill the universe.

But here is what I believe thus far on the journey.

- They matter as much or more than anything.

- IMO, they have everything to do with the dispersion of misses, trajectory, and potential freedom to work the ball if needed.

- I'm confused a bit about how ALL the variables add up. Weight; stiffness (which varies from brand to brand); torque; flex point; length; yadda). So if one piece of the variables changes, what are the trade-offs? I DO NOT REALLY HAVE A CLUE ON THIS FRONT!!!!

- I no longer believe stiffness should be based entirely on swing speed. That age-old thing about stiff shafts being the province of ONLY longer hitters does NOT 100% apply to me personally. My dispersion of miss to the left or right goes significantly down with a shaft on the stiffer side.

So inside my game, it's more about kick-point, weight, and total length. More by process of elimination than anything, I seek a medium to low kick point, a little lighter weight, about 1/4-1/2" long (compared to the days when clubbs were shorter than today's hardware), a and a lower than usual amount of torque/flex.

Sounds specific, right??? Yes and no. There's a universe of shafts that "might" fit that bill. And again, when you change one fraction of one part of my "specs", I have no honest clue as to what I may have traded off in the process.

LMAO - The smarter I get about club specs, the dumber I ultimately become.

I prefer a stiffer shaft for the long range clubs (driver, FWs and lower lofted hybrids. Accuracy with

the long range clubs is difficult enough and keeping shots in play is paramount.

So, for me, I use a stiffer, but still lower kick shaft, in my driver, 4 wood and 18 and 21 degree hybrids.

From there; whether it be hybrids or irons......and wedges I use a regular flex, low kick shaft. The lower

kick gives me more spin and height on my shots thus what control I give up in using a softer flex shaft,

I gain some of it back with more backspin as backspin is what helps a ball hold it's line through the

air, and add height to the shot, which together creates better distance control for the higher lofted clubs.

Distance control is not the most important thing with driver, FWs and lower lofted hybrids. The most

important thing with those clubs is better dispersion due to the longer distance the ball travels. With

the higher lofted hybrids, irons and wedges, distance control IS the most important factor. Side to side

dispersion is a close 2nd but it is still 2nd.

So there's my logic FWIW on the shafts I choose for each club.

SLED Gemini

A thought.

I don't mind paying up for something if I know that I'm going to get use out of it and it works better than what i've been using. Still at $600 drivers, $300 woods and $1500 irons that's getting way beyond what I find tolerable for a bit of enjoyment. I'm not making my living with these things and as Fella has pointed out ; two or three model years old if they can be found as NOS really strikes the chord of up-to-date and value combined as they're about 50% of current OTR.

When I put my wife's bag together I did it with demo clubs and NOS over the course of about three years. The most expensive club in her bag was her putter -- Yes Marilyn -- that we got new for Mother's Day, I think and it was $170. After that we got a bunch of bargains. It helps that she's a lefty and those clubs tend not to get much if any use at demos. I got a Ping Faith driver for $130 with the sticker still on the face. Three Adams hybrids in plastic for $35 a piece and her Callaway Edge irons were $250 with only the 7 iron having been hit once or twice. I found her a graphite shafted Niblick somewhere on-line for <$100 and that was a Christmas present for her short game which has turned out to be the most valuable club in her bag!

When I bought my Ping i25's I figured that they would be the last irons I ever bought. That's why I didn't mind paying full retail for a custom fit set. Turns out that I didn't hit them really any better than a bunch of random sets I'd picked up over the years. It's disappointing to think that they have shed as much value as they have considering they've only really been lightly played as I played a whole lot of vintage rounds in 2016 & 2017.

Truth be told, this upcoming season will most likely be one of discovery. Can I play? How much can I play? What can I play with effectively? WE go from there.

I do wish you a great 2019 golf season.

As far as equipment, I had no qualms about spending retail. I bought the TI's, and the set of King Cobra woods at full retail back in 1997. Over $2K back then. Good clubs, but surprised I was when I played as well or better with a $9 yard sale set of 1969 Haig Ultras. Regripped them, and still play once in a while.

Since then, I've bought clubs at some major discount, or pre owned. I got the new Callaway X2 Hot irons for $210 in late 2017 from Dicks. God knows how much those cost at full retail. I bought a set of '09 X forged, also new, for $400 delivered, back in 2010, a year old. Best forged I ever played.

Now, no fitting or frills, I know.

I play pretty much the same with any clubs, good golf and bad golf.

I guarantee that my unfitted R11 or Optiforce plays as well as any fitted full retail club I'd decide to buy.

I've had some of my best games with an adjustable iron, and a three wood. I'm not the greatest golfer in the world, can par the course at times, at other times, can't break 100.

No rhyme or reason to my golf.

Of course, the caveat here is that the best logic, or plan, can be in place, so we think, but the

rubber always meets the road when it comes to execution. The plan would be to give ourselves

the best plan for success so that we know that if we execute our plan well, we will be successful.

So much of golf is in our heads so...................less is more when it comes to that part of the game.

Have a plan, then trust in the plan and then know it's just a matter of execution from there. Don't

address the ball until you have, with certainty, boiled it down to just a matter of execution.

SLED Gemini

This whole experience has been a bit of an eye opener to say the least. It brings into focus what is important and what isn't. I know with myself it's about trying to find a way to play period in reasonable comfort so that one wants to play on a regular basis. The quality of play is largely irrelevant. You will simply decide that you're okay with it or you'll quit and look for something else to do.

I suspect that much will change from what I've been used to. It has to. I like Reasy's description of calm and free flowing rather than the old habit of going after it which will undoubtedly die a hard death! Anything that requires work to get an acceptable result will have to go. With that in mind the Titleist 913D2 definitely falls into that camp shafted as it is. At the very minimum a remake of the top end of the bag will be required. The rest of it I can work with as is.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)