Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Just got home and daughter1 got home to Alameda Calif. at the same time. Vacations are great but it sure is nice to be home. Nice tail wind up the Columbia Gorge and pretty much all the way home. 35 mpg in Mrs. scotee's Santa Fe might be a record! Daughter #3 missed her connection in Denver. She is traveling alone with a 5 and 3 year old with a big suitcase, a stroller and kids backpacks etc. I feel bad for her with 2 tired little kids, having to take a shuttle and stay over at a hotel. Then she has to get back to the airport in the morning and now has an additional stop in Houston before she gets home to Memphis.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @scotee said:

> Just got home and daughter1 got home to Alameda Calif. at the same time. Vacations are great but it sure is nice to be home. Nice tail wind up the Columbia Gorge and pretty much all the way home. 35 mpg in Mrs. scotee's Santa Fe might be a record! Daughter #3 missed her connection in Denver. She is traveling alone with a 5 and 3 year old with a big suitcase, a stroller and kids backpacks etc. I feel bad for her with 2 tired little kids, having to take a shuttle and stay over at a hotel. Then she has to get back to the airport in the morning and now has an additional stop in Houston before she gets home to Memphis.

I can relate to the travel woes. When I was down in Miami working one

year I decided to fly to Steamboat Springs, CO to my sister's house there

for Christmas. My mother decided to fly in too, from SoCal.

So I hopped a plane in Miami going to Denver and then I was going to

catch a flight on Rocky Mountain Airways to Steamboat. As soon as we

took off from Miami the Denver airport closed due to too much snow

so the pilot flew us to Atlanta and dumped us there for Christmas eve.

The airline comped me a room at the Marriot and told me to check

back with them in the morning. In the morning DIA was still closed so

the airline said they would fly me back to Miami and refund my airfare,

so I decided to do that.

When I got back to Miami I was thinking "why am I here??" I wanted to

be in Colorado with family....so I bought another ticket to Denver with

a plane change in Houston. When we landed in Houston, I got bumped

off the connecting flight due to some emergency involving getting a

bunch of kids home.......but my luggage and ski gear went on to Denver

without me! and there were no more flights from Houston to Denver

for a few days due to limited runway availability in Denver.

I found out Denver was accepting flights from Salt Lake City so I got

the airline to swap my Denver ticket for a Salt Lake ticket.

So I flew to Salt Lake and got a flight from there to Denver, where I

had to go into a huge room and sort through piles of luggage to find

my own.

I got a flight for the next morning going to Steamboat so I slept again

at an airport, this time on a bench......what an ordeal.

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I never flew commercial airlines except when I was in the service---- I had been in a service school at great Lakes Navy base which was near Chicago. It was around Christmas time and I was going to fly back to Charlotte for the holidays before going back to Norfolk. Now the war in Nam was going on at that time so all military had priority on flights. I met this guy in the airport not much older than I that was a civilian. He had been bumped from a flight. He was going to college somewhere near there. We went to the airline and bumped my seat and gave it to him. At that stage of my life I wanted away from that dammed golf course and my old man and step mom anyhow. I was not going to sleep in the airport so I caught a cab back to base where I could get a billet ( as in room and board and hot food) Got there and checked into the BEQ (Bachelor Enlisted Quarters). There was a LT Commander there checking me in. I told him what was going on. There was no one else in the BEQ. He lived on base and one of his jobs was he was in charge of the BEQ. Someone had to stand watch so there he was. I ended up taking the watch and he went home to his wife and kids for Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner. The next day he and his family came in and brought me home Made Christmas dinner. Had Christmas dinner there with his family. It was actually one of the best Christmas I ever spent. I was alone during the watch some 12 hours but for some reason I relished the solitude. I know when he came back on watch I got a room and slept 12 hours. Stayed there 3 days and booked a flight directly to Norfolk. I knew my folks were sorta steamed I told them a sudden assignment had came up. The next year I spent Christmas on a riverboat base near Da Nang . That was fine too because I still had my hang up about going home----- Now before anyone gives me hero status I did what I wanted do because I thought it was the right thing to do at the time and honestly I did not want to go home anyway.

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @scotee said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > > @billh17 said:

> > > > Was playing in a yearly outing,money to charity type. Well,a lot of guys were ,shall we say,having a few along the way.

> > > > We were sitting on the tee,waiting to hit,on a Par 4,all down hill. We had a clear view of the fairway,and these two guys got out of the cart,and one was taking his pre shot moves, when their cart started rolling. We could see it from way up on the hilltop,but they apparently did not notice it until it had a real good start off to their left side. They took off after the cart,gaining on it,until it came to the REALLY steep area,and it took off,with one guy falling

> > > > and rolling down the hill,. Ended up the cart in the pond,one guy with a bruised arm,the other almost had a stroke from the run,and twelve guys from around the course rolling on the ground laughing !

> > >

> > > My buggy took off one day but I was fast enough to catch it, made me check the brake several times before I walked away afterwards. A failure to stop it would have been wet.

> >

> > I may have told my golf cart story before. I can’t remember. I was moving my cart home from my cart shed at our local muni in the town where I worked. I loaded it on the tilt bed trailer but did not have the cinch strap that I used to tie it down. The front wheels sit down in a well at the front of the trailer so it is pretty secure especially with the brake on. I did not have anything else to tie it with so I just headed up the road 10 miles to my house in the country. I turned off of the highway less than a mile from home and went about 500 ft. when I looked in the rear view mirror just in time to see the cart go off the back of the trailer and follow me at 45 miles an hour for a short way and then make a sharp right turn, go down into a little ditch and then up a steep dirt bank and roll over at least once with pieces of plastic flying off.

> >

> > I was so stunned and flustered that I put the car in reverse to quickly get back to the wreck and completely forgot about the trailer which I could not see without the cart on it. I jackknifed the trailer and tore a big gash in the rear quarter panel of the Chevy Suburban. I got it loaded and ended up having it taken to the place I had purchased it at. It was a used 1993 reconditioned gas Club Car. it was reconditioned once again. I was not happy! Try explaining that to your insurance agent! I think that my golf shoes were on the seat and must have fallen off when I went over a small bump in the road and hit the gas peddle which would have unlocked the brake. I still have the cart and learned a lesson. In hindsight I should have at least taken off my belt to strap the cart to the trailer. If I had been really thinking quickly I could have hit the brake to keep the thing from going off of the trailer but it all happened so fast and yet so much in slow motion. I re-lived that scene for weeks but was so glad it did not happen on the highway and that no one was hurt.

>

> I don't remember you telling this story before. Those were some

> calamitous mishaps! Last year I pulled into the yard at work to

> load my stuff into my tractor. It was dark out and when I finished

> I promptly backed my pickup into another tractor. Didn't hurt

> the tractor but broke my tail light, bent my rear quarter panel

> and tail gate.

>

> I don't know what the final repair cost was but it did cost me

> a $500 deductible. Just a flat out brain ****.

Trust me that is called road jazz----- Anyone that has drove a truck any length of time has had that--- When one is in that mode the brain fartz come easily--- I backed into my tractor one night with my Toyota Pick up ---- Had a tube bumper on the Pick up bent the bumper but knocked a hole in the fuel tank. Bad part it was both my tractor and pick up. Lucky for me I had ran the fuel down and that tank was empty. I was also lucky I had a junked International tractor at a bud's place so I pulled a fuel tank there to replace it. Toyota bumper hook a chain to the pull hooks on the tractor and bent it back around

• Like 2

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @scotee said:

> > We are on a little family vacation in Bend Oregon. All four daughters and sons in law and eight grandkids. Yes, we have to rent a big house. Mrs. scotee and I came down the night before and stayed in a hotel. Noah the golfer son in law that I have talked about called that night and said he could get a tee time at a public course that we had played before. He said he would leave Portland early and pick me up. Mrs. scotee was happy enough to get rid of me while she did the last minute Costco run.

> >

> > So Noah and I headed down the road but I told him he was going the wrong way. He ignored me while following his GPS and we soon pulled into the gate at Crosswater, the former home of the Jeld Wen Tradition golf tournament. I remember watching a Shells Wonderful World of Golf match on TV there in 1999 with Fred Couples and John Daly.

> >

> > Anyway Noah flat out lied to me. He had made arrangements for us to play there as a retirement gift to me. Wow! what a beautiful course and a great day. He played from the blacks and shot one under par. I hit some great shots but had too many blow up holes to score anywhere near my handicap. This is the signature 12th with Mt. Bachelor in the background. 687 yard par 5. At over 4000 ft. elev. and 85 degrees the ball does go a long way. Oh and we get to play the muni tomorrow.

> >

> > dbmauchvlltp.png

> >

> > 9hvzxz88xgk3.png

> >

> >

>

> That is awesome! Great pics and sounds wonderful.

>

> Hope all you gents are well, I know it’s been a while since I walked through the saloon doors ; )

>

> Hey, ever make one of the best shots of your life. But *nobody saw it? Your partners are all over finding their own ball and you’re alone and just make that insane swing and pull it off?

>

> For me, I remember hitting an approach shot that landed about 10 yards behind a tree that was 20 yards right of the green. The tree was right between me and the pin.

>

> Basically no shot, was like hitting the ball up at like an 80* angle as hard as you can to clear the tree. Or chip out.

>

> Well, they say....the Lord hates a coward, right?

>

> Nobody watching, I took the SW, and take a wide stance and literally swing like Babe Ruth right under the ball.

>

> Think my arms flew out of their sockets. Swoosh! See the ball heading skyward. Up up....then can’t see it but hear the Thud!

>

> On the green!

>

> Missed the putt, of course ; )

>

> Cheers, fine fellows, my best to you and yours.

>

>

>

>

I use that quote all the time "The Lord hates a coward" to which my running partner Bear will say " he hates an idiot too"

• Like 2

> @billh17 said:

> Wriggs has found the fountain of youth ! Like me and my irons,he is probably wondering why he did not find this shaft length combo a long time ago ! Tell me how a 260 yard drive feels/looks Wriggs !

Exactly, Bill. First thing I thought of, was how far I'd be hitting 25 years ago. But, I did extend driver shafts in the last 10-15 years, mostly 3 woods, and wooden woods. Distance would increase somewhat. I extended a R11 3W that I could not hit, almost pitched it into the lake. Extended it to driver length, and get around 200 yards optimistically.

The 260 driver feels solid, trajectory, pretty high. BUT, first bounce is high due to the dryer fairways. The bounce probably accounts for most of the added distance.

I will say, in the last few days, i can't wait to get back out there.

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> I never flew commercial airlines except when I was in the service---- I had been in a service school at great Lakes Navy base which was near Chicago. It was around Christmas time and I was going to fly back to Charlotte for the holidays before going back to Norfolk. Now the war in Nam was going on at that time so all military had priority on flights. I met this guy in the airport not much older than I that was a civilian. He had been bumped from a flight. He was going to college somewhere near there. We went to the airline and bumped my seat and gave it to him. At that stage of my life I wanted away from that dammed golf course and my old man and step mom anyhow. I was not going to sleep in the airport so I caught a cab back to base where I could get a billet ( as in room and board and hot food) Got there and checked into the BEQ (Bachelor Enlisted Quarters). There was a LT Commander there checking me in. I told him what was going on. There was no one else in the BEQ. He lived on base and one of his jobs was he was in charge of the BEQ. Someone had to stand watch so there he was. I ended up taking the watch and he went home to his wife and kids for Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner. The next day he and his family came in and brought me home Made Christmas dinner. Had Christmas dinner there with his family. It was actually one of the best Christmas I ever spent. I was alone during the watch some 12 hours but for some reason I relished the solitude. I know when he came back on watch I got a room and slept 12 hours. Stayed there 3 days and booked a flight directly to Norfolk. I knew my folks were sorta steamed I told them a sudden assignment had came up. The next year I spent Christmas on a riverboat base near Da Nang . That was fine too because I still had my hang up about going home----- Now before anyone gives me hero status I did what I wanted do because I thought it was the right thing to do at the time and honestly I did not want to go home anyway.

The officer and his family made that Christmas wonderful. Couldn't ask for anything nicer. Thanksgiving dinner was always my favorite holiday dinner, to this day. I recall my first military Thanksgiving in Fort Knox, a great dinner with all the trimmings.

BUT, I couldn't wait to come home, discharged from the service. Always was careful about reserve obligations. Didn't want to be activated again. Really something, how after a two year hitch, they could still conscript you back in for missing meetings.

I always considered the year after I came home, before I became employed at the steel mill, the best year of my life. Money in my pocket, and loaf time to do what I wanted.

• Like 2

I did not know about reserve obligations---- I got out early due to the "war" in Nam ending---- Basically early discharge---- But much to my surprise my whole unit ( riverboat maintenance ) got reactivated for Grenada in 80---- Come to find out the Navy did not know if the new type boats could do the job at Grenada. Had us up in Philly getting the old style patrol boats out of mothballs just in case. We spent 6 weeks getting 5 boats ready to go. The found out the new boats would work fine. We spent the next 6 weeks putting the old ones back into mothballs. Naval Intelligence at work. I had a sorta hot streak going in Florida at the time and needless to say was really pissed off. Was back in for 16 weeks total never got near my hot streak again. What made me the maddest I had to cut my hair.

• Like 2

There was this guy in the Reserves with me that looked like the comedian Marty Allen. The curly type hair, on the heavy side, looked just like Marty. I used to greet him with "Hello Dere." Anyhow, this guy was activated for missing meetings, and sent to Fort Jackson. Several months later, he was back at a Reserve meeting. Don't know the terminology, but he was the primary source of a syphilis epidemic at Fort Jackson. The US Army didn't want him, and sent him back to us.

I stayed clear of him.

Hitting the super driver still pretty well. Paced off 255 on one hole. First bounce must be 10 foot high, so that probably accounts for the super distance. But still, don't ever recall hitting this well, hitting wedges on approach shots. (The course is a shorter (around 3,000 yards) tract.

• Like 2

Walked down to the marina last night after dinner. That's where the real money is in this lakefront town. It was only 20 minutes from our front door. About the same as the old downtown area, just in the opposite direction.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Walked down to the marina last night after dinner. That's where the real money is in this lakefront town. It was only 20 minutes from our front door. About the same as the old downtown area, just in the opposite direction.

>

Very nice Sco! We feel that way when visiting places like that. I always wonder where all that money came from. We went to Roche Harbor in the San Juan Islands in the Puget Sound and were amazed at all the big yachts, some with helicopters and big speed boats parked up on the decks.

Question: Your post had a link to your picture that pops up almost full screen. My picture posts are usually smaller and no link. What is the difference?

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @scotee said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Walked down to the marina last night after dinner. That's where the real money is in this lakefront town. It was only 20 minutes from our front door. About the same as the old downtown area, just in the opposite direction.

> >

>

> Very nice Sco! We feel that way when visiting places like that. I always wonder where all that money came from. We went to Roche Harbor in the San Juan Islands in the Puget Sound and were amazed at all the big yachts, some with helicopters and big speed boats parked up on the decks.

> Question: Your post had a link to your picture that pops up almost full screen. My picture posts are usually smaller and no link. What is the difference?

I don't know, scotee. All I can tell you is that I'm posting from my phone using a photo I took with it. There were no adjustments made. I hope to have internet up and running by Wednesday so should be back to normal posting activity shortly thereafter.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

We're starting to get comfortable in our new digs. Learning where to go for what and the like.

Have now met most of the immediate neighbors; a selection of folks of differing demographics and backgrounds.

We have a Cuban family on the street that throws a big Cinqo de Maio party every year, so that will be something to look forward to. Not a lot of kids in the neighborhood, but there are a few.

All in all we're very happy with the move! ?

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Scomac if those Cuban folks can cook like some I met in Florida then you are in for a culinary treat. I had some Cuban neighbors when I was staying in Winter Park way back in the day. We had 3 of us mini tour guys staying in a friend of mine's trailer. We paid the Mom to help clean the trailer. Any time they cooked out and had friends over they invited us. Of course they came to some of our parties too---- Good Folks

• Like 1

Got back on the course for 9 holes yesterday in men's league. It was the first time I had swung a club in 3 weeks and it showed!

Managed a couple of pars, but a few too many doubles. Couldn't really get in a rhythm as pace of play was at a snail's pace. Came home with the quarters for closest to the pin on 7. That's the second time for that in 7 rounds so far.

Nevertheless, it was an enjoyable holiday Monday spent on the links. I played with our convever, Ed who had knee replacement surgery in March and is going in for the second one later this month.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Tour seems a little dull this year. Lots of first time winners, which

is good, but the names are unknown to most.

Highlight for me was Tiger winning the Masters.....and nice to see

the resurgence of Rory. I suppose, like many, I was hoping to see

Tiger play more and win more and perhaps these not happening is

the reason for the seeming letdown this season.

I guess I was hoping for some epic battles and more excitement

with Tiger in the mix more. Oh well, perhaps the playoffs will offer

some excitement..and then, of couse, there is next year.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

Sand sculpture...........incredible

6sox0enqfrgp.png

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

I must confess. I hit the new M4 my daughter got me,and kept the stock 45 3/4" shaft in.

For 9 swings. I know it was my fault,but it was an awful experience. Left,right,short,only one decent hit out of the 9. And it wasn't any longer than my R1 . Since it was a Taylormade product, I wondered if the shaft in the R1 would work in the adapter. And it did. I proceededto give it another shot. And another. It was a totally different animal. I picked up a few yards when struck well, but the direction was the thing. I do believe the old man has an updated

driver in the bag ! I like the feel,looks,sound and I never would have thought changing the

shaft would make such a major difference. I'm sure Stu and Reason will know why,but i'm a believer in getting the right one now .

For Wriggs and Rad : 225.228.234,238,243,245,240 not bad for a nearly 73 oldtimer !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> I must confess. I hit the new M4 my daughter got me,and kept the stock 45 3/4" shaft in.

> For 9 swings. I know it was my fault,but it was an awful experience. Left,right,short,only one decent hit out of the 9. And it wasn't any longer than my R1 . Since it was a Taylormade product, I wondered if the shaft in the R1 would work in the adapter. And it did. I proceededto give it another shot. And another. It was a totally different animal. I picked up a few yards when struck well, but the direction was the thing. I do believe the old man has an updated

> driver in the bag ! I like the feel,looks,sound and I never would have thought changing the

> shaft would make such a major difference. I'm sure Stu and Reason will know why,but i'm a believer in getting the right one now .

> For Wriggs and Rad : 225.228.234,238,243,245,240 not bad for a nearly 73 oldtimer !

Pretty good distances for me at 57 Bill. I need hard turf, a tail wind and downhill slope, to get one past 240.

• Like 2

> @billh17 said:

> I must confess. I hit the new M4 my daughter got me,and kept the stock 45 3/4" shaft in.

> For 9 swings. I know it was my fault,but it was an awful experience. Left,right,short,only one decent hit out of the 9. And it wasn't any longer than my R1 . Since it was a Taylormade product, I wondered if the shaft in the R1 would work in the adapter. And it did. I proceededto give it another shot. And another. It was a totally different animal. I picked up a few yards when struck well, but the direction was the thing. I do believe the old man has an updated

> driver in the bag ! I like the feel,looks,sound and I never would have thought changing the

> shaft would make such a major difference. I'm sure Stu and Reason will know why,but i'm a believer in getting the right one now .

> For Wriggs and Rad : 225.228.234,238,243,245,240 not bad for a nearly 73 oldtimer !

Great distances! About the same as I'm now getting with my new shaft, on average. Seems for me, first bounce must be 10 foot high, though. My 85 year old pal always said that the shaft is everything. Twenty years ago, he could hit a 7 wood farther than a driver. It was unreal.

I'd say on average, I've picked up around 20-25 more yards. I'm hitting my extended length R11 3W over 200, maybe 220 max.

The first hole is a 450 yard par 4. I usually play it as a par 5. With the "new" driver, and the 3W, I was on in two yesterday, two putt, for a modified birdie, or a regulation par. All week, i was a chip shot into the green.

BUT, as I said, the hard fairways are the major factor.

Play well.

• Like 2

You guys hitting those sort of yardages off the tee are beasts! I have been getting it out pretty good for myself lately, but nothing like that. I may have had one from an elevated tee go 230, but it was a one off.

I agree though about the shaft. Since switching to Sr. flex in the woods it has been a difference maker.

The cable company is scheduled to install our services today at the new place. Looking forward to finally getting wifi and TV back.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @BicknellCC said:

> > @billh17 said:

> > I must confess. I hit the new M4 my daughter got me,and kept the stock 45 3/4" shaft in.

> > For 9 swings. I know it was my fault,but it was an awful experience. Left,right,short,only one decent hit out of the 9. And it wasn't any longer than my R1 . Since it was a Taylormade product, I wondered if the shaft in the R1 would work in the adapter. And it did. I proceededto give it another shot. And another. It was a totally different animal. I picked up a few yards when struck well, but the direction was the thing. I do believe the old man has an updated

> > driver in the bag ! I like the feel,looks,sound and I never would have thought changing the

> > shaft would make such a major difference. I'm sure Stu and Reason will know why,but i'm a believer in getting the right one now .

> > For Wriggs and Rad : 225.228.234,238,243,245,240 not bad for a nearly 73 oldtimer !

>

>

> Pretty good distances for me at 57 Bill. I need hard turf, a tail wind and downhill slope, to get one past 240.

Well...i had the hard turf,and the longest were with a little tail wind. I have no illusions that

i will be that long tomorrow. My normal 220/225 will keep me smiling !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Huston, we have lift-off! Cable is hooked up and I've got two TVs up and running along with WiFi and VOIP phone.

It was pretty quick actually. The techs were about an hour and a half tops. It's not a real custom finished set-up as the cable company no longer does finished jacks. You have to get a contractor in beforehand to do that. Perhaps a winter project. I'm sure glad we put the computer where we did despite the protests on DW. There will probably be hell to pay for where I hooked up the second TV. No accounting for practicalites when astetics are at stake!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @billh17 said:

I will try to explain it. Really it is simple for some reason that shaft is the right weight and flex for you. Back in the day for me with graphite it was always those old Pro Force 65 stiff ones. When they quit making them I scrounged flea markets, yard sales and thrift stores for them. I stock piled quite a few. Now I can not swing those stiff things. My fairway shafts now are Mitsu Diamina R except the Homna driver which has a stock regular shaft. In the old Adams hybrid I have the Pro Launch red which came in it but someone somewhere over time has tweaked it and it is a rocket. My backup Titleist 915 D-2 has the Diamana shaft too. I did a trade deal and got a Nike Vapor driver not for the head but for the shaft. Your body subconsciously knows when you find the right shaft for you. For me it is the feel both in the back swing and at impact

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @billh17 said:

> > I must confess. I hit the new M4 my daughter got me,and kept the stock 45 3/4" shaft in.

> > For 9 swings. I know it was my fault,but it was an awful experience. Left,right,short,only one decent hit out of the 9. And it wasn't any longer than my R1 . Since it was a Taylormade product, I wondered if the shaft in the R1 would work in the adapter. And it did. I proceededto give it another shot. And another. It was a totally different animal. I picked up a few yards when struck well, but the direction was the thing. I do believe the old man has an updated

> > driver in the bag ! I like the feel,looks,sound and I never would have thought changing the

> > shaft would make such a major difference. I'm sure Stu and Reason will know why,but i'm a believer in getting the right one now .

> > For Wriggs and Rad : 225.228.234,238,243,245,240 not bad for a nearly 73 oldtimer !

>

> I will try to explain it. Really it is simple for some reason that shaft is the right weight and flex for you. Back in the day for me with graphite it was always those old Pro Force 65 stiff ones. When they quit making them I scrounged flea markets, yard sales and thrift stores for them. I stock piled quite a few. Now I can not swing those stiff things. My fairway shafts now are Mitsu Diamina R except the Homna driver which has a stock regular shaft. In the old Adams hybrid I have the Pro Launch red which came in it but someone somewhere over time has tweaked it and it is a rocket. My backup Titleist 915 D-2 has the Diamana shaft too. I did a trade deal and got a Nike Vapor driver not for the head but for the shaft. Your body subconsciously knows when you find the right shaft for you. For me it is the feel both in the back swing and at impact

Totally agree. The right shaft just feels right and inspires confidence.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

Back for one post today, lots of catching up to do. Good news is son does not require surgery on his leg, bad news is because of the position he cannot put any weight in it so he is with two crutches and cannot do anything to help himself. We have been driving him to appointments, time is just flying away and posting in the Grille is one of my casualties along with my resurgent golf and painting. Prognosis is five weeks to weight on leg then two month exercise routine, his company have set him up to work from home so his future employment is good, it has been known in Australia to be dismissed for long term illness or accident recovery.

Everyone stay safe, Sco don’t do too much, plenty of time now.

Cheers for now Tol

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I'm starting to look forward to fall already. Of course, when it

gets here I'll be missing summer, primarily the longer days and

not so much the heat and humidity.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)