I Am Missing The ___ Iron to Finish My Set Of ___

TimV

Didn't see it on the google doc, but I know a lot of people enjoy Macgregors. This is at the goodwill now. I can drop by again and get it for you, if you need this. Lots of wear it seems.

Juice-

You have a 1952 MacGregor Winged MT M85 Double Service (DS) Wedge.

The Original Wingback design. RH Only.

The wear mark in the scoring lines are indicative of a pretty good player.

If it had the original red leather grip....

Compare it to the Taylor Made Wingback design.....50 years later.

Rex, I have the same club in my hands right now. I think the one that Juice was looking at had been reshafted since the ferrule doesn't appear to be Mac OEM. Mine is with the True Temper Tourney shaft, red leather grip and DUAL, PARALLEL, HORIZONTAL SCORING LINES PERPENDICULAR to the grooves. Also, it has a blue PGA shaft label with the name, CHUCK JOHNSON - PRO, Butterfield C.C., Hinsdale, Illinois.

PICTURES TO BE ADDED.

CHASING CLASSIC CLUBS

Does anyone here have a Titleist 690 CB: 3 and 7 iron? The 7 is the more critical of the two. Thanks!

All Forged, all the time.
The Sets that see regular playing time...
67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

Remove my request for the Spalding Tour Edition pw from the list, please. fluffy265 had what I needed.

Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila UST V2
Golfsmith Jetstream 3W UST V2
Titleist 915H 3 Diamana

Titleist 915H 4 Diamana
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart
Titleist SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber
Cleveland HB 11S

SkyCaddie SX400

Great thread idea. I have a rack full of old clubs, most of which none of you have mentioned, like The Standard.

Anyway, I'd love to find an F, L, and S for the 2006 Hogan Apex Edge irons. The S is less important, since I have the Sure Out.

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
PING G400 Driver 10.5*

TaylorMade Burner 3-wood and 5-wood REAX reg graphite

Mizuno MX-23 forged 5-PW, Mizuno forged SW, GW, LW

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot Rossie 36" --  Ball: TP5 X

54/55 WILSON STAFF HARMONIZED DYNA WEIGHT TOP NOTCH *STAINLESS*

I need the 9 iron... I'm begging!

s-l1600%201_zpslt4v3pgf.jpg

s-l1600_zpslgozotse.jpg

67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

Still looking. Need a stainless model in decent shape. The 9 on DuhBay wasn't stainless and was very rough.

Tim,

Go to ironfinder.com and request the club.

Finding them in stainless is very difficult, I looked for one for many years, not stainless is not anywhere as rare

I have a couple sets of Stainless Top Notch and cleaned up they are beautiful clubs

Just last week found a set of Top Notch 2-9, not stainless that someone rechromed, they were on old rusty shafts, pulled the heads and will reshaft them on newer shafts. I had an extra Pitching wedge will have rechromed to fill the set, Very attractive looking clubs when restored

Heartbroken. My DuhBay seller informed me that she accidentally dropped my 54/55 Wilson Staff Top Notch *Stainless* set off at Goodwill last night and can't recover them. Apparently she checked this morning and they had been picked up by a GW truck and could now be headed to any one of the many GW stores in South Florida. Manager said he had no way to find out where they were going.

Heartbroken. My DuhBay seller informed me that she accidentally dropped my 54/55 Wilson Staff Top Notch *Stainless* set off at Goodwill last night and can't recover them. Apparently she checked this morning and they had been picked up by a GW truck and could now be headed to any one of the many GW stores in South Florida. Manager said he had no way to find out where they were going.

WHAT THE ???

I've never heard of that occurring before!

CHASING CLASSIC CLUBS

:(

WHAT THE ???

I've never heard of that occurring before!

Something similar happened to me about 10 years ago. I had made a BIN order on eBay for a Tour Edge 7W and paid for it. The next day I received an e-mail from the seller informing me that the item had already been sold at their store. He offered to replace it with another 7W, different make and model, supposedly better, but I declined. He then responded that he would do the transaction for a 50% discount. I still declined because I wasn't interested in what he was offering sight unseen; I wanted the one that I had bought!

I got a full refund no problem. He pestered me for a week to give positive feedback. I declined that as well.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Updated Wanted List:

Still need Palmer Tru-matic 3 & 5 Irons in Steel Shafted

Still need Titleist 690CB 3 & 7 irons steel shafted stiff flex prefered

Newly needed a Ping Eye 2 Sand Wedge surely someone here has they can spare and I would be happy to trade other extra Eye 2's I have or whatever else I may have that you need. Thanks!

OK, Updated Wanted List:

Newly needed a Ping Eye 2 Sand Wedge surely someone here has they can spare and I would be happy to trade other extra Eye 2's I have or whatever else I may have that you need. Thanks!

Is there a preferred dot or length for the sand wedge?

OK, Updated Wanted List:

Is there a preferred dot or length for the sand wedge?

Prefer Black Dot but not horribly choosy. I can adjust length as needed. Thanks for asking!

Looking for an 8 iron to fill out a set of '68 MacGregor VIP irons. This is a set with he smaller of the two _by_Nicklaus stampings. Ideally, I would be looking for a #2 shaft, but that isn't all that critical for the right club. If you wouldn't mind adding this to the spreadsheet, I would appreciate it. Thanks to anyone who may potentially be able to help.

Please change my request for an F, L, S wedges for the Hogan Apex Edge 2006 irons to the same clubs but the 2002 irons. Thanks.

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
PING G400 Driver 10.5*

TaylorMade Burner 3-wood and 5-wood REAX reg graphite

Mizuno MX-23 forged 5-PW, Mizuno forged SW, GW, LW

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot Rossie 36" --  Ball: TP5 X

Hey guys...no looking particularly for one iron...i would love to get my hands on a set of Hagen ultradyne black or red buttons...there have been a couple of sets on the "bay" that i've kicked myself for not picking up. However, the wife would have my hide when the box showed up at the house or the credit card bill came due so i wouldn't mind keeping this on the QT or down low if your younger than 40...

anyway thanks guys...

• 3 weeks later...

Apex Redline 6 iron

Apex 3

G-vg

Goodwill had a short set 5-E donated dirty and

I being more selective nowadays decided to only take the E and cleanest/least used 5 iron

Thought i saw brassing on clubfaces

Turns out theyre much nicer than expected and go back for the rest next day

Someone took the 6

It being the least used looking of the rest

I suppose

Feel better than than mp-29 imo