2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

Bottom line for me is the Lamb putters are very nice but nothing original that anyone else has not done just as good or better. I don't see that he has earned respect but wants it given to him and assumes everyone will rejoice at having the opportunity to own one.

Not to mention the $$$$$ cost of the brand. I'll stick with Byron's or David Mills putters, thanks!

fair enough. but betwenn you, me and everyone else on WRX......has anyone aside from Karsten really reinvented the putter wheel? can it even be reinvented in terms of blade style putters? and even if could who would have the financial backing to get it out on tour with out an OEM backer placing it there. with blades they can only be so forgiving and the technology of MOI can only extend so far. everyone has tried new materials from copper, to lead, to wood, to brass and so on and so forth.....is tempered glass the answer? im sure its been tried. you are correct that sticks can be had by other great craftman for less money, thats not even disputable.....but what have they done on tour or in the golf market? does the regular weekend warrior golfer not on a forum even know who byron, piretti, mann, mills, buzzelli, edel, bradley, lamb even are? doubtful. they may know Toulon now with the callaway deal, but even then most only know odysey, ping, and cameron. because thats what is in their face at Dicks etc. they can barely fathom spending $350 let alone 4k on a cameron. most people dont even know what a tour cameron is and Scotty has been around 20+ years. this market is a niche market and a gamble. buy what you like and collect what you like. but dont ever get mad at someone charging somehting you cant fathom paying when there are plenty of others who have no issue with it.....and not because of the makers.....because it marginalizes us who spend these ungodly sums as dope heads. and perhaps we are, but i buy Audemars because it makes me feel cool when my wife tells me im not. i buy boutique putter makers for the same reason. i like fuctional art and i rather spend my money on those rather then IBM and Apple stock or frozen orange juice concentrate commodities.

Bottom line for me is the Lamb putters are very nice but nothing original that anyone else has not done just as good or better. I don't see that he has earned respect but wants it given to him and assumes everyone will rejoice at having the opportunity to own one.

Not to mention the $$$$$ cost of the brand. I'll stick with Byron's or David Mills putters, thanks!

fair enough. but betwenn you, me and everyone else on WRX......has anyone aside from Karsten really reinvented the putter wheel? can it even be reinvented in terms of blade style putters? and even if could who would have the financial backing to get it out on tour with out an OEM backer placing it there. with blades they can only be so forgiving and the technology of MOI can only extend so far. everyone has tried new materials from copper, to lead, to wood, to brass and so on and so forth.....is tempered glass the answer? im sure its been tried. you are correct that sticks can be had by other great craftman for less money, thats not even disputable.....but what have they done on tour or in the golf market? does the regular weekend warrior golfer not on a forum even know who byron, piretti, mann, mills, buzzelli, edel, bradley, lamb even are? doubtful. they may know Toulon now with the callaway deal, but even then most only know odysey, ping, and cameron. because thats what is in their face at Dicks etc. they can barely fathom spending $350 let alone 4k on a cameron. most people dont even know what a tour cameron is and Scotty has been around 20+ years. this market is a niche market and a gamble. buy what you like and collect what you like. but dont ever get mad at someone charging somehting you cant fathom paying when there are plenty of others who have no issue with it.....and not because of the makers.....because it marginalizes us who spend these ungodly sums as dope heads. and perhaps we are, but i buy Audemars because it makes me feel cool when my wife tells me im not. i buy boutique putter makers for the same reason. i like fuctional art and i rather spend my money on those rather then IBM and Apple stock or frozen orange juice concentrate commodities.

Good points. Would say David and TP MIlls have several original designs unlike the designs of Karstens. I would put the look and feel of this Ming against any takers out there. While the Ming may be considered an Anser style the SoftTail is all David Mills as well as many others models of his and his late fathers

This one was priced far far below what you would expect to pay for one of the customs by Lamb.

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These putters seem to force everyone to curse more. What's up with that?

I'll give credit where it's due. Initially, I was put off by the brand, but respect the craft and initiative. He has some of the best designs/quality headcovers I've seen lately.

What's most troubling for me, is that I can't bring myself to purchase headcovers, markers, shirts, for a putter maker that I don't own a putter from. Whether that's my OCD or not. Just doesn't make sense. Unresponsed inquiries and "books closed" on custom orders makes this impossible. Sure, I could purchase from Jim, but that takes away the custom appeal for me.

Just seems that he needs to focus on cranking out putters, and get them in the hands of players. The rest of the merchandise can follow.

Just my thoughts.

I was in that boat but his soft goods are high quality. His head cover (Merica) is the best one I have ever own. It is silly it ain't on a Lamb putter but I love the color pop from my all black bag.

The markers are the same way and even I just bought a hat. You would be surprised by how the bigger OEM can't just get a good fitted hat.. most of them get that little crease by the bill and front panel.. His hats are flex fit which I believe all fitted hats should be.

So the wait to get on a list to get a putter made will or can be frustrating but its not like he is not making stuff along way. He is making every head and not getting them out of a drawer..takes time.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

The putter maker X vs Y talk has been beaten to death. They all offer something slightly different in what is a niche market to begin with. Back to putters...

Anyone have a picture of the Allendale at address?

Check table rock for pictures..

His gram might have some as well.

But to add onto the x, y, and z.

Tyson definitely takes note of other putters, etc and puts his own twist on things.

To listen to him describe how the back bumper is more round per this and his neck are not over but even.. I can go on and on.

You don't have to agree with the price point but it's hard not to agree Lamb & Co are doing things different and their way.

The face balance Santo has (ill call it a swan neck) is crazy.. that's completely face balance.. I put it on the table to make sure.

Guess what.. that is a welded neck that you can't even tell because of the extra hands on work Tyson did.

protos F4

The putter maker X vs Y talk has been beaten to death. They all offer something slightly different in what is a niche market to begin with. Back to putters...

Tyson definitely takes note of other putters, etc and puts his own twist on things.

To listen to him describe how the back bumper is more round per this and his neck are not over but even.. I can go on and on.

You don't have to agree with the price point but it's hard not to agree Lamb & Co are doing things different and their way.

The face balance Santo has (ill call it a swan neck) is crazy.. that's completely face balance.. I put it on the table to make sure.

Guess what.. that is a welded neck that you can't even tell because of the extra hands on work Tyson did.

We're a crazy bunch....can't wait to have my cartner back in Dallas in October @Otnas

We're a crazy bunch....can't wait to have my cartner back in Dallas in October @Otnas

Well I'm flying in on the 12th and leaving on the 14th so should see you down there maybe :)

protos F4

As a newfound Texan, always lived close and have loved the state but just moved here. I just enjoy supporting a fellow Texan, and a Texas business. #TexasForever

Also looking forward to getting out there and meeting some of the people who enjoy the same thing in DFW in October!

Just a high quality product unlike anything I have. Although I have no putter, just headcovers, divot tools, and ball markers, I just enjoy the quality and supporting a local in the DFW area!

Well..this could get interesting!

92eb2803514a5ee9ba2eb44db3e4de36.jpg

protos F4

What's the GGT Indy? Cool putters. When is he going to make a mallet?

Scratch...

Can't speak for him but that question has been brought up numerous times and the answer has been it's in the works.

protos F4

i know everyone around here enjoys photos of putters and such so i figured i would post some pictures of some of Tyson's recent work. not everything in the pictures is mine but i was the photographer and got to see it all first hand.....most of it is mine

Santo, you're in CT? i'm in Milford, let me know if you want to play a round. Great pics and your collection is amazing.

Callaway Paradym Driver

Callaway Paradym 3w

Callaway Rogue 4H
Srixon ZX MKII combo 4-A
Cleveland RTX 6 54, 58
Swag Boss

i know everyone around here enjoys photos of putters and such so i figured i would post some pictures of some of Tyson's recent work. not everything in the pictures is mine but i was the photographer and got to see it all first hand.....most of it is mine

Hey brother,

How've you been? Those are some sweet putters, divot tools and other works of art.

Absolutely @carlspackler910D3 let's do it. I'm in new Canaan. I'm happy to play anytime. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell number.

@aloha b. What's up Bruce!!!! Hope all is well with you my brother. Thanks for the nice words man. Just trying to keep collecting alive. After the last guy I needed to find a new ones sh*t to buy. ?

two twisty necked sticks during last years Lamb Jam. one on left is a camden and the right is an allendale

Santo my man!

Good to see you have still got the pedal down dude!!

That torched Twisty is absolutely gorgeous. Wouldn't sell the kids for it - bit I would think seriously about taking a deposit ha ha.

Always good to hear from you and see your latest and greatest mate.

Rob from Sydney

Does he offer any other options for finishes? Or are raw stainless and torching the only options?

Longball..

I have seen black, dark brown, and a natural rust look on a few pieces but never got to the point of ordering to know what's offered.

4a53bc23b74046c16207c4d76d1f024f.jpg

protos F4

Long ball......

With stainless there are only so many finish options available to you. There are more if he starts doing carbon putters regularly. Carbon allows for plated finished and oil cans. But we've only seen him make two carbon putters so far. I'm unaware of anything flashy on stainless that isn't torched though.

Long ball......

With stainless there are only so many finish options available to you. There are more if he starts doing carbon putters regularly. Carbon allows for plated finished and oil cans. But we've only seen him make two carbon putters so far. I'm unaware of anything flashy on stainless that isn't torched though.

Thanks! I have seen the Northern Lights finish on stainless. Flashiest finish I have ever seen.

What's the GGT Indy? Cool putters. When is he going to make a mallet?

Scratch,

GCT Indy was a golf club trader event at the Purdue Golf Complex, and a few of us took a roadtrip from New York to DC to Ohio to Indiana to attend. A lot of fun. Speaking on mallets, one is being designed currently but has not been put into production yet, just some early mock ups. I'm sure we'll be seeing a mallet soon as people have been hounding him daily for one.

Nice and clean Jfish, nice and clean!

protos F4

Raiders, or Tony, or raidernation51 on IG, I realize you have played golf with Tyson, have a beautiful collection of his putters, and consider him a friend.

I think that's really great, i honestly do, but I also know you've drank quite a bit of the coolaid.

There is a marketing and sales agreement in place with Jim and artificial scarcity is absolutely, definitely at work here.

Do you honestly believe Tyson has custom $3000-4000 dollar putters backordered for a year?

Do you honestly believe he cant just crank up his milling equipment and pump out a few hundred $75+ dollar divot tools?

Do you honestly believe he can't pump out hundreds of $55 dollar ball markers a week?

He is not selling enough product to justify seemingly ALWAYS be out of everything. He just isn't. No matter what he's telling you personally, there is simply no way he is actually that busy.

Let me clarify something as well. I'm not bashing Tyson personally or his work in the least. I think his stuff is very nice. Quite artistic. I genuinely like it. I am however, seriously questioning how long he's going to ride this "I'm out of everything" Business plan.

I'm just letting people know that this constant "out of stock" and "books closed on putter orders" is really getting old. It's NOT real. It's very deliberately creating desire through artificial scarcity...."Marketing of unnecessary luxury goods 101".....Rolex did it for years, Patek still does it with watches, De beers still does it with diamonds by controlling 90% of the market and stockpiling millions of carats.

On one hand it's a masterful manipulation of reality that the business side of me finds impressive, but I must admit the golf nut WRX side of my brain is starting to find it irritating.

He and Jim better be careful how long they keep it up, because at some point people will get frustrated start to say "screw it". I believe it will backfire on them if it goes on too long and they don't start leaking out a little more product a little faster.

sorry just saw this. i go by many names as i am a man of many hats. raiders, raidernation51, tony, Santo (a bunch of othernames my wife calls me not suitable for the boards)

i totally understand every point that you have made. now again i am not a part of Tyson's business and i would venture to guess your correct that anyone in business who understands supply and demand will regularly be "out of stock" on items they can produce more of. im sure to some extent that plays into a part of Tyson's business model (which i believe is working well for the most part), the only thing i was 100% refuting was the statement you made that Jim Butler, who is also a personal friend of mine along with Kathy and the rest of the family, have any control over the amount of product or distribution Tyson does. Tyson is completely his own business. he is not business partners with Jim butler aside from Jim being a distributor and retailer for some of Tyson's work. I would also venture a guess because of that when Tyson produces things he gives Jim early access to many items, but i am not 100% on that.

One of the things Tyson does and does well in my eyes are the fact when he says he is making "X" number of items that is the case. he isnt making 500 items and saying he made 250 and then after those 250 are sold releasing more. he also isnt making more of things he has told his collectors wont be available again. that limits quatities and keeps values up for his collectors. this i have spoken with him about extensively being a collector.

as far as drinking the cool-aide i am ok with you saying that. i feel its fairly accurate. i also drank the cool-aide with Scotty Cameron. i became one of his biggest collectors and was given a dishonorable discharge from his brand. i am still one of his biggest collectors by the way....i think. i dont think Scotty makes bad putters because i was ostracized from TCC. i still buy things i like and still get together with my cameron buddies. but obviously once you get out of his hemisphere you see a bit more clearly. perhaps the same will happen with Tyson although i think my releationship with Tyson is based around more then my collecting his stuff. he was generally excited for me when he found out Lamont Mann was making me a putter as i have said before. but yes i think Tyson is on par with the best makers out there. and yes like you i would like to see more people get putters in their hands, mainly because it allows for more get togethers of golf which is what collecting is all about in my humble opinion. the putters and accessories are just stuff. people and the connections are what im in it for.

before Lamb Jam this year i really was unaware what went into making anything let alone putters from scratch. when we were at the event Tyson was behind in making some sticks for guys who were supposed to be playing with them at the event and picking them up. Tyson was nervous and bummed out he didnt have them done (and this was for his close friends and biggest spenders). we got to watch him complete a putter post milling. i remember the donut putter was one of the sticks to be completed. i also remember the 3 other attempts at making that putter in the scrap pile. these were essentially finished putters milled out and ready for finishing work and stamping. they didnt meet his high standards and were being thrown out. we had to convince him to use these "screw ups" to give away as prizes or something. he ended up making the winners trophies from 2 of them and throwing number 3 in the thrash bin because it was "too bad". my gambler putter also had multiple attempts that were scrapped. one of them was made into a thank you gift for me. it was hammered and stamped and the neck was welded on.....most other makers would have sold it to me, but it wasnt good enough for tyson so he made me a "better" one. when tyson makes a putter for someone this happens almost every time. its why it takes him a while to make a putter. they need to be perfect for it to leave his shop. at lamb jam he and i stayed at his shop long after everyone else went to sleep for our 8am round. we were there until almost 3 am so one of the guys putter could be torched, shafted, paintfilled and gripped for the next morning round. he didnt need to do that. but in his mind he did. to me that speaks volumes and makes me sit back and sip the cool-aide a bit. its the ectra mile he is willing to go for a customer.

that level of attention cant be given to everyone if your making 100 putters a month. im sure Tyson could send out his milling to someone else and have heads sent to him ready for his finishing touches, but thats just not him. plus i agree if that was the case he wouldnt be able to charge what he does because then it would be worth it. you are paying usually 1500-2500 for something made by Tyson and only Tyson. if you dont want to wait anyone can go pay Jim 3k+. some people arent patient and do that. with cameron covers for instance we all new that a cover would come down in price if you waited a year for the honeymoon to pass, but many of us paid the premium to have it NOW. i know because i was one of them. collectors are a funny bunch.

i harbour no insult or malice for you my friend. i think you make lots of good points. i think Tyson needs another machine to make more accessories to keep up (so does Tyson) but money isnt easy when you want to do it yourself. i have offered to buy Tyson a machine, offered to be his partner, offered my own services if needed, but he wants to do it himself and do it his way. i can respect that. your lawyer buddy got a version of the truth im sure. but i can tell you with certainty that Jim has 0 influence on what Tsyon wants to do. Jim, like myself and many others, offer Tyson and Tana recommendations based on our personal experiences in the market. Jim obviously offers better advice then myself when it comes to selling things, but when it comes to collecting and keeping the collectors happy i like to think of myself as one of Tyson's trusted advisers. but when the dust settles, like any good football coach will tell the press, it was his call to make good or bad and he will accept and be held accountable for the compliment or condemnation of his actions and brand.

hopefully i make sense in my 2am ramblings. Go Raiders

-Santo aka Tony aka Raiders aka Raidernation51 aka Otnas aka worthless piece of **** (my wife Talia's pet name for me)

"(a bunch of other names my wife calls me not suitable for the boards)" - you too bro?

BTW for anyone on here that has not heard this - and it is applicable to most of us. My worst nightmare at my age, is I die and my wife sells my putters for what I told her they cost me!!!! :swoon:

Rob

Very nice pick up there Jasonfish_02. Congrats and enjoy

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]