2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Bridgestone Tour X Blade

Kingcat990

What do you guys think of Bridgestones new X-blade release? Looks like it has a bit of influence from Taylormade RAC MB or something like it. They're a little softer on the eyes than the 15 MB's

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/bridgestone-tour-b-x-blade-iron-5-pw-6pcs

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, you and I finally differ on something; I actually prefer the look of of J15. Not that I entirely dislike these - just seem a little forced.

I gravitate to that dull satin finish. Always have. If the 15's had the finish, I would have bought them over the FH1000's. I probably should have regardless.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

• 1 month later...

Finally had a chance to hit the X-CB and the X -Blade of the new Tour B line. The two big things I noticed immediately was the very thin top line of the X-Blade and the rounded sole of both the blade and CB, which is more apparent in the CB. Looks wise, the X-Blade looks great at address. Nice thin top line and rounded face and toe, with minimal offset. The feeling was superb. Nice and soft when flushed and lots of feedback when not, but not harsh at all when missed. Very nice set of sticks that I hope make it to the US market, but like a lot of the good JDM stuff more than likely won't.

Stock shaft in the X-Blade is the DG S200, but I found out that all NS Modus series shafts are available for custom order at no up charge, which is a plus given that the MSRP is about $1100 plus tax for a 5-pw set.

14 Beaten and Battered clubs,

a few balls and tees,

tattered golf bag and

one unwavering spirit that loves the game

Need to see them in person and hit a few balls with them. Looks, sound, and feel make or break a blade. Scrolling to the bottom of the link, they look good when looking down on the top line. I'll give them a shot.

Took a good look at them yesterday.

After seeing the pictures a little while. I thought, "What the F are they thinking." However, in person they look pretty sexy. The 'stone CBs will give the Srixon Cbs some serious competition. Really impressed with both.

Finally had a chance to hit the X-CB and the X -Blade of the new Tour B line. The two big things I noticed immediately was the very thin top line of the X-Blade and the rounded sole of both the blade and CB, which is more apparent in the CB. Looks wise, the X-Blade looks great at address. Nice thin top line and rounded face and toe, with minimal offset. The feeling was superb. Nice and soft when flushed and lots of feedback when not, but not harsh at all when missed. Very nice set of sticks that I hope make it to the US market, but like a lot of the good JDM stuff more than likely won't.

Stock shaft in the X-Blade is the DG S200, but I found out that all NS Modus series shafts are available for custom order at no up charge, which is a plus given that the MSRP is about $1100 plus tax for a 5-pw set.

That was a much nicer description than I can give now and sort of echos my thoughts. The rounded soles... They looks pretty nice.

Can you compare the looks and feel a little more between the X-Blade and the CB. Similar in size, top line? Did you feel a big difference between the blade and the CB?

I'm going to try some new irons over the winter and it's kind of between these two and I'm also looking at the new Honma's. Buying sight unseen is always a challenge and you really have to search out any type of reviews at all. Thanks.

I would say the biggest difference between the two was in the top line and sole, with the CB being bigger/wider in both. Feel wise, I would say the X-Blade felt better, but that's not saying that the CB felt bad at all, just a little more muted than the blade.

Also the distances were 10 to 20 yards different between the two, as the CB is stronger lofted (32* 7i), whereas the blade is traditionally lofted (35* 7i). My driver hs is about 106 - 110 mph and I was hitting some 7i shots uncomfortably long at times with the CB (175 carry, 185 total). With the blade I was more consistent and was getting my usual 157 carry and 167 total.

Hard to say which way you should go. For sure the Tour B line is solid, but so is the new Honma lineup. Ultimately, I would go with what looks good for you. I would also say to look at the 727 line for Honma as well as the Mizuno MP-55.

14 Beaten and Battered clubs,

a few balls and tees,

tattered golf bag and

one unwavering spirit that loves the game

I would say the biggest difference between the two was in the top line and sole, with the CB being bigger/wider in both. Feel wise, I would say the X-Blade felt better, but that's not saying that the CB felt bad at all, just a little more muted than the blade.

Also the distances were 10 to 20 yards different between the two, as the CB is stronger lofted (32* 7i), whereas the blade is traditionally lofted (35* 7i). My driver hs is about 106 - 110 mph and I was hitting some 7i shots uncomfortably long at times with the CB (175 carry, 185 total). With the blade I was more consistent and was getting my usual 157 carry and 167 total.

Hard to say which way you should go. For sure the Tour B line is solid, but so is the new Honma lineup. Ultimately, I would go with what looks good for you. I would also say to look at the 727 line for Honma as well as the Mizuno MP-55.

Thanks. I probably won't buy until close to Christmas. Waiting to read some reviews on the new Honmas. Just from what you wrote, I'd probably lean toward the X-blade between the two. If there's just a little bit of forgiveness, I'll go with the smaller profile most all of the time.

By the way, have you seen the new Masda's? :shok: Talk about a sick looking blade. They look like the old Tommy Armours from the 60's, except sharply sculpted and surgical looking.

http://masdagolf-sho.../?pid=107327987

• 1 month later...

Just wondering if there were any more updates on these in terms of people hitting/playing these? My TM MC 2011 irons need an update, and I am looking for a blade replacement. I am thinking about MP4/5s, but I would like to try something a bit different. I am in Singapore, so it's quite easy (but not cheaper) to get hold of JDM stuff.

I was thinking of trying a combo set with the CBs, but it sounds like the lofts are different, so I'd need one of them bent...

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

I hit them both the other day, the blades aren't so hard to hit but with I'm so much more at home with the CB. Descriptions have been shared before....if I were to describe the looks of these irons, I would say they look TourStage which I'm sure is their goal....

TM M3 9.5*
Cobra King Ltd 15*
Callaway XR 18* 

Cobra Fly Z+ 4-P

Bridgestone J15 50*

Callaway MD2 56/60*

TM Spider X Navy Blue
Srixon Z Star

I hit the blades yesterday on an in-store monitor and today at a demo at a driving range (off mats). Both days was with the 7i with the DGS200, and today I hit the PW as well.

On the monitor, I was supposedly hitting shots over 180 yards (one at 197. Yeah, that's not happening in reality), but almost all were going left, often wildly left (40-50yards off line). Part of that may have been due to me not aiming at the right spot, but anyway.

Today at the range, I found them to be actually quite short, and while they still were going a bit left, it wasn't by as much, 10-15 yards. They also went very high. I hit my normal irons alongside (MP-4) which are one degree stronger in both the PW and 7i, and shafted with DGX100. I think the high, ballooning hook with the Bridgestones was probably down a lot to the softer shaft, because the MP-4s were flying on target (with a draw, but not overdrawing). The PW, however, I loved. It was easier to flight than the MP-4, and felt like a proper PW to me, rather than a more lofted 9i.

I'd like to try the Bridgestones with the same shaft as my MP-4s and see how they perform. Feel was nice, though I think they are more punishing on off-centre hits than my Mizunos.

Also, I was quoted 80,000 yen for 5-PW, so about $800 for a set of six. That may be a special offer, though.

On balance, I think I prefer their previous blade, the J15s.