2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Srixon z565

Jlender21

Did you order them over length?

Thank you for the reply.

I ordered them standard. In some quick measurements this morning, they seem to be 1/2" over standard. The PW was 36", and the 6 iron was 38". I will investigate this further...

Sounds like the culprit! Mine are +1" and weigh in at D8, I think they make no head weight adjustment.

My irons came in at 1/2" over standard when I ordered standard. I would have sent them back if I did not order the grips loose in the box. I decided it would have been easier to fix it myself, and I saved the new grips. I went from D5 (one was at D7, another D4) to all D1 and one at D2. Much more manageable for me.

How did you go about fixing them?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you go about fixing them?

I removed between 3/8 and 1/2 inch of shaft from each club. I could have been more precise, though this was amateur hour. There are many informative threads and people in the clubmaking forum of this site. If it was not for them, I would not have a clue. My timing sucks with heavy clubs, and I have to remedy it somehow...

-First, I blew the grips off with an air compressor (grips that I blew on for multiple applications)

-Then used a (properly used cutting instrument with safety glasses) to shorten from the handle end of the club.

-Placed the grips back on, and measured the swingweight.

About 1/2" of a steel shaft equals 3 swingweight points. This is not exact though, and will vary with counterbalanced shafts.

*or I could have just mentioned that I shortened them to standard length

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

My new set of Z565s was delivered today! True Temper Pxi 5.5 shafts, 2* weak on the lofts throughout the set. Took them to the range for a little get-to-know-you time, and I'm going to get in the simulator at my club tomorrow to try and get my distances nailed down.

How long was your wait time on the order?

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 - Adila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Stiff

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 3 wood 16* - LinQ Purple 70 Stiff

Callaway Paradym 18/19* Hybrid  HZRDUS Smoke Gray 

Mizuno Pro 243 with modus 120S

Mizuno T24 50 and 56 S400
Bettinardi Queen B

Hey, I have a complete newbie question. Will the forged 565s, which have lofts similar to the strong GI irons, thus go a similar distance? Or will some distance be given up due to the thicker face (relative to the Steelhead XR's etc).

Am not trying to get into a big debate of GI vs SGI vs cavity backs, nor about whether or not "distance matters" in an iron, am just trying to ask a simple empirical question: With equivalent lofts will the 565's travel a similar distance to, say, the Steelhead XR?

Thank you!

My new set of Z565s was delivered today! True Temper Pxi 5.5 shafts, 2* weak on the lofts throughout the set. Took them to the range for a little get-to-know-you time, and I'm going to get in the simulator at my club tomorrow to try and get my distances nailed down.

Five weeks on the nose.

Five weeks on the nose.

Is this typical for their turnaround time?

Bettinardi Queen B

Ordered mine 4/7 from DD, last update was that they were back-ordered and would ship around 5/12.

Ordered mine 4/7, arrived today. 4 weeks.

Ordered mine on 4/3 from DD, and was pleasantly surprised that they arrived yesterday, as last update also was that heads were backordered until mid May. Got them with PX LZ 5.5.

Titleist TSR2, 10 degrees, GD Tour AD DI 5
Titleist TSR2 16.5(@15.75) degrees,  Fuji Speeder Evo I 661
Titleist TSR2  18 (@17.25)  degrees,  Fuji Speeder Evo I 661
Mizuno CLK 19 degrees,   Mitsu Tensei CK Pro Blue Hybrid Shaft
Mizuno STZ 230 22 degrees, Mitsu Tensei CK Pro Blue Hybrid Shaft
Mizuno STZ 230  25 degrees, Mitsu Tensei Blue Hybrid Shaft
Mizuno Pro 225,  DG 95

Vokey SM9 50/8F, SM9 56/10S
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Tour B RX

Thanks all! I ordered a combo set of 765,965 and was told that they don't have the ordering issue as the 565. I guess I should have asked that questions as well!

Bettinardi Queen B

Can anyone shed light on the stock Nippon 980gh dst. Shaft?

I have them in my z 545. I tested them against the modus 105s (upcharge in 545) and in the end I was a little more consistent and got a bit more height and spin from the 980 gh. Which was what I was after in the first place. Feel was very nice in the 105 though

Do you know if the 980 plays similar to the old 950 that was so popular? I can't find any information on these. Seems like they were just made for Srixon 565 and what does DST mean?

The DST is basically a counterbalanced shaft with a bit more weight in the hands. The stock shaft on the Z355 was the NSPro 950 DST and it is different than the standard 950. I believe they play similarly. The 980 is just a bit heavier.

Does anyone have any experience with the Miyazaki graphite shafts in these? Older player that needs to move to graphite due to injuries. Not a long hitter but can deliver it on the center of the face. Just wondering if anyone has any experience. (not a fan of the orange but....)

I just found a used set of these online. I'm still waiting on them to be delivered. I've had a chance to hit them in my local Golf Galaxy. The don't really push them to sell them but the have them none the less. I just turned 40 but I beginning to fight some finger stiffness and some shoulder problems so I figure making the jump to graphite is better for me in the long run. I'm not a fast swinger so I'm an R shaft kind of guy. These shafts feel so soft and the ball just seems to fly off the face for me much better than my current irons.

I have S XP95 in my Apex CF16. Probably a bad choice on my end but they did certainly fly more than my previous irons so I figured why not. I hit the Z565 heads with both R and S XP95 and R and S Miyazaki Kaula. The R shaft Kaula definitely felt like a winner for me. In the respect of full disclosure, I do own the Z565 driver, F65 3W and H65. All in the S Miyazaki shaft but they all have a softer tip in the flex code and even in a S flex I feel they are very smooth and don't feel like I'm swinging a piece of rebar. With the heavier heads of the Srixon clubs I can really feel them all release with the Miyazaki shaft.

Did you get the 565 irons with the R flex Miyazaki shafts? Did the stiff shafts feel boardy or smooth? Curious if the Miyazaki iron shafts are true to flex or maybe weak to flex due to being light weight.

4 weeks.

Ordered Z565 5-PW, KBS C-taper Stiff hard stepped

These clubs replace my Mizzy JPX 800 pros and I am VERY happy. Buttaaaah

PXG 0211 Driver  Tensei 1K Pro White X-stiff

PXG 0311 GEN5   3 Wood 1K Pro White X-stiff

PXG 0311 XF 22* hybrid Tensei AV Raw White 75 XStiff

Srixon Z585 6 thru P KBS C-taper S+

Three Luck Sky Dream Jump Limited Forged 115  48*  True Temper Dynamic Tour Issue Onyx

Three Luck Sky Dream Jump Limited Forged 115  52*  True Temper Dynamic Tour Issue Onyx

Kyoei KK RRC 56* wedge True Temper Dynamic Tour Issue Onyx

Vega VW-06 brushed 60* FST KBS Tour 105

Piretti Elite Black Cortino  KBS CT Tour Putter shaft  

I had the 545s, upgraded to the 565s and now I'm back playing 545s. I think the 565 helps most on toe side misses--my miss is more heelside and so if anything I prefer the 545. But to me there is really not much difference.

I am a player replacing Z545 by Z565. So I really play both for a while. In short I am very happy With Z565. The back is changed for the weight which really helps. Easier to hit sweet

So are you finding a big difference between the Z545 and the Z565's? Or anyone else for that matter?

PXG Gen2 0811XF LIN-Q Purple stiff

Mizuno STX 5W Fujikura Motore F3 70 stiff

Ping G425 4H Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 reg

PXG Gen 3 P 5-AW Accra i80 stiff

PXG  Forged 55* Accra i80 stiff

Cleveland CBX 2 Full Face 60* * 64*

PXG One & Done P2 Reflex Tour grip

Golf Pride Microsuede

So, I took the 565s out on the golf course for the first time today. Just so happened to be for a series of 9 hole matches in my club's Member-Member. In the last match, I shot even-par 36 on my own ball (the best score I have ever had on either side there), including three birdies that were the result of stuffing two pitching wedges and one 9 iron within a few feet of the hole. The 9 iron landed a foot short of the hole, bounced off the pin, and left me an 18 inch birdie putt.

Needless to say, I am beyond thrilled with the Srixon irons. Can't wait to play two more matches tomorrow.

Did you get the 565 irons with the R flex Miyazaki shafts? Did the stiff shafts feel boardy or smooth? Curious if the Miyazaki iron shafts are true to flex or maybe weak to flex due to being light weight.

Yes. I feel they are pretty true to flex within reason. The Miyazaki shafts are a bit heavier so I would say they flex more than steel but the weight of them doesn't make them feel flimsy. I don't really have experience with any other graphite iron shafts but these don't feel drastically different.

I will say I am sort of struggling with them at the moment. Mostly due to my swing being really out of whack right now and my contact is all over the place. I do feel like when I do make good contact I'm losing some distance but right now I'm blaming my swing. Once I get my path back on track if they are still short I'll look at other options.

Yes. I feel they are pretty true to flex within reason. The Miyazaki shafts are a bit heavier so I would say they flex more than steel but the weight of them doesn't make them feel flimsy. I don't really have experience with any other graphite iron shafts but these don't feel drastically different.

I will say I am sort of struggling with them at the moment. Mostly due to my swing being really out of whack right now and my contact is all over the place. I do feel like when I do make good contact I'm losing some distance but right now I'm blaming my swing. Once I get my path back on track if they are still short I'll look at other options.

Ordered mine on 4/17. Still patiently waiting for their arrival......

Ordered mine on the 18th and still waiting as well. It's finally not raining in Indiana, so I'm pumped to get out there.

Great news, mine arrived today (exactly 4 weeks from the initial order). I had time for a range session in VERY windy conditions. My setup is standard loft, lie and length with Project x LZ 5.5 shafts (swing speed is 100-105 and handicap is 7). Coming from a very long history with my beloved Mizuno MX-23, here are my quick initial impressions:

Looks: Compact at address, do not at all look like a GI iron. very impressed!

Feel: Outstanding feel. Very similar to my MX-23's which was to be expected. The combination of the 565 and LZ shaft is absolutely perfect for me. I have full face awareness and am able to put a very smooth swing on the ball.

Performance: For me, the performance is night and day compared to my old set. I can much better control the flight (I hit both sets side by side), dispersion is much tighter and I gained over a club in length.

While all of this is subjective and based on my personal preferences, I cannot be any happier with this purchase. Phenomenal set of clubs. I am really looking forward to this season!

Curious your thoughts on if you hit the 765's and if they feel and sound a little different because of the solid forging on the 765 and the two piece construction on the 565's

Ordered mine on the 18th and still waiting as well. It's finally not raining in Indiana, so I'm pumped to get out there.

Great news, mine arrived today (exactly 4 weeks from the initial order). I had time for a range session in VERY windy conditions. My setup is standard loft, lie and length with Project x LZ 5.5 shafts (swing speed is 100-105 and handicap is 7). Coming from a very long history with my beloved Mizuno MX-23, here are my quick initial impressions:

Feel: Outstanding feel. Very similar to my MX-23's which was to be expected. The combination of the 565 and LZ shaft is absolutely perfect for me. I have full face awareness and am able to put a very smooth swing on the ball.

Performance: For me, the performance is night and day compared to my old set. I can much better control the flight (I hit both sets side by side), dispersion is much tighter and I gained over a club in length.

While all of this is subjective and based on my personal preferences, I cannot be any happier with this purchase. Phenomenal set of clubs. I am really looking forward to this season!

Ping G430 Max 10.5, VA Nemesis 55 four

Ping G430 5-18, VA Vylyn 65 four

Ping G430 4H, 5H, 6H, Alta 70S

Mizuno Pro 245, 6-gw. MMT 85S

Ping S159 54S, & 54H, MMT 105S

Odyssey Nano 7, stroke lab

Pro V 1X or Z-Star XV

Curious your thoughts on if you hit the 765's and if they feel and sound a little different because of the solid forging on the 765 and the two piece construction on the 565's

Honestly, I hit both with the same shaft and not much difference at all. Mind you this was off a mat in the PGASS. I figured if the feel is the same, why not go with the more forgiving iron that gave me better dispersion and about the same distance.......

Thanks. I cannot wait to try them myself. Still recovering from shoulder replacement and can't start swinging for a couple more months, but I'm with ya on similar feel more forgiveness

Ping G430 Max 10.5, VA Nemesis 55 four

Ping G430 5-18, VA Vylyn 65 four

Ping G430 4H, 5H, 6H, Alta 70S

Mizuno Pro 245, 6-gw. MMT 85S

Ping S159 54S, & 54H, MMT 105S

Odyssey Nano 7, stroke lab

Pro V 1X or Z-Star XV

That is good news! Which shipping service did they come by?

Callaway Epic
Adams Tight Lies
Srixon z565
Cleveland 588 54* & 58*
Odyssey #9