MEMBER TESTING: Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi shafts. Read reviews here!

HipCheck

Gotta give this thread a little bump/love after Sergio won with my exact shaft this weekend in the driver. Kuro Kage Dual Core 80tx! Kinda cool to see that familiar white/black color scheme when he tees up.

Finally played my home course with this new shaft/driver combo and it was effective and consistent. It's still wayy too soggy in the Chicagoland courses to get an accurate read on total distance/spin, even shots with low trajectory can still plug.

Hi guys...quick question. I have a KK Silver TiNi 60 stiff in my driver. That shaft has been my go to for a while and I can absolutely bomb it buuuuut I can also get a little wild left and right with it. It's a nice mid-mid/high flight with it. On the other hand, I have a Diamana D+ Ltd 80 stiff in my 3 wood and it hits low but it's really long and straight. Would the KKDC be a good mix of the two?

Ping G410 Plus 9* Driver w/ Graphite Design AD-DI7x

Ping G410 LST 14.5* 3 wood w/ Graphite Design AD-DI8x
Taylormade p790 UDI 2 iron w/ DG AMT x100
Mizuno JPX919 Tour 4-PW w/ PX 6.5
Vokey SM7 50/8, 55/9 & 60/8* w/ PX 6.0
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 33"

Titleist ProV1 (yellow)

Gotta give this thread a little bump/love after Sergio won with my exact shaft this weekend in the driver. Kuro Kage Dual Core 80tx! Kinda cool to see that familiar white/black color scheme when he tees up.

Finally played my home course with this new shaft/driver combo and it was effective and consistent. It's still wayy too soggy in the Chicagoland courses to get an accurate read on total distance/spin, even shots with low trajectory can still plug.

Garcia in both driver and 3 wood.

TollBros (or anyone else), how does the Dual Core Silver (non TX version) compare to the Blueboard Diamana profile? They seem to be pretty similar. Thanks!

Curious on this one as well... also the D+

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#A4A4A4]G400 LST Atmos Blue [/color][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4]G400 14.5 Atmos Blue[/color]
[color=#A4A4A4]H2 19* Atmos Black [/color][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#A4A4A4]Bridgestone [/color][/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4]715 CB 4-P[/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]RM-22 49, 54, 60 [/font][/color]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#A4A4A4]Artisan 0318[/color][/font]

I will provide more information/updates once I get more time with it, but for now, another satisfied Tollbros customer!

UPDATE: Got a chance to play 90 holes of golf this weekend in the Tampa area and really put the KK DC Tx to the test. Finally was able to get a feel for this shaft/head combo so I could swing with confidence. This combo won me a lot of money in the matches we played, consistent performer that I'm very happy with.

My biggest takeaway is that you don't have to worry about this shaft getting loose on you if you go at it. Launches mid flight bombs swinging easy or hard. Very low spin. When I get the driver going my swings tend to get harder and harder as confidence builds and that is when a shaft can get loose on me. That just doesn't happen with this shaft.

Looking forward to trying it at my home course this weekend to see how it performs in familiar territory. Huge fan thus far.

Amen. Like I say, it's smooth when you want to finesse it and just seems to tighten up the harder you swing. I love this shaft!

I bit the bullet, and what a great shaft. The TX version is exactly as you describe in your message.

I will provide more information/updates once I get more time with it, but for now, another satisfied Tollbros customer!

UPDATE: Got a chance to play 90 holes of golf this weekend in the Tampa area and really put the KK DC Tx to the test. Finally was able to get a feel for this shaft/head combo so I could swing with confidence. This combo won me a lot of money in the matches we played, consistent performer that I'm very happy with.

My biggest takeaway is that you don't have to worry about this shaft getting loose on you if you go at it. Launches mid flight bombs swinging easy or hard. Very low spin. When I get the driver going my swings tend to get harder and harder as confidence builds and that is when a shaft can get loose on me. That just doesn't happen with this shaft.

Looking forward to trying it at my home course this weekend to see how it performs in familiar territory. Huge fan thus far.

Amen. Like I say, it's smooth when you want to finesse it and just seems to tighten up the harder you swing. I love this shaft!

I bit the bullet, and what a great shaft. The TX version is exactly as you describe in your message.

Same here. It holds up to anything I throw at it. Love it.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Same here. It holds up to anything I throw at it. Love it.

Great to hear denvergolf & scottaz!

I cranked the M2 down to 7.5 this weekend to see how it performed, plus it was quite windy at my home track. Still mid-flight low spin bombs. No balloons even into 30mph gusts. This combo is proving to be a bit of a "holy grail" paired with the forgiving M2 set in low loft. I have a feeling I'll have this shaft for long after I swap out the '16 M2 head (which I also love... but bolting a '17 440 M1 head on this in a year when the prices drop will be inevitable lol).

I have the 17 M2 with this shaft (cranked down 2 degrees). Used this yesterday in 20 mph gusts and this head and shaft combo is for real. There is no left in this shaft. I threw everything at it and kept hitting straight shots with my miss being a 5 yard push. No sidespin either. This head/shaft combo will be in my bag for a while :)

Just a quick THANK YOU to TollBros. Your information is so clear and concise and never muddied. I love reading your posts. Thank you and please keep up the great work.

Even as a huge gear head/dork, I was so confused as to whether there was a KK Dual Core "XT" at all. You were the first one to CORRECTLY point out that, in the Dual Core series, the "XT" is (if you will) the TX flex. That information was VERIFIED on Mitsubishi's instagram page...I actually asked them, directly, if the KK DC TX was the new "XT" and they said that was EXACTLY right. Not that I doubted you! ;) If people want to see that post, go to MCAGOLFSHAFTS Instagram on April 13 (I have no idea how to post that here). You can see the comment where I asked them, as well.

As a result, I ordered it form JD's Clubs (outstanding dealer) as I LOVED the original KK XT. Mitsu released a handful of the KK DC TX "XT" through the "selected dealer network." I should have it by Friday...I can't wait.

So, I wanted to say THANKS, TollBros. You are a wise one and me (and others) think your posts are great. The only person I know that DOESN'T like you is my wife, because, that's to the clarity on the DC "XT", I bought one ;)

Seriously, THANKS and Cheers.

Just a quick THANK YOU to TollBros. Your information is so clear and concise and never muddied. I love reading your posts. Thank you and please keep up the great work.

Even as a huge gear head/dork, I was so confused as to whether there was a KK Dual Core "XT" at all. You were the first one to CORRECTLY point out that, in the Dual Core series, the "XT" is (if you will) the TX flex. That information was VERIFIED on Mitsubishi's instagram page...I actually asked them, directly, if the KK DC TX was the new "XT" and they said that was EXACTLY right. Not that I doubted you! ;) If people want to see that post, go to MCAGOLFSHAFTS Instagram on April 13 (I have no idea how to post that here). You can see the comment where I asked them, as well.

As a result, I ordered it form JD's Clubs (outstanding dealer) as I LOVED the original KK XT. Mitsu released a handful of the KK DC TX "XT" through the "selected dealer network." I should have it by Friday...I can't wait.

So, I wanted to say THANKS, TollBros. You are a wise one and me (and others) think your posts are great. The only person I know that DOESN'T like you is my wife, because, that's to the clarity on the DC "XT", I bought one ;)

Haha. Thank you my friend. I always try to convey accurate info that helps people make informed choices.

Haha. Thank you my friend. I always try to convey accurate info that helps people make informed choices.

You bet, man! Meant every word.

Great to hear denvergolf & scottaz!

I cranked the M2 down to 7.5 this weekend to see how it performed, plus it was quite windy at my home track. Still mid-flight low spin bombs. No balloons even into 30mph gusts. This combo is proving to be a bit of a "holy grail" paired with the forgiving M2 set in low loft. I have a feeling I'll have this shaft for long after I swap out the '16 M2 head (which I also love... but bolting a '17 440 M1 head on this in a year when the prices drop will be inevitable lol).

Love the 80 in the 3W, as well. It takes a level of trust to believe a shaft that feels this good is so tight/accurate. But, it is, and I can't imagine switching for anything but boredom.

Is it ok to tip this shaft a bit before installing a Cobra adapter? I've never tipped a driver shaft but have heard how high this shaft launches. Thoughts?

I don't find it to be a high launch shaft at all. And I hit a high ball. I think it's pretty tip sensitive and gets stiff quick from what I've been told. Mine is tipped 1/2".

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Well, it's high launching for me. Not sure what to tell ya. I'm not complaining, just stating my observations. Higher launching than the Atmos Black.

Are you playing the Dual Core in TX Flex? If not, we're talking about different shafts here.

I am. It launches high. I have a very quick transition and am playing it about 1/2" longer than I normally do in case I wanted to tip it which I think I should.

Well, it's high launching for me. Not sure what to tell ya. I'm not complaining, just stating my observations. Higher launching than the Atmos Black.

Are you playing the Dual Core in TX Flex? If not, we're talking about different shafts here.

I am. It launches high. I have a very quick transition and am playing it about 1/2" longer than I normally do in case I wanted to tip it which I think I should.

That would make sense if it's playing 3 swingweight points heavy which will flex the tip more. It does get stiff quick with tipping though so maybe let us know what your swing speed is and guys can be a bit more specific.

Hmm wonder if Tony Finau is using one of these in his driver, sure looks like it.

I will never change this driver set up, I have tournaments coming up starting next month. My driving has never been better. Another thank you to TollBros for hooking me up!

Always happy to help my fellow wrx brothers find those rare tour shafts.

That would make sense if it's playing 3 swingweight points heavy which will flex the tip more. It does get stiff quick with tipping though so maybe let us know what your swing speed is and guys can be a bit more specific.

Hmm wonder if Tony Finau is using one of these in his driver, sure looks like it.

I will never change this driver set up, I have tournaments coming up starting next month. My driving has never been better. Another thank you to TollBros for hooking me up!

Always happy to help my fellow wrx brothers find those rare tour shafts.

Swing Speed is about 115-118. I think the SW is high too. I'm going to measure it and see. I can tinker with the head (Cobra F7+) and swap the 7 gram back weight for a 2 gram weight too.

Swing Speed is about 115-118. I think the SW is high too. I'm going to measure it and see. I can tinker with the head (Cobra F7+) and swap the 7 gram back weight for a 2 gram weight too.

Quick tempo high teens swing speed should certainly be able to handle 1 inch of tipping if you're in search of a flatter ultra low spin flight. I'm a little faster but fairly smooth in the transition and I play 1 inch tipping in this shaft. I do play D2 swingweight at 44.5 also, so heavier will flex the tip more. If you're playing something like Dustin Johnson does, at D7-8, or if you play a very short driver, you'll need more tipping because the head is so heavy.

Quick tempo high teens swing speed should certainly be able to handle 1 inch of tipping if you're in search of a flatter ultra low spin flight. I'm a little faster but fairly smooth in the transition and I play 1 inch tipping in this shaft. I do play D2 swingweight at 44.5 also, so heavier will flex the tip more. If you're playing something like Dustin Johnson does, at D7-8, or if you play a very short driver, you'll need more tipping because the head is so heavy.

That makes sense. I'll measure the SW before I tip it but I plan on cutting off 1/2" to see what happens. If it dramatically changes the shaft in a positive or negative way, I'll report back here. Probably won't be for a little bit though because the weather is about to turn crappy again here in Chicago.

I usually swing 112-115, and hit as high as 119 on trackman last year. I play it at 45" with no tipping and have a mid flight, but we all deliver it differently. Also, it's in an M2 head that only weights 195 G.

True. Speed is not the only indicator of spin. Adam Scott or Justin Thomas for example are both pretty low spin players even with big swing speed. In that case you might not even want it tipped or the spin could be too low.