MEMBER TESTING: Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi shafts. Read reviews here!

HipCheck

I attack with driver. I've had few shafts that could handle it well without having to worry about the left side. But this one does and asks for more. I feel like I can go as hard as I'd like and also take a little off and it handles both as well as anything I've tried. But I agree, the more aggressive, the more impressive.

I will say I was on the fence with it initially. Mine was tipped 1/2" when I first got it. I did ok but needed another 1/2". 20 rounds later, I can see why so many aggressive players love it. This is one serious shaft.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Yes it is the XT Proto

No it is not...if it in fact has silver dual core and is TX flex it is tour proto dual core silver not XT shaft.

edit: Anyone can go back in this topic and read actual posts from source at MRC.

Not true. Dual core TX flex, is the dual core XT profile. XT profile in dual core comes only in TX flex. The rest of the flexes are standard silver Tini. The TX is the shaft Sergio, Adam Scott, etc...play.

Ok I'm glad four people liked the explanation...could have read post wrong early in thread from MRC guy stating TX is something different in dual core. I will go back and look...appreciate the feedback it is a great shaft.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

I attack with driver. I've had few shafts that could handle it well without having to worry about the left side. But this one does and asks for more. I feel like I can go as hard as I'd like and also take a little off and it handles both as well as anything I've tried. But I agree, the more aggressive, the more impressive.

I will say I was on the fence with it initially. Mine was tipped 1/2" when I first got it. I did ok but needed another 1/2". 20 rounds later, I can see why so many aggressive players love it. This is one serious shaft.

Good to hear similar feedback. I installed mine untipped and the trajectory is higher than I expected, but not too high and the spin is still low so I'm rolling with this combo for the foreseeable future. I did turn down the loft to 7.5 which has about gotten the trajectory to where I want it to be.

I just have to say that the Kuro Kage Dual Core Tini XT is the best shaft I've ever hit. I was and still am a big fan of the Tour AD Gp but the KK DC XT blew it away, well for my swing at least.

Feel is great, super stable, tight snap through impact as opposed to a kick. You cannot overpower this shaft. I can launch it high or hit it low. This shaft combined with the Epic SZ head I have is straight $$$ best driver set up I've ever had.

What length and SW are you playing this at? By chance do you know what your SZ head weighs?

A batch of the KK Silver TS (Tour Stiff) 60's popped up on Dallasgolf's eBay store, and I'm tempted to pull the trigger on one. I was originally looking for just the X flex version, and I'm trying to figure out how close to X these TS flexes are. If it's close I'll probably pull the trigger on one, but I can't quite confirm the flex (and torque, for that matter). If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear it.

(My SS is ~105-107, and my past couple of driver shafts have been a Tour Green 65x and now an Aldila Rogue i/o 65x. My miss is usually left, so I'm worried a softer shaft might not be my best choice)

Here's the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-Kuro-Kage-Silver-Dual-Core-Tour-Stiff-TiNi-60-Shaft-Adapter-Grip-/132181912806?var=431517094526&hash=item1ec6a7ece6:m:myAcyqoc0YLZmyvJBKuHTYQ

Callaway GBB Epic SZ 10' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 6.5
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5
Taylormade SIM 3H - GD AD-DI 8x
Ping i(e1) 4-PW - Project X 6.0 
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04L - KBS 610 Wedge
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 7

A batch of the KK Silver TS (Tour Stiff) 60's popped up on Dallasgolf's eBay store, and I'm tempted to pull the trigger on one. I was originally looking for just the X flex version, and I'm trying to figure out how close to X these TS flexes are. If it's close I'll probably pull the trigger on one, but I can't quite confirm the flex (and torque, for that matter). If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear it.

(My SS is ~105-107, and my past couple of driver shafts have been a Tour Green 65x and now an Aldila Rogue i/o 65x. My miss is usually left, so I'm worried a softer shaft might not be my best choice)

Here's the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/...0YLZmyvJBKuHTYQ

It's not the same as the TX shaft. It's just an in-between flex. I owned one and it was a great shaft for the price (I think I paid $40 for it) but the TX is a different beast. Tip the TS an inch and it will play close to the X with a slightly softer feeling.

Search under Kuro Kage Dual Core TS and you can find them cheaper.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Here's the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-Kuro-Kage-Silver-Dual-Core-Tour-Stiff-TiNi-60-Shaft-Adapter-Grip-/132181912806?var=431517094526&hash=item1ec6a7ece6:m:myAcyqoc0YLZmyvJBKuHTYQ

I purchased one from them. My swing speed is mid to high 90's and It's to much for my swing. Now it in the BST classifieds. Now with your swing speed it should just be right for the "TS" flex.

I have this shaft for sale in the BST classifieds. My shaft is The Mitsubishi kuro kage silver tini dual core 60 "TS" flex. My shaft isn't the XT model, correct? I was told my shaft isn't the xt model. But I keep getting PM's telling me it is. I would like to get a correct answer so I can refer the people to this thread for the clarification.

I have this shaft for sale in the BST classifieds. My shaft is The Mitsubishi kuro kage silver tini dual core 60 "TS" flex. My shaft isn't the XT model, correct? I was told my shaft isn't the xt model. But I keep getting PM's telling me it is. I would like to get a correct answer so I can refer the people to this thread for the clarification.

It is NOT the XT model. Only the TX flex is the XT

Is there anything else on the shaft that will differ from an XT model and a non XT model besides the "TX" flex?

Is there anything else on the shaft that will differ from an XT model and a non XT model besides the "TX" flex?

No. TX flex is the ONLY flex that is the XT profile. The TS is just a firmer stiff flex of the standard silver Tini profile. The same one that comes stock in M series drivers.

No. TX flex is the ONLY flex that is the XT profile. The TS is just a firmer stiff flex of the standard silver Tini profile. The same one that comes stock in M series drivers.

Thank you, I still don't get why people still think it's a XT profile if they keep referring back to this thread. I hope this clears things up.

Thank you, I still don't get why people still think it's a XT profile if they keep referring back to this thread. I hope this clears things up.

I think the fact that it says Prototype on it confuses people.

I just have to say that the Kuro Kage Dual Core Tini XT is the best shaft I've ever hit. I was and still am a big fan of the Tour AD Gp but the KK DC XT blew it away, well for my swing at least.

Feel is great, super stable, tight snap through impact as opposed to a kick. You cannot overpower this shaft. I can launch it high or hit it low. This shaft combined with the Epic SZ head I have is straight $$$ best driver set up I've ever had.

What length and SW are you playing this at? By chance do you know what your SZ head weighs?

Sorry for super late reply, I've been offline for a while LOL

I'm playing my SZ @ 44.5, not sure what the head weighs. I went off the 197 grams I read somewhere here on the board a while back. I replaced the stock 2g weight for a 9gram I bought from Billy Bob's. So I have the 9g in the front, and 14g in the back.

This shaft is the BEST shaft I've ever played. I will never change it. It allows me to actually control the ball. I was so used to hitting everything mountain high, with the KK DC TX and Subzero head combo I can hit any shot I see (swing permitting LOL). Plus the feel of this shaft is just wonderful.

Does anyone know the distance from tip to a certain graphic for an untipped or tipped Kuro Kage DC 70TX? Trying to determine how much tipping was done to one I've purchased. If anyone has one and is willing to measure and let me know how much yours is tipped and distance from tip to a certain graphic would be really helpful. Thanks all!

WITB
TaylorMade Tour Issue M5 9.0 Kuro Kage Dual Core 60TX
Taylormade Tour issue M4 15* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Taylormade Tour issue 2016 M2 18* 5 wood - Project X Hzrdus Black 95g 6.5
Mizuno MP 25 - 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S
Vokey SM7 50* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Vokey SM6 54* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Vokey SM7 60* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron 009
Titleist Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted some feedback. Read a few pages here. I just got a KK D.C. TiNi x flex off here for a steal. I currently have a '16 M1 with a Speedster 757 x flex. My SS is 108-110 mph. I hit what I would consider a power fade. I'm fairly consistent with hitting the center of the face. I struggle with sometimes not finishing my swing and spraying it right. Usually it only happens a few times however then I correct it. I'm a 1.6 handicap. Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Just wanted some feedback. Read a few pages here. I just got a KK D.C. TiNi x flex off here for a steal. I currently have a '16 M1 with a Speedster 757 x flex. My SS is 108-110 mph. I hit what I would consider a power fade. I'm fairly consistent with hitting the center of the face. I struggle with sometimes not finishing my swing and spraying it right. Usually it only happens a few times however then I correct it. I'm a 1.6 handicap. Any thoughts would be much appreciated

The X flex is the same as the Silver Tini in any other flex. So those reviews in here should be helpful to you. The TX flex is the XT profile which is totally different. The standard Tini is still a really good shaft, it just isn't the ultimate spin killer the XT/TX is.

The X flex is the same as the Silver Tini in any other flex. So those reviews in here should be helpful to you. The TX flex is the XT profile which is totally different. The standard Tini is still a really good shaft, it just isn't the ultimate spin killer the XT/TX is.

Sounds good. Like I said the reviews are really good which helped me make my decision final.

Sounds good. Like I said the reviews are really good which helped me make my decision final.

If you hit it and still want to drop spin, but like the feel of the shaft, Dual Core XT is your next step. It is Tour only, so if you end up needing help finding one, I've got them in stock.

If you hit it and still want to drop spin, but like the feel of the shaft, Dual Core XT is your next step. It is Tour only, so if you end up needing help finding one, I've got them in stock.

Perfect. I've thought about going up to a tour x shaft but wasn't quite sure if my swing speed was high enough. I believe I'm just on the bottom end of the MPH for a tx shaft.

Like I said the reviews I believe speak for themselves. I haven't read one bad thing about the KK DC TiNi. Hopefully I'm not disappointed and doesn't seem like I will be.

Perfect. I've thought about going up to a tour x shaft but wasn't quite sure if my swing speed was high enough. I believe I'm just on the bottom end of the MPH for a tx shaft. Like I said the reviews I believe speak for themselves. I haven't read one bad thing about the KK DC TiNi. Hopefully I'm not disappointed and doesn't seem like I will be.

I don't think you'll have an issue. Based on your speed and your HC, you are obviously a good striker of the ball. I swing about 107 and tried a Tensei in TX for teh first time and wish I'd done it sooner.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Diamana DF 60X
Titleist TS3 15* w/ Diamana ZF 70X
Titleist 913h 19* w/ Tensei Pro Blue
Titleist T100s 4-P w/ C-Taper Lite X
Titleist Vokey Raw 48, 54, 60 w/ S400
Scotty Cameron Tour Rat

I don't think you'll have an issue. Based on your speed and your HC, you are obviously a good striker of the ball. I swing about 107 and tried a Tensei in TX for teh first time and wish I'd done it sooner.

We have several guys swinging 105 range who play TX for control and spin control.

Iam 108 and love the TX for control and spin. Besy shaft I have ever played...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

We have several guys swinging 105 range who play TX for control and spin control.

Iam 108 and love the TX for control and spin. Besy shaft I have ever played...

I think the fact that it's so smooth, also makes it manageable feeling even in the TX.

• 2 weeks later...

With all this talk about these TS60 Proto's I can't believe no club ho on this board bought one and cut it about 12" from the tip to find out if the Tini runs that high.

It's weird that the butt sticker is almost identical to the TX except for 1 letter which is the Flex designation. It also has the nice hologram sticker on the butt as well.

Not questioning, just curious........Mitsu has a record of confusion on specs even on their website where I've seen shaft profiles change characteristics when the new model releases.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)