MEMBER TESTING: Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi shafts. Read reviews here!

HipCheck

@tollbros thanks to this guy I got a couple of dual core tx coming. Great seller, hit him up for your tour issue shafts. Super knowledgeable and service. Can't wait to game these.

WITB:

TS3 10.5- Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TS3 16.5- Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
716 TMB 3- Project X Handcrafted EvenFlow Blue 100 6.5
718 AP2 4-9- AMT Tour Issue S400
SM7 Raw 46 50 54 58 Low bounce K- Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Circa Tour #3 3x Black

@Tollbros Just want to thank this guy again for hooking up these Tour only Dual Core 70 Tx and 80 Tx. Shafted them both up in my 915 D3 10.5 and 917 F2 16.5 PReviously i was gaming Kuro Kage Xt 70 TX in the driver tipped 1/2 inch and i had titleist send a p95x in my 3 wood. I didnt think anything could kick the xt out of the bag last year. it had very little movement and felt pretty good. One thing i was really looking for this year in my fariway wood was more height off the deck and the p95 i had to work really hard to get it in the air. The p95 was a bomber off the tee but off the deck i found it quite difficult to be consistent with trajectory.

AFter this thread had shown up i was really intrigued to try this shaft as i have already had a lot of success with the original xt. Ended up pulling the trigger with Tollbros and have no regrets at all.

Ive gained at least 15 yards with the driver and keeping up wiht some of the longer guys im playing with. The flight hasnt changed from the original xt but the ball looks ilke it spins less and just stays in the air for longer. The feel of the the DCTX is very solid but it doesnt feel harsh at all, gives the right feedback. Moving onto the fairway i was a little hesistant as the first few swings i made the shaft felt so much lighter. After a few more swings the flight was what i was looking for on the range. Very tight dispersion and it was the height i was looking for. Overall im really happy with these two shafts, will update after a few rounds.

WITB:

TS3 10.5- Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TS3 16.5- Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
716 TMB 3- Project X Handcrafted EvenFlow Blue 100 6.5
718 AP2 4-9- AMT Tour Issue S400
SM7 Raw 46 50 54 58 Low bounce K- Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Circa Tour #3 3x Black

Finally got my KK DC XT 80tx on the course yesterday. Weather has just been terrible around here and the wait has been killing me. I have it on a '16 M2 8.5 Tour issued head set at neutral. I prefer heavier shafts in the driver as it helps my tempo. I installed it straight in (no tipping) at 45" playing length. Top swingspeed is about 110-115, but I can vary quite a bit here as occasionally I really dial it back when I need a control swing and it dips down to 100-105. This control swing can make an x-stiff shaft feel like board, which is why I have gotten along with heavier "stiff" shafts best in the past. I was nervous to step up to the 80tx flex for this reason. However, this shaft never feels like it's too much, very responsive even with the smooth controlled swing. When you do step on it, it holds up to everything I can throw at it. I do not feel that I will need to tip this shaft but definitely need some more time with it. Untipped, I love the versatility of this shaft.

I was able to work the ball both ways with it, although it is much easier to fade. If you like to draw the ball this shaft will make that very difficult, but that is not a bad thing for me. Produced a midflight penetrating shot, no ballooning high balls, no worm burners, just a nice consistent penetrating mid trajectory. Tough to get an idea of spin as in Chicago the fairways are still so soft there is no rollout at all, you can see your ballmark right next to the ball every time. This does give you an exact idea of carry distance however and the best of the day for me was one that carried 290... that is a monster carry for me. There is zero chance my old combo (915D3/Whiteboard 82g stiff) goes that far in yesterday's conditions (45 degrees, light breeze in face). I'm excited to see what I can get when the fairways firm up.

I did struggle with consistency and it was not my best driving day but this is a new clubhead and shaft for me, so I'm still getting used to it. I saw enough "good" yesterday that I think it's going to be an excellent shaft for me and I'm very happy with the purchase. I will provide more information/updates once I get more time with it, but for now, another satisfied Tollbros customer!

Thanks guys. It is very satisfying to be able to provide you guys with game changing things from time to time. It really is amazing what the right shaft can do for your game, and there certainly is a reason so many top players play Mitsubishi Kuro Kàge Dual Core TX. It's the same driver shaft I personally play as well and nothing gives you that combination of ultra low spin, great feel, and still feel like it will take everything you can give it. Awesome shaft.

I've got 2+ months of solid gaming with my KKDC and I can happily say the honeymoon phase has not worn off. This shaft is the real deal, my driver hasn't been this solid in a long time. I just can't get over how good the feel is and how well it performs.

I'm fighting every urge I have to put an 80TX in my 3W to match, even though I'm having pretty good results with my S+ LTD though the feel just isn't as good.

My only complaint to MRC would be that it's rather confusing that they would make the TX DC a tour only XT prototype, instead of just calling it what it is. I'm sure they have their reasons but if it's confusing to a guy that looks at GolfWRX pretty much every day, I can only imagine a non golf equipment junkie. I can't complain too much though, regardless of the name because the shaft is just about perfect for me.

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron

I've got 2+ months of solid gaming with my KKDC and I can happily say the honeymoon phase has not worn off. This shaft is the real deal, my driver hasn't been this solid in a long time. I just can't get over how good the feel is and how well it performs.

I'm fighting every urge I have to put an 80TX in my 3W to match, even though I'm having pretty good results with my S+ LTD though the feel just isn't as good.

My only complaint to MRC would be that it's rather confusing that they would make the TX DC a tour only XT prototype, instead of just calling it what it is. I'm sure they have their reasons but if it's confusing to a guy that looks at GolfWRX pretty much every day, I can only imagine a non golf equipment junkie. I can't complain too much though, regardless of the name because the shaft is just about perfect for me.

The thing is there is already a Kuro Kàge XT on the market, and they aren't ready to introduce a new model of that shaft to retail. However they wanted to make dual core technology available to the Tour players, who are clearly not going to play the standard silver Tini version.

I put the Kuro Kage DC XT in play for the first time this afternoon and was blown away by its performance. Paired with my '16 M2 it produced a mid/low launch with low spin that resulted in some of the farthest carry distances I have ever achieved with predictable dispersion. I am coming from a Tensei Orange V2 and my transition is too quick to take advantage of its design. If anyone is looking for a V2, PM me! Special shouts to @Tollbros for assisting me in acquiring this shaft.

I put the Kuro Kage DC XT in play for the first time this afternoon and was blown away by its performance. Paired with my '16 M2 it produced a mid/low launch with low spin that resulted in some of the farthest carry distances I have ever achieved with predictable dispersion. I am coming from a Tensei Orange V2 and my transition is too quick to take advantage of its design. If anyone is looking for a V2, PM me! Special shouts to @Tollbros for assisting me in acquiring this shaft.

It's the best feeling and performing ultra low spin shaft there is at this moment in time. I've always struggled a bit with driver spin, but I don't anymore.

This shaft continues to impress me, it feels way too good to be this stable and low spinning. I adjusted the settings on my Epic SZ, put the heavy weight up front and hit some beastly drives yesterday. I'm seeing places I never thought possible. I often play in strong wind here, just like yesterday, and I no longer fear drives into the wind. I can swing free without worrying if it'll balloon and go a mile high. Great shaft, and another BIG BIG thank you to Tollbros!!

This shaft continues to impress me, it feels way too good to be this stable and low spinning. I adjusted the settings on my Epic SZ, put the heavy weight up front and hit some beastly drives yesterday. I'm seeing places I never thought possible. I often play in strong wind here, just like yesterday, and I no longer fear drives into the wind. I can swing free without worrying if it'll balloon and go a mile high. Great shaft, and another BIG BIG thank you to Tollbros!!

Thank you sir. Everyone who hits this thing seems to love it. Especially the aggressive or stronger player.

@ TollBros

awesome content mate, wondering if you can give any comparisons on KK DC XT and Orange V2 vs Fuji EVO3 661x which I play currently, the KK DC really has my interest!

We are actually in the process of doing a shaft review with data on the following.

Hzrdus yellow

Hzrdus t1100

Hzrdus black

Kuro Kàge Dual Core TX

Tensei Orange V2

Tensei Orange Final Version

Tensei Pro White

Diamana W-Series

Aldila X-Torsion

Stay tuned.

I'm super curious to see the results on this test!

@ TollBros

awesome content mate, wondering if you can give any comparisons on KK DC XT and Orange V2 vs Fuji EVO3 661x which I play currently, the KK DC really has my interest!

We are actually in the process of doing a shaft review with data on the following.

Hzrdus yellow

Hzrdus t1100

Hzrdus black

Kuro Kàge Dual Core TX

Tensei Orange V2

Tensei Orange Final Version

Tensei Pro White

Diamana W-Series

Aldila X-Torsion

Stay tuned.

I'm super curious to see the results on this test!

I just finished it up and sold off the pretenders. Haha

Although I love MRC shafts, I predict the winner will be the T1100 75G. I'm interested to find out about the Aldila shaft.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

I just finished it up and sold off the pretenders. Haha

I didn't see the X-torsion in the ad....

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

How do you know it's the tour version of the shaft, versus the regular?

The Tour Only Dual Core XT profile is only made in TX flex. The retail Silver Dual Core is available in regular, stiff and extra stiff.

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

Not to take this too far off topic but I currently play the original silver tini in stiff. TX is totally out for this older guy. Can someone comment of the standard silver tini dual core vs the original version? Thanks.

I only hit the original silver tini during club fittings, but recall it as feeling harsh. I didn't spend much time with it because of the brittle feel.

So, I wasn't expecting the Dual-Core to any different from the original. But it is. It doesn't have any hint of harshness. Smooth but gives a good deal of feedback. Just a very nice feel of load and release. I've also got a Tensei Pro White and I think I almost favor the feel of the Dual-Core. White is perhaps a touch too smooth?

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

Thanks. I can live with that at this flex. Was more concerned with performance differences. I suspect they are close.

I find the DC to be smoother feeling, lower spin and more accurate than the past generation KK Silver. The differences between the Silver DC and original KK Silver are pretty significant IMHO.

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

I will provide more information/updates once I get more time with it, but for now, another satisfied Tollbros customer!

UPDATE: Got a chance to play 90 holes of golf this weekend in the Tampa area and really put the KK DC Tx to the test. Finally was able to get a feel for this shaft/head combo so I could swing with confidence. This combo won me a lot of money in the matches we played, consistent performer that I'm very happy with.

My biggest takeaway is that you don't have to worry about this shaft getting loose on you if you go at it. Launches mid flight bombs swinging easy or hard. Very low spin. When I get the driver going my swings tend to get harder and harder as confidence builds and that is when a shaft can get loose on me. That just doesn't happen with this shaft.

Looking forward to trying it at my home course this weekend to see how it performs in familiar territory. Huge fan thus far.

I will provide more information/updates once I get more time with it, but for now, another satisfied Tollbros customer!

UPDATE: Got a chance to play 90 holes of golf this weekend in the Tampa area and really put the KK DC Tx to the test. Finally was able to get a feel for this shaft/head combo so I could swing with confidence. This combo won me a lot of money in the matches we played, consistent performer that I'm very happy with.

My biggest takeaway is that you don't have to worry about this shaft getting loose on you if you go at it. Launches mid flight bombs swinging easy or hard. Very low spin. When I get the driver going my swings tend to get harder and harder as confidence builds and that is when a shaft can get loose on me. That just doesn't happen with this shaft.

Looking forward to trying it at my home course this weekend to see how it performs in familiar territory. Huge fan thus far.

Good to hear! What courses did you get to play?

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Amen. Like I say, it's smooth when you want to finesse it and just seems to tighten up the harder you swing. I love this shaft!

Played Innisbrook Copperhead & Island Courses. Then (2) rounds and Bardmoor and (1) at Bellview Biltmore. Obviously scored much better on the latter (2) than at Copperhead & Island and also got to use the M2/KKDC A LOT more - those (2) Innisbrook courses saw a lot of 2 irons off the tee. Not an accuracy issue the driver just goes wayyy to far for most of those holes and I can get the 2 iron to 250 all day.

FWIW - here are my personal rankings of these courses from the weekend. Have you played them?

1) Island (big upset over copperhead here) 2) Copperhead 3) Bardmoor 4) Biltmore

Played Innisbrook Copperhead & Island Courses. Then (2) rounds and Bardmoor and (1) at Bellview Biltmore. Obviously scored much better on the latter (2) than at Copperhead & Island and also got to use the M2/KKDC A LOT more - those (2) Innisbrook courses saw a lot of 2 irons off the tee. Not an accuracy issue the driver just goes wayyy to far for most of those holes and I can get the 2 iron to 250 all day.

FWIW - here are my personal rankings of these courses from the weekend. Have you played them?

1) Island (big upset over copperhead here) 2) Copperhead 3) Bardmoor 4) Biltmore

I played the Copperhead course myself early this year. That sucker is tight. I remember it being somewhat narrow from years ago but it felt even more constricting this time around. We played it all the way back so I did use driver some, but I actually put my 2 udi back in the bag to hit off the tee. That course definitely puts a premium on accuracy.

Thanks. I can live with that at this flex. Was more concerned with performance differences. I suspect they are close.

I find the DC to be smoother feeling, lower spin and more accurate than the past generation KK Silver. The differences between the Silver DC and original KK Silver are pretty significant IMHO.

I have both the KK XT and the DC XT in the 2017 M2 and having hit them side by side, i completely agree with your comment. DC XT is just smooth!!

I have played them all. Most members prefer the Island course over Copperhead and I can't say I disagree. It's just cool being on a course that the pro's play. I play Bardmoor a lot including a Thursday night 9 hole league. It's less than 10 miles from my office and the owner of my company lives on 13 which is the long par 3 if you can remember.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D