2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MEMBER TESTING: Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi shafts. Read reviews here!

HipCheck

A-ha! I had requested no tipping for the review shaft. Most likely the culprit.

BTW, it isn't really a stout feeling. It's harsh vs smooth. Reminded me of why I didn't like the original KK, the first time I had tried it.

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

BTW, it isn't really a stout feeling. It's harsh vs smooth. Reminded me of why I didn't like the original KK, the first time I had tried it.

I'm with you. I had the original KK TiNi in an M1 hoping it would launch higher than the Rogue Silver but I thought it played very similar. Not a very smooth feeling shaft from what I remember.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Kuro Kage might be too butt stiff for you. Take a look at Tensei Pro line.

Would love to give the Tensei a try! Just a little $$, hehe. Are you thinking the Tensie CK Pro Blue 60? It has a higher balance point and is less tip-heavy than the KK, right?

Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

Would love to give the Tensei a try! Just a little $$, hehe. Are you thinking the Tensie CK Pro Blue 60? It has a higher balance point and is less tip-heavy than the KK, right?

Yes it will be smoother feeling in the hands too.

I finally had a chance to play 18 holes with the dual core the other day. My hope is to get on a monitor soon with KK Black, Silver tini 70X and the 60TX dual core and throw up some numbers.

My initial thoughts are very positive for several reasons. The control was a bit better for me playing it in a Cobra f6+ pro set at 10 degrees and weight back. I could feel the head a bit better and in my mind it helped a bit with confidence at a course I had never played before. The dual core is very smooth if not with a bit more kick when compared to silver tini in 70X. Distance has never been an issue for me and I have to say the original black KK I was fit for by a Nike rep outdoors on flightscope. It had been extremely consistent for me for several seasons...my fw's hit number increased by at least 3-4 on average.

I also noticed the ball appeared to stay on my intended line a bit better with the dual core and had a bit of a tumble to it unlike the 70X. It was windy enough to give me grief on a few holes but overall my first impression left me highly encouraged after the round. I want to throw out a big thanks to the guys at MRC after having the wrong tip...which I found out may have fit anyway...installed the first time around. I'm not curious about trying a LTD head as well since it has had so much positive feedback on this site. Again, I asked for the install to be done a certain way and once inserted the shaft and grip were perfect. I will be back soon with some numbers and I will say after a one hour fitting outside with 917 paired with Aldila and/or Fujikura I just seem to fit the profile of the KK..or it fits me best so far.

Thanks again to GolfWrx and MRC looking forward to a great season...stay tuned everyone!

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

Unfortunately, it looks like my trackman session may be pushed to a little later date. I did get the DC out again for another test. I got very similar results from the first test. DC will launch and spin less than the XM good for good. The DC does seem to want to hold a straighter line than the XM. I still think this beast is a little much for me right now, but could be really good once things warm up and I'm more confident in my swing. Time will tell. I will update again when I have more info. If anyone has questions or would like a comparison to another shaft, let me know.

Ron - do you have access to the original KK XT? if so, I'd love a comparison between the DC, XT, and XM. ie spin, launch, etc. i know the DC and the XT should be similar, but wondering how those two feel compared to each other (knowing the XM will feel softer already).

I thought I would go ahead an add my thoughts on these since I'm not 100% sure that I will be able to get the XT in the test. Here is the best way I think I can compare the three, I hope this makes sense.

I actually feel like the XT is closer to the XM than the XT is to the new DC TX. I played all three shafts in 70 TX at the same length and tipping. Keep in mind I do not have a huge amount of time in with the DC TX at this point.

Lets say each step is equal i.e. one step is 100rpm or 1* or whatever you would like.

Launch - if XM is the base, XT is 1 step lower and DC TX is another step lower than the XT.

Spin - If XM is base, XT is 1 step lower and DC TX is two steps lower than the XT.

Feel - XM is "softest" XT is still very close and DC TX is only slightly more stout FEELING. None of these shafts have a boardy/intimidating feel.

Stability - I would say XM and XT are equal and DC maybe ever so slightly more stable feeling, but again this is on limited testing with the DC TX and mainly due to my experience with its tendency to want to go straighter than my XM thus far.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Another round of golf played today with the Dual-Core. The results are undeniable. It's taken over the Speeder VC 6.2 and is now my favorite amongst the shafts I own.

I feel like I've stumbled upon one of those "magic" combos. Can't put my finger on it, the club feels almost "automatic". Seems to just fall into the slot and release on cue nearly every time. Will be interesting to see if the Tensei Pro Blue could be another good fit with the right head.

Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

Another round of golf played today with the Dual-Core. The results are undeniable. It's taken over the Speeder VC 6.2 and is now my favorite amongst the shafts I own.

I feel like I've stumbled upon one of those "magic" combos. Can't put my finger on it, the club feels almost "automatic". Seems to just fall into the slot and release on cue nearly every time. Will be interesting to see if the Tensei Pro Blue could be another good fit with the right head.

Almost all out test guys are playing Dual Core TX, Tensei Pro White, or Tensei Pro Orange V2 in the driver. TPB is very popular in fairway woods, along with Dual Core 80tx for the high spin guys.

That's odd. In the Tensei Blue testing thread, it seems like a lot of guys were saying that they had to add weight to the head to get the swingweight back up, or that it was coming out at a lighter SW than what they were gaming before.

We're you saying the Tensei White is more tip heavy or the White and Blue are heavier in the tip than most shafts? How would the balance point compare on the KK DC & KK DC XT compared to the Tensei's? Really wish they would list the balance point of the uncut shaft in the specs on the manufacturer's websites.(like, it could say balance point - 23 inches, and that would mean the balance point is 23 inches away from the tip. Seems like they did something like this with some shafts on golf shaft reviews)

Just curious, as I find the balance point on the shaft tends to be pretty important for me because I like the feel of a heavier head. Just seems like I can feel where the head is during the swing better that way

Forget about listing. I directly asked MRC customer support about the KK DC balance point. Their disappointing response:

We don’t disclosed that information but the balance point is standard.

Thank you

Mitsubishi Rayon Graphite Shafts

WTH is "standard"? Apparently this is how they deal with lay-people.

Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

Almost all out test guys are playing Dual Core TX, Tensei Pro White, or Tensei Pro Orange V2 in the driver. TPB is very popular in fairway woods, along with Dual Core 80tx for the high spin guys.

Dang, would love to try em all out! Until you mentioned it, I had no idea the KK was tip-heavy vs Tensei and Diamana. Not sure how noticeable or significant it is either.

Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

Dang, would love to try em all out! Until you mentioned it, I had no idea the KK was tip-heavy vs Tensei and Diamana. Not sure how noticeable or significant it is either.

I will have a Tensei Blue Pro TX next week and will compare with the Kuro Kage DC TX. I tend to launch on the lower side so I thought I would give them both a shot. I just need to get a TM Tip put on the KK before my fitting. I am determined to get this M1 dialed in.

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

I will have a Tensei Blue Pro TX next week and will compare with the Kuro Kage DC TX. I tend to launch on the lower side so I thought I would give them both a shot. I just need to get a TM Tip put on the KK before my fitting. I am determined to get this M1 dialed in.

Pro blue spins a lot more. It's really best suited for fairway woods in my opinion, or players who need to add a bit of spin over tip stiff profiles. It is one of the best feeling shafts I've ever hit, that's for sure.

Pro blue spins a lot more. It's really best suited for fairway woods in my opinion, or players who need to add a bit of spin over tip stiff profiles. It is one of the best feeling shafts I've ever hit, that's for sure.

Are any of your guys swinging in the 110-113 range or do they all swing as hard as you?

Awesome, please share your thought on the two. Particularly interested in the overall balance of the club.

TPB in a fairway does indeed sound enticing.

Curious about the TPWhite though. Obviously not the same for everyone, but from the bit I've been reading, seems lower launch than either the D+ or 60M4, and at the same time lower spinning than either the D+, 60M4, or Kiyoshi White?

Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

Are any of your guys swinging in the 110-113 range or do they all swing as hard as you?

Our test guys are from around 105 all the way up to 130.

Awesome, please share your thought on the two. Particularly interested in the overall balance of the club.

TPB in a fairway does indeed sound enticing.

Curious about the TPWhite though. Obviously not the same for everyone, but from the bit I've been reading, seems lower launch than either the D+ or 60M4, and at the same time lower spinning than either the D+, 60M4, or Kiyoshi White?

Pro White is similar in performance to kkdc TX. It's just softer in the butt section. Different ways of accomplishing similar performance.

I've been gaming the Tensei Pro White/Diamana BF combo in the driver and 3-wood. Need to get on a monitor soon and dial in the new Epics but the Tensei Orange and KK Dual Core are 2 I'd love to try this year. I liked the original Silver TiNi which was my gamer shaft before the CK Pro White.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

Are the Dual core Kuro Kage's in the 2017 M1's the "real deal"?

They are "real deal" as in they are the actual MRC Dual Core Silver Series. However this thread has mainly discussed the TX version, which is a different profile than the standard DC Silver Series and not available in the 2017 M series.

They are "real deal" as in they are the actual MRC Dual Core Silver Series. However this thread has mainly discussed the TX version, which is a different profile than the standard DC Silver Series and not available in the 2017 M series.

I still don't entirely understand why MRC sent testers shafts, that the public can't buy. I think it's cool for them, but a relatively pointless exercise.

I still don't entirely understand why MRC sent testers shafts, that the public can't buy. I think it's cool for them, but a relatively pointless exercise.

I'm not sure either. I requested a 70 TX after I was chosen as a tester not knowing, per TollBros, it is essentially a different shaft. I thought the TX flex would be a slightly tighter version of the X flex, usually with slightly lower torque.

I believe they simply wanted people to compare the feel and performance of dual core technology vs the original version. The player hitting TX has most likely played original XT version and should be able to compare the feel difference best with a direct comparative profile. I assume that's the reason.

I believe they simply wanted people to compare the feel and performance of dual core technology vs the original version. The player hitting TX has most likely played original XT version and should be able to compare the feel difference best with a direct comparative profile. I assume that's the reason.

In my case, that makes perfect sense. I have never played any of the standard Silver Series shafts in the past, but have played the XT and XM in TX flex extensively. For MRC to provide a shaft, with the assumption it would not fit the player based on the shaft they have had success with in the past, would do little good for anyone involved.

In my case, that makes perfect sense. I have never played any of the standard Silver Series shafts in the past, but have played the XT and XM in TX flex extensively. For MRC to provide a shaft, with the assumption it would not fit the player based on the shaft they have had success with in the past, would do little good for anyone involved.

Exactly. The focus of the review thread really seems to be to get player perspective on dual core technology. The flex and specific profile are secondary, as long as it fits each player.

That makes sense, with one caveat...I can buy the XT - TX shafts. In the beginning, I could have sworn mrc listed the dual core in tx flexes, so maybe that will change. Anywho, no biggie, I just hope they make the shaft available.

They used to list the TX on the site but they took it down a couple of weeks ago.

Correct, the TX flex was listed on the website when I last looked a few weeks ago but looks like it's gone now. It's still a little confusing to me why the TX flex would be the DC XT proto and be tour only and why they just wouldn't label it the XT from the get go. At this point though, I really don't care. The KK Silver DC TX is in my bag for the long haul, I absolutely love it. I found it really interesting that I have a really hard time hitting it left, which is typically my miss. I would have thought the typically firmer shafts I've played over the years (Whiteboard, Devotion, Rogue Silver, RIP) would have been the more anti-left than the KKDC. It's been a blessing though, I can aim down the left center and just hit it without much worry of left being in play.

Hoping to get it on a launch monitor in the next few weeks, I'm interested to see how the numbers shake out but I'm also hoping there isn't a glaring issue with the numbers since I'm having so much success on the course and don't want to second guess it.

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron